Author Topic: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)  (Read 4208524 times)

Offline ANightOnCloudNine

Re: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)
« Reply #24950 on: Sun, 24 June 2018, 23:16:08 »
lol
There's nothing funny about that! I feel unjustly treated. I feel like punching someone.
moreso laughing at how stupid the reason you got banned for was

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #24951 on: Mon, 25 June 2018, 08:26:28 »
I got banned from Amazon a few months ago with no explanation as to why, and it took nearly a week of back and forth with support to get it reinstated. None of them knew the reason why, they said my ban reason was "user requested" and that they would look into it further. Then the news came out a few months after that that thousands of others had gotten banned for leaving paid reviews so I guess that's the reason I had so many issues (I used to leave reviews for discounted products, but I was ALWAYS objective and never increased my rating just for the discount). So I feel your pain.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #24952 on: Mon, 25 June 2018, 12:23:47 »
I got banned from Amazon a few months ago with no explanation as to why, and it took nearly a week of back and forth with support to get it reinstated. None of them knew the reason why, they said my ban reason was "user requested" and that they would look into it further. Then the news came out a few months after that that thousands of others had gotten banned for leaving paid reviews so I guess that's the reason I had so many issues (I used to leave reviews for discounted products, but I was ALWAYS objective and never increased my rating just for the discount). So I feel your pain.

Someone must've hijacked ur account to order/ship Naughty stuff to different addresses..

Then they instituted a ban which may erase some internal records..

Remember lydia from Breaking bad ?

Amazon moves Meth.. !!

This is prevalent in large logistic systems, whereby criminals enter the organization and mooch on the resources to easily cover their tracks in the immense volume..

Given that amazon is now the biggest mover around,  it's really not a surprise.

Offline rich1051414

« Reply #24953 on: Mon, 25 June 2018, 20:37:38 »
Wasn't a storage container of OLD nes games found, and after some people got them, turns out the game cartridges had packs of synthetic heroine in them?

Either way, to Blaise, amazon account deletions happen when the same credit card is used on multiple accounts, even if they are sent to the same address. It was a real pain for me as well until I figured that out. Overaggressive fraud protection.
Siig Minitouch with Orange Alps, Whitefox 60% Zealios 67g, Realforce 87U 55g Topre, LFK SMK/Alps TKL With SMK 2nd Gen Cherry MX mount switches, NEC APC-H412 NEC Blue Ovals, Unicomp Model-M Spacesaver, XMIT Hall Effect, WASD Code Cherry MX Clear, KBDFans75 Lubed Gateron Greens, Azio MGK L80 Kailh Brown, XD84 Pale Blue Box Kailh, NIB Pingmaster TMK Converted, KPrepublic XD96 Blue aluminum case with Jade Box Kailh

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24954 on: Mon, 25 June 2018, 20:47:50 »
Wasn't a storage container of OLD nes games found, and after some people got them, turns out the game cartridges had packs of synthetic heroine in them?

Either way, to Blaise, amazon account deletions happen when the same credit card is used on multiple accounts, even if they are sent to the same address. It was a real pain for me as well until I figured that out. Overaggressive fraud protection.

Synthetic ?  probably fentanyl if it was recent.

Don't do the drugs guys.. !!

Buy keyboards instead...

« Reply #24955 on: Tue, 26 June 2018, 02:00:45 »
felt a slight lump on the back of my neck, not gonna lie, it's probably a tumor, getting it checked out tomorrow, will inform yall

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #24956 on: Tue, 26 June 2018, 05:54:49 »
felt a slight lump on the back of my neck, not gonna lie, it's probably a tumor, getting it checked out tomorrow, will inform yall

Please keep us informed man.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24957 on: Tue, 26 June 2018, 06:56:55 »

Might be swollen lymph node..

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #24958 on: Tue, 26 June 2018, 14:18:28 »
About to lose my mind. There's been no one to talk to in the office all week.

