Author Topic: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)  (Read 4198067 times)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
Re: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)
« Reply #30200 on: Wed, 03 January 2024, 16:41:49 »
Some days I am in actual wonder how my sinuses can produce such a volume of mucus so quickly.
I'm literally having to blow my nose clear every 2 minutes, it is insane and totally unnecessary.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #30201 on: Wed, 03 January 2024, 17:26:39 »
Some days I am in actual wonder how my sinuses can produce such a volume of mucus so quickly.
I'm literally having to blow my nose clear every 2 minutes, it is insane and totally unnecessary.

It's your body reacting to foreign proteins which shouldn't be there, a constant pace of inflammation/immune response.  Animal food products.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #30202 on: Thu, 04 January 2024, 02:49:28 »
Man, I pay for Prime and even w/o Video I still feel like it's worth just cause the free shipping on all my dumb consumer ****. But one thing I can't stand is how my Amazon Video is always in some bunk ass ****ty 720p quality. ****ING ALWAYS! I let it sit, it doesn't matter, every other site is running in HD no probs, but Amazon always runs in trash garbage quality for like the first 10 minutes of anything I watch. It is so ****ing annoying, and I cannot find a fix, even though it autamatically defaults to Best quality and my connection is strong, it always looks like someone smeared Vasaline on my screen for the first 10mins of anything.

With your billions and billions of $$$ and me choosing to pay you more when I can barely afford food - fix your ****ing **** Amazon! God Damn! Straight embarrassing a company with those resources can't run a streaming service correctly.
« Last Edit: Thu, 04 January 2024, 02:50:59 by noisyturtle »

Offline mohawk1367

• Typing on: HHKB Pro Hybrid Type-S
« Reply #30203 on: Thu, 04 January 2024, 06:40:35 »
Man, I pay for Prime and even w/o Video I still feel like it's worth just cause the free shipping on all my dumb consumer ****. But one thing I can't stand is how my Amazon Video is always in some bunk ass ****ty 720p quality. ****ING ALWAYS! I let it sit, it doesn't matter, every other site is running in HD no probs, but Amazon always runs in trash garbage quality for like the first 10 minutes of anything I watch. It is so ****ing annoying, and I cannot find a fix, even though it autamatically defaults to Best quality and my connection is strong, it always looks like someone smeared Vasaline on my screen for the first 10mins of anything.

With your billions and billions of $$$ and me choosing to pay you more when I can barely afford food - fix your ****ing **** Amazon! God Damn! Straight embarrassing a company with those resources can't run a streaming service correctly.

idk mine doesnt do this i dont think lol
someone needs to make an aussie keyboard community called QMƎɹ┴⅄. get it? haha :D

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #30205 on: Tue, 09 January 2024, 16:06:08 »
Using public transit today. There's no way to avoid mass spreading in modern systems. It's just impossible. We have to end animal agriculture immediately

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #30206 on: Wed, 10 January 2024, 04:00:08 »
Using public transit today. There's no way to avoid mass spreading in modern systems. It's just impossible. We have to end animal agriculture immediately

Yep, I agree with you TP, it is time.
I watched that netflix program, "You are what you eat" or something like that. It shows again all the issues we have.
I was so pissed after watching it, as I dont understand why governments cannot stop animal agriculture, we dont need all those animals slaughtered just to waste all that meat, all those issue this whole thing creates, imagine all those amazon woods being saved, not cut out for more animal pastures, all those crops for animals, not for humans... total waste and disgust I say. Fish farming, chickens.. jeeeeeez....
I was so agry after watching it.
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #30207 on: Wed, 10 January 2024, 08:07:55 »

Yep, I agree with you TP, it is time.
I watched that netflix program, "You are what you eat" or something like that. It shows again all the issues we have.
I was so pissed after watching it, as I dont understand why governments cannot stop animal agriculture, we dont need all those animals slaughtered just to waste all that meat, all those issue this whole thing creates, imagine all those amazon woods being saved, not cut out for more animal pastures, all those crops for animals, not for humans... total waste and disgust I say. Fish farming, chickens.. jeeeeeez....
I was so agry after watching it.

Exactly right phinix.  Animal agriculture uses 43% of all dry surface land (grazing + feed crop, IPCC numbers) (not counting ice). That is 3 Trillion trees and its soil worth of CARBON STORAGE. 12% of americans eat over 50% of the meat eaten by all americans.

