Author Topic: In your opinion, what are some of the most visually appealing games for PC?  (Read 10063 times)

Offline tormentor

I'm sure the topic has been beaten to death and I could just Google something similar, but I'm curious for your standpoints and since most of the community is a enthusiast one way or another you wont move off topic about Console games. The games I've played that look stunning (in my opinion) are The Witcher 2, Tomb Raider (reboot, duh), Crysis 3 (you saw that coming), Metro Last Light, Batman Arkham City just to name a few. I'm looking for some suggestions if anyone could recommend anything. I only got my first gaming PC about 2 months ago so I'm building up the catalog. Can't wait for Watch Dogs!

As of 10/4

Including the games I've mentioned, these are our recommendations so far :
The Witcher 2
Tomb Raider
Crysis Franchise
Metro Franchise
Borderlands Franchise
Bioshock Infinite
Batman Arkham City
Mirror's Edge
Far Cry 3 (I don't know about the first 2 )
Far Cry 3 : Blood Dragon
Bastion
Skyrim (Modded)
Blade and Soul
Final Fantasy XIV : A Realm Reborn
Dishonored
Guild Wars 2
Warframe
Team Fortress 2
Fez
Superbrothers : Sword & Sorcery
Thomas Was Alone
From Dust
Primordia
Trine
Trine 2
Antichamber
Fotonica
Deadlight
Limbo
Shank
Jezz Ball (Is this really a game or is SpAm just trying to get me to google something disgusting?)
Half Life 2
Serious Sam
Solitaire (Don't ask me, I don't know...)
Halo
Metal Slug
Fallout Tactics
Battlefield 3
Rayman Origins
Anno 2070
Zeno Clash

Looking good so far, I wouldn't of known of half of these. Keep em coming Geekhack!
« Last Edit: Fri, 04 October 2013, 21:15:10 by tormentor »

Offline mauri

Mirrors edge, not realistic but visually extremely appealing, the lighting and the colorschemes are just sublime
I AM BABAR KING OF THE ELEPHANTS

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Visually appealing...

Hard to define...

If we're just rating eye candy.. Crysis...

Most games using Unreal engine look good too..

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
I remember really finding Far Cry amazing to look at.  The artwork on Bastion is really great.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Back in the day when it was originally released, Half Life 2 and also Serious Sam were pretty.

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
Solitaire.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
jezz ball

Offline tormentor

I remember really finding Far Cry amazing to look at.  The artwork on Bastion is really great.

I forgot to mention that one. I just finished that recently to. Some people say Bioshock Infinite is gorgeous so I'm looking to get that as well. Any other suggestions guys?

Offline mr. rampage

Skyrim with mods looks pretty sweet. Without mods it's hideous.

Offline tormentor

Re: In your opinion, what are some of the most visually appealing games for PC?
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 02 October 2013, 16:23:33 »
Visually appealing...

Hard to define...

If we're just rating eye candy.. Crysis...

Most games using Unreal engine look good too..

I know what you're saying as far as it being hard to define, but I'm just curious of other peoples opinions. I find Trine 2 to be visually appealing but obviously not the "best" graphically .

Offline tormentor

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 02 October 2013, 16:26:02 »
Skyrim with mods looks pretty sweet. Without mods it's hideous.

I'm really excited to try this. Hopefully I can find a copy of Skyrim decently priced. It's surprising how much the game still goes for. I just realized I could of posted all of these on the same message. lol I'll be sure to do that going forward. :)

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 02 October 2013, 16:30:03 »
Right now I like how games like Blade and Soul and FFXIV look. It's not all about graphics, its more about artwork! The artist makes all the difference. The graphics engine just has to be decent.

Offline tormentor

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 02 October 2013, 16:33:35 »
Right now I like how games like Blade and Soul and FFXIV look. It's not all about graphics, its more about artwork! The artist makes all the difference. The graphics engine just has to be decent.

Has ARR really turned the corner? Everything seems positive and it is a good looking game.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 02 October 2013, 17:09:47 »
Crysis 3 looks damn good, so does the beta of battlefield 4 considering it's a beta (an unoptimized, but still looks nice)
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 02 October 2013, 17:18:04 »
While it will need a beast of a computer to do it, I'm curious to see how good the new GTA will look. I don't care all that much to play it, but I'm interested in how it will look.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 01:34:54 »
Skyrim still blows me away. I'm always finding new super high res texture packs and neat little/big things to add. Currently running 327 different mods, and that's constantly increasing. Metro 2033 is still the most technically taxing game for the PC, even after all these years.
On the other end of the graphical spectrum, I love the look of Proteus and Fez.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #17 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 02:10:27 »
Halo
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #18 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 02:19:46 »
When you say visually appealing I take it that you don't simply mean realistic graphics.

