Author Topic: The "does anyone else" thread  (Read 10077 times)

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
The "does anyone else" thread
« on: Thu, 16 July 2015, 22:28:58 »
Sometimes we do things/think things that leave us wondering if we're crazy, or at least weird, or maybe even smarter than everyone else. This is a thread for those things. Hopefully people will chime in with words of understanding and consolation. But it's also okay to answer, "what? No. Dude you're messed up."

I'll start. Does anyone else get really annoyed when people post keyboard pictures with a shoe in the background? It's sort of this Reddit in-joke thing, and it just annoys me to no end. I actually had to unsubscribe from /r/mechanicalkeyboards because I couldn't take it anymore.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Re: The "does anyone else" thread
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 16 July 2015, 22:32:48 »
inb4 TP4

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 16 July 2015, 22:35:00 »
inb4 TP4

This is actually mildly impressive.

IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 16 July 2015, 22:51:07 »
Took him 4 minutes though :eek:
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline mason

• have fun with her, ryan
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 17 July 2015, 00:47:03 »
Does anyone else take the long way home because they love driving?  :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 17 July 2015, 01:12:44 »

I used to, back in the day when I drove to work, and when the roads were not peak hour all the time.

On the occasions when I do drive now, I just try to get to the destination as quickly and safely as possible, and get off the roads.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 17 July 2015, 01:17:43 »

I used to, back in the day when I drove to work, and when the roads were not peak hour all the time.

On the occasions when I do drive now, I just try to get to the destination as quickly and safely as possible, and get off the roads.

I like how people drive in Vic, feels like they bother to obey the speed limit. In Sydney you pretty much get verbally abused if you don't go at least 15km/h over the speed limit.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 17 July 2015, 02:10:58 »

I like how people drive in Vic, feels like they bother to obey the speed limit. In Sydney you pretty much get verbally abused if you don't go at least 15km/h over the speed limit.

So many people don't follow the speed limit.

We noticed moving from SA to VIC that SA drivers will generally slow down and let you in if you want to change lanes, but VIC drivers will not slow down, and will even speed up if you try to change lanes.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #8 on: Fri, 17 July 2015, 02:14:28 »

We noticed moving from SA to VIC that SA drivers will generally slow down and let you in if you want to change lanes, but VIC drivers will not slow down, and will even speed up if you try to change lanes.

Really? I have only driven in VIC a few times (possibly totalling of 6 weeks) but generally had a better experience than in Sydney. 

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 17 July 2015, 02:16:45 »

Really? I have only driven in VIC a few times (possibly totalling of 6 weeks) but generally had a better experience than in Sydney. 

I've been to Sydney a few times, not for a while though.  It was crazy, and I was glad I was in a taxi!

Melbourne doesn't seem quite that bad, but there are quite a few weird streets around here, and it you're not in the right lane you can find yourself way off track from where you wanted to go.

Offline PunksDead

• hspernks
  • keyboard poser
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 17 July 2015, 02:17:51 »
Does anyone else turn off the music while driving and freestyle about what they see? It's good stress relief after work.

"Look at this dumb ass walking his dog, throwing the stick. Motha****a better have a bag to pick up its ****"

I don't rap or listen to a lot of hip hop but it's fun
« Last Edit: Fri, 17 July 2015, 02:19:35 by PunksDead »
don't come to my funeral, there wont be one

Offline ImpendingxDoom

• * Maker
  • MF the SuperVillain
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 17 July 2015, 03:10:54 »
Does anyone else turn off the music while driving and freestyle about what they see? It's good stress relief after work.

"Look at this dumb ass walking his dog, throwing the stick. Motha****a better have a bag to pick up its ****"

I do this when I've been working for too long. It doesn't help that I occasionally work with a guy who is really into old school hiphop and does the same.

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #12 on: Fri, 17 July 2015, 05:23:07 »

I can totally picture you doing this. :))

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #13 on: Fri, 17 July 2015, 05:32:38 »
Haha, absolutely I am more into metal but if I'm at work by myself at then end of the night, on the road,picking up my house  by myself  :)) it helps me pass the time !
« Last Edit: Fri, 17 July 2015, 07:09:27 by Sed8op8 »
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 17 July 2015, 07:02:19 »
Does anyone else get tired of the same old people selling things and then not shipping them?

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #15 on: Fri, 17 July 2015, 07:05:19 »

No but I have made myself laugh hysterically at my own jokes about the other people driving.

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #16 on: Fri, 17 July 2015, 07:06:22 »
Does anyone else get tired of the same old people selling things and then not shipping them?

That and the people so focused on spamming the **** out of this forum, they can't even both to verify what they typed.
Azerty Propagandiste

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #17 on: Fri, 17 July 2015, 07:08:24 »

That and the people so focused on spamming the **** out of this forum, they can't even both to verify what they typed.

This just made me reread my post three times.

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #18 on: Fri, 17 July 2015, 07:10:16 »

Still you made a typo or didn't you?
Azerty Propagandiste

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #19 on: Fri, 17 July 2015, 07:11:37 »

Still you made a typo or didn't you?

It's still early here and my brain isn't functioning fully.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #20 on: Fri, 17 July 2015, 07:18:36 »

when the roads were not peak hour all the time.

This.

I have driven over a million miles in my life by now, and it is mostly a boring unpleasant chore. But I would still rather drive than ride with a bad driver (most, including my wife, and my boss).

And with high gas prices, that clinches it. I used to fill up once a week for $20 and drive wherever I wanted, but now, before each jaunt, I am calculating something like: "Let's see, this is going to be $4.50 each way ..... "
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #21 on: Fri, 17 July 2015, 08:38:33 »
Any one eat citrus with spoon..  How you do this..  it's not working for me..

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #22 on: Fri, 17 July 2015, 08:39:20 »

You need a serrated spoon man! C'mon TP step up your game!

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #23 on: Fri, 17 July 2015, 08:40:20 »

You need a serrated spoon man! C'mon TP step up your game!

Oh.....  ok....  ordering...

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #24 on: Fri, 17 July 2015, 10:09:22 »
You need a serrated spoon man!

I use a plain teaspoon.

But, I cut all the way around each segment. That requires a thin sharp knife. And I only eat grapefruit that way.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #25 on: Fri, 17 July 2015, 10:14:48 »

The "long way" for me is just more city driving, which is not fun.  When the long way meant country roads, I absolutely did this - especially when coming home after midnight.

Offline ImpendingxDoom

• * Maker
  • MF the SuperVillain
« Reply #26 on: Fri, 17 July 2015, 10:24:28 »

-_-

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #27 on: Fri, 17 July 2015, 12:45:03 »

-_-

I h8 driving.. h8.... mega-ultra-super-h8....

Internet FTW....

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #28 on: Fri, 17 July 2015, 14:20:12 »

Sometimes I get bored and start singing my own lyrics about the world around me over the real lyrics, especially if it's been a really stressful day.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #29 on: Sat, 18 July 2015, 22:02:32 »
If I'm stressed after work or stressed in general, I just drop the windows down and turn the music up. When I got stuck in 5pm rush hour traffic in downtown Chicago, everyone got to listen to the Acacia Strain with me.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #30 on: Sat, 18 July 2015, 22:08:55 »

Sometimes I get bored and start singing my own lyrics about the world around me over the real lyrics, especially if it's been a really stressful day.

When I get stressed..  I take a swig..  but only on fridays and saturdays..

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #31 on: Sat, 18 July 2015, 22:50:54 »
DAE breath to live?
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #32 on: Sat, 18 July 2015, 22:52:47 »
DAE breath to live?

I used to until I resolved to decrease my carbon footprint.

My boards:
More

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #33 on: Sat, 18 July 2015, 22:54:04 »
DAE breath to live?

DAE just sit around and masturbate all day

because I don't.

Also, DAE really love Drake like demik does?

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #34 on: Sat, 18 July 2015, 22:54:51 »

When I get stressed..  I take a swig..  but only on fridays and saturdays..

When I get stressed I cook but don't eat it, or polish my shoes
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #35 on: Sat, 18 July 2015, 22:55:44 »
I don't get stressed. Type B, baby!

My boards:
More

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #36 on: Sat, 18 July 2015, 22:59:28 »
DAE breath to live?

because I don't.

Also, DAE really love Drake like nubs does?

DAE ftfy

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #37 on: Sat, 18 July 2015, 23:08:26 »
No one has answered my original post about shoes.

My boards:
More

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #38 on: Sat, 18 July 2015, 23:15:37 »
DAE breath to live?

because I don't.

Also, DAE really love Drake like nubs does?

DAE ftfy

Drake demik

Dranke demik

Dranke demilk

Drank demilk

Drank de milk

Drank da milk

Drank the milk

It all makes sense now why you hate him so.

No one has answered my original post about shoes.

I just like keyboard pictures

« Last Edit: Sat, 18 July 2015, 23:17:13 by nubbinator »

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #39 on: Sat, 18 July 2015, 23:17:28 »
i see your green spanx

DAE GET ****ING SCARED AT THE THUNDER TODAY?

god damn it i was outside when that **** hit.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #40 on: Sat, 18 July 2015, 23:18:11 »
i see your green spanx

What, you expect me to work out to keep my svelte and sexy figure?  Don't lie demik, you like em thick.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #41 on: Sat, 18 July 2015, 23:19:27 »
i see your green spanx

What, you expect me to work out to keep my svelte and sexy figure?  Don't lie demik, you like em thick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1xxlf3Djz0

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #42 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 21:00:12 »
I just like keyboard pictures

Show Image

My boards:
More

Offline iri

« Reply #43 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 07:54:12 »
Does anybody else take their shoes off when entering a house?

(Answer: no)
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #44 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 07:56:43 »

Nope. I used to when I was younger when I went to a friend's house.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #45 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 08:10:36 »

Of course I do.  Why would I want to track mud and dirt around the house?

The only time I don't is if the owners also don't, which means I end up with their dirt on my socks.

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #46 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 08:12:00 »

Nope. I used to when I was younger when I went to a friend's house.

heathens.
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline iri

« Reply #47 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 08:12:56 »
I mean, I do, but you decadent Westerners usually don't.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline wlhlm

• ~
« Reply #48 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 10:31:36 »
Does anyone else use the Austere theme (white)? So much better than the standard theme. No wonder why people think this is a l33th4x0r forum.

106109-0

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #49 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 10:33:19 »
Does anyone else use the Austere theme (white)? So much better than the standard theme. No wonder why people think this is a l33th4x0r forum.

(Attachment Link)

gh 2.0 best theme

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 10:33:55 »

(Attachment Link)

Austere is the best theme.  Some people are misguided and think Nostalgia is, but it's okay we're all wrong sometimes.   :-*

Offline iri

« Reply #51 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 10:46:43 »
I use Thoriated and like it.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #52 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 11:14:57 »
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #53 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 11:43:28 »

I'm yet to meet a Canadian who keeps shoes on in the house.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #54 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 12:48:56 »

I'm yet to meet a Canadian who keeps shoes on in the house.

Yeah, but you're a Northerner.  :P

Offline Touch_It

« Reply #55 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 13:21:53 »
Fall asleep every night watching tv in bed.  It has become habit for me.  Probably terrible to do but oh well.

Stay up late Sunday night because you are dreading to come into work on Monday.

Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline GL1TCH3D

• Audiophile, tea lover and now keyboard hugger!
« Reply #56 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 13:25:27 »
Fall asleep every night watching tv in bed.  It has become habit for me.  Probably terrible to do but oh well.

I regularly watch TV before going to sleep but I turn it off when I get tired and start falling asleep

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #57 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 19:41:08 »

I regularly watch TV before going to sleep but I turn it off when I get tired and start falling asleep

This might be for you: http://techcrunch.com/2014/02/27/netflix-fitbit-hack/

My boards:
More

Offline GL1TCH3D

• Audiophile, tea lover and now keyboard hugger!
« Reply #58 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 19:47:40 »

Fun

But I don't have Netflix or a fitbit and I always turn off the TV / tablet or whatever I'm watching on before falling asleep xp

Though touch it might make use of that link

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #59 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 19:53:27 »

Really? It looks like MySpace in like 2002.

My boards:
More

Offline iri

« Reply #60 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 04:10:40 »

Really? It looks like MySpace in like 2002.
The difference is that I can load Geekhack pages. Unlike MySpace in 2002.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #61 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 08:13:41 »

:eek:  Finally!  I've been dreaming of something like this for years now.

* HoffmanMyster buys a Fitbit

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #62 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 21:31:10 »
Does anyone else like listening to music with a slightly higher pitch?

Here's a great website which lets you make on-the-fly pitch changes to songs you upload. Fun to listen to. You can even keep the tempo the same as the original song.

Only thing missing is an encrypted connection.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #63 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 21:43:48 »

Here's a great website which lets you make on-the-fly pitch changes to songs you upload. Fun to listen to. You can even keep the tempo the same as the original song.

I prefer more bass.

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #64 on: Thu, 23 July 2015, 02:04:58 »
I tried to make a thread like this too, mine failed. lol

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=72524.msg1769330#msg1769330

"DAE cry in the corner?"
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #65 on: Thu, 23 July 2015, 21:57:48 »

You can pitch-shift locally using Audacity (tutorial here).

I used this once to make myself sound like an elf for a parody song I made.

My boards:
More