Author Topic: Simple Questions, Simple Answers (FAQ in the OP)  (Read 3554451 times)

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
Re: Simple Questions, Simple Answers (FAQ in the OP)
« Reply #7050 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 20:49:02 »
What kind of stem is this?
58995-0
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #7051 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 20:54:41 »
(Attachment Link)

Is it from am SP crap bag?

I think it goes to a POS rubberdome.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #7052 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 20:59:11 »
(Attachment Link)

Correct
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #7053 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 21:00:23 »
(Attachment Link)

Sweet I've been wanting some of those  :p and yeah crap bag
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline wharrislv

« Reply #7054 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 23:58:52 »
Being that the demand for clacks is obviously through the roof since the resale value is 10-15x more than retail, is there some reason they're not made in higher numbers?  Is this a case of nintendo marketing, or is there some production issue that prevents them from being made in numbers to satisfy the market?  I'd love to have a bunch of them, but I'm not interested in the "market" and certainly would rather have an entire keyboard instead of a single keycap.  Same goes for brobots and other novelty caps.  I really want to get a few red topre and cherry MX caps to balance my red escapes and even to decorate my numpads, but it'd cost me thousands!
Current daily drivers : HHKB Pro 2, HHKB Lite in a server rack, A few Filco numpads in brown and blue, Pure Pro in Brown with Rainbow PBT, CM Ninja in Brown with white engaved PBTs, two Model Ms 89 and 91 with a few red esc, Ergodox full in clear with blanks, a jdcarpe built 40% awaiting some Round 6 keycaps, and soon a Gon custom.  Hundreds more on site at a mechanical friendly work site where I am the purchaser.  If it exists, I probably have used one!

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #7055 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 00:32:26 »
most novelty caps are created by individuals who are not there for profit. they produce small batches for us enthusiasts and themselves

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #7056 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 00:43:41 »
Being that the demand for clacks is obviously through the roof since the resale value is 10-15x more than retail, is there some reason they're not made in higher numbers?  Is this a case of nintendo marketing, or is there some production issue that prevents them from being made in numbers to satisfy the market?  I'd love to have a bunch of them, but I'm not interested in the "market" and certainly would rather have an entire keyboard instead of a single keycap.  Same goes for brobots and other novelty caps.  I really want to get a few red topre and cherry MX caps to balance my red escapes and even to decorate my numpads, but it'd cost me thousands!

Click Clack and Bro Caps are basically one man teams that make caps by hand. Therefor they couldn't possible produce enough caps to keep up with demand. Too many people want them.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline ajx

« Reply #7057 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 00:57:03 »

There recently was a post with somebody saying that people asked for a KBT Pure Replica from Vortex (basically a KBT Pure with PN layer and a plate I guess) because they were not happy with the Pure Pro, and they're out of stock pretty much everywhere now, which makes me conclude that they stopped producing them as soon as the Pure Pro came out or even earlier. Same for Poker X and Poker II.
I found only one available on Amazon uk
unfortunately in purple backlit

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #7058 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 01:19:58 »

Click Clack and Bro Caps are basically one man teams that make caps by hand. Therefor they couldn't possible produce enough caps to keep up with demand. Too many people want them.

CC has his small army of gnomes to help.

Bro Caps does it by himself, by all accounts.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
« Reply #7059 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 02:39:22 »
Should I use 0805 or 0603 smd resistors for my FaceW build?

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #7060 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 06:20:27 »

Also Binge works together with his grilfriend and nubs does everything himself I think.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #7061 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 06:37:05 »

Also Binge works together with his grilfriend and nubs does everything himself I think.

and hipsterpunks

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #7062 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 06:50:04 »

and hipsterpunks

and Pac Caps

FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #7063 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 08:50:44 »

Yup, I do it all on my own when I find the time and when I'm not exhausted from work. So it's usually on a weekend.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #7064 on: Sat, 29 March 2014, 01:25:41 »

I hope you're not suggesting that Binge's girlfriend is a gnome :p
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline irendulic

« Reply #7065 on: Sat, 29 March 2014, 02:36:46 »
Hi all,

I'm trying to find the information on how to change (if at all possible) stems on plate mounted cherry switch. I see that pcb mounted ones are really easy to open, but can't figure out if the plate mounted ones can be opened without desoldering, with desoldering or not at all?
I would greatly appreciate a link to some post on how to do it, I've googled and searched here, but only managed to find about pcb mounted ones :(

Thanks!

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #7066 on: Sat, 29 March 2014, 02:38:05 »
Hi all,

I'm trying to find the information on how to change (if at all possible) stems on plate mounted cherry switch. I see that pcb mounted ones are really easy to open, but can't figure out if the plate mounted ones can be opened without desoldering, with desoldering or not at all?
I would greatly appreciate a link to some post on how to do it, I've googled and searched here, but only managed to find about pcb mounted ones :(

Thanks!

