Author Topic: Topre rubber dome stiffening  (Read 61270 times)

Offline Danule

• ###
Re: Topre rubber dome stiffening
« Reply #150 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 17:16:08 »
Anyone else notice that topre switches are noticeably stiffer when colder?  In the morning my keyboard is much more tactile and stiff than after typing on it for half an hour.

Rubber becomes stiffer when warmer.  Maybe your fingers are stiffer when colder :P

I dont think rubber works that way.
45g Brown Brown Blue

Offline PointyFox

« Reply #151 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 17:18:04 »
Anyone else notice that topre switches are noticeably stiffer when colder?  In the morning my keyboard is much more tactile and stiff than after typing on it for half an hour.

Rubber becomes stiffer when warmer.  Maybe your fingers are stiffer when colder :P

http://www.doitpoms.ac.uk/tlplib/stiffness-of-rubber/contraction2.php

Offline Danule

• ###
« Reply #152 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 17:27:28 »

Cool i did not know that :)
45g Brown Brown Blue

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #153 on: Sat, 19 October 2013, 00:59:39 »

I know my hands are noticeably stiffer in the cold.  My hands tend to get cold first, so as long as I keep them warm I am fine.  However when I have cold hands, my typing speed and accuracy drops noticeably.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline mrflow3r

• T
« Reply #154 on: Fri, 25 October 2013, 01:16:18 »
Does anyone know if the rubber domes are replaceable at all? If so, who sells them?

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #155 on: Fri, 25 October 2013, 03:16:10 »

Except it is not rubber.

Offline PointyFox

« Reply #156 on: Fri, 25 October 2013, 04:46:02 »

Except it is not rubber.

You dare doubt the Oneness of the Cup Rubber?!?  :eek:

Offline terran5992

• One With The Cup Rubber
« Reply #157 on: Fri, 25 October 2013, 04:50:12 »

Except it is not rubber.

You dare doubt the Oneness of the Cup Rubber?!?  :eek:

You dont question the Cup Rubber God

Listokei Custom  |  HHKB Pro 2  |  Topre Realforce 103UBH  |  Armageddon MKA-3

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #158 on: Fri, 25 October 2013, 11:25:19 »
After reading some things from earlier, all I can say is thank god for banning Ripster. Racist, anal about people questioning him, downright stubborn as a smurf.
Quickfire TK MX Blue Corsair K60 MX Red Ducky Shine 3 Yellow TKL MX Blue Leopold FC660C
Current best: 162 wpm.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #159 on: Fri, 25 October 2013, 11:35:20 »
After reading some things from earlier, all I can say is thank god for banning Ripster. Racist, anal about people questioning him, downright stubborn as a smurf.

Ripster was racist?

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #160 on: Fri, 25 October 2013, 12:53:19 »
Quote from: ripster;564162
Geekhack is now 99% Asian or are weeaboos and/or keyaboos.

Yeah well, that was the FIRST time I used the RipOmeter so it makes sense my methodology 2 years ago wasn't as refined.

Anyway I'm right and you're wrong.  Just ask all the people that have done Ghetto Reds and other spring swaps.

Yeah.
Quickfire TK MX Blue Corsair K60 MX Red Ducky Shine 3 Yellow TKL MX Blue Leopold FC660C
Current best: 162 wpm.

Offline AuRinBei

« Reply #161 on: Fri, 25 October 2013, 15:49:31 »
Geekhack is now 99% Asian or are weeaboos and/or keyaboos.

Yeah well, that was the FIRST time I used the RipOmeter so it makes sense my methodology 2 years ago wasn't as refined.

Anyway I'm right and you're wrong.  Just ask all the people that have done Ghetto Reds and other spring swaps.

Yeah.

Neither of those sound racist.
87u || Poker 2

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #162 on: Sat, 26 October 2013, 01:05:11 »
Every time someone references him in a post, a CC dies somewhere.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #163 on: Sat, 26 October 2013, 01:09:50 »

But that just gives people an excuse to charge even more ridiculous and exorbitant prices for them.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #164 on: Sat, 26 October 2013, 02:37:25 »

But that just gives people an excuse to charge even more ridiculous and exorbitant prices for them.

Sadly it seems that people do not need an excuse to charge more.