I mean sure it's only Tuesday but 12 hours goes by so slow without human interaction.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24959 on: Tue, 26 June 2018, 14:21:18 »

I mean sure it's only Tuesday but 12 hours goes by so slow without human interaction.

/Livin' the Dream.  El-Lobo

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #24960 on: Tue, 26 June 2018, 14:25:12 »

/Livin' the Dream.  El-Lobo

I mean sure most of the time I prefer doing things alone but there's usually one or two people here I actually don't mind sharing the usual banter with for 10-15  minutes to break the monotony.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #24961 on: Tue, 26 June 2018, 18:01:47 »

I haven't interacted with another human being outside of the internet and email for 9 days. But I'll need to go grocery shopping soon so there goes that dream.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #24962 on: Tue, 26 June 2018, 18:17:26 »

I haven't interacted with another human being outside of the internet and email for 9 days. But I'll need to go grocery shopping soon so there goes that dream.

Order food online?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24963 on: Tue, 26 June 2018, 18:22:56 »

Order food online?

I got this female with a lisp one time, she sounded super cute

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #24964 on: Tue, 26 June 2018, 18:23:02 »

That's messed up. I consider myself a recluse but the max I've ever done was four days before I felt the need to talk to someone.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #24965 on: Tue, 26 June 2018, 18:30:09 »

Order food online?

I got this female with a lisp one time, she sounded super cute

Next step, marriage!

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #24966 on: Tue, 26 June 2018, 19:26:39 »

That's messed up. I consider myself a recluse but the max I've ever done was four days before I felt the need to talk to someone.
Hey you guys...

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgeekhack%2Eorg%2Findex%2Ephp%3Ftopic%3D96348%2E0&share_tid=96348&share_fid=2190&share_type=t

« Reply #24967 on: Wed, 27 June 2018, 18:29:44 »
so the xrays were moved to today, as they processed them i seen the computer screen from where i was standing, it wasnt an up close view but it was an unobstructed view, as far as i could see it appears not to be a tumor but as i said it wasnt up close, lets hope it isnt one and hope its just a swollen lymph node

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24968 on: Wed, 27 June 2018, 19:01:54 »
so the xrays were moved to today, as they processed them i seen the computer screen from where i was standing, it wasnt an up close view but it was an unobstructed view, as far as i could see it appears not to be a tumor but as i said it wasnt up close, lets hope it isnt one and hope its just a swollen lymph node

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #24969 on: Fri, 29 June 2018, 14:38:48 »
My whatever with C programming is both daunting and time consuming. What's worse is that I'm treating it like a hobby. If only there were a giant picture books with program structure diagrams..

Offline Starius

« Reply #24970 on: Fri, 29 June 2018, 15:38:17 »

Might be swollen lymph node..

I had a lump on my upper back / lower neck area for almost 2 decades before I had it removed. It was just a cyst, but it was fairly deep for such things.   You can see a picture of it here:

https://www.instagram.com/p/96ljMqEZnO/?taken-by=starius

My frequency of headaches and migraines reduced drastically after getting it removed.
Perhaps your experience will be just as helpful!

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #24971 on: Fri, 29 June 2018, 15:44:21 »
Today I am venturing out to go shopping because the cupboards are bare, so since I last posted the total isolation time has been about 12 days.
(I did talk to my mom on the phone for about 20 minutes on one of those days, but no face-to-face for 12)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24972 on: Fri, 29 June 2018, 15:59:06 »
Today I am venturing out to go shopping because the cupboards are bare, so since I last posted the total isolation time has been about 12 days.
(I did talk to my mom on the phone for about 20 minutes on one of those days, but no face-to-face for 12)

Don't do it..

Order all groceries on amazon fresh..

/Never Outside

/The Abyss is home..

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #24973 on: Fri, 29 June 2018, 20:29:04 »
Bought an SSD to put in my chromebook and it was apparently used....it's got someones files on it..... :eek:

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #24974 on: Fri, 29 June 2018, 21:27:02 »

it was apparently used

I read an article by a guy who bought 100 used hard drives on ebay just to see what people left there, and the majority had not even been erased.