You absolutely have to desolder plate mounted cherry switches to change the stem.

That being said, there are certain custom keyboards and custom plates with a design that allows you to do so without having to desolder, but you have to desolder and resolder your switches to install these plates anyway, and only certain keyboards will support it.
I love Elzy

Offline irendulic

« Reply #7067 on: Sat, 29 March 2014, 12:36:13 »

You absolutely have to desolder plate mounted cherry switches to change the stem.

That being said, there are certain custom keyboards and custom plates with a design that allows you to do so without having to desolder, but you have to desolder and resolder your switches to install these plates anyway, and only certain keyboards will support it.

Thank you! A couple of follow-up questions.
After desoldering a plate mounted switch, opening it can be done in the same way as the pcb monted, like with those paper binder clips?
And pcb mounted switches can be used with plate mount keyboards if those two extra legs are cut off? I'm looking to buy some clears from mk.com, but they are only available as pcb mounted.

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #7068 on: Sat, 29 March 2014, 12:38:21 »

Thank you! A couple of follow-up questions.
After desoldering a plate mounted switch, opening it can be done in the same way as the pcb monted, like with those paper binder clips?
And pcb mounted switches can be used with plate mount keyboards if those two extra legs are cut off? I'm looking to buy some clears from mk.com, but they are only available as pcb mounted.

Correct.  :)
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #7069 on: Sat, 29 March 2014, 12:57:41 »
I hope you're not suggesting that Binge's girlfriend is a gnome :p

I never saw a picture so I can't be sure but the voice didn't sound like one.

You don't have to use paper binder clips, there are 4 little tabs on the side (you can see them on this photo) which you will have to slightly lift, there are many tools to do that, for example a small screwdriver works as well. Binder clips or switch opennig tools are proably easier though and faster if you have to open many.

Offline nuclearsandwich

« Reply #7070 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 16:54:38 »
Is there any sort of dust or spill cover that you can get for custom keyboards? It doesn't need to be molded perfectly to the layout like the kind that come with old Dell and new Ducky boards, but at least something that would keep dust off and prevent spilled water from getting into the case proper.

I've gotten a few nice keyboards from excellent folks here and I daresay that making a few more is not outside the realm of possibility. However my home is quite dusty, contains a cat who has a precedent of hurking on keyboards (though thankfully not in a while and only on trash low profile rubber domes), and my main workstation is at a lab bench style desk which I share with two others so while I'm not trying to hermetically seal the things between uses I feel like doing something to prevent wayward liquid and cat hair from getting into them is a reasonable precaution for such irreplaceable beauties.

I've seen the dust covers on EK and it looks like they're designed to rest on the top of the case and thus would be really easy to knock askew. Is that the case or am I missing something?

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #7071 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 17:21:39 »
Is there any reason why 26ga or smaller solid core wire would not work for the matrix in a hand wired version?

Also, related to the same project, does anyone know what gauge wire and possible pitch is used for IDE cables?
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #7072 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 17:48:14 »
Is there any reason why 26ga or smaller solid core wire would not work for the matrix in a hand wired version?

Also, related to the same project, does anyone know what gauge wire and possible pitch is used for IDE cables?

I don't know why a smaller gauge wire than 26 wouldn't work.  Personally, I'm using 28 gauge, though it's not finished so that's hardly a testimonial.  But I've used 32 gauge for similar projects with no issues, so I'm expecting it to work fine.

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #7073 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 17:50:41 »
I was looking up what internal connector Filco uses for the keyboard cable and it looks like it is a Molex 87369-0500. Does anybody know any other source than Mouser (as shipping would cost 20€ for me)? I only need one.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #7074 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 18:32:02 »
I was looking up what internal connector Filco uses for the keyboard cable and it looks like it is a Molex 87369-0500. Does anybody know any other source than Mouser (as shipping would cost 20€ for me)? I only need one.

I think I have some.  I can include them in the package I'm sending your way.

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #7075 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 18:33:39 »
I think I have some.  I can include them in the package I'm sending your way.

That would be great, thank you!

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #7076 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 18:38:24 »
Is there any sort of dust or spill cover that you can get for custom keyboards?

I've seen the dust covers on EK and it looks like they're designed to rest on the top of the case and thus would be really easy to knock askew. Is that the case or am I missing something?

I've been using the plastic ones that come with the board and I also got a silicone cover with my 700R. If you buy the keycap set box from EK, there should be a cover that you can use. All the covers I use are easily knocked askew. I believe someone was making acrylic covers here which might be harder to knock over.

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #7077 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 18:43:53 »
I believe someone was making acrylic covers here which might be harder to knock over.

I think that was MOZ. At least he made some covers for his Phantom and Schoolbus 1800.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #7078 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 19:08:54 »
Hi all,

Thanks!

