Author Topic: Bombproof Builders Desk.....Build  (Read 26965 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: Bombproof Builders Desk.....Build
« Reply #100 on: Fri, 10 April 2015, 20:39:33 »
hahaha..  radeon 6950.. good times good times..

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #101 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 08:14:38 »

Just took mine out of my old build and sent it to Dorkvader. I miss it :(
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #102 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 09:41:53 »

Just took mine out of my old build and sent it to Dorkvader. I miss it :(

Hrmmmm... I think it was deus ex human revolution was the premiere game at the time.. hahaha.. good ol' days.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #103 on: Sun, 19 April 2015, 02:05:03 »
"good ol' days?"

damn you guys are young... in my mind the "good ol' days" are back when 16MB VRAM was cutting edge. Voodoo 2/3 and GeForce 256.

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #104 on: Sun, 19 April 2015, 03:30:09 »
Thanks for the necro man Spamray; I get to see and learn things I didn't know existed on geekhack.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #105 on: Wed, 20 May 2015, 08:59:40 »
Get all the way to the end hoping to see finished desk pictures and nothing..... :-\

But thanks to OP for some ideas, I'm thinking about building a desk for my new 'home office'.

And now, because you bumped it, I did the same thing lolololol.  You dirty rat.  :p
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #106 on: Wed, 20 May 2015, 17:26:18 »
"good ol' days?"

damn you guys are young... in my mind the "good ol' days" are back when 16MB VRAM was cutting edge. Voodoo 2/3 and GeForce 256.

What's all this talk of dedicated VRAM about then?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #107 on: Wed, 20 May 2015, 17:34:48 »
"good ol' days?"

What's all this talk of dedicated VRAM about then?

My earliest card that didn't come with the pc was voodoo 3.

But overall,  I wasn't SUPER addicted to video games YET..

It was still a time where, riding my bicycle and going outside on roller blades was an OPTION..

Whereas by the 6950 times,,  There was only 1 way of life.

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #108 on: Wed, 20 May 2015, 17:41:55 »
Heck yeah, the necro was worth it!!! I'm about to get on that cupholder set up!!!
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #109 on: Wed, 20 May 2015, 18:59:00 »
OP hasn't even signed in for more than two years :eek:

I hope he didn't suffer a fatal desk-related accident!

"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