Author Topic: Remember Me - PC game  (Read 3855 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Remember Me - PC game
« on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 18:55:31 »
If you're looking to stare at the well craft CGI hips of what seems to be a tan/black female for 8-10 hours, this is the game for you.  ;)

Remember me, is a 3rd person, simplified, J-rpg.

Gameplay: good enough

Graphics: Unreal 3 engine, everything is good except for the low resolution texture ported// made for console versions

Story: good enough for sci-fi beginners, lame for sci-fi masters, this is where the CGI hips come in, making it at least palatable

Character development: Idk, I think she's black, those hips don't lie, mm hmm...   :D

Offline calavera

Re: Remember Me - PC game
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 18:57:51 »
When I heard their plans for DLC's that just put me off completely. I'll probably get this when this goes on sale as a complete package or something.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 19:04:41 »
Hmn, set in Neo-Paris, tan... must be Turkish.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 19:11:16 »
Hmn, set in Neo-Paris, tan... must be Turkish.

Hmm.... could be :D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 20:47:01 »
http://www.remembermegame.com

French version of Lara Croft?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 21:03:10 »
http://www.remembermegame.com

French version of Lara Croft?

I am much more into bottom than top..

A good top says absolutely nothing, women aren't cows.

A good bottom says a WHOLE lot,  because you need good muscle mass "under" the fattie tissue to produce good "CURVES",  :D 

Which, indicates the female is motivated but not uptight about living a little. :D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 21:12:10 »
Actually, I wasn't talking about bottoms, my mind was on higher things.

Like that this is an action jumping girl-against-the-world-of-bad-guys kinda thing, like Lara Croft games.

In jeans.

With curves.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 06 June 2013, 05:29:50 »
Finished the game just now..  Main character is born from a Black mother + a White father. 

Overall, game got a bit tedious, because of the simplicity.

But I think linearity is GOOD for story telling because there's no way you'd get lost,   :D

Getting lost hurts immersion more than linearity I think.

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 06 June 2013, 05:36:19 »
What do the "rear" graphics compare to Tomb Raider?  :))

I saw the trailer ages ago and was thinking about buying it but I don't value the price; Ill wait for a Steam Sale.
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 06 June 2013, 05:53:00 »
Finished the game just now..  Main character is born from a Black mother + a White father. 

Also sounds a bit like Alyx Vance from Half-Life 2 - black father Asian mother.  Jeans and curves too :)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 06 June 2013, 05:53:54 »

Also sounds a bit like Alyx Vance from Half-Life 2 - black father Asian mother.  Jeans and curves too :)

You just gotta have that Origin-blood in there.. makes everything better..

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 06 June 2013, 05:57:19 »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 06 June 2013, 06:00:39 »
What do the "rear" graphics compare to Tomb Raider?  :))

I saw the trailer ages ago and was thinking about buying it but I don't value the price; Ill wait for a Steam Sale.

the ah, Tomb Raider game had tessellated chest, so I'd assume they implemented it for bottom as well..

But It doesn't seem "remember-me" has tessellation due to dx9

Tessellation comparison images below,

First image, tessellation ON
Second image, tessellation OFF

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 06 June 2013, 21:56:02 »
I wasn't staring - I was just admiring your tessellation ;)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 06 June 2013, 21:57:01 »
I wasn't staring - I was just admiring your tessellation ;)

Yea dude, the difference is night and day... it's like when I got glasses for the first time, and was like, holy crap..

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #15 on: Thu, 06 June 2013, 22:19:04 »
Maybe I do need glasses - they look pretty much the same to me.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 06 June 2013, 22:21:56 »
Maybe I do need glasses - they look pretty much the same to me.

direct your attention to the "left breast" her left..  where it contrasts against her arm

nuff' said.  that's worth the 15-20% gfx performance penalty all day

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #17 on: Thu, 06 June 2013, 22:25:28 »
The second pic does have a few more visible planes to it.

In the first pic both breasts seem to be marginally larger.