If we literally ate the rich,  the world would be better for it.

Nature already has the technology to affix carbon.  But the idiocy and scientific illiteracy of our government pursues idiotic ideas like carbon capture.

This is not a problem capitalism can fix,  if society much prefers social classes, segregation and wealth Theft, FINE, we should go back to a monarchy, and just keep beheading monarchs until we get one that works on climate change.

THE END OF MEDICINE
, is a must watch documentary on the subject of antibiotic resistant bacteria/diseases as the result of animal agriculture.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #30209 on: Wed, 24 January 2024, 16:18:02 »
I'm so effing tired of useless doctors and having to jump through hoops to get anything done.

Yesterday, I had an appointment for a rectoscopy. The doctor had not read properly in my journal about which surgery I had been through, and was not prepared, so she had to pull out and I'm going to get a new appointment. Sometime whenever. They'll mail me next week possibly. And I'm probably going to be appointed the one doctor I don't want that I know is an idiot (who was supposed to help me diagnose my cancer but didn't), so I'd have to cancel that one the moment I have got it and it is probably going to be scheduled a month or two from now when I don't have time.

A month ago, I called and left a message at the desk at my cancer doctor's office (because of course you can never call directly) to ask for an appointment because I wanted to meet him or someone that could show on me which vertebrae that I had had cancer in. My previous doctor had never even looked at my back, only at my X-ray, and I have back pain and want to know if they are related, and what I can do myself. Of course they had to misunderstand that.
Instead I got an appointment with a psyiotherapist, and the message "of course you can go to a chiropractor if you want but we don't have any at the hospital because those are not doctors". So I called them and left another message telling again what I wanted. And then I got a text message that a doctor is going to call me tomorrow, which is when I have physiotherapy... Idiots!

I don't want to be disappointed and angry all the time. It is zapping my energy ...
« Last Edit: Wed, 24 January 2024, 16:25:37 by Findecanor »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #30210 on: Wed, 24 January 2024, 19:56:38 »
I'm so effing tired of useless doctors and having to jump through hoops to get anything done.

It is in the nature of capitalism to treat neither the symptoms nor the disease while extracting the maximum amount of money from you as you suffer and die.

Offline phinix

« Reply #30211 on: Thu, 25 January 2024, 02:41:45 »
Its driving me insane - I cannot find individual lasagne dish! I tried so many times to find it on internet and can't find right size.
The size you get single piece in restaurants, not those small ones you only get when googling it...
It needs to be around 20x10cm. All I'm finding is either big lasagne tray or those mini ones for Smurfs...
« Last Edit: Thu, 25 January 2024, 03:17:08 by phinix »
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #30212 on: Thu, 25 January 2024, 04:10:24 »
Its driving me insane - I cannot find individual lasagne dish! I tried so many times to find it on internet and can't find right size.
The size you get single piece in restaurants, not those small ones you only get when googling it...
It needs to be around 20x10cm. All I'm finding is either big lasagne tray or those mini ones for Smurfs...

Might be cuz lasagne requires a critical mass to achieve the right flavor profile.

Similar to cooking rice, if you cook a very small portion, it's not very flavorful out of the pot.

Offline phinix

« Reply #30213 on: Thu, 25 January 2024, 04:49:59 »

Might be cuz lasagne requires a critical mass to achieve the right flavor profile.

Similar to cooking rice, if you cook a very small portion, it's not very flavorful out of the pot.

Could be, I always make lasagne in big dish, but wanted to use small, individual portions dishes for guests - when cooked in big dish and cut to portions for my family, it always falls apart a bit when put on separate plates, so wanted it to look nice. I know lasagne can be a bit runny, but thought it would look nice in small dish, like they serve in restaurants... Oooooooh, maybe I'm trying to hard :-\

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #30214 on: Sun, 28 January 2024, 06:19:09 »
Speaker stands are ridiculously overpriced. For what they're asking, you might as well buy tower speakers instead.

Offline phinix

« Reply #30215 on: Sun, 28 January 2024, 06:21:33 »
Speaker stands are ridiculously overpriced. For what they're asking, you might as well buy tower speakers instead.

I've noticed that some time ago, when was buying my sweet little Ruarks.
I don't know what is main purpose of those - reducing vibrations?
Anyway, saw many people making their own stands instead of buying ones.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #30216 on: Sun, 28 January 2024, 06:28:53 »

What I don't understand is who's buying them at that price ?

