Author Topic: Windows or Mac?  (Read 35022 times)

Offline Thimplum

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Master of all Ponies
Re: Windows or Mac?
« Reply #200 on: Thu, 19 September 2013, 19:47:57 »
Because OS X just works.  It gets out of the way and lets me get on with my work.

[...]

Linux does not (most common GUIs on Linux need more tweaking than Windows btw).

lolwut?
TP4 FOR ADMIN 2013

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #201 on: Thu, 19 September 2013, 19:53:38 »
Windows via Boot Camp

Windows runs well on many Apple hardware.

SO WHY PAY EXTRA MONEY FOR THE APPLE HARDWARE WHEN WINDOWS WILL RUN JUST AS WELL ON CHEAPER COMPUTERS?
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #202 on: Thu, 19 September 2013, 19:54:46 »
I laugh when scammers go to the trouble of mocking up a Windows dialog box pretending that my computer is infected and I should click the pretty button to clean my computer.

On Windows it looks genuine.  On a Mac I just ignore it.

WHY WOULD YOU USE A MAC? THERE IS NO GOOD REASON TO USE A MAC, ESPECIALLY WITH MAC OS X. MACS ARE STUPID. YOU SHOULD SWITCH TO WINDOWS TODAY!

Because OS X just works.  It gets out of the way and lets me get on with my work.

I have to fight with Windows all the time.

I've more or less gone past the point of tinkering with an OS to get it working the way I like.  OS X already does that.  Windows does not.  Linux does not (most common GUIs on Linux need more tweaking than Windows btw).

YEAH, MAC OS X JUST WORKS....TERRIBLY! WINDOWS WORKS THE WAY EVERYBODY SHOULD LIKE. ESPECIALLY WINDOWS 2000.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #203 on: Thu, 19 September 2013, 20:01:35 »
Windows via Boot Camp

SO WHY PAY EXTRA MONEY FOR THE APPLE HARDWARE WHEN WINDOWS WILL RUN JUST AS WELL ON CHEAPER COMPUTERS?

I would pay the extra money and run OS X on it, to get the bestest experience.

I laugh when scammers go to the trouble of mocking up a Windows dialog box pretending that my computer is infected and I should click the pretty button to clean my computer.

WHY WOULD YOU USE A MAC? THERE IS NO GOOD REASON TO USE A MAC, ESPECIALLY WITH MAC OS X. MACS ARE STUPID. YOU SHOULD SWITCH TO WINDOWS TODAY!

I've more or less gone past the point of tinkering with an OS to get it working the way I like.  OS X already does that.  Windows does not.  Linux does not (most common GUIs on Linux need more tweaking than Windows btw).

YEAH, MAC OS X JUST WORKS....TERRIBLY! WINDOWS WORKS THE WAY EVERYBODY SHOULD LIKE. ESPECIALLY WINDOWS 2000.

Thought you were promoting Windows 98 this week?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #204 on: Thu, 19 September 2013, 20:04:34 »
WINDW
Windows via Boot Camp

I would pay the extra money and run OS X on it, to get the bestest experience.

Thought you were promoting Windows 98 this week?

OS X WILL NOT GIVE YOU THE BEST EXPERIENCE. IT WILL GIVE YOU THE WORST EXPERIENCE BECAUSE IT IS A PATHETIC FAILURE OF AN OPERATING SYSTEM. WINDOWS, ON THE OTHER HAND, FEATURES LEGENDARY, AWARD-WINNING PERFORMANCE AND COMPATIBILITY. AND IT'S MUCH SMARTER.

WINDOWS 98 IS PRETTY GOOD, BUT WINDOWS 2000 IS GOOD TOO. I RUN BOTH OPERATING SYSTEMS ON MANY COMPUTERS IN MY PERSONAL FLEET.

Offline Thimplum

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Master of all Ponies
« Reply #205 on: Thu, 19 September 2013, 20:36:09 »
TP4 FOR ADMIN 2013

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #206 on: Thu, 19 September 2013, 21:01:04 »
OS X WILL NOT GIVE YOU THE BEST EXPERIENCE. IT WILL GIVE YOU THE WORST EXPERIENCE BECAUSE IT IS A PATHETIC FAILURE OF AN OPERATING SYSTEM.

Please justify this.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #207 on: Fri, 20 September 2013, 10:58:11 »
OS X WILL NOT GIVE YOU THE BEST EXPERIENCE. IT WILL GIVE YOU THE WORST EXPERIENCE BECAUSE IT IS A PATHETIC FAILURE OF AN OPERATING SYSTEM.

Please justify this.

I ALREADY DID. MAC OS X SUCKS. THERE IS NO WAY YOU CAN CHALLENGE THAT; IT IS THE UNDENIABLE TRUTH.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #208 on: Fri, 20 September 2013, 11:36:27 »

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #209 on: Fri, 20 September 2013, 12:32:37 »
Windows via Boot Camp

Why?

