Author Topic: Cherry Switch Tester Holiday Tour 2011!  (Read 92877 times)

Offline litster

• rare caps?! THAT'S A SMILIN
Cherry Switch Tester Holiday Tour 2011!
« Reply #200 on: Tue, 22 November 2011, 13:38:15 »
Quote from: Mr. Perfect;457533
Hey, you've got almost every color too. Which grey is that? The linear, or the tactile?

I actually don't know.  There are probably not enough grey or green orders to keep them in the group buy.  At that low quantity you may as well order them from mouser directly.  We will see.

Offline Retox

« Reply #201 on: Tue, 22 November 2011, 14:04:40 »
Quote from: hashbaz;456486
Where do you live?

Chester, New Jersey
QFR with ergo clears

Offline RogueThunder

« Reply #202 on: Tue, 22 November 2011, 18:17:43 »
litster's keypad arrived to me today (XD It barely hopped on a pair of USPS trucks I imagine.)

Two items I'm curious about though:

Edit 2: Finally found listers thread. XD Ok now I know which are which.
      One... Which switches are which? I can tell the reds/green/blues. And I suppose I can guess the grey. (Also ICK on the blues and green. They would drive me mad! That ~sound~.)

Edit: Oh. Apparently(from what I can tell) the testers(or at-least this one) don't function when hooked up? Hence no point in a cable? Just tried plugging in the poor thing and le-nuthin... Too bad, being able to try the response of them woulda been nice. Still awesome to get to feel these buggers, and hear them. Well. Except the blues and green. That sound...
Also. No strikeout on these forums. Augh.
      Two... It didn't arrive with a cable. I'll be tossing in a spare I have had laying around a long while... But USB-A to USB-A isn't exactly something everyone has.

Offline litster

« Reply #203 on: Tue, 22 November 2011, 19:45:27 »
I answered RogueThunder's PM, but I will cover it here as well.  The tester is electronically working.  I just removed the cable to make more room for packing and shipping. I opened  up the tester to unplug the cable from the PCB.  The connector on the PCB is not a regular, mini, or micro USB connector.  I don't what you mean by "tried plugging in the poor thing", but no cable would work if you didn't open up the tester's case, and please don't open it :-)

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #204 on: Tue, 22 November 2011, 19:54:17 »
Looking for Clear Stems I was hoping that since you made this you would have some extras.

Offline RogueThunder

« Reply #205 on: Tue, 22 November 2011, 19:58:12 »
Quote from: litster;457888
I answered RogueThunder's PM, but I will cover it here as well.  The tester is electronically working.  I just removed the cable to make more room for packing and shipping. I opened  up the tester to unplug the cable from the PCB.  The connector on the PCB is not a regular, mini, or micro USB connector.  I don't what you mean by "tried plugging in the poor thing", but no cable would work if you didn't open up the tester's case, and please don't open it :-)
I was figuring it used the ports on the side. Seen some odd numpads that do that. I now know those are a hub--with a horrible low power supply. (Was thinking it might be deisgned a bit like the old mac keyboards where you could connect it with either port and chain things in with the other)
Too bad ya needed to take the cable off to pack it well... Oh well. It *has* shown me which I like better. More to come.

^.^' Don't worry, I wont open 'er up. Tho that picture is awesome. >.> and I actually recognize that connector(tho not by name). Its pretty common for such uses.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #206 on: Tue, 22 November 2011, 20:01:18 »
Quote from: TheProfosist;457894
Looking for Clear Stems I was hoping that since you made this you would have some extras.

Biniaris might have some clears still.  I got mine from him.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #207 on: Tue, 22 November 2011, 20:03:05 »
Quote from: hashbaz;457900
Biniaris might have some clears still.  I got mine from him.
PMed him sadly hes cleaned out but I am getting new switch housings from him.

Offline Quarzac

• A very busy dude!
  • Still around, sometimes.
« Reply #208 on: Tue, 22 November 2011, 20:42:19 »
Hashbaz, I have no idea how you managed to package this thing. I saved the bubble wrap you used, but attempting to wrap the thing up and fit it in a small flat-rate box has made me absolutely irate. How in the world did you do it?
Risen from the dead for a model F.