Most aren't height adjustable either, can't even aim the speaker right.

Offline phinix

« Reply #30217 on: Sun, 28 January 2024, 11:20:17 »

Yeah, same here. Maybe they produce them for those self called "audiophiles" who spend $10k on their speakers, then buy those crazy expensive stands cause "it is necessity"! ;)
I don't think that those who have huge konwledge about audio and really appreciate highest quality sound, would buy those. I might be wrong of course...
« Last Edit: Sun, 28 January 2024, 11:22:17 by phinix »

Offline Rhienfo

• Why is everything I want here so expensive :(
« Reply #30218 on: Sun, 28 January 2024, 17:42:37 »

people who don't know any better. Like a lot of audiophile stuff is marked up heavily cause they can get away with it. And companies sell the most random snake oil products that probably won't have an affect on the sound quality.
fjell | hhkb bt

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #30219 on: Sun, 28 January 2024, 17:56:45 »
people who don't know any better. Like a lot of audiophile stuff is marked up heavily cause they can get away with it. And companies sell the most random snake oil products that probably won't have an affect on the sound quality.

Admit it, you've bought spikes.

Offline Rhienfo

• Why is everything I want here so expensive :(
« Reply #30220 on: Sun, 28 January 2024, 23:58:04 »

Admit it, you've bought spikes.

I'm not really into audio stuff lol, I just see the high prices of some headphones/audio equipment and just nope out immediately. Plus watch some videos about audio, can be interesting.
fjell | hhkb bt

Offline mohawk1367

« Reply #30221 on: Mon, 29 January 2024, 06:40:44 »

i have hd560s and a dac amp and i dont feel like i need to upgrade any further
someone needs to make an aussie keyboard community called QMƎɹ┴⅄. get it? haha :D

Offline TomahawkLabs

« Reply #30222 on: Mon, 29 January 2024, 13:56:24 »
Bookshelf speakers are often oddly shaped and have big footprints to where a custom stand can make sense as it matches the aesthetic and securely mounts the speaker. Additionally if you bump your 10lb speaker off an unsecured stand and onto the ground you would be sad, but for the price of a stand + speaker, getting the tower speaker is often the "smarter choice".

I used to be in that world and a lot of audio "upsells" are where companies make their money. Sure there is profit in the 5000+ amplifiers and 10k speakers, but the real money is charging labor to "set up" the system in the home and "oh we need new speaker wire", but only stock Audioquest and pricier so even a basic set of RCAs are a hundred bucks. But because they don't have alternative options you pay for these overpriced cables (not all places do this). But you can't have your wire laying on the floor, as that looks "bad", so here is a $500 set of stands to raise the wire to look nice and we will say it sounds better too. Similar to luxury cars. Sure the base model 911 is only 114k, but after you pick the color you want, swap the wheels/tires, change the interior, this tech package, etc you're in for 160k. Even cars are that way.

A bit on irony in the audio world is how poorly the rooms are set up from an acoustic perspective. 99% of audio setups are in the main living room/listening space with no room treatments, giant windows, etc. I have been to exactly one home where the owner built out an acoustically specific room for his audio. The wall behind the speakers was a half circle to stop any flat, rear reflections, every wall had some form of acoustic absorption panel, thick carpet, etc. That room also had $100,000+ worth of renovations and equipment in it, but damn did it sound amazing (McIntosh hardware + Focal Scala Uptopia speakers).
Always looking for Alps SKCM/SKCL switches. Feel free to DM.
AMD 5600x | RTX3080 | 2x 1TB NVME + 4x 4TB HDD | B550M Pro-P | 32GB RAM | RM850x | Node 804 | Schiit Modius/Magnius + Audeze LCD-2 | Dell S3422DWG
GMMK 1 Full Size Barebones | Zealio 67g ; Apple M3501 handwired | Alps SKCM Damped Cream
SA: Camping

Offline mohawk1367

« Reply #30223 on: Wed, 31 January 2024, 10:06:24 »
How do you make yourself seem more approachable to others? I've been told by some of my friends that they thought I looked mean (I don't know how. I'm not at all intimidating in appearance) when they first met me and that's not ideal for trying to meet new people.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #30224 on: Wed, 31 January 2024, 11:31:35 »

How do you make yourself seem more approachable to others?

(1) Smile
(2) Refrain from criticizing
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline mohawk1367

« Reply #30225 on: Wed, 31 January 2024, 13:13:06 »

(1) Smile

but like how do i smile without looking weird??? I'm not gonna just walk around with a grin on my face and look like I'm from that horror movie Smile

Offline TomahawkLabs

« Reply #30226 on: Wed, 31 January 2024, 13:49:38 »

(1) Smile

but like how do i smile without looking weird??? I'm not gonna just walk around with a grin on my face and look like I'm from that horror movie Smile

Sounds like you have been diagnosed with "Resting ***** Face" or RBF. It's a terminal illness sadly. Jokes aside, some people just don't have a resting smile and forcing a smile is often worse than your resting face. Being in the midwest, we all agree that a quick, toothless smile is enough. If you want to seem more approachable, I would argue you need to make the first move in saying "Hey, <person name>" or waving to an acquaintance who isn't a "friend". A majority of my social skills come from "masking" at my day job.

I am a heavy introvert/homebody. My career is customer service in the IT field so my job is be a friendly/approachable resource as IT tends to attract those with less social skills. So for the last 10+ years I have learned how to emulate what society thinks "Bubbly" and "Approachable" should be. But once 5PM hits I am headed home to put on my comfy pants and not talk to anyone who isn't my family.

The main takeaway is once you get your foot in the door and people will pick up on who you are and won't be offput by any kind of RBF you may have. The hard part is getting your foot in the door. Given that you already have at least one friend, having your friend include you in their wider friend group or accompany you to a social event (even a bar if you are of age) will allow you more opportunity to practice those social skills and get people more familiar with you as a person while skipping the approachability once your friend introduces you. Good luck.

AMD 5600x | RTX3080 | 2x 1TB NVME + 4x 4TB HDD | B550M Pro-P | 32GB RAM | RM850x | Node 804 | Schiit Modius/Magnius + Audeze LCD-2 | Dell S3422DWG
GMMK 1 Full Size Barebones | Zealio 67g ; Apple M3501 handwired | Alps SKCM Damped Cream

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #30227 on: Wed, 31 January 2024, 14:15:19 »

people will pick up on who you are

It only takes a slight gesture of civility, looking someone in the eyes and lifting the corners of the mouth and eyebrows by mere millimeters is often enough.

"Please" and "Thank You" go a long way, along with "Hey thanks!" or "Hey, good job on that .... "

We are creatures conditioned to recognize micro-pleasantries as well as micro-aggressions.

Offline mohawk1367

« Reply #30228 on: Thu, 01 February 2024, 06:38:58 »

(1) Smile

Sounds like you have been diagnosed with "Resting ***** Face" or RBF. It's a terminal illness sadly. Jokes aside, some people just don't have a resting smile and forcing a smile is often worse than your resting face. Being in the midwest, we all agree that a quick, toothless smile is enough. If you want to seem more approachable, I would argue you need to make the first move in saying "Hey, <person name>" or waving to an acquaintance who isn't a "friend". A majority of my social skills come from "masking" at my day job.

I am a heavy introvert/homebody. My career is customer service in the IT field so my job is be a friendly/approachable resource as IT tends to attract those with less social skills. So for the last 10+ years I have learned how to emulate what society thinks "Bubbly" and "Approachable" should be. But once 5PM hits I am headed home to put on my comfy pants and not talk to anyone who isn't my family.

The main takeaway is once you get your foot in the door and people will pick up on who you are and won't be offput by any kind of RBF you may have. The hard part is getting your foot in the door. Given that you already have at least one friend, having your friend include you in their wider friend group or accompany you to a social event (even a bar if you are of age) will allow you more opportunity to practice those social skills and get people more familiar with you as a person while skipping the approachability once your friend introduces you. Good luck.