Possibly becasue Apple make the best laptops on the market (hardware wise). If I had the money it's what I would probably do.

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #210 on: Fri, 20 September 2013, 13:16:46 »
Windows via Boot Camp

Why?

Possibly becasue Apple make the best laptops on the market (hardware wise). If I had the money it's what I would probably do.

No, they don't. They make the worst laptops on the market. Windows laptops are infinitely superior.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #211 on: Sat, 21 September 2013, 01:50:20 »
Windows via Boot Camp

Why?

No, they don't. They make the worst laptops on the market. Windows laptops are infinitely superior.

And there was me thinking you'd turned caps lock off and got some common sense back ;)

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #212 on: Sat, 21 September 2013, 01:53:28 »
Are you trying to suggest that he had common sense?

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #213 on: Wed, 25 September 2013, 16:11:09 »
Are you trying to suggest that he had common sense?

Steve Jobs never had any common sense!

Offline Thimplum

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Master of all Ponies
« Reply #214 on: Wed, 25 September 2013, 16:21:24 »
TP4 FOR ADMIN 2013

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder

Offline xandr

« Reply #216 on: Thu, 26 September 2013, 09:06:45 »
After having come to the PC from an Amiga back in '93 I went through DOS6, Windows 3.1, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows NT4, Windows 2000 and Windows XP.

At that point I decided to switch to Linux as I was working as a web developer at that time and I preferred to have the same environment on my workstation and the server.

Sadly that's pretty much the only thing I found working really well on Linux. Sure, WoW did run moderately well in Wine, and there were a few other games for Linux as well, but music production - especially when it includes recording instruments - was just a general pain in the backside.

That's when I switched to Mac OS - first on PC hardware ("hackintosh") and later I bought a real Mac.

I think all three have their pros and cons and for my personal needs the Mac is my preferred platform. I do work with Windows 7 PCs at work though and they do their jobs just fine as well.

Whatever gets the job done best.
Sprit 60% w/MX Clear in DuckMini V2 case | Matias Quiet Pro (office)

Offline yester64

« Reply #217 on: Thu, 26 September 2013, 20:32:09 »
After having come to the PC from an Amiga back in '93 I went through DOS6, Windows 3.1, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows NT4, Windows 2000 and Windows XP.

At that point I decided to switch to Linux as I was working as a web developer at that time and I preferred to have the same environment on my workstation and the server.

Sadly that's pretty much the only thing I found working really well on Linux. Sure, WoW did run moderately well in Wine, and there were a few other games for Linux as well, but music production - especially when it includes recording instruments - was just a general pain in the backside.

That's when I switched to Mac OS - first on PC hardware ("hackintosh") and later I bought a real Mac.

I think all three have their pros and cons and for my personal needs the Mac is my preferred platform. I do work with Windows 7 PCs at work though and they do their jobs just fine as well.

Whatever gets the job done best.

I think i can agree with you somewhat. Since its all personal preferences there is no right platform.

I do too came from the Amiga landscape but i always had a personal hesitancy in regards to Mac's. Partly because there computer were overpriced and still are and Apple Talk at the time was not without its faults. Somewhere i mentioned it before, but i like open platforms. The Amiga itself was not that open either but you were able to replace parts, expand it with no problem. I do not like the closed system Apple offers. That said, that doesn't mean that it is bad. Its just not made for me.

Anyway, i did not use Hackintosh but got told to try it out. Maybe sometime in the future i will try it out.

I do think that this topic is actually redundant. Everyone has a personal favorite where he feels this is the system. For me its the pc and today i don't see even Windows as "that" enemy as it was back in the day. Today its pretty much all a grey area.
People are very passionate on everything. Can't argue with that.
Rosewill RK-9000BR (trashed)
WASD V1 Keyboard Cherry Blue w/40A Hardness O-Rings
Steelseries 6GV2 Red Cherry Switches

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #218 on: Thu, 26 September 2013, 21:52:27 »

Please justify this.

stahp
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #219 on: Thu, 26 September 2013, 23:20:07 »

Please justify this.

stahp

I was wondering whether he actually had anything of substance to back up this sort of vacuous bleating.

Obviously not.

Offline Thimplum

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Master of all Ponies
« Reply #220 on: Fri, 27 September 2013, 08:15:44 »

Please justify this.

stahp

I was wondering whether he actually had anything of substance to back up this sort of vacuous bleating.

Obviously not.

Do you have any facts to back up your claim that OS X is the best OS ever? It 'gets out of your way' is the best I've seen yet.
TP4 FOR ADMIN 2013

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #221 on: Fri, 27 September 2013, 08:36:59 »

Please justify this.

stahp

Obviously not.