Wyse buy colors were GSY for the dark grey, GBA for the light grey, and BBI for the fonts.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #209 on: Tue, 22 November 2011, 20:49:07 »
I believe I wrapped the bubble wrap around the long edges, leaving a bunch of extra at the top and bottom of the numpad, then rolled (not folded) the extra to form pads to keep it centered in the box.

Offline Quarzac

• A very busy dude!
  • Still around, sometimes.
« Reply #210 on: Tue, 22 November 2011, 20:53:23 »
Quote from: hashbaz;457934
I believe I wrapped the bubble wrap around the long edges, leaving a bunch of extra at the top and bottom of the numpad, then rolled (not folded) the extra to form pads to keep it centered in the box.
Yeah, once I calmed down and attacked it again, I got it. The trick was to assemble the box around the tester, whereas I usually assemble the box and then put things in it. Thanks. On a side note, I may have done some rough division on the back of the paper with the switch layout on it. I threw it in my desk drawer when I got it and didn't realize until it was too late that I wrote on it. Sorry about that. It's been a stressful week or so.
Risen from the dead for a model F.

Wyse buy colors were GSY for the dark grey, GBA for the light grey, and BBI for the fonts.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #211 on: Tue, 22 November 2011, 21:43:48 »
Heh no problem.

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #212 on: Tue, 22 November 2011, 21:50:32 »
Wait.. so guys, please let me know when it's in L.A. so I can try and be there. =D
Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline Mr. Perfect

« Reply #213 on: Tue, 22 November 2011, 23:11:54 »
Any chance of getting a green switch on the East Coast board sometime? Those switches are kind of mysterious, would love to try one.

Quote from: ripster;457536
Ships with black.  VERY cheap construction though.  No stabilizers on large keys.  A plate made of cardboard.[/ATTACH]

Wow, that's pretty sad quality. Guess it's not really a steal at $15, just getting what you pay for.
Mr. Perfect - A name fraught with peril.

G80-8113HRBUS MX Clears, FC200R MX Clears, RK-9000v2 MX Blues.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #214 on: Tue, 22 November 2011, 23:51:55 »
Quote from: Mr. Perfect;458029
Any chance of getting a green switch on the East Coast board sometime? Those switches are kind of mysterious, would love to try one.

So the East Coast tour is already pretty big and I've had a couple of others interested.  Unless you live really close to someone who's already on the list I think we'd better just do a second round East Coast tour later on.  I think litster is planning on hitting the Canadians next with his, so I'll be free to do the late US sign-ups.

Maybe I'm paranoid but I don't like the idea of this thing circulating for months at a time.  I'd rather keep the tours tight and short so I can examine the numpad periodically.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #215 on: Wed, 23 November 2011, 00:33:30 »
Added travelling numpad pics to the OP.  Kinda wishing I had reserved the first comment for this purpose.

Offline Mr. Perfect

« Reply #216 on: Wed, 23 November 2011, 08:43:08 »
No problem, I figured the list was closed up once it shipped out. I was just wondering if you'd be adding a green switch to it, like the West Coast one has. It would be nice to try one of those sometime.
Mr. Perfect - A name fraught with peril.

G80-8113HRBUS MX Clears, FC200R MX Clears, RK-9000v2 MX Blues.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #217 on: Wed, 23 November 2011, 15:30:07 »
Quote from: Mr. Perfect;458229
No problem, I figured the list was closed up once it shipped out. I was just wondering if you'd be adding a green switch to it, like the West Coast one has. It would be nice to try one of those sometime.

I'd be happy to add a green if I had one.  I could add a linear and a tactile grey.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #218 on: Wed, 23 November 2011, 15:51:29 »
Quote from: hashbaz;458395
I'd be happy to add a green if I had one.  I could add a linear and a tactile grey.
I might be getting some green switches of PCBs that I am getting for the springs I dont need those so they will be left intact.

