Author Topic: What are you watching? The thread about what you're watching.  (Read 387779 times)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
Re: What are you watching? The thread about what you're watching.
« Reply #1300 on: Sun, 03 April 2022, 00:18:19 »

Why? You don't like her?

what... who dn' like Gadot ?

I've heard she's also super nice in person, also military trained. She got it all!

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #1301 on: Sun, 03 April 2022, 00:36:32 »
Some actors make the effort to be super-nice in person because they understand that their public persona is a brand that they have to keep up. Every negative experience someone has with a celeb could go on the Internet immediately.

I found Death on the Nile to be artificial and boring. I enjoyed Murder on the Orient Express more, but the character Poirot has always rubbed me the wrong way. He (and Branagh too to a degree, BTW) is a bit too full of himself.
« Last Edit: Sun, 03 April 2022, 00:51:38 by Findecanor »

Offline iri

« Reply #1302 on: Sun, 03 April 2022, 11:47:52 »
Children Of Men was really nice!
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #1304 on: Mon, 04 April 2022, 03:16:52 »

LIES..... this movie was soooo boring.

+1
Boring movie. I like Clive, but it wasn't his best.
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline phinix

« Reply #1305 on: Mon, 04 April 2022, 03:18:38 »
OK, so watched Death on the Nile last night - I loved the scenery, shots, story, all nice.
It wasn't as good as Orient Express, but it was fine piece of cinematography.
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline iri

(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1307 on: Mon, 04 April 2022, 09:31:39 »
It was meh.
I felt like they put far too much emphases on pointlessly long takes simply so they could say they did.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #1308 on: Mon, 04 April 2022, 15:52:16 »
OK, so watched Death on the Nile last night - I loved the scenery, shots, story, all nice.

Tp4 also prefer trains to boats.

Offline phinix

« Reply #1309 on: Tue, 05 April 2022, 02:47:54 »

Tp4 also prefer trains to boats.

phinix also prefer snow to sand :D

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #1311 on: Tue, 05 April 2022, 07:00:23 »
I'll be one of those who agree with you then.
I enjoyed the movie, felt like it dragged a little in the middle(nothing that took away from the movie tho), but overall a great watch.

Offline iri

« Reply #1312 on: Wed, 06 April 2022, 04:07:24 »
I felt like it dragged a little after they cross the border. It wasn't too bad though.

I am watching a cat playing with a mouse in my garden.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #1313 on: Thu, 07 April 2022, 09:55:09 »
Moon Knight Episode 2 wasn't that bad but i do not like the idea of them combining the four into one, plus omitting the third personality (Jake Lockley)

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #1314 on: Fri, 08 April 2022, 21:16:51 »
Hey guys i just watched sonic 2 and it was really cool. Too many minors but i got a cool poster

Offline phinix

« Reply #1315 on: Sat, 09 April 2022, 10:10:07 »
Severance - so far its interesting, I'm at episode 4.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #1316 on: Sun, 10 April 2022, 20:39:49 »
My ASD self was really obsessing about everything everywhere all at once and i finally got to watch it and it was great

Offline s8erdude

« Reply #1318 on: Thu, 14 April 2022, 10:52:38 »
Been watching Ultimatum - very binge-able

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #1319 on: Thu, 14 April 2022, 12:22:27 »
Halo is really gud'  don't listen to the h8ers.

That Halo series has been amazing IMO, non-true Halo fans are the haters.  Can't wait to watch the new episode from today - loaded it into the media server at 6am EST this morning.

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1320 on: Thu, 14 April 2022, 16:26:55 »
That Halo series has been amazing IMO, non-true Halo fans are the haters.  Can't wait to watch the new episode from today - loaded it into the media server at 6am EST this morning.

It's very different from the books. yes Tp4 read halo books. /turns

Subwoofer's getting a workout, every step masterchief takes it goes whoomp. hahaha

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1321 on: Thu, 14 April 2022, 17:12:36 »
headscartch,, what's up with this huge wave of Philippines exploitation films, they're making so many so fast.  Did something happen over there ?

Offline phinix

« Reply #1322 on: Thu, 14 April 2022, 18:16:29 »
Sophie's choice.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1323 on: Thu, 14 April 2022, 20:25:16 »
Sinkhole,  it's oooookk... all these korean peeps recommended it.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1324 on: Fri, 15 April 2022, 00:23:15 »

It's very different from the books. yes Tp4 read halo books. /turns

Subwoofer's getting a workout, every step masterchief takes it goes whoomp. hahaha

I heard that District 9 was initially supposed to be the Halo movie

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1325 on: Fri, 15 April 2022, 07:19:02 »
I heard that District 9 was initially supposed to be the Halo movie

But the premise was completely different.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1326 on: Mon, 18 April 2022, 09:42:20 »
THe rescue 2021,   the thailand cave flooding documentary. pretty gud.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1327 on: Mon, 18 April 2022, 18:46:09 »
Watched the first 3 Moon Knight episodes. It's only OK, still not really invested in it 3 episodes deep. Not really liking the main character(s) personalities, the bad guy is boring, nothing particurally interesting aside from the Egyptian God underlying plot.