So, a short list of games that I find have an interesting and well-executed art style;
Guild Wars 2
Warframe
Team Fortress 2
Bastion
Fez
Superbrothers: Sword & Sorcery
Thomas Was Alone
From Dust
Primordia
Dishonored

If you cba modding them then Skyrim and Oblivion can look amazing.

Offline tormentor

« Reply #19 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 03:07:39 »
When you say visually appealing I take it that you don't simply mean realistic graphics.

So, a short list of games that I find have an interesting and well-executed art style;
Guild Wars 2
Warframe
Team Fortress 2
Bastion
Fez
Superbrothers: Sword & Sorcery
Thomas Was Alone
From Dust
Primordia
Dishonored

If you cba modding them then Skyrim and Oblivion can look amazing.

That's exactly what I mean, as I mentioned on another post it's not simply graphical fidelity I'm looking for, but artistic direction. Thank you everyone for your input, keep 'em comin'!

Offline tormentor

« Reply #20 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 03:11:20 »
Skyrim still blows me away. I'm always finding new super high res texture packs and neat little/big things to add. Currently running 327 different mods, and that's constantly increasing. Metro 2033 is still the most technically taxing game for the PC, even after all these years.
On the other end of the graphical spectrum, I love the look of Proteus and Fez.

The only version of the game I've owned is the PS3 version, it's super buggy and crashed constantly. Got not even 2 hrs in and it took a ****. The PC version seems amazing and everyone's feedback verifies this.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #21 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 09:18:04 »
Mirrors Edge, XIII, Borderlands, Antichamber, Fotonica, Deadlight, Far Cry Blood Dragon, Limbo, Shank...
I tend to favor art style that is not attempting to be photo realistic. They hold up much better over a longer period will still look good.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #22 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 09:21:27 »
I agree with Ivan. Recently, I've been really impressed with Metro Last Light/the Metro games, Shank, and Borderlands 2. I really like how Shank and BL2 have a distinct drawing style AND are playable. Kind of like playing in my own little cartoon world.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #23 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 13:01:40 »
Metal Slug

Offline mauri

« Reply #24 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 13:03:33 »
I agree with Ivan. Recently, I've been really impressed with Metro Last Light/the Metro games, Shank, and Borderlands 2. I really like how Shank and BL2 have a distinct drawing style AND are playable. Kind of like playing in my own little cartoon world.

You should try Mirrors Edge, just watching the graphics makes me feel happy, not to talk about the awesomeness of the game itself ^^

Offline saturnotaku

« Reply #25 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 14:23:22 »
Mirrors edge, not realistic but visually extremely appealing, the lighting and the colorschemes are just sublime

Exactly the first game that came to my mind. ME might not have the level of detail of more modern titles, but the fact that there's no brownish-gray to be found is what makes it stand out. Plus it has my favorite soundtrack of any game.

Offline tormentor

« Reply #26 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 14:30:32 »

Exactly the first game that came to my mind. ME might not have the level of detail of more modern titles, but the fact that there's no brownish-gray to be found is what makes it stand out. Plus it has my favorite soundtrack of any game.

I remember watching my brother play it back in 2009 I was in awe.  I recently got it myself with the Origin Humble Bundle and I have yet to play it but I do enjoy lighter colors and environments, it does feel like every game and it's mother is drowned in brown and gray. Thers are all great suggestions, other then Final Fantasy XIV is there any other MMOs out there with appealing visuals?

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #27 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 15:48:17 »
I hate the control scheme on Mirror's Edge though. It's almost as bad as Dark Souls with a mouse and keyboard. No where near as bad as Neverwinter Nights II though *shudder* took me over 2hrs just to get through the opening tutorial.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #28 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 15:55:02 »
I remember watching my brother play it back in 2009 I was in awe.  I recently got it myself with the Origin Humble Bundle and I have yet to play it but I do enjoy lighter colors and environments, it does feel like every game and it's mother is drowned in brown and gray. Thers are all great suggestions, other then Final Fantasy XIV is there any other MMOs out there with appealing visuals?