The eyes are looking in a different direction, and the hair is different.

Did I miss anything else or particularly relevant significance?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #18 on: Thu, 06 June 2013, 22:32:38 »
The second pic does have a few more visible planes to it.

In the first pic both breasts seem to be marginally larger.

The eyes are looking in a different direction, and the hair is different.

Did I miss anything else or particularly relevant significance?

Well the tessellation wouldn't have much affect on her face, because they already used a high polygon count for her head.

But they didn't want to use high-poly for the rest of her body, because that would be more taxing on the system than using tessellation.

Those are not identical frame captures, so yea she's looking in a different direction.

Also notice her shoulders are less blocky and more curvy

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #19 on: Thu, 06 June 2013, 22:38:07 »
The first pic actually looks better to me, the outlines are softer which gives the illusion of more curvature and there isn't that ugly sharp polygon poking out of her left breast.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #20 on: Thu, 06 June 2013, 22:38:49 »
The first pic actually looks better to me, the outlines are softer which gives the illusion of more curvature and there isn't that ugly sharp polygon poking out of her left breast.

ah yea, the first pic has the tesselation? :D

Guess I should've labeled.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #21 on: Thu, 06 June 2013, 22:39:02 »
So the differences are mainly around the breasts.

Ooookaaaayyyy..........

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #22 on: Thu, 06 June 2013, 22:41:13 »

Ooookaaaayyyy..........

Well, in "this case"  yes..

But in future games, once the average level of hardware is powerful enough to support tessellation... They could use low-poly models for the WHOLE character, and rely on tessellation to smooth it out at a lower performance penalty than using High-poly.

I'm just trying to emphasize that this isn't JUST for rendering breasts... though it is Very good for them, due to the simply geometry of the ideal breast which is primarily a semi-sphere  ;D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #23 on: Thu, 06 June 2013, 22:42:25 »
I'll have to study the differences between these two pictures a little more closely - my gaming PC is very old and unlikely to run the game anywhere near these levels of detail.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #24 on: Thu, 06 June 2013, 22:43:06 »

Ooookaaaayyyy..........

This is extremely important for umm... immersion and character development.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25 on: Thu, 06 June 2013, 22:43:11 »
I'll have to study the differences between these two pictures a little more closely - my gaming PC is very old and unlikely to run the game anywhere near these levels of detail.

List your specs

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #26 on: Thu, 06 June 2013, 22:43:53 »
Start with Pentium 4 HT 3.2GHz.

4GB RAM at least, Win XP 32bit.

Can't remember the GPU, but it has 256M RAM.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #27 on: Thu, 06 June 2013, 22:44:59 »

Ooookaaaayyyy..........

This is extremely important for umm... immersion and character development.

You say that jokingly :D, but it is actually very true..

Lets say you married your wife because she's very pretty, nothing wrong with that.

Lets say you've immersed deeply into a game, because the main character is pretty, also nothing wrong with that.

BOTH cases, their beauty increased your focus on the delivery of content. :D

Note, I'm not saying you should ignore the personality of your wife, or the other play mechanics of the game, but  Pretty female characters universally improve both experiences.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28 on: Thu, 06 June 2013, 22:47:06 »
Start with Pentium 4 HT 3.2GHz.

4GB RAM at least, Win XP 32bit.

Can't remember the GPU, but it has 256M RAM.

Oh boy... yea that's limited to Counterstrike and starcraft 1..

Have you considered a new pc?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #29 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 01:32:51 »
Most of my money goes on keyboards and keycaps.

And those other things like food, accommodation, electricity and so on.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #30 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 01:40:10 »
Most of my money goes on keyboards and keycaps.

And those other things like food, accommodation, electricity and so on.

the p4 is your only computer?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #31 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 06:25:49 »
A Mac mini is my main computer.

An Athlon 64 X3200+ was may gaming computer, but the mobo only has 3 RAM slots and DDR1 and no PCIe, but the P4 box has 4G plus PCIe.

I also have half nearly a dozen server, plus three old Macs.