Author Topic: Having Issues With My New Sound Card  (Read 1117 times)

Offline Lethal Squirrel

• I <3 60%
Having Issues With My New Sound Card
« on: Mon, 15 October 2012, 23:27:29 »
I just got a new Asus Xonar DG sound card, and whenever I change the EQ, I get these weird volume swell type things. It seems like whenever there's bass, the volume fades with it. Like for example, it almost seems like somebody turned the volume knob down and back up every bass drum hit. When I turn the EQ to default it goes away. Does anyone with this card experience the same thing? I know its the sound card and not the headphones, because I've tested 3 pairs.

« Last Edit: Mon, 15 October 2012, 23:30:09 by Lethal Squirrel »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: Having Issues With My New Sound Card
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 16 October 2012, 00:59:03 »
I just got a new Asus Xonar DG sound card, and whenever I change the EQ, I get these weird volume swell type things. It seems like whenever there's bass, the volume fades with it. Like for example, it almost seems like somebody turned the volume knob down and back up every bass drum hit. When I turn the EQ to default it goes away. Does anyone with this card experience the same thing? I know its the sound card and not the headphones, because I've tested 3 pairs.

What did you expect, a working eq on a $20 sound card? ;D

Use a different eq.. It's a software problem through and through.

Also, in terms of price to performance, sound cards "suck"...  You way better off getting a budget Receiver or a "used" Mid-tier receiver.  The only think you need to look out for is that some cheaper receivers have high latencies which wouldn't be good for "computer-stuff" like gaming.