HAHA you sound like my father. he hates social interaction and is pretty intimidating but at work i hear his coworkers talking about how friendly and approachable he is. he pretty much changes into a different person when it comes to working

and yeah you're on point about the RBF thing :( i have trouble smiling for photos too, i just cant smile if there's nothing for me to LEGItIMATELY smile about. when i had my senior photos taken the poor lady was telling me stories trying to make me laugh
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 February 2024, 06:41:15 by mohawk1367 »

Offline mohawk1367

« Reply #30229 on: Thu, 01 February 2024, 08:31:12 »
why do i gotta be in school for homeroom to sit around and do nothing for 20 something mins when i could sleep in

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #30230 on: Thu, 01 February 2024, 08:54:26 »
why do i gotta be in school for homeroom to sit around and do nothing for 20 something mins when i could sleep in

Buffer.  Can you imagine being a 1st period teacher without a homeroom prior?  You would lose 1/4 of the class almost every day because of late arrivers and announcements.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 February 2024, 09:05:32 by pixelpusher »

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #30231 on: Wed, 21 February 2024, 21:39:25 »
People referring to cats as cars is the same level of ****post cringe as saying pupper and doggo  :mad:

Offline mohawk1367

« Reply #30232 on: Mon, 26 February 2024, 07:41:57 »
People referring to cats as cars is the same level of ****post cringe as saying pupper and doggo  :mad:
it became a niche meme since keyboards have existed. you would giggle when someone accidentally said "cars" instead of cats in a forum. now everyone on TikTok thinks they are a comedian when they say "what a cute car" on every video of a feline its the worst **** ever

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #30233 on: Sun, 03 March 2024, 22:25:40 »
I am surprised how deeply and genuinely I regret purchasing the worst tacos I have eaten in my entire life from a place called Rusty's Tacos in the DCA airport a few days ago. I didn't get sick, not even the runs, but the sheer quality of the food is what did me in.

$18.95
That was the price for two 'tacos', and I can only use this term in the very loosest of meanings for the absolute mess that was handed to me by the albeit quite cute, but much to young for me, cashier. In any other realm these tacos by measure would be considered mini tacos, but for just two, $18.85. Barely larger than the width of my palm.

On first appearance they look like something one would have fished out of a waterlogged dumpster. Like an over-steamed bao bun, or a pair of small soggy diapers, leaking some brown substance unidentifiable by smell or sight which I believe was supposed to pass for steak. No veggies to speak of, save for a single withered slice of red pepper that disintegrated to mush when I lightly prodded it with my index finger.

The taste was pathetic, verging on barely edible. The texture was like refried beans that had been mixed with sand, wrapped in a wet paper towel.
It was a shameful meal. I looked around at the other customers. All were sitting in silence, no doubt suffering alongside myself. The people in line seemed so happy, optimistic with naivete at the potential of their delicious taco lunch. The people eating in the sitting area, a grey mass of hunched silent suffering and downcast glances. Not looking up, not wanting to admit to the clear mistake they had made for lunch. Some of them tipped.

This was the worst meal I have had in recent memory, easily. I know it's airport food, but goddamn! The food's not trapped in there with you, you are trapped in there with it.

$18.95 DUDE
, and I didn't even get a drink!

« Last Edit: Sun, 03 March 2024, 22:28:17 by noisyturtle »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #30234 on: Tue, 05 March 2024, 11:17:27 »
So, Tp4 were too lazy to paint the back wall black, to mitigate reflection, just strung up a large black table cloth, works really well,  but on a conference call, first comment, Tp4, did you join alqaeda ?

Offline sarahn27

• Null Design Co
« Reply #30235 on: Tue, 05 March 2024, 12:45:32 »
I'm bothered I have to be at work rn instead of getting to work on my new bakeneko build

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #30236 on: Tue, 05 March 2024, 13:37:35 »
Bough mouse pad, were supposed to be 1500mmx800mm,  Only measures 1470mmx800mm.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #30237 on: Tue, 05 March 2024, 14:34:31 »

were supposed to be

Don't even think about worrying about that when buying lumber.

The 1x2 I bought the other day actually contained less than half its nominal volume, it was almost exactly 5/8" by something almost, but not quite 1-1/2"

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #30238 on: Tue, 05 March 2024, 22:26:51 »
I am surprised how deeply and genuinely I regret purchasing the worst tacos I have eaten in my entire life from a place called Rusty's Tacos in the DCA airport a few days ago. I didn't get sick, not even the runs, but the sheer quality of the food is what did me in.

$18.95
That was the price for two 'tacos', and I can only use this term in the very loosest of meanings for the absolute mess that was handed to me by the albeit quite cute, but much to young for me, cashier. In any other realm these tacos by measure would be considered mini tacos, but for just two, $18.85. Barely larger than the width of my palm.

