Author Topic: Have You Ever Fell Asleep At Work? Or Anywhere Else You Don't Normally Sleep?  (Read 3944 times)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Let's hear them stories.

I'm trying NOT to fall asleep at work right now.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

« Last Edit: Tue, 08 May 2018, 06:49:45 by SpAmRaY »

Offline fanpeople

Get tired at work sometimes. I have a sleeping bag at work because sometimes long ass road trips to visit sites etc. Get sleeping bag and lay it nicely under desk. Proceed to go to sleep. Wake up with 1000 emails. Next day inform boss not to send so many ****ing emails while I am trying to sleep.

No ****s given by anyone, if it ever becomes a problem I will just tell them that I wont work past knock off for free anymore. Have fun trying to fire me and justifying it to Fair Work.

Oh it probably helps when you work with a small group of people in a hillbilly town. Most people are probably more concerned with which cousin they wish to **** as opposed to sleepy fanpoeple.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Get tired at work sometimes. I have a sleeping bag at work because sometimes long ass road trips to visit sites etc. Get sleeping bag and lay it nicely under desk. Proceed to go to sleep. Wake up with 1000 emails. Next day inform boss not to send so many ****ing emails while I am trying to sleep.

No ****s given by anyone, if it ever becomes a problem I will just tell them that I wont work past knock off for free anymore. Have fun trying to fire me and justifying it to Fair Work.

Oh it probably helps when you work with a small group of people in a hillbilly town. Most people are probably more concerned with which cousin they wish to **** as opposed to sleepy fanpoeple.

LIES,  fanpeople uses the sleeping bag for workplace flings/ office affairs.

Offline fanpeople

LIES,  fanpeople uses the sleeping bag for workplace flings/ office affairs.

Yeah, 40-50 year old males with leather skin and smokers cough don't really do it for me.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
I think my sleep cycles all screwed up, I'm having a hard time staying awake now. But tonight I won't want to sleep.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
I think my sleep cycles all screwed up, I'm having a hard time staying awake now. But tonight I won't want to sleep.

Is spam on any stims. ?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......

Is spam on any stims. ?
Does caffeine count? That's the only one.

And lately it has only been ~10 ounces of coffee in the morning and one 16oz diet soda for the remainder of the day, otherwise drinking water.

Offline fanpeople

Is spam on any stims. ?

And lately it has only been ~10 ounces of coffee in the morning and one 16oz diet soda for the remainder of the day, otherwise drinking water.

Have you tried desk exercises like squats and ****?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......

Is spam on any stims. ?

I've tried walking up and down the stairs.

Offline fanpeople

Is spam on any stims. ?

I've tried walking up and down the stairs.

Have you tried cocaine?

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
waaaay back in college I fell asleep (with my heavy winter coat on, like a hobo) about a mile away from campus in the lobby of a coffee shop.  I miraculously kinda woke up and made it to my class on time.  I remember gaining full consciousness about 1/2 way through the uphill hike.

aah, the good old days of going 48hrs on 3 pots of coffee and no sleep b/c of sweet sweet procrastination.  And I STILL PROCRASTINATE TO THIS DAY!  Lesson fully learned, amirite?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
waaaay back in college I fell asleep (with my heavy winter coat on, like a hobo) about a mile away from campus in the lobby of a coffee shop.  I miraculously kinda woke up and made it to my class on time.  I remember gaining full consciousness about 1/2 way through the uphill hike.

aah, the good old days of going 48hrs on 3 pots of coffee and no sleep b/c of sweet sweet procrastination.  And I STILL PROCRASTINATE TO THIS DAY!  Lesson fully learned, amirite?
Procrastination isn't always bad.

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • hickneller.com
I fell asleep at work a few times in my old office, my back was facing to door so I fell asleep upright in my chair a few times, never got caught since I woke up when people came to the office door.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
I fell asleep at work a few times in my old office, my back was facing to door so I fell asleep upright in my chair a few times, never got caught since I woke up when people came to the office door.

nickheller drinks too hard on sundays.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
 I've almost dosed off holding my phone browsing geekhack.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter

Spam, it's Tuesday, what have you been up to ? hahahahaha

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......

Just can't shake the tiredness...

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter

Well, if it's getting this bad this early, u know what I'm about to say involving the V-word..

But gotta get on it soonish.. you're coming up against that wall ... 75% chance you survive, 25% chance you do not.

At least up the life insurance a bit. Since you've got all that back end.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......

Well, if it's getting this bad this early, u know what I'm about to say involving the V-word..

But gotta get on it soonish.. you're coming up against that wall ... 75% chance you survive, 25% chance you do not.

At least up the life insurance a bit. Since you've got all that back end.

Well it's  $250K regular and $500K accidental. She'll make due.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
Well it's  $250K regular and $500K accidental. She'll make due.

Well, it still depend on how much she makes after you're gone, (mental trauma reduces productivity) and if you project your progeny would enter ivy-league.

A million would give some more space and time for life to normalize.

But yea, planning for failure, forget it.. Bitcoins.. VEGAS, roll it.. !!

Offline shadowrealmwarez

I used to fall asleep in my chair with my legs on my desk at one of my jobs, and the other had actual cots for you to sleep on if you got stuck overnight and no one relieved you. My usual spot to sleep is in the shower on really early mornings, very dangerous.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
I used to fall asleep in my chair with my legs on my desk at one of my jobs, and the other had actual cots for you to sleep on if you got stuck overnight and no one relieved you. My usual spot to sleep is in the shower on really early mornings, very dangerous.

sleep in the bathtub, or while showering ?

Offline shadowrealmwarez

sleep in the bathtub, or while showering ?

Showering, I like to live dangerously .

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
My brother-in-law always falls asleep in the shower standing up.  His wife has bang on the door to wake him up almost every morning.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
 Struggling to stay awake today.

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
The custodial closet was open the other day so I peeked inside. They have a shelf about 10 feet off the ground and 5-6 feet long that would make a great place to take a nap.  :))
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
Last place I worked literally had a nap room. I didn't use it very often because whenever I did I'd wind up falling asleep for about an hour so it was to be avoided unless I couldn't keep my eyes open.

I think they are a good idea for office environments with med-large number of workers. Most people didn't abuse the space and it beats having your workers napping at their desks or in the parking lot.