Already mentioned here, but I thought Guild Wars looks amazing with all the graphics maxed, especially if you have a large high resolution monitor.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline blueasjim

« Reply #29 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 15:56:04 »
The Metro 2033 series is very pretty.
Vortex KBT PURE [MX Red] | CM Storm [MX Blue] | CM Storm [MX Red]

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #30 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 15:56:12 »

You should try Mirrors Edge, just watching the graphics makes me feel happy, not to talk about the awesomeness of the game itself ^^

I just got my hands on it (I know I'm behind the times on games). I'm looking forward to playing it soon :D

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #31 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 16:36:55 »
Mirrors Edge, XIII, Borderlands, Antichamber, Fotonica, Deadlight, Far Cry Blood Dragon, Limbo, Shank...
I tend to favor art style that is not attempting to be photo realistic. They hold up much better over a longer period will still look good.
I like seeing how close to reality they can get from a technological standpoint, but... I totally appreciate the Borderlands style as well. If you can't make it look real, and frankly I would rather they spend that effort on gameplay, make it fun. The old Lucas Arts games were that way as well, they weren't attempting to look real, they just looked good.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline lucifurburch

« Reply #32 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 20:38:03 »
people have listed some great games here but one id like to add as an example of how well a game can hold up over time is fallout tactics it is a game i have been playing off and on now for over 9 years and it was not even new at the time it has its flaws but id like to see anyone deny its good visuals and addictive game play... one game im surprised no one mentioned is battlefield 3 great game beautiful and you can blow most things up... could u ask 4 more?

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #33 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 20:42:35 »
Rayman Origins is pretty, Anno 2070 is pretty good looking for a strategy game, and Zeno Clash has amazing and unique art direction (too bad the actual game is trash.)

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #34 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 20:44:41 »
I was a big xbox player for the last few years, and did real, legitimate pc gaming only since this january. I have to say, playing all the games i should to play a lot of on xbox, the change was insane. Mainly borderlands, i had 300+ hours of it on xbox, and then switched over to PC on a $1000 rig that i built myself. the change was literally breathtaking. BF3, Borderlands and every other game i've ever played on xbox were incredibly noticeable and much more pleasing lol. 1080 is so crisp and clear and everything is so smooth and it makes gaming a dream. I'm excited to see how my rig will handle BF4 and (hopefully gta 5) on pc once they drop. on 1080 of course.

if i had to pick one, probably battlefield 3. the graphics on xbox are a joke when compared to 1080 PC Ultra. My xbox was hitting 30 fps, 720 on sub-low graphics, while on my pc was hitting 120+ fps, 1080 on ultra. Game-changing difference doe

Offline acer589

• Gotta get out of college
« Reply #35 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 20:45:06 »
Mirror's Edge.. It's just SO pretty.
MX Blue Black Widow Ultimate    MX Black Quickfire Rapid TKL    MX Black Poker II

Offline saturnotaku

« Reply #36 on: Fri, 04 October 2013, 08:04:03 »
I hate the control scheme on Mirror's Edge though. It's almost as bad as Dark Souls with a mouse and keyboard. No where near as bad as Neverwinter Nights II though *shudder* took me over 2hrs just to get through the opening tutorial.

That's why you play it with a controller.

Take the aesthetics and soundtrack out of the equation, however, and Mirror's Edge is terribly flawed. The campaign is short, the characters are uninteresting, platforming from a first-person perspective never works, and the combat is clunky and awkward. The stunning visuals and outstanding music go a very long way toward making up for those deficiencies, so much so for me personally that it's easily one of my top 10 favorite games of all time and could very well be in the top five. It's a game that I will always come back to when I don't feel like playing anything else in my Steam/Origin libraries.
« Last Edit: Fri, 04 October 2013, 08:05:53 by saturnotaku »

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #37 on: Fri, 04 October 2013, 09:06:44 »
I didn't have any problem playing Mirrors Edge with keyboard and mouse. Some may find the 1st person a bit disorienting for parkour style play but that isn't really a game flaw. The only major complaint I have with the game is the forced combat encounters. That seems really wrong to me and against what little we do know about the character and the entire objective of the game otherwise. Being able to choose to escape and evade would have made so much more sense in the game with resorting to having to fight only if you totally failed to do so.