YOU DON'T HAVE ANY SUBSTANCE EITHER. YOU JUST LIKE TO USE A PIECE OF CRAP FOR YOUR OPERATING SYSTEM WHILE EVERYBODY ELSE IS USING WINDOWS. YOU SHOULD GET WINDOWS TOO! ONCE YOU'VE GONE WINDOWS, THERE IS NO GOING BACK!

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #222 on: Fri, 27 September 2013, 08:37:27 »

Please justify this.

stahp

Obviously not.

Do you have any facts to back up your claim that OS X is the best OS ever? It 'gets out of your way' is the best I've seen yet.

THERE ARE NO FACTS TO BACK IT UP. THE ONLY THING THAT CAN BACK UP SAYING THAT THE WORST OPERATING SYSTEM IS THE BEST IS LIES.

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #223 on: Fri, 27 September 2013, 08:38:06 »

Please justify this.

I DON'T HAVE TO. WINDOWS IS ALREADY THE BEST. TRY AND PROVE THAT IT ISN'T.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #224 on: Fri, 27 September 2013, 14:03:03 »

Please justify this.

stahp

Obviously not.

at this point i seriously can't tell if you're just trolling ME
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline Hypersphere

« Reply #225 on: Fri, 27 September 2013, 14:07:32 »
Oftentimes it does not pay to rise to the bait.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #226 on: Sat, 28 September 2013, 03:13:48 »

I was curious if he was serious, but he and his minion are just trollin' away.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #227 on: Sat, 28 September 2013, 03:25:39 »

it's a fact that windows is better. if only for the reason that it's more easily pirated...

OSX is for kids.

Every one here is probably running pirated windows...

But everyone here has also bought a copy a some point... with their pcs.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #228 on: Sat, 28 September 2013, 03:55:26 »

it's a fact that windows is better. if only for the reason that it's more easily pirated...

OSX is for kids.

Actually Mac OS is more easily pirated - no activation or licence keys or anything.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #229 on: Sat, 28 September 2013, 04:05:18 »

OSX is for kids.

Actually Mac OS is more easily pirated - no activation or licence keys or anything.

not it is not... you got incompatibilities Everywhere....  windows will run on anything...

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #230 on: Sat, 28 September 2013, 04:52:56 »

OSX is for kids.

not it is not... you got incompatibilities Everywhere....  windows will run on anything...

If you have drivers for it.

Same with OS X - if you have compatible hardware (and Apple only officially support their own hardware) then it runs fine.  Look how many Hackintoshs there are around.

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #231 on: Sat, 28 September 2013, 05:11:28 »

OSX is for kids.

Same with OS X - if you have compatible hardware (and Apple only officially support their own hardware) then it runs fine.  Look how many Hackintoshs there are around.

AND THERE AREN'T TOO MANY HACKINTOSHES EITHER! YOU KNOW WHY? BECAUSE MAC OS X IS SO PATHETIC THAT NOBODY WOULD WANT TO RUIN THEIR GOOD PC WITH IT ANYWAYS.

Offline cactux

• Topre Knight
« Reply #232 on: Sat, 28 September 2013, 06:05:03 »
The reason why is because osx does not support as many peripherals/devices as windows and it will require a large effort to port them.

OSX is for kids.

AND THERE AREN'T TOO MANY HACKINTOSHES EITHER! YOU KNOW WHY? BECAUSE MAC OS X IS SO PATHETIC THAT NOBODY WOULD WANT TO RUIN THEIR GOOD PC WITH IT ANYWAYS.
[FS]☠ The temple lol ->HERE<-

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #233 on: Sat, 28 September 2013, 18:32:15 »
The reason why is because osx does not support as many peripherals/devices as windows and it will require a large effort to port them.

OSX is for kids.

MAC OS X IS ALSO DESIGNED TO WORK WITH CRAPPY PERIPHERALS THAT WERE DESIGNED BY IDIOTS (APPLE'S POINTING DEVICES COME TO MIND). THAT'S WHY IT HAS SO MUCH TROUBLE WITH DECENT PERIPHERAL SUPPORT.

Offline Thimplum

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Master of all Ponies
« Reply #234 on: Mon, 30 September 2013, 08:38:09 »

OSX is for kids.

MAC OS X IS ALSO DESIGNED TO WORK WITH CRAPPY PERIPHERALS THAT WERE DESIGNED BY IDIOTS (APPLE'S POINTING DEVICES COME TO MIND). THAT'S WHY IT HAS SO MUCH TROUBLE WITH DECENT PERIPHERAL SUPPORT.

Y U NO LIKE TOUCH GESTURES?
TP4 FOR ADMIN 2013

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #235 on: Mon, 30 September 2013, 09:32:50 »

OSX is for kids.

