Author Topic: Simple Questions, Simple Answers (FAQ in the OP)  (Read 3553488 times)

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
Re: Simple Questions, Simple Answers (FAQ in the OP)
« Reply #12200 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 07:43:27 »
More
More
Where to I get a PCB for a G81-1138  HAU case, ANSI & winkeyless? Do I have to find a G80 and use this PCB? Am I right that there where new replacement PCBs out there with some new and fancy features?
leeku makes boards for these cases

Yup, you can either find a G80 PCB that fits or a Leeku PCB. But the Leeku 3000 PCBs are a bit hard to find.

Thanks! What is harder to find then? A G80 ANSI PCB or Leeku PCB?

I've never hunted for a G80 ANSI PCB but I know I bought the last Leeku 3000 PCB I've seen on the classifieds. And that was sometime last year. Dorkvader wasn't able to find one.

Edit: I didn't realize that Kin25 was selling Leeku PCBs and plates right now. Apologies.

I very recently ordered a 3000 PCB from kin25 as part of the TX1800 buy. As of 2 weeks ago it was not too late. Might be worth checking with him.

Edit: I didn't realize you were correcting yourself as I was correcting you!

Thanks Captain and njbair! I am part of the TX1800 group buy and dropped kin25 a mail right now. I also asked if it is possible to buy 3, if someone needs another PCB!
... ...

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #12201 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 07:54:23 »
What kind of caps does a G81-1800HAG use, and how much would be a decent price?

HAG is usually UK ISO.

http://deskthority.net/wiki/Cherry_article_numbers

Not sure of the price, probably better to try the price check thread...I'm not sure how the OP feels about price checks in here.

Should be double shots because of the H too. And please check prices in the price check thread.

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #12202 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 07:58:47 »

What kind of caps does a G81-1800HAG use, and how much would be a decent price?

HAG is usually UK ISO.

http://deskthority.net/wiki/Cherry_article_numbers

Not sure of the price, probably better to try the price check thread...I'm not sure how the OP feels about price checks in here.

Should be double shots because of the H too. And please check prices in the price check thread.
Okay thanks!

Offline Bomble

« Reply #12203 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 08:19:36 »
My HHKB works fine when plugged in to my macbook, but both PCs in the house don't seem to respond to it at all, though they used to. Any ideas? (The dip switches definitely aren't in mac mode, if that would make any difference)

Also, does anyone know how to stop numlock on my RF87U activating when I log out?

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #12204 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 08:25:39