Author Topic: Macbook Air users:  (Read 8752 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: Macbook Air users:
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 28 January 2013, 03:15:53 »
You buy mac cuz it looks good, and apparently GIRLS at school look at your laptop and judge you..

I asked a few, and this is how it goes down..

If it's a macbook, they consider you..

If it's anything else, they consider something else about you that's worthwhile. "this leap" may not turn out as well, for example, say you're ugly...  :))

This is the same situation as expensive cars...  :D

straighforward..

Offline KangarooZombies

• HHKB Pro
  • ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
« Reply #51 on: Mon, 28 January 2013, 03:29:39 »
Settled on the air. I like it a lot so far, it does look great. I'm sure I will develop more opinons of it the more i use it, only had it a day or so as of now.
Having a bad day?
QFR/Pure/FC660C(45G)/HHKB Pro 2(45G)/RF 87U (55G)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #52 on: Mon, 28 January 2013, 03:30:57 »
Settled on the air. I like it a lot so far, it does look great. I'm sure I will develop more opinons of it the more i use it, only had it a day or so as of now.

I see you're in California,   had I saw that first... My response would've been,   You don't have a choice, unless you want people to think you're poor.

Offline KangarooZombies

• HHKB Pro
  • ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
« Reply #53 on: Mon, 28 January 2013, 03:47:12 »

I see you're in California,   had I saw that first... My response would've been,   You don't have a choice, unless you want people to think you're poor.
You sound like you need a hug.
Having a bad day?
QFR/Pure/FC660C(45G)/HHKB Pro 2(45G)/RF 87U (55G)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #54 on: Mon, 28 January 2013, 04:43:47 »

You sound like you need a hug.

Haha... I live in NJ.. and I haven't used laptops since graduation, because I can't get anything done on wifi, the latency pisses me off.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #55 on: Mon, 28 January 2013, 10:51:59 »
Haha... I live in NJ..

So much makes sense now.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #56 on: Tue, 29 January 2013, 17:54:06 »
Haha... I live in NJ..

So much makes sense now.
new jersey, New York's stinky butthole.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Mandolin

• Crystal Connoisseur
  • * Maker
« Reply #57 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 04:45:31 »
The hinges break up easily... I'd choose a samsung ultrabook, or at last resort the macbook air 13".
Artisan keycap Maker
Working on
More
- Custom keycaps
- Artkeycaps V2 sale
- Due chihuahua and demoncat orders
- Boobiecaps
- Optic fiber embedded keycaps
- Others

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #58 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 05:39:09 »
At a similar pricelevel, more power, SSD and even lower weight than the Macbook Air 13" you could look at the Sony Vaio Z.
Refurbished models can be found in Sony's outlet for even less.

I myself currently have the Vaio S13P with sheet battery if you want a portable gaming machine that can last 10-12 hours with the sheet battery.
I did however swap out the harddisk for a SSD and added 4 GB of ram myself. Sony's upgrades can be horribly expensive.
how's the build quality on a sony? i've never heard good things about vaios other than their looks, and the one i owned was flimsy and had pretty awful hardware for linux (granted that's my choice but i still like to support companies that use better than bottom-of-the-barrel OEM parts).
The body itself is really rigid because of the magnesium. The lid is made of carbon fiber in my case and is really flexible. I don't really care though, it doesn't seem to hurt the laptop except for some imprints of the keys on my screen if I stuff it in there with the rest of my gear. But no real complaints even from other users of broken screens.
It's slim, light and can be very powerfull.
The separate graphics card is a dream and is  a little monster when bios modded to run at twice the speed. Shame Sony decided to lock that option and Sata 3 speeds in their Win 8 models.

The only letdown is the screen quality. It's mediocre but high resolution. Some brave souls have replaced the standard TN panel with a IPS one. Maybe I'll do that some day.

For some reason I feel like Sony makes laptops like PC-users want, but you need to be familiar and willing to tweak it a little bit for it to run perfectly. So it would not be a straight recommendation for anyone.
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread