Author Topic: Watched Lost again... (Spoilers?)  (Read 4855 times)

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
Watched Lost again... (Spoilers?)
« on: Thu, 24 September 2015, 12:05:11 »
And I cried at the final episodes just like last time..  :'(

I don't know, when they start remembering things from when they where alive, it always makes me weep.

Now I feel sad.

Offline inanis

• Truly Literally The Cloud
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
Re: Watched Lost again... (Spoilers?)
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 24 September 2015, 12:11:06 »
Unlike most people, I loved the ending of Lost. I thought it was very bitter sweet. That series in general was one of the best of all time.

I have a show that makes me tear up every time I watch the finale - Angel (the Buffy the Vampire spinoff). Most people laugh at me about this, but it was friggin' destructive to my being they way the ended it. I mean, I loved the ending, but it was brutal.

Now I'm sad too.  :'(
« Last Edit: Thu, 24 September 2015, 15:36:09 by inanis »
Some hearts are gallows, I'm not here for hangin' around

Offline yomammary

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 24 September 2015, 12:15:14 »
I didn't mind the ending, wasn't great, wasn't bad. I was too attached to the characters not to cry.
RF 87u 55g | Leeku 1800

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 24 September 2015, 12:15:46 »
And I cried at the final episodes just like last time..  :'(

I don't know, when they start remembering things from when they where alive, it always makes me weep.

Now I feel sad.

I just started re-watching this show myself. I personally liked the ending and thought it was very well done. My first watch-through, it took me a few months to get through it all, as it felt like it just kept on dragging. I'm excited to get through it again!

Offline RoastPotatoes

• * Maker
    • RoastPotatoes Keyboard Blog
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 24 September 2015, 12:58:35 »
I also very much enjoyed lost. The ending as well seemed to be a good fit.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 24 September 2015, 13:07:37 »
I don't get the love for Lost. I really liked the first two seasons a lot and watched it weekly (till the end) when it was on TV. But as it went on the story just became silly and I didn't much care for the characters. The ending was what it was but for me the mystery and cool stuff in Lost got lost...

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 24 September 2015, 13:10:18 »
I don't get the love for Lost. I really liked the first two seasons a lot and watched it weekly (till the end) when it was on TV. But as it went on the story just became silly and I didn't much care for the characters.

This exactly. It got very stupid and I gave up on it somewhere about the time they "moved" the island. Never really cared how it ended.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 24 September 2015, 13:10:35 »
Wow this is the most supporters of the finale that I've ever seen in one place.  :O

For me the mystery of the island, Dharma, etc was what I loved about the show. The characters were great, but the finale was really a big middle finger to all the fans watching for the mystery of the island rather than just the characters.  :(

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 24 September 2015, 14:16:07 »
I read somewhere, awhile ago, that the writers originally signed on for 4 seasons. After it became such a hit, the network wanted something like 10 seasons. They ended up compromising on 6, and I think the extra 2 seasons is what washed it out. If you look back, you can do without 2 of the middle seasons and the show was still really good.

Also, I enjoyed the finale.

Offline inanis

• * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 24 September 2015, 14:25:02 »
Wow this is the most supporters of the finale that I've ever seen in one place.  :O

For me the mystery of the island, Dharma, etc was what I loved about the show. The characters were great, but the finale was really a big middle finger to all the fans watching for the mystery of the island rather than just the characters.  :(

I admit, I cared far more about the characters than I did about the mystery. I think that is why to me, it was a good finale. I thought they gave me enough answers to leave satisfied with. The character resolution was more important to me.

I do remember hating Jack in the end though. He was a super whiny bastard. I also remember the guy who played him - Matthew Fox had a reputation for being very difficult to work with. I wondered if they made his character so terrible because he was a **** behind the scenes.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 24 September 2015, 15:10:18 »
People who like the finale = spacebar flippers.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline inanis

• * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 24 September 2015, 15:12:02 »

You caught me. I totally flip my spacebar.  :-[

Flipped spacebar 4lyfe!

Offline Air tree

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 24 September 2015, 15:12:20 »
You know it.  :cool:

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 24 September 2015, 15:13:07 »
I can't handle this... you two... my buds... I'm going to have to re-evaluate our relationships.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline inanis

• * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 24 September 2015, 15:14:27 »
I can't handle this... you two... my buds... I'm going to have to re-evaluate our relationships.