BECAUSE MACS ARE STUPID.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #236 on: Mon, 30 September 2013, 16:25:13 »

OSX is for kids.

BECAUSE MACS ARE STUPID.

THE SAME THING MAKES SENSE FOR LATEST MS WINDOWS.

BTW I've dealt with networking issues on a friend's laptop today... again. MS Windows' GUI is abysmal—and solving some obscure problems nearly impossible, because there simply isn't enough information. The best way to go about it is actually to reboot to GNU/Linux. It's still PITA at times, but at least you can debug stuff, file bugs and kick developers in the face (or buy them a beer ^-^).

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #237 on: Mon, 30 September 2013, 16:29:10 »

OSX is for kids.

BECAUSE MACS ARE STUPID.

THE SAME THING MAKES SENSE FOR LATEST MS WINDOWS.

BTW I've dealt with networking issues on a friend's laptop today... again. MS Windows' GUI is abysmal—and solving some obscure problems nearly impossible, because there simply isn't enough information. The best way to go about it is actually to reboot to GNU/Linux. It's still PITA at times, but at least you can debug stuff, file bugs and kick developers in the face (or buy them a beer ^-^).

MACS GO TO JUPITER TO GET MORE STUPIDER
WINDOWS GO TO MARS TO GET CANDY BARS

OH WAIT...I THOUGHT MACS COULDN'T GET ANY STUPIDER THAN THEY ARE ALREADY?

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #238 on: Tue, 29 October 2013, 18:37:07 »
Windows, Mac, and Linux. Which do I have a Mech for though ATM.. Windows! :)

Offline tufty

« Reply #239 on: Wed, 30 October 2013, 02:20:41 »
It's merely a troll, as you have guessed.  "Plonk" it.

Offline BakaPhoenix

« Reply #240 on: Wed, 30 October 2013, 05:28:48 »

OSX is for kids.

So is thanks to fanboy like you that thunderbolt is not around :S
Now i know who hate if there isen't thunderbolt everywhere :(

Offline iri

« Reply #241 on: Wed, 30 October 2013, 08:41:43 »
on topic: neither.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #242 on: Wed, 30 October 2013, 09:08:36 »
I use Mac, Linux and Windows. They each have their good points.

I spend most time in Windows, though, because..... GAMES!

Yeah, Minesweeper and Freecell, baby! Or is that Minecraft and Splinter Cell? Oh well..

I still think there is room in the market for one more OS. Designed around responsiveness for gaming, with Windows binary compatibility, Linux security and MacOS style app configuration (app self contained in folder, no registry).
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #243 on: Wed, 30 October 2013, 10:55:39 »
I use Mac, Linux and Windows. They each have their good points.

I spend most time in Windows, though, because..... GAMES!

Yeah, Minesweeper and Freecell, baby! Or is that Minecraft and Splinter Cell? Oh well..

I still think there is room in the market for one more OS. Designed around responsiveness for gaming, with Windows binary compatibility, Linux security and MacOS style app configuration (app self contained in folder, no registry).

haha Minesweeper!!  :thumb: :thumb:

Offline kolonelkadat

• Force Project X
« Reply #244 on: Wed, 30 October 2013, 15:01:36 »
windows at home. linux at work.

Why anyone would use a mac for anything is beyond me. All macs are now is intel chips of yesteryear put in a minimalist case to ensure that the human interface is as crippled as possible.
"Obviously, windows are central to Windows. But what is a window?"

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #245 on: Wed, 30 October 2013, 16:05:55 »

Why anyone would use a mac for anything is beyond me. All macs are now is intel chips of yesteryear put in a minimalist case to ensure that the human interface is as crippled as possible.

Well said!

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #246 on: Wed, 30 October 2013, 22:58:11 »

Yea I hate that most design firms use them because I prefer windows or Ubuntu

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #247 on: Thu, 31 October 2013, 08:17:01 »
I hate most design firms because they use Adobe software as well. Adobe needs to die!

Offline angelic_sedition

« Reply #248 on: Fri, 01 November 2013, 11:02:34 »
Agreed. Microsoft paint is a much better program than photoshop.

I used OSX exclusively for a few years, and I am pleased to say that the nightmare is over :D Well it wasn't that bad, but I much prefer linux and windows, and when it comes to portability of programs... well good thing I never really encounter macs anyway. I will say this about apple though: my family's imac suffered a hard drive failure. This was a known issue for the model. It was under warranty, and Apple replaced it with another one that was known to have the same issue. The hard drive failed again. Thank you Apple.

I also hate the dock.. what a waste of space. The first thing I would do if I was on OSX would be to nuke it.
QWERTY(104wpm) -> CarpalxQ(modded) -> Colemak(118wpm) -> Colemak-DH
Mouse less.