One was from an ATM machine!
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #24975 on: Fri, 29 June 2018, 21:52:29 »
I once bought a secondhand PC and the previous owner hadn't even bothered logging out. I booted right into Windows and had full access to everything. I tracked them down on LinkedIn to try to prevent that from occurring in the future and they wouldn't respond.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #24976 on: Fri, 29 June 2018, 21:58:26 »
I once bought a secondhand PC and the previous owner hadn't even bothered logging out. I booted right into Windows and had full access to everything. I tracked them down on LinkedIn to try to prevent that from occurring in the future and they wouldn't respond.

They were probably freaked out.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24977 on: Fri, 29 June 2018, 22:03:03 »
Bought an SSD to put in my chromebook and it was apparently used....it's got someones files on it..... :eek:

what % was pr0n !!

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #24978 on: Fri, 29 June 2018, 22:37:38 »

There's no way in hell I wouldn't dismantle my HDDs to play with the pretty mirror disks/magnets inside.. but.. let's say I messed up and didn't keep my precious mirror disks..

I would not respond to some random person that contacted me through LinkedIn to give me a lecture about my HDD data habits.

Offline Starius

« Reply #24979 on: Fri, 29 June 2018, 22:49:36 »

There's no way in hell I wouldn't dismantle my HDDs to play with the pretty mirror disks/magnets inside.. but.. let's say I messed up and didn't keep my precious mirror disks..

I would not respond to some random person that contacted me through LinkedIn to give me a lecture about my HDD data habits.

Maybe they didn't respond because they were.... dead?  And their pc was just sold off by relatives or the estate? 
(Unless you did purchase from them directly.)

I once bought a copy of the book Cosmos by Carl Sagan on eBay.  Tucked away inside was a very interesting letter from a woman to the owner.  She had given the book to this person as a gift, and reading between the lines of the letter it really seemed like they had some kind of love affair.    I found the letter quite touching and was fascinated by it.  I emailed the ebay seller, trying to find out a bit more info or if the letter was important to someone - but it turns out the seller had just picked it up at an estate auction.  Apparently the owner had passed away.   So a book about the Cosmos, that was once a token of potentially forbidden love between two people, was now in the hands of a stranger.  I felt a bit of profound sadness knowing that no one else in the world probably knew or cared about this significance.   I still keep that letter in the book to this day.  It seems fitting. 

Though, that sort of romanticism aside, if I were in your shoes I would just totally format those drives and not dig too deep to see what's on them.  Just my luck, it would be a bunch of **** pics or something. 

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24980 on: Fri, 29 June 2018, 23:08:38 »

Maybe they didn't respond because they were.... dead?  And their pc was just sold off by relatives or the estate? 

I once bought a copy of the book Cosmos by Carl Sagan on eBay.  Tucked away inside was a very interesting letter from a woman to the owner.  She had given the book to this person as a gift, and reading between the lines of the letter it really seemed like they had some kind of love affair.    I found the letter quite touching and was fascinated by it.  I emailed the ebay seller, trying to find out a bit more info or if the letter was important to someone - but it turns out the seller had just picked it up at an estate auction.  Apparently the owner had passed away.   So a book about the Cosmos, that was once a token of potentially forbidden love between two people, was now in the hands of a stranger.  I felt a bit of profound sadness knowing that no one else in the world probably knew or cared about this significance.   I still keep that letter in the book to this day.  It seems fitting. 

Though, that sort of romanticism aside, if I were in your shoes I would just totally format those drives and not dig too deep to see what's on them.  Just my luck, it would be a bunch of **** pics or something. 

Humility/Conservatism/Temperance are tools invented by humans to divert and focus energy on things OTHER than primal instincts.

As technology provide ever greater time-resource to all individuals,  we the animal fall back into simple primal hedonistic loops..

That is because in face of incessant mental stimuli which (Press) the urges,  Self-Control is simply exhausted.