No, no, we just need to convert you to the proper life style. You don't know what you are missing buddy. Come over to our One True Way....

Offline Air tree

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #15 on: Thu, 24 September 2015, 15:24:20 »
One day you'll realise the truth and you will reach salvation.

In time.   :-*

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 24 September 2015, 15:31:47 »

yes! I LOVEDDDD LOST! Every season. But the finale was a big bummer. :( I was hoping the entire time that that wasnt what happened, but guess what, it was all along. I was hoping for more of a crazy mystery twist.. But still I love that show!

Also, I loved Angel and Buffy!  :p

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #17 on: Thu, 24 September 2015, 16:14:33 »

yes! I LOVEDDDD LOST! Every season. But the finale was a big bummer. :( I was hoping the entire time that that wasnt what happened, but guess what, it was all along. I was hoping for more of a crazy mystery twist.. But still I love that show!

Not only was I hoping it wasn't what would happen, but the writers and creators explicitly said it was not, which pissed me off even more. I spent so much time thinking of really complex explanations, and then *boom* - it's exactly what we all thought at first but were assured was not the case.  Sigh.

Offline yomammary

« Reply #18 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 08:13:05 »

Not only was I hoping it wasn't what would happen, but the writers and creators explicitly said it was not, which pissed me off even more. I spent so much time thinking of really complex explanations, and then *boom* - it's exactly what we all thought at first but were assured was not the case.  Sigh.
You mean you think they were dead all along? When the last season begins and Jack is on a plane, Jack was dead then... but not on the island... **** it's hard to explain haha.
RF 87u 55g | Leeku 1800

Offline abswyfe

• I <3 Geekhack
« Reply #19 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 08:19:13 »
I liked being dazed and confused
They ****ed it up big time

>:D
Thank you all Destiny supporters and all you fun people in off topic! I think I will try to stick around for a while!

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #20 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 08:21:51 »
Wait I forgot, I thought it was all magnets and ****, were they just all dead the whole time?

Offline inanis

• * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #21 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 08:30:46 »
They were real world dead, but not dead on the island. Well, most of them. Jack, Kate, Sun and whoever else got off the island for some amount of time and went back into the world. But then they went back and they were dead. It is confusing.  :blank:

Offline RoastPotatoes

• * Maker
« Reply #22 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 08:54:12 »
They were real world dead, but not dead on the island. Well, most of them. Jack, Kate, Sun and whoever else got off the island for some amount of time and went back into the world. But then they went back and they were dead. It is confusing.  :blank:
They were dead when they died, but everything else was real.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #23 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 09:01:17 »
So magnets had nothing to do with it?

**** man, memes have alot to answer for

Offline inanis

• * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #24 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 09:04:06 »
So magnets had nothing to do with it?

**** man, memes have alot to answer for

Magnets had a lot to do with it. The island had some crazy magnetic force that had to be kept in constant check or it would basically explode, that is what Desmond was doing, and why when they were digging that well (or whatever it was) they were trying to trigger the same event as when Desmond didn't hit enter the numbers (I hope I'm remembering that right, it has been a long time). It is kind of like the Island itself was a character. 

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #25 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 09:18:46 »
Ohh yeah that little golden waterfall thing?

I'm still confused, I don't remember **** all it seems haha so the island was like a halfway point between the afterlife and the real world, it used magnets to stay magic and needed a random PC to type in some lotto numbers, otherwise it went mental and more people where brought to the island?

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #26 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 10:04:49 »
I'm more confused now than before. Weren't they in purgatory the whole time? Then once they made peace, they moved on/died in the show?

Offline yomammary

« Reply #27 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 10:32:46 »
I'm more confused now than before. Weren't they in purgatory the whole time? Then once they made peace, they moved on/died in the show?
Nah...
RF 87u 55g | Leeku 1800

Offline inanis

• * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #28 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 10:41:47 »

Best way to explain it:

They were dead when they died, but everything else was real.

Offline RoastPotatoes

• * Maker
« Reply #29 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 10:47:05 »
This seems to be one of the biggest misconceptions that ruins the show for people. The flash sideways were revealed to be them meeting in purgatory after all of them had died in some way or another.

I think Lost really was all about the characters. This is evident through all the back story and flashbacks that you are given to each character. Even your favourite characters Nikki and Paulo had backstory. But this was all set to quite a fantastical backdrop of mystery and intrigue that became secondary at some point. And although there may have been some origins stuff and plot points not really explained I don't really know if they needed to be.