Offline dewcorps

« Reply #219 on: Fri, 25 November 2011, 09:55:57 »
Do we have any update on the status of the East coast tester?

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #220 on: Fri, 25 November 2011, 14:50:06 »
I imagine (hope) that tsangan has it by now.  Quarzac mentioned packing it up a while back.  I'll PM to verify.

edit: Quarzac says he shipped it to tsangan on Wednesday.
« Last Edit: Fri, 25 November 2011, 15:00:32 by hashbaz »

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #221 on: Fri, 25 November 2011, 16:48:25 »
Just got in the tester as I stepped through the door today :)

Initial impression:
Brown - Sticky keys!!!! I don't especially enjoy the tactility bump on the brown compared to the blue, feels sticky when pressing down and also again when releasing.
Blue - Now I see the difference of a PCB mounted blues and a plate mounted blue, this is definitely a lot more solid. Great feedback, nice and smooth, I like this switch even more now.
Black - WOW, huge surprise here hasbaz! Thank you so much for doing this, I probably wouldn't ever touch a black switch since in my head I believe they are too heavy but because the switch is linear the stiffer spring actually makes it easier to touch type without bottoming out. With that said I still believe that I would get fatigue after typing on this switch for a long period of time, but this completely changed my outlook on heavy switches (makes me want to try a 55g topre now too argh :|)
Red - smooth as usual, don't see much difference between PCB and plate mounted. I love it just as much.
Clears - So stiff, and so sticky lol I really don't enjoy the feeling of the key when pressing down and when releasing, feels like the keyboard has had coke spilled on it.
Ergo clears - if clears was like a keyboard with coke spilled on it, then ergo clears is like a old rubberdome keyboard with coke spilled on it and it didnt get cleaned up properly, it feels mushy and sticky, definitely was expecting myself to like this a whole lot more, I am very glad I didn't jump on the ergo train like a lot of people did.

Overall impression: Was wonderful to be able to try each switch side by side, was really surprise of the results with me liking the black and hating the ergo clears goes to show you can't just believe what everyone tells you haha

Winner - Black
Loser - Ergo Clear

Pics:
Come join the family for a pic :)
[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 32953[/ATTACH]

My favourite input method on the computer meets my favourite writting method
[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 32954[/ATTACH]

Orgy
[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 32955[/ATTACH]

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 32956[/ATTACH]

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 32957[/ATTACH]

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 32958[/ATTACH]

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 32959[/ATTACH]
Keyboardless

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #222 on: Fri, 25 November 2011, 17:00:33 »
I love the recursion.

Good review, Tsangan. Now I'm not so sure about clears :o

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #223 on: Fri, 25 November 2011, 17:04:53 »
Quote from: dorkvader;459049
I love the recursion.

Good review, Tsangan. Now I'm not so sure about clears :o
Thank you :)

You like your brown's though, so I think you will have a different opinion then me on the clears
Keyboardless

Offline litster

« Reply #224 on: Fri, 25 November 2011, 18:03:25 »
Have people been submitting iTrader feedback?

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #225 on: Fri, 25 November 2011, 18:46:42 »
Yeah please leave each other iTrader feedback, even if it's negative.  Hopefully everyone here will pack well and keep to the schedule.  Being part of a borrowing chain is a transaction just like buying and selling.

Offline RogueThunder

Mmmm. Delicous Cherries.
« Reply #226 on: Fri, 25 November 2011, 23:43:50 »
SO! Sorry this is so late tonight. I'm a bit of a night person. The tester is on its way to bienc, the tracking number is 0310 2010 0002 0954 8285 ( 03102010000209548285 ). Actually went in about 4pm... I've just been away from my computer till now.

As for other matters :3

Here is listers tester hanging out with some of my other more interesting electronics. The laptop is a Toshiba Libretto L5(A 2003 ultralight that was sold in Japan only. Pretty much works like a netbook now XD... Gets 3hrs on a tiny 3cell battery! Not bad for 2003.), the mouse is a Logitech G700... The keyboard my old failing logitech keyboard.