Not sure if this is good or bad,  but this is the best way to comprehend population aging and low replacement rate..  Most humans are not thinking further ahead when they can experience unlimited pleasure now.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #24981 on: Sat, 30 June 2018, 00:08:18 »

Humility/Conservatism/Temperance are tools invented by humans to divert and focus energy on things OTHER than primal instincts.

As technology provide ever greater time-resource to all individuals,  we the animal fall back into simple primal hedonistic loops..

That is because in face of incessant mental stimuli which (Press) the urges,  Self-Control is simply exhausted.

Not sure if this is good or bad,  but this is the best way to comprehend population aging and low replacement rate..  Most humans are not thinking further ahead when they can experience unlimited pleasure now.

TL;DR - Starius shares awesome story and tp4 contemplates what he wants from Popeyes.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #24982 on: Sat, 30 June 2018, 03:33:42 »

TL;DR - Starius shares awesome story and tp4 contemplates what he wants from Popeyes.

Just going to put my worthless two tokens in....

I would look for nudes and then format.

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #24983 on: Sat, 30 June 2018, 04:37:56 »

The purpose was not to lecture, but to potentially return the approximately 3000 family(?) photos I found. Since they didn't respond I ended up just wiping what was potentially the only digital copies of their photos.  :-\

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24984 on: Sat, 30 June 2018, 05:46:02 »

Just going to put my worthless two tokens in....

I would look for nudes and then format.

Popeyes...

Sigh..........  One day.. perhaps.. One day..  !!

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #24985 on: Sat, 30 June 2018, 20:50:37 »
Gah.... 4 hours to destination had to stop for the night.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24986 on: Sat, 30 June 2018, 20:52:14 »

vacations !!

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #24987 on: Sat, 30 June 2018, 20:59:48 »

vacations !!
Yeah but I could have bought a keyboard for what this hotel costs for the night

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24988 on: Sat, 30 June 2018, 21:03:05 »

vacations !!

As long as it comes with dat continental breakfast.. !!

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #24989 on: Sat, 30 June 2018, 21:17:34 »

vacations !!

As long as it comes with dat continental breakfast.. !!
Definitely!

Sent from my HD10 using Tapatalk

Offline Belfong

« Reply #24990 on: Sat, 30 June 2018, 22:19:22 »
I live in fear that my mini-USB port in the keyboard will break off one day due to rough handling!

Offline Kavik

« Reply #24991 on: Sat, 30 June 2018, 23:50:36 »
I live in fear that my mini-USB port in the keyboard will break off one day due to rough handling!

I've broken the B ends of two USB cables on my Moon keyboard because the USB port is about 1mm lower than the base of my monitor stand; the slight height differential between the inserted portion of the plug and the external portion caused a break under the weight of the keyboard.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #24992 on: Sun, 01 July 2018, 00:27:19 »
I sprained my mouse pointer finger from overuse :))

Gonna be playing games left handed like a heathen for the next 2-4 weeks.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #24993 on: Sun, 01 July 2018, 06:43:06 »

I've broken the B ends of two USB cables on my Moon keyboard because the USB port is about 1mm lower than the base of my monitor stand; the slight height differential between the inserted portion of the plug and the external portion caused a break under the weight of the keyboard.
my nightmare came true!  :eek:

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #24994 on: Sun, 01 July 2018, 07:09:54 »
My vacation just started but I'm feeling down in the dumps for no reason.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #24995 on: Sun, 01 July 2018, 08:55:22 »
Probably you missed work?  :cool: :eek:

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #24996 on: Sun, 01 July 2018, 09:38:34 »
Haha I hope that ain't it.
Feeling a bit better at least.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24997 on: Sun, 01 July 2018, 12:24:06 »

Eat watermelon..  Drink sake..  take nap..

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #24998 on: Sun, 01 July 2018, 16:00:15 »

I did actually eat some watermelon and took a nap.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24999 on: Sun, 01 July 2018, 17:24:06 »

I did actually eat some watermelon and took a nap.
Show Image

Sake for dinner.. !!

/maximum buzz
/maximum healthy