Author Topic: One of the Worst Commercials I've Ever Seen...  (Read 2803 times)

Offline 127001

One of the Worst Commercials I've Ever Seen...
« on: Sat, 11 January 2014, 13:10:35 »

So I get that on the surface this commercial doesn't seem that bad; it seems pretty standard really. But there is just something about this commercial that made me decide to never use this airline in 33 seconds.

The first thing that jumps out at me is just how much I dislike this pseudo-steward guy. From his very first, smug "YUM! FREE SODAS!" I decide I don't want to know this person. There is something about the way he says it and the way he's looking down on you that just pisses me off. Like, I bet this guy would be one of those people who thinks they're exempt for lines at the salad bar. All he's saying to himself is "I just need to grab some onions". ****er.

Next is the premise that soda's are what are making and breaking air travel. What?! Come on! The half a can of soda you get has not added $30 to the price of the ticket. Being on airplanes sucks; it sucks a lot. You always sit next to someone whose a planet and the stupid chairs' reclining feature is always broken. If you take away my damn soda there's just no way I'd ever make if through a flight.

Next, "It's in the price of your ticket ;)." No duh. This guy is just so much better than me and knows so much more than I do about the ins and outs of tickets prices. I guess I should really just shut up and let him explain the world to me.... I just hate him so much...

"*pssshh* Free soda. Hahaha"

:mad:

/rant

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
Re: One of the Worst Commercials I've Ever Seen...
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 11 January 2014, 13:16:33 »
You sir, sound like a crazy person.

Offline 127001

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 11 January 2014, 13:17:40 »
lol, I just hate him so much...  :p

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 11 January 2014, 13:20:01 »

He's just an actor doing his job... He's probably nothing like this random person you've created in your head that you hate so much...

Offline 127001

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 11 January 2014, 13:23:47 »

He's just an actor doing his job... He's probably nothing like this random person you've created in your head that you hate so much...

I get this. What I'm saying is that it's the character that they've present in the commercial that baffles me. The whole commercial is filmed looking up at him. It all just feels very condescending. I don't know, I just don't think it'll increase their sales...

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 11 January 2014, 13:27:24 »
Seemed fine to me... Though American advertising always seems to be slightly that way...  At least the message he presents is clear, meaningful and honest.

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 11 January 2014, 14:09:13 »
Baldgye is right, American advertising is that way with a reason as long as you remember the name in any way...
This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before.

Offline bcg

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 11 January 2014, 14:25:27 »
I think its meant to evoke an emotional response, like "wow I'm stupid if I don't use this airline"

Unfortunately this lame appeal to emotion is offensive to people who have neurons that fire in a sequence resembling logical thought

I recommend not watching television, that's my solution
:wq!

Offline kolonelkadat

• Force Project X
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 11 January 2014, 14:48:54 »
i think the ones where att portrays themselves as an adult and their customers as retarded children are far more offensive.
"Obviously, windows are central to Windows. But what is a window?"

Offline 127001

« Reply #9 on: Sat, 11 January 2014, 14:50:31 »
i think the ones where att portrays themselves as an adult and their customers as retarded children are far more offensive.

You know I never thought of it that way... WOW.

I want that guy to father my children though :P

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #10 on: Sat, 11 January 2014, 21:13:35 »
What pisses me off about all American Airlines is how freaking ugly the stewardesses are...

You go to any other country's airline..   Air Korea is the best example.. those girls are Beautiful...  Yea I know they got plastic noses, eye surgery, maybe even that crazy jaw line surgery,  but for the 10-15 hours that I'm on that plane... They brighten the experience.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #11 on: Sun, 12 January 2014, 01:51:40 »
I travel by train.

I don't dislike the guy in the commercial. There are lots of guys in commercials that I hate a whole lot more.
I find him to be a bit scary, though ... What drug is he on? It can't just be caffeinated sodas...

Offline Malphas

« Reply #12 on: Sun, 12 January 2014, 03:31:54 »
All US commercials seem to be like that to me. I would never fly with this airline however, because it seems to adopting the same business plan as European low-cost airlines like Easyjet and Ryanair which I will refuse to fly on and refuse to let my employer put me on.

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #13 on: Thu, 16 January 2014, 18:23:27 »
Seemed fine to me... Though American advertising always seems to be slightly that way...  At least the message he presents is clear, meaningful and honest.

Go with my unknown airline and save 20c on your flight tickets.
They succeed at getting my attention, but saving peanuts doesn't really feel like such a convincing sales pitch.

This ad sucks. The acting has very little to do with the fail.
In memory of smallfry 1996-2013
Boards I own, click ->
More
Ducky x2 (9008G2 Pro PBT/MX Green and Mini MX Red), Matias x2 (QP and Mini QP Dampened ALPS), Topre RealForce x4 (87U 55g/Digilog case, 103U-UW & 104UG High-Profile x2), Filco Majestouch x2 (TKL MX Blue & V2 AI 104 MX Blue), IBM-M x2 (BS & RD), Unicomp-M x5 (BS black on black x2, BS Ivory x2, QT Ultra-Classic), Deck x4 (Legend MX Black & MX Clear, Hassium & Francium w/ MX Brown), DAS III (MX Blue), KBT Pure Pro 60% (MX Red), NMB-RT8256CW+ x2 (black space invader), XArmor U9BL-S (MX Brown) given for free to someone I hate, CM X2 (Trigger/MX Green + Storm TKL/NovaTouch), TVS GOLD (MX Blue) and a many many more (NMB, DELL, MS, ATT, KeyTronic, Etc...)

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #14 on: Thu, 16 January 2014, 18:28:44 »
Try to beat this one
In memory of smallfry 1996-2013
Boards I own, click ->
More
Ducky x2 (9008G2 Pro PBT/MX Green and Mini MX Red), Matias x2 (QP and Mini QP Dampened ALPS), Topre RealForce x4 (87U 55g/Digilog case, 103U-UW & 104UG High-Profile x2), Filco Majestouch x2 (TKL MX Blue & V2 AI 104 MX Blue), IBM-M x2 (BS & RD), Unicomp-M x5 (BS black on black x2, BS Ivory x2, QT Ultra-Classic), Deck x4 (Legend MX Black & MX Clear, Hassium & Francium w/ MX Brown), DAS III (MX Blue), KBT Pure Pro 60% (MX Red), NMB-RT8256CW+ x2 (black space invader), XArmor U9BL-S (MX Brown) given for free to someone I hate, CM X2 (Trigger/MX Green + Storm TKL/NovaTouch), TVS GOLD (MX Blue) and a many many more (NMB, DELL, MS, ATT, KeyTronic, Etc...)