Or you could push down the entire metal plate, allowing you to open up the switches, and then push it back up again. I saw a thread on it, but I can't find it again.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #7079 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 19:13:26 »
Hi all,

Thanks!

Or you could push down the entire metal plate, allowing you to open up the switches, and then push it back up again. I saw a thread on it, but I can't find it again.

Isn't that just for a specific line of boards?

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #7080 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 19:15:45 »
I don't see why it would be.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #7081 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 19:20:21 »
Hi all,

Thanks!

I recall seeing the youtube video, and the maker said it was only applicable for POS matrix boards.
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline nuclearsandwich

« Reply #7082 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 01:06:24 »
Is there any sort of dust or spill cover that you can get for custom keyboards?

I've been using the plastic ones that come with the board and I also got a silicone cover with my 700R. If you buy the keycap set box from EK, there should be a cover that you can use. All the covers I use are easily knocked askew. I believe someone was making acrylic covers here which might be harder to knock over.

Hmm. Guess I'll have to wait til finals are over and experiment with bending acrylic over a strip heater.

Offline intelli78

« Reply #7083 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 01:27:08 »
Is there a reason why the sliders in complicated Alps are non symmetrical? Does the little indent on one side do anything at all?
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #7084 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 05:59:19 »
Is there a reason why the sliders in complicated Alps are non symmetrical? Does the little indent on one side do anything at all?

There is no known reason for it not being symmetrical and clones have symmetrical sliders, so that obviously works too.

Offline Rewind

• Street Fighter
  • Drive slow, homie
« Reply #7085 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 15:01:44 »
What is a set of BSP caps?

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #7086 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 15:03:23 »

BSP is a keycap manufacturer for PBT dyesub keycaps.
For future reference, check out the Geekhack Glossary.

Offline Rewind

• Street Fighter
  • Drive slow, homie
« Reply #7087 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 15:14:41 »

BSP is a keycap manufacturer for PBT dyesub keycaps.
For future reference, check out the Geekhack Glossary.
Thanks for the quick reply! :)

Sorry for not reading and requesting to be spoon fed information... =x

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #7088 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 15:27:24 »
Sorry for not reading and requesting to be spoon fed information... =x

Don't worry, nobody knows everything ;)

Offline combataran

« Reply #7089 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 00:42:36 »
Do people sometimes find their 55g RFs tiring, even a little? I'm seeing threads about the 45 vs 55g Topres with varying opinions, some say they're the best switch they'll ever have, some say that the 45g is easier on the hands, 45gs are for baby hands, etc. I can't just get both(college budget), so help me out here.
Cherry G80-1000HFD | CM Storm Spawn | Keypuller.com - Key Caps News & Database

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #7090 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 00:47:28 »
Do people sometimes find their 55g RFs tiring, even a little? I'm seeing threads about the 45 vs 55g Topres with varying opinions, some say they're the best switch they'll ever have, some say that the 45g is easier on the hands, 45gs are for baby hands, etc. I can't just get both(college budget), so help me out here.

Its personal preference

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #7091 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 01:02:05 »

It's definitely much more tactile and snappy, but I wouldn't say that 55g is tiring.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #7092 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 06:54:06 »
What's the difference between a moogle kit and a moggle kit?

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #7093 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 06:56:14 »

The spelling error.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #7094 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 06:58:31 »

The spelling error.

Ok, just checking I thought maybe they were two different things.

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #7095 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 07:02:03 »
Ok, just checking I thought maybe they were two different things.

I quickly looked if I could find more posts on it but from the posts I could find it's just a moogle kit.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #7096 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 07:35:51 »

The spelling error.

LOL. That reply made me laugh BlueBär. It is just a spelling error though.

For me, all Topre switches hurt my hands. I always bottom out when I type and I found that typing for extended periods of time on the 55g Topre switches hurt after a while. The 45g was worse for me since they're much lighter. I don't like light switches so I prefer 55g but then I can't type on 55g for more than 2 hours. But as mentioned before, it's personal preference. Obviously people who, for example, have HHKB in their custom title love their HHKBs and don't have any complaints.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #7097 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 16:36:14 »

The moggle kit comes with an extra "G" key.

They weren't selling too well, which is why so many people ended up with DS G keys in their last but one crap bags.

Offline SeeThruHead

« Reply #7098 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 18:09:25 »
I'm interested in diying my first keyboard and I was thinking that the ergodox would be a good project. Is there a preferred dealer of kits in the forums? Also I'd like to get an aluminum case for it as well. Where would you guys recommend I purchase the components/kit.

Painted QFR          Poker 2

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #7099 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 18:12:08 »
I'm interested in diying my first keyboard and I was thinking that the ergodox would be a good project. Is there a preferred dealer of kits in the forums? Also I'd like to get an aluminum case for it as well. Where would you guys recommend I purchase the components/kit.

md``mk.com