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #38 on: Fri, 04 October 2013, 09:11:26 »
Don't think I saw it while scrolling through this thread, but I found Bioshock Infinite to look very nice visually.  It had a great story too, perhaps just a bit too short.
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline mauri

« Reply #39 on: Fri, 04 October 2013, 14:48:36 »
I didn't have any problem playing Mirrors Edge with keyboard and mouse. Some may find the 1st person a bit disorienting for parkour style play but that isn't really a game flaw. The only major complaint I have with the game is the forced combat encounters. That seems really wrong to me and against what little we do know about the character and the entire objective of the game otherwise. Being able to choose to escape and evade would have made so much more sense in the game with resorting to having to fight only if you totally failed to do so.

Same, I didn't find it one bit hard or difficult, tho I had gone thru all the Assassins Creeds in a week previous to that and the controls were a bit similar

Offline inteli722

• Waiting for too much stuff...
« Reply #40 on: Fri, 04 October 2013, 19:18:34 »
Personal opinoins:

Bastion is a very good looking game in an indie sort of way.

Battlefield 3 and Crysis are 2 of the most realistic looking games.

Mirror's Edge also has a sort of appeal to it that I like, also. It just being so clean.

Metro:LL also looks amazing.

Can't comment on Borderlands, because I literally just bought it a half hour ago and it's still installing.
More

Visit the Typing Test and try!
R.I.P. SmallFry! You will be dearly missed.
Leopold FC200 |  CoolerMaster QFP Browns | Quickfire Rapid Greens | Quickfire Rapid Blues
Waiting for: Phantom Plate

Offline tormentor

« Reply #41 on: Fri, 04 October 2013, 21:07:19 »
The Witcher 2
Tomb Raider
Crysis Franchise
Metro Franchise
Borderlands Franchise
Bioshock Infinite
Batman Arkham City
Mirror's Edge
Bastion
Skyrim (Modded)
Blade and Soul
Dishonored
Guild Wars 2
Warframe
Team Fortress 2
Fez
Thomas Was Alone
From Dust
Primordia
Trine
Trine 2
Antichamber
Fotonica
Deadlight
Limbo
Shank
Jezz Ball (Is this really a game or is SpAm just trying to get me to google something disgusting?)
Half Life 2
Serious Sam
Halo
Metal Slug
Fallout Tactics
Battlefield 3
Rayman Origins
Anno 2070
Zeno Clash

Looking good so far, I wouldn't of known of half of these. Keep em coming Geekhack!
« Last Edit: Fri, 04 October 2013, 21:09:00 by tormentor »

Offline inteli722

« Reply #42 on: Fri, 04 October 2013, 23:18:20 »
The Witcher 2
Tomb Raider
Crysis Franchise
Metro Franchise
Borderlands Franchise
Bioshock Infinite
Batman Arkham City
Mirror's Edge
Bastion
Skyrim (Modded)
Blade and Soul
Dishonored
Guild Wars 2
Warframe
Team Fortress 2
Fez
Thomas Was Alone
From Dust
Primordia
Trine
Trine 2
Antichamber
Fotonica
Deadlight
Limbo
Shank
Half Life 2
Serious Sam
Halo
Metal Slug
Fallout Tactics
Battlefield 3
Rayman Origins
Anno 2070
Zeno Clash

I don't know about the first one, but Far Cry 2 is very visually appealing as well, so you might as well chalk that one up.

And seriously. If you haven't played Bastion, go play it now. Amazing game.
More

Leopold FC200 |  CoolerMaster QFP Browns | Quickfire Rapid Greens | Quickfire Rapid Blues

Offline acer589

• Gotta get out of college
« Reply #43 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 04:37:18 »

That's why you play it with a controller.

Take the aesthetics and soundtrack out of the equation, however, and Mirror's Edge is terribly flawed. The campaign is short, the characters are uninteresting, platforming from a first-person perspective never works, and the combat is clunky and awkward. The stunning visuals and outstanding music go a very long way toward making up for those deficiencies, so much so for me personally that it's easily one of my top 10 favorite games of all time and could very well be in the top five. It's a game that I will always come back to when I don't feel like playing anything else in my Steam/Origin libraries.

