Author Topic: never forget: nov 9, 2019  (Read 3041 times)

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
never forget: nov 9, 2019
« on: Tue, 12 May 2020, 23:17:02 »

on the night of nov 9, 2019, there were the most users on geekhack ever.

remember that day when.. uh.  wtf happened that day?  cc wasn't around, and i can't remember any big custom board GB or ETF sale.

maybe it was a new tp post.
« Last Edit: Wed, 13 May 2020, 05:43:06 by naasfu »
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
Re: never forget: 11/09/2019
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 02:00:45 »
I can't remember any defining GH Nov '19 moments, maybe an influx from another site?

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 05:29:08 »
I thought this was a Twin Towers thread xD . USE USEFUL DATE INDICATIONS PLS AMERICA
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 05:39:32 »
Wonder what I missed, was asleep then :(
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
Re: never forget: nov 9, 2019
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 05:46:49 »
I can't remember any defining GH Nov '19 moments, maybe an influx from another site?

yeah, i am stumped.  23k is a lot of people.  it might be just a bug with the forum.  the stats also show that dalesnail has 8 million posts:

I thought this was a Twin Towers thread xD . USE USEFUL DATE INDICATIONS PLS AMERICA

ah crap, i didn't mean to make a joke about 9/11.  i've updated the title.

personally i prefer dates in ISO 8601 format:  2020-09-11

Wonder what I missed, was asleep then :(

never sleep.
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

Online fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 08:00:01 »

personally i prefer dates in ISO 8601 format:  2020-09-11

This is the computer age. Any computer can keep dates in order for you (as for searching file names in a directory list) as 2020-11-09 or 20201109, otherwise somebody or some thing has to interpret or convert it somehow.
Cognitive distortions are patterns of thought, typically automatic and unconscious, that cause an inaccurate, negative view of situations, people, and/or events. These include things like jumping to conclusions; black-and-white thinking; negative mental filtering; overgeneralizing; mindreading (incorrectly believing we know what others are thinking, what their motives are); and emotional reasoning (believing that if we are feeling something, or if what we are thinking is associated with a strong emotion, it must be true).
- Scott Jansenn 2024-04-07

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 08:35:33 »
Checked to see if I had any purchases around that time that could've been important, but nothing that would attract that many people to the forums.

:confused:

Offline DALExSNAIL

• The User Formerly Known as 'Formerly DudeSnail'
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 08:53:21 »

yeah, i am stumped.  23k is a lot of people.  it might be just a bug with the forum.  the stats also show that dalesnail has 8 million posts:

Show Image

:eyes:

:dafoe:

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 08:59:07 »
Prolly google bot promoted the site. or some other social media outlet.

Offline HomestylePY

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 09:55:04 »
just happy to be here

Online fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 09:59:57 »

dalesnail has 8 million posts

Those posts are not reliable. I have been up to about 5K-8K more than once and suddenly got reset to somewhere between zero and 1/3 of my previous count.

It was understandable with r00tw0rm and then again a few years ago when the entire underlying structure was re-jiggered, but I look at those counts as somewhat random.

Cognitive distortions are patterns of thought, typically automatic and unconscious, that cause an inaccurate, negative view of situations, people, and/or events. These include things like jumping to conclusions; black-and-white thinking; negative mental filtering; overgeneralizing; mindreading (incorrectly believing we know what others are thinking, what their motives are); and emotional reasoning (believing that if we are feeling something, or if what we are thinking is associated with a strong emotion, it must be true).

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 10:45:18 »
ALSO,  OT posts should be included in Post Count.. !!

Offline 1391401

• MX CLEAR
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 11:00:29 »
ripster was scraping the site IIRC
People I've given money to from this webform who never respond to me and have not shipped me anything: ctrlalt.io 1 2, Team Readline Reputable alternatives to GH group buys: http://pimpmykeyboard.com, https://www.massdrop.com,

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 11:05:25 »

Show Image

counting the pages of your profile posts, you've made ~43,200 posts

solid effort

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 11:10:14 »

Show Image

counting the pages of your profile posts, you've made ~43,200 posts

solid effort

Offline DALExSNAIL

• The User Formerly Known as 'Formerly DudeSnail'
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 13:13:17 »

Those posts are not reliable. I have been up to about 5K-8K more than once and suddenly got reset to somewhere between zero and 1/3 of my previous count.

It was understandable with r00tw0rm and then again a few years ago when the entire underlying structure was re-jiggered, but I look at those counts as somewhat random.

Slander, all legit!

Online fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 13:53:39 »

Those posts are not reliable.

Slander, all legit!

Maybe Dale Snail has figured a way to siphon off everyone else's posts into his own tally.

Offline iri

« Reply #17 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 14:10:39 »
Maybe they stopped counting the Offtopic posts towards your total count?
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Online fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #18 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 14:33:54 »

They did make that change at some point a few years ago.

Offline iri

« Reply #19 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 14:42:47 »
USE USEFUL DATE INDICATIONS PLS AMERICA
HAHAHA NO

(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Online fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #20 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 15:00:35 »
I know

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #21 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 18:32:04 »

They did make that change at some point a few years ago.

yeah off topic and i think the artisan/vendor sections don't count.

lul so tp would probably be the top poster if off topic counted? that is a shame.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #22 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 18:36:28 »

yeah off topic and i think the artisan/vendor sections don't count.

lul so tp would probably be the top poster if off topic counted?

OT SHOULD COUNT...