Author Topic: What's with middle mouse button failing?  (Read 6430 times)

Offline jaffers

What's with middle mouse button failing?
« on: Thu, 28 July 2016, 03:05:34 »
I've had a Corsair M65, which I was very unhappy with, and the middle mouse failed on it after a small time, as well as the sensor eventually.

And now my second mouse, the Mionix Avior 8200, which I have been very impressed with so far, has also had the middle mouse fail.

It's ridiculous as its probably the best way to scroll big threads quickly and now it only works if I press it in really hard.

Can a mouse company not make a mouse where the scroll wheel actuates correctly?

Offline jaffers

Re: What's with middle mouse button failing?
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 28 July 2016, 03:53:36 »
just solder on a new switch? 
Show Image

I disassembled the last mouse and the switch was fine, what was damaged was the the mechanism that pressed the button because it was made out of cheap plastic that looked like it was engineered to fail

Offline MandrewDavis

• Chasin' That Neon Rainbow
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 28 July 2016, 05:10:04 »
Show Image

I disassembled the last mouse and the switch was fine, what was damaged was the the mechanism that pressed the button because it was made out of cheap plastic that looked like it was engineered to fail

I have gone through something similar and am on my second G602. The first time, the middle button completely failed after less than a year. Logitech has a three year warranty and replaced it with one that works, but now requires an extreme amount of force. Quite frustrating as it seems like such an easy thing for manufacturers to improve on.
I've come to view humanity as predominantly monkey business.

My Classifieds Thread

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 28 July 2016, 05:12:27 »
Show Image

I have gone through something similar and am on my second G602. The first time, the middle button completely failed after less than a year. Logitech has a three year warranty and replaced it with one that works, but now requires an extreme amount of force. Quite frustrating as it seems like such an easy thing for manufacturers to improve on.
Yeah it's always the first thing to fail on my mice as well.
I still remember the old Logitech that I had, it just worked. Until someone spilled coffee on it.

Offline aalfz

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 28 July 2016, 10:53:28 »
I think you need Logitech.:)

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 28 July 2016, 12:20:07 »
Don't you spin the wheel to scroll, or page up/down?

Middle click is for lazy copy paste (Linux) and 'open link in new tab' - these functions are enough to have pretty much killed my CM Storm's middle click :(
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline MykB77

« Reply #7 on: Fri, 29 July 2016, 23:05:08 »
I think you need Logitech.:)
I second this.  Just had my 2 month old rat MMO te scroll fail, although rat9 from 5 yrs ago still going strong.

I just opened up the MMO and repaired the scroll.  Not that bad to fix but I agree, built to fail...

Aside: anyone try the logitech 900 yet?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk