Author Topic: Quickfire brown - problem ?  (Read 1302 times)

Offline xyril

• Youtube Channel (full of typing and gaming vods)
Quickfire brown - problem ?
« on: Mon, 24 December 2012, 16:51:59 »
Hey i just own this keyboard "Quickfire Rapid" Brown (TKL)   for almost a month or two.

Came out of the box, it was perfect . Keys feels smooth and lil bumpy. But now I can start to feel that  the keys is abit harder to press ......  my blues are not so   stiffs compare to this.

whats the problem :( ... how can i fix it? Also the spacebar is like jigger.

sry for mah english . 3rd language .

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
Re: Quickfire brown - problem ?
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 24 December 2012, 16:59:32 »
Ehhhhhhh have you spill anything over your keyboard by any chance?  Because I can't think of any reason why the key will become more stiff.  Is it just 1 key or a lot of keys?

Also what do you mean that spacebar is like "jigger"?

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline xyril

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 24 December 2012, 17:17:50 »
space bar rattle . sry

No i dont spill anything like water. I think my rice (hmmm) . i should able to clean it up dont i ?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 24 December 2012, 17:35:32 »
LOL.. Jigger......

If your space bar is Bent very badly, "mega-Jiggers",  then try the Hair dryer method to straighten it a bit...

Lube usually doesn't help if the jigger is caused by flatness.

HAHAHA.. jigger...

Offline xyril

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 24 December 2012, 20:00:14 »
so to clean the keyboard. i need to take the keycaps and clean the keyboard lol?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 24 December 2012, 20:33:31 »
so to clean the keyboard. i need to take the keycaps and clean the keyboard lol?

um... take the cap off,  press the stem down, and spray the inside at multiple angles with compressed air..

If that doesn't do it, You really have to de-solder and replace the switch.. you cannot open the key switch because on this keyboard it's plate mounted.

Plate mounting provides for greater stability, but is difficult to work with.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 25 December 2012, 19:07:51 »
Is it all keys or just some keys feel stiffer?

Shouldn't really happen.  And if it does happen gradually, you would be unlikely to notice (unless you switch between other keyboards with similar switches).

Perhaps it is just finger fatigue?  Maybe just use it as normal for a few more days and see if it gets back to normal.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 25 December 2012, 19:17:31 »
Is it all keys or just some keys feel stiffer?

Shouldn't really happen.  And if it does happen gradually, you would be unlikely to notice (unless you switch between other keyboards with similar switches).

Perhaps it is just finger fatigue?  Maybe just use it as normal for a few more days and see if it gets back to normal.

;D you're just making stuff up now..

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 25 December 2012, 21:06:47 »
Ssshhh...
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