Offline inanis

• * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #30 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 10:51:43 »
This seems to be one of the biggest misconceptions that ruins the show for people. The flash sideways were revealed to be them meeting in purgatory after all of them had died in some way or another.

I think Lost really was all about the characters. This is evident through all the back story and flashbacks that you are given to each character. Even your favourite characters Nikki and Paulo had backstory. But this was all set to quite a fantastical backdrop of mystery and intrigue that became secondary at some point. And although there may have been some origins stuff and plot points not really explained I don't really know if they needed to be.

Nikki and Paulo....those bastards.  :mad:

Man, I forgot how much I loved this show. I'm going to go back and rewatch it again at some point. I did like then ending, specifically because they all meet up again and get a kind of closure. They even had Boone there! And he was the first one to die way back in Season 1, or maybe 2. It was a great show. I still miss it.

Offline RoastPotatoes

• * Maker
« Reply #31 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 11:31:25 »

Nikki and Paulo....those bastards.  >:(

Man, I forgot how much I loved this show. I'm going to go back and rewatch it again at some point. I did like then ending, specifically because they all meet up again and get a kind of closure. They even had Boone there! And he was the first one to die way back in Season 1, or maybe 2. It was a great show. I still miss it.
I had such a great time watching it. My favourite episode is Dr Linus.

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #32 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 11:44:30 »
I've been living a lie. Looks like I need to do a rewatch.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #33 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 15:37:13 »
You mean you think they were dead all along? When the last season begins and Jack is on a plane, Jack was dead then... but not on the island... **** it's hard to explain haha.

Yes.  Maybe I misunderstood?  :-/

I'll have to rewatch.  There wasn't really anything in the show to explain to me that it was different from purgatory.  Maybe I missed it though.  Regardless, even with the slight changes you're describing, the ending still doesn't make me happy and I think it's still a cop-out to the whole story - seems like a technicality to say it wasn't technically purgatory, when really it might as well have been.

I've been living a lie. Looks like I need to do a rewatch.

Yeah me too apparently.  :|

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #34 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 16:03:56 »
I'll wait to rewatch when I'm senile.

Offline Air tree

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #35 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 16:05:15 »
Good job everyone, now you can watch 6 seasons of lost to eat up your time.  >:D :))

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #36 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 16:14:33 »
Good job everyone, now you can watch 6 seasons of lost to eat up your time.  >:D :))
Thanks a lot. -_-

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #37 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 16:15:17 »

-_-  Yes.  All this free time I magically acquired.

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #38 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 16:22:46 »
I'll wait to rewatch when I'm senile.

Oh god the memories hurt I thought I had finally let go of the inconsistencies and just meh now I feel like if watch it again it will all make sense.

I felt they convoluted the story so much they used the first unifying idea they had to make it seem like they had planned it all along. For me the first 2 seasons were great and then it just kind of unraveled ....meh.....
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #39 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 16:57:21 »

So it was just a Jacob's Ladder kind of affair?

Lame-O
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline R1N3

« Reply #40 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 17:47:35 »

/thread

also it'd be a dream come true to live in a "The Hatch" reproduction.. get me the **** underground and by myself

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #41 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 21:34:43 »

QFT, the ending ruined the series for me. Spacebar flippers are ruining typing for me.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #42 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 21:35:18 »

QFT, the ending ruined the series for me. Spacebar flippers are ruining typing for me.

I hated the ending and flip my spacebars... 

* HoffmanMyster begins identity crisis

Offline Air tree

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #43 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 21:36:06 »

I hated the ending and flip my spacebars... 

* HoffmanMyster begins identity crisis
You just need to watch the series once more, it'll get better.  ^-^ :-*

Offline Lanx

« Reply #44 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 23:01:52 »
Lost sucks, the only thing of note that came out of it was one dude became a halfling and the hot chick became an elf. Some non whites "stayed on the island" to do Hawaii 5-0, with a Japanese Hiro and a Korean robot.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #45 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 23:18:04 »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #46 on: Sat, 26 September 2015, 07:07:18 »
I've attempted to watch "lost" numerous times,  I can't get past episode 3..  by then I'm thoroughly bored..

I just flip on the Firefly bluray, and call it a day..