Just really makes me wish there was a Shadowhawk series or something.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1328 on: Mon, 18 April 2022, 19:32:23 »
just watched, the batman,  uhmm....  not just me right ? like this was really bad ?

After the first half hour, could barely keep eyes open.. then just skipped through to some action scenes, and STILL came off disappointed.

Even the cinematography felt amateur for a big budget title.

Offline phinix

« Reply #1329 on: Tue, 19 April 2022, 03:23:16 »
Watched the first 3 Moon Knight episodes. It's only OK, still not really invested in it 3 episodes deep. Not really liking the main character(s) personalities, the bad guy is boring, nothing particurally interesting aside from the Egyptian God underlying plot.

That's exactly what I felt watching those.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1330 on: Tue, 19 April 2022, 03:27:43 »

Tp4 embarrassed to admit, didn't finish episode one..  Plan to go back when the season finishes airing.

Offline phinix

« Reply #1331 on: Tue, 19 April 2022, 04:40:00 »

Tp4 embarrassed to admit, didn't finish episode one..  Plan to go back when the season finishes airing.

yeah, that waiting for next episode for a week kills it for me to be honest.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1332 on: Tue, 19 April 2022, 22:14:07 »
Catching up on "Glow" , tv soap/drama about women wrestling.

Dialog is really good.

Snippet_  between 2 women arguing over an altercation with a sleazy Male network head.

--So you just let them do whatever they want? Not exactly a guiding feminist principle.

--Oh yea, Feminism has principles, LIFE has compromises.

Snip/

Offline phinix

« Reply #1333 on: Wed, 20 April 2022, 03:22:47 »
The Trigger Effect. One of those strange movies from 90s, but watched it till the end :)

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #1334 on: Sat, 23 April 2022, 11:13:42 »
Stranded in Space (aka The Stranger)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1335 on: Sun, 24 April 2022, 16:43:43 »
Uncharted,  it's not bad at all.  very watchable.. good action...  Plot's a little thin, but it's a video game spin off so.. par for this genre.

Filmography is eh..... pretty good considering pandemic standards.... buh.. clearly lacking in "grand scope", not alot of wide, pretty sparse on objects.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1336 on: Thu, 28 April 2022, 16:09:51 »
so halo's still real gud'   but hrrrm.... really wish the plot was a little deeper... it's a bit of a fetch quest right now, and while that'd be enough for the g4m3r,  it's difficult to sustain interest for sci_fi fans.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1337 on: Thu, 28 April 2022, 21:36:54 »
Under the Open Sky.. 

Prettttty gud'''.... yakuza goes straight movie.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #1338 on: Thu, 28 April 2022, 22:08:56 »
Gamera vs. Gaos (or Gyaos)

edit - Just watched / listened to Dan Mancina's Nine Club interview.  Holy sauerkraut, that dude is awesome.
« Last Edit: Fri, 29 April 2022, 12:05:13 by xtrafrood »

Offline phinix

« Reply #1340 on: Mon, 02 May 2022, 12:43:21 »
Finished Ozark. It was fine.

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #1342 on: Mon, 02 May 2022, 18:24:46 »

is it fully over, or they still making more.

Last I heard, this was it for the show.  I have still yet to watch it, but I am constantly told I should.

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #1343 on: Mon, 02 May 2022, 19:12:57 »
I'm watching tons of Columbo. Keeps me sane while lubing key switches.
One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen, Fourteen, Fifteen, Sixteen, Seventeen, Eighteen, Nineteen, Twenty... Yeah that seems about right.
"Ask your mother how good I can use more than two fingers." - Caesar, 2023

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1344 on: Mon, 02 May 2022, 21:06:05 »

Last I heard, this was it for the show.  I have still yet to watch it, but I am constantly told I should.

Yes, NF has been making really smart decisions lately like cancelling their highest viewed shows. Real big brain moves going on over there.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #1345 on: Tue, 03 May 2022, 10:10:38 »
    The bad guys,

very well made.

hehe the furry movie

Offline phinix

« Reply #1347 on: Tue, 03 May 2022, 10:49:38 »

Yep, fully over.
    Done. All dead.

Joking of course, not all dead:)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
    « Reply #1348 on: Tue, 10 May 2022, 10:40:27 »
    The Lost City (2022)....  Bullock, Tatum, Radcliffe

fully prepared for cringe, there's plenty of it, but the delivery was just "uncanny" enough that you don't hate it....

Kind of like dry stale bread,  it's not good, it's unpleasant,  but still edible with water.

Offline phinix

« Reply #1349 on: Tue, 10 May 2022, 10:47:53 »
    Hanover Street, with my favourite actor, Harrison Ford.
    Good movie, a bit romantic etc but still ok for dude, who likes Harrison Ford:)
    « Last Edit: Wed, 11 May 2022, 02:34:06 by phinix »