I hate to be that ******* (that's a total lie I love it), but, it's a game about running. That is the ONLY merit it should be judged on. The campaign is short, because you're covering distance. It's not meant to be a novel.  Platforming from a first-person perspective worked very well in that game, largely because they knew what they were doing, and made a very memorizable set of commands. And like... you could complain about combat, or you could just not have any and constantly run, since it's a game about running. For me, the only bad part of that game was right near the end with the server room. The only time in the game you have to fight. I usually just stop playing there, because it is SO unfun.
MX Blue Black Widow Ultimate    MX Black Quickfire Rapid TKL    MX Black Poker II

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #44 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 15:38:05 »
Battle for Wesnoth. I'm always amazed when I see the playful little things and the overall scenery is quite pleasing—when I first saw the release that switched to transparent fog and more detailed tiles, I was surprisingly mesmerized. And add nice artworks to that...

For some reason, I really liked the original Ragnarok Online. I thought the combination of 2D manga-like characters in simple 3D environment looked pretty good.

Finally, I love games like NetHack (and Jeff Vogel's games), because their graphics is as good as your imagination.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #45 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 15:54:32 »
I'm just going to add Digital: A Love Story and Spec Ops: The Line.

Digital is a weird one, but I like the way it tells its story and how the visuals tie into it.

Spec Ops... Idk, can't explain much without spoiling it, I just really liked the way it used visual storytelling. The style might seem somewhat like your bland military shooter, but there are some stunning views and some fantastic scenes in it. And the story is amazing, well worth playing.

Offline SnareSpectre

« Reply #46 on: Sun, 20 October 2013, 20:19:12 »
Not adding anything new here, but I agree with Witcher 2, Tomb Raider, and Guild Wars 2.

Offline GamingFTW

« Reply #47 on: Mon, 21 October 2013, 11:05:39 »
I think Deus Ex: Human Revolution is a good game not only visually but story wise. Great story plus you crank the settings up you can see a lot of cool stuff. A lot of the stuff in the game is very interactive.
You Should go play it.

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
« Reply #48 on: Mon, 21 October 2013, 12:17:12 »
Black Desert Online

Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #49 on: Mon, 21 October 2013, 12:31:08 »
You guys are just talking about good games  :))

ArmA 3 (Modded to the core) is a very nice looking game. Although you'll need a beastly PC, or know how to work with the settings to run it well. The base game isn't that great. But there is an entire modding community built around it.
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 07:05:16 »
Portal
Portal 2
Mirror's Edge
Firefall

I particularly like the visual style used in Firefall.
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #51 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 09:33:23 »
I know I am probably going to get flamed for this one but I really enjoy the graphics on Star Wars The Old Republic MMO.  Outside of that Half Life 2 was amazing graphics wise when it was release and I think still looks good.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline saturnotaku

« Reply #52 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 10:10:33 »
I hate to be that ******* (that's a total lie I love it), but, it's a game about running. That is the ONLY merit it should be judged on.

The section at the end is not the only one where you have to fight. I sincerely doubt you made it through the subway entrance (chapter 4, I believe) without engaging in combat, as the enemy placement/spawning simply doesn't allow it.

The campaign is short, because you're covering distance. It's not meant to be a novel.

Even with a multitude of splatter deaths because the game didn't want to register the fact that I made a jump perfectly, I beat the game the first time through in less than 5 hours. There are dozens of games that prove story, gameplay and time spent therein are not mutually exclusive. Had Mirror's Edge focused more on the world rather than trying to do some kind of character story, it would have made for a more engaging experience. The spinoff iOS game and comic books are much better in these regards.

Platforming from a first-person perspective worked very well in that game, largely because they knew what they were doing, and made a very memorizable set of commands.

Then you are very much in the minority.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #53 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 10:53:43 »
I think Deus Ex: Human Revolution is a good game not only visually but story wise. Great story plus you crank the settings up you can see a lot of cool stuff. A lot of the stuff in the game is very interactive.
You Should go play it.

I really enjoyed that game.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy

Offline inteli722

« Reply #55 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 18:28:08 »

Quake best looking game 2013
More

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #56 on: Wed, 23 October 2013, 00:31:43 »

Nah bro, Duke Nukem Forever II best looking of all tiem

Offline Hak Foo

• Make America Clicky Again!
« Reply #57 on: Wed, 23 October 2013, 01:32:54 »
Been playing the new Devil May Cry... it's "stylish" but feels liike there could be more "stuff" in the maps.
OTOH, it runs buttery smooth at 1440p on a 660.
Overton130, Box Pale Blues.

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #58 on: Wed, 23 October 2013, 02:17:19 »
(Attachment Link)
Nah bro, Duke Nukem Forever II best looking of all tiem

Ermm... Wolfenstein 3D was actually pretty good for it's time. As was the original, but that was on Apple II:

Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.