And here's the Libretto L5 and the numpad hanging out... The Libretto really wishes the numpad could help it play that game of Angband better. XD The twokinda fit together too, both being the same depth and about the same height... Well. If not for the power adapter, who needs electricity anyway.

Aaaand... also, my thoughts on the the various switches.
Reds - Light touch, nice feel. Probably my preference. Though I think ML's which are similar with less travel might be even nicer. I imagine most folks have issues bottoming these and browns out tho. Pretty much, I can see why some people like these for gaming.
Black - A little firm, nice feel tho. Feel fatiguing tho.
Brown - Light touch, the tactile point though irritates me a bit since it bounces the keyheight from one side to the other of it.
Ergo Clear - Brown with more kick? Check, only better. Actually feels like a better--smoother--tactile point than brown... Smoother AND more distinct. Nifty. Difference of the tactile mechanism doing this? Nice mid firmness, tho I liked the reds better.
Clear - Firmer ergos, or well, ergos are lighter these really XD... Pretty much same opinion as ergo clear
Tacto Black - Jebus, I feel the feedback more than in the brown... though it feels better with the higher force. Too firm though.
Blue and Green - AUGH! That click hurts my ears. Too high pitch. Tho the firmness of the green is probably perfect for a spacebar. The green seems oddly raised a noticeable amount... Not sure if its the stem or cap tho.
Grey - No clicky!... but almost too firm even for a spacebar or enter key if its performance on this small key is any sign. Oh dear. This key has MONSTROUS force sir.
A few other comments... The tester would have been nice to be able to actually see the response on a computer. Most of us that don't have mechanicals are used to very late actual response down a key-press... Being able to test the difference would make these testers all the better. Still awesome and many thanks to both litster and hashbaz!

Edit: How does one leave iTrader feedback anyway. And sorry for the image quality, my only camera is on my barphone xD... even if it is "3MP" its... Prone to odd colors. And grainyness. Oh god the grainyness.

Offline Skoobs

« Reply #227 on: Sat, 26 November 2011, 03:58:21 »
it would be nice to be able to plug it in, but i dont see a point unless we are able to actually type on it. three keys is not enough in my opinion.

its about as much help as me saying "they all have 2mm actuation points"

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #228 on: Sat, 26 November 2011, 09:16:03 »
Sent out this morning

USPS Tracking
Keyboardless

Offline litster

« Reply #229 on: Sat, 26 November 2011, 12:15:11 »
Quote from: litster;453042
I would like people to submit iTrader feedback for the person sending the tester to you, respond to iTrader feedback that other people submit for you, and to the tester owner :-).  There is no money involved, but trust will be built.  It would be good to have that on record, especially for new forum members with no or low number of iTrader feedback.
To submit feedback, look for the person's name on this thread, click on the name, click "View Profile".  On the profile page, click the "Feedback Score" tab on the top of the page.  Then click the "Submit Feedback for ............" link to sumbit feedback.When you receive the numpad safely and on time, submit a positive feedback to the person who sent your the numpad and the numpad owner.  When you receive a positive feedback after you sent the numpad out (you get a PM about that), return the favor by submitting a positive feedback back to the person who just sent you a positive feedback.  If everything goes well, everyone should get 3 positive feedback submission.  That you help build up your iTrader rep here for future transaction.

Offline RogueThunder

« Reply #230 on: Sat, 26 November 2011, 18:22:25 »
Hmmm. Well. I get this trying to submit feedback:
RogueThunder, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
... I'm clearly logged in. (And this is my 11th post. XD So if there was some 10 post newbie threashold...)

Offline litster

« Reply #231 on: Sat, 26 November 2011, 18:38:46 »
To get over the threashold, there is a thread in Ripster's subforum where you can keep posting until you hit the limit.  :-)

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #232 on: Sat, 26 November 2011, 19:12:29 »
I think the link-posting limit is 15 posts.  Probably the same for iTrader.

Offline bienc

« Reply #233 on: Mon, 28 November 2011, 20:52:03 »
I have received the Lister's tester from RogueThunder! Very excited to finally see what all these switches feel like. I will play around with it and put up a review tonight/tomorrow night. My pictures will be kind of lame, the place I wanted to go to is not open after I get off of work on the weekdays (6PM), and seeing as I only have this for 3 days, I can't go on the weekend.

For those of you that are curious, I was going to try my best to top the vintage keyboards/computer pictures by bringing the tester to the Automobile Museum we have here in Reno. The car I had my eye on for the picture? 24K Gold Delorean, only 1 of 3 ever made. I'm more than a little disappointed that I could get that shot, so I'll try to come up with something.
| Rosewill RK-9000RE |

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #234 on: Mon, 28 November 2011, 21:01:40 »
Quote from: bienc;460352
I have received the Lister's tester from RogueThunder! Very excited to finally see what all these switches feel like. I will play around with it and put up a review tonight/tomorrow night. My pictures will be kind of lame, the place I wanted to go to is not open after I get off of work on the weekdays (6PM), and seeing as I only have this for 3 days, I can't go on the weekend.

For those of you that are curious, I was going to try my best to top the vintage keyboards/computer pictures by bringing the tester to the Automobile Museum we have here in Reno. The car I had my eye on for the picture? 24K Gold Delorean, only 1 of 3 ever made. I'm more than a little disappointed that I could get that shot, so I'll try to come up with something.

Damn.  That picture would almost be worth waiting til the weekend for...

Offline bienc

« Reply #235 on: Mon, 28 November 2011, 21:04:44 »
Quote from: hashbaz;460359
Damn.  That picture would almost be worth waiting til the weekend for...

I'm sure Reptile wouldn't like the wait though ;D.
| Rosewill RK-9000RE |

Offline falerus

« Reply #236 on: Mon, 28 November 2011, 21:40:44 »
Quote from: bienc;460352

Lunch break!

Offline bienc

« Reply #237 on: Mon, 28 November 2011, 21:45:36 »
Quote from: falerus;460394
Lunch break!

I was thinking this, but the Museum is about 10-15 minutes away from work, have to park and walk/find it, pay $10 to get in, then go back to work. I don't want to spend $10 for 2 minutes in an awesome museum. Maybe I'll go on the weekend anyway and snap a picture for you guys.
| Rosewill RK-9000RE |

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #238 on: Mon, 28 November 2011, 22:33:47 »
Quote from: bienc;460402
I was thinking this, but the Museum is about 10-15 minutes away from work, have to park and walk/find it, pay $10 to get in, then go back to work. I don't want to spend $10 for 2 minutes in an awesome museum. Maybe I'll go on the weekend anyway and snap a picture for you guys.

We can photoshop the tester in later. ;)

Offline Reptile

« Reply #239 on: Mon, 28 November 2011, 23:04:28 »
That picture would be awesome go for it
Home:Realforce 87UB 55g
Work:Leopold FC700R Ergo Clears

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #240 on: Mon, 28 November 2011, 23:23:45 »
Mine was delivered to brsp25 yesterday around 3pm according to USPS
Keyboardless

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #241 on: Tue, 29 November 2011, 00:45:40 »
brsp25 PM'd me that he has the tester but is unable to post.  He'll have it in the mail to dewcorps no later than Thursday.

Offline bienc

« Reply #242 on: Tue, 29 November 2011, 01:38:40 »
So I just remembered I'm flying out of town this weekend so no Delorean picture. I promise I'll get it though.
| Rosewill RK-9000RE |

Offline bienc

« Reply #243 on: Wed, 30 November 2011, 20:52:45 »
Sorry for the lateness of this review, I have just been busy and tired. I do not have any pictures, but I am adamant about getting a picture with that Gold Delorean so if you guys can wait a week or so, I will have pictures of some sweet cars.

On to the review!

So my initial thoughts before ever touching the tester were that I'd like Blues and Browns. I got a chance to test Blues before the tester on a Razer BlackWidow that was at Best Buy. Seemed a little wobbly but they were only the arrow keys. I also thought that since the bump on the Browns would be subtle, I'd like the Clears, especially the Ergo Clears more.

Here are my favorites in order of which one I liked the most to least:

Reds: I was surprised on how much I liked the feel of them. I would have thought that having a tactile bump would be super important for me but the Reds felt amazing. I am considering buying a Leopold with Reds for an office keyboard, Blues might be too loud.
Blues: I love the click-y sound and the over-all feel of the Blues. I feel like they're very responsive and would be amazing for typing. It was a shame there weren't more on the board so I can get a sense of type feel. I found myself gravitating toward them when playing with the board. I think they're tied/a very close second to the Reds. I would buy a keyboard with Blues for home-use for sure.
Browns: The Browns were a bit of a disappointment for me. I thought I'd like them, but I knew their tactile bump was very subtle. I had to REALLY concentrate to actually feel them. They felt like Reds but not as smooth due to, of course, the bump. They are very light to the touch and I wouldn't mind typing on them, but do not think I would purchase a keyboard with Browns.
Blacks: Very smooth key travel and I liked them, but they felt very mushy due to the resistance on them. I much prefer Reds to these, the force is a bit too much for me.
Clears & Ergo Clears: I wouldn't say that I hated clears, but they felt terrible for me. I thought clears would be my best bet before I touched them, but spending some time with them, they feel... ugly. The bump is way too pronounced for my liking and, especially with the Ergos, it feels like there's something stuck in the key that you're trying to push down on. The up movement of the key doesn't feel great to me. Really disappointed with them. The regular Clears felt mushy as well, like the blacks.

Green & Gray: The Green was nice, a bit more tough than the Blue and like someone said here, would make a great Spacebar. The Grays felt like the clears to me and I didn't like it much at all.

Again I apologize for the lack of photos, I will have some soon. Thank you hashbaz and litster for making this happen! I will be sending out the tester tomorrow.
| Rosewill RK-9000RE |

Offline litster

« Reply #244 on: Wed, 30 November 2011, 22:50:02 »
Thanks for the review.  It is good to see how different people like different switches.  Keep in mind that the tester is still not a perfect way to test switches.  It is a great start though.  The ultimate test, of course, is to actually type a lot of text with both hands on a real keyboard.

Offline bienc

« Reply #245 on: Thu, 01 December 2011, 16:42:55 »
Just sent to Reptile - Tracking: 9505 5000 2569 1335 0001 61

Thanks again, guys!
| Rosewill RK-9000RE |

Offline dorkvader

« Reply #246 on: Fri, 02 December 2011, 00:22:35 »
Quote from: RogueThunder;459122
The Libretto really wishes the numpad could help it play that game of Angband better. XD

Hooray for Angband! You have excellent gaming tastes. Thanks for the review also.

Offline Recoome

« Reply #247 on: Fri, 02 December 2011, 02:14:27 »
Man I wish i had seen this before I ordered my keyboard lol.  Amazing idea to make one of these.  I still probably wouldn't mind trying it out sometime down the road anyway.

I get my brown board later today anyway so I'll at least have an idea about one switch.  But I'm sure it helps to have something to compare it to other than just my rubber dome.

Offline dorkvader

« Reply #248 on: Fri, 02 December 2011, 10:03:26 »
Quote from: Recoome;462630
Man I wish i had seen this before I ordered my keyboard lol.  Amazing idea to make one of these.  I still probably wouldn't mind trying it out sometime down the road anyway.

I get my brown board later today anyway so I'll at least have an idea about one switch.  But I'm sure it helps to have something to compare it to other than just my rubber dome.

Same here, I really want to try clears before ordering them for my phantom, but I guess I'll just have to be lucky.

Offline RogueThunder

« Reply #249 on: Fri, 02 December 2011, 23:16:13 »
Quote from: dorkvader;462582
Hooray for Angband! You have excellent gaming tastes. Thanks for the review also.
^.^' Angband was one of my first games, right after Civilization 1 (another game that *really* required a numpad, as the mouse support was so-so.)
Man, I miss Pernband. It became TOMENET after the publisher for the Pern books threw a tizzyfit. Pity that. Just hasn't been the same since tho.