On first appearance they look like something one would have fished out of a waterlogged dumpster. Like an over-steamed bao bun, or a pair of small soggy diapers, leaking some brown substance unidentifiable by smell or sight which I believe was supposed to pass for steak. No veggies to speak of, save for a single withered slice of red pepper that disintegrated to mush when I lightly prodded it with my index finger.

The taste was pathetic, verging on barely edible. The texture was like refried beans that had been mixed with sand, wrapped in a wet paper towel.
It was a shameful meal. I looked around at the other customers. All were sitting in silence, no doubt suffering alongside myself. The people in line seemed so happy, optimistic with naivete at the potential of their delicious taco lunch. The people eating in the sitting area, a grey mass of hunched silent suffering and downcast glances. Not looking up, not wanting to admit to the clear mistake they had made for lunch. Some of them tipped.

This was the worst meal I have had in recent memory, easily. I know it's airport food, but goddamn! The food's not trapped in there with you, you are trapped in there with it.

$18.95 DUDE
, and I didn't even get a drink!
Not to hardship upper but I actually ate a delicious 5 star dinner based on tacos. There was a duck taco, a lobster taco, a shrimp taco, and a filet mingon taco and apparently this restaurant has 4 stars on CAA

Offline mohawk1367

« Reply #30239 on: Wed, 06 March 2024, 10:04:29 »
the fact that bullfighting/running of the bulls is still a thing??? like how and why? I saw a video of a bull jumping from a terracotta roof and then when it landed it broke its spine under the weight of its own body and was dragging its back legs all the while some idiots in the background were celebrating and cheering. it didn't even look like it understood what happened. Why TF is this still legal and why do people attend it?

Offline TomahawkLabs

« Reply #30240 on: Wed, 06 March 2024, 10:33:30 »
the fact that bullfighting/running of the bulls is still a thing??? like how and why? I saw a video of a bull jumping from a terracotta roof and then when it landed it broke its spine under the weight of its own body and was dragging its back legs all the while some idiots in the background were celebrating and cheering. it didn't even look like it understood what happened. Why TF is this still legal and why do people attend it?

Because people will use things like Culture/History/Religion to justify their barbaric and archaic ideals.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #30241 on: Wed, 06 March 2024, 11:43:19 »

is this still legal

In many states, especially in the South, cock-fighting is technically illegal but still happens regularly and is only a misdemeanor.
In Alabama the fine is $50.
Dog fighting is possibly more common and generally similar in penalties.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #30242 on: Wed, 06 March 2024, 16:07:45 »
Behold! This shameful mousepad produced in a country whose peoples' are allegedly gud' @ math.

Managed to stretch it out by ~1cm from box but no further. 

306438-0
306440-1
306436-2

Offline whitey1600

« Reply #30243 on: Wed, 06 March 2024, 16:27:53 »
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=18048.0

I would like some help in trying to acquire a Bud/Honeywell Hall Effect Keypad in the post above. ANY and ALL help appreciated!

Offline mohawk1367

« Reply #30244 on: Thu, 07 March 2024, 06:42:00 »
Behold! This shameful mousepad produced in a country whose peoples' are allegedly gud' @ math.

Show Image

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
good at math to scam the customer  ;D

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #30245 on: Thu, 07 March 2024, 08:30:39 »

Show Image

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
good at math to scam the customer  ;D

They got the 800mm part exactly right on the dot. It's inconceivable that they couldn't get the 1500 right unless it was deliberate sabotage. Tp4 should demand a 1.47% refund.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #30246 on: Fri, 08 March 2024, 14:43:58 »
RIP Akira Toriyama did not expect that news today, or anytime soon

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #30247 on: Fri, 08 March 2024, 18:20:36 »
Ate 5 big oranges, Tp4's got a headache, googling orange poisoning.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #30248 on: Fri, 08 March 2024, 19:23:59 »
5 is a lot. I much prefer grapefruit, and only ever eat 1 at a time, but have you tried  dekopon  oranges (aka "sumo")?

They are exceptionally good and easy to peel, but unfortunately rather pricey.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #30249 on: Fri, 08 March 2024, 19:48:15 »
5 is a lot. I much prefer grapefruit, and only ever eat 1 at a time, but have you tried  dekopon  oranges (aka "sumo")?

They are exceptionally good and easy to peel, but unfortunately rather pricey.

sumos aren't technically oranges, just a citrus

IF you can find them, kishu kishu oranges have the most taste I've ever expierwenced in an orange. plus they are bite size, so you can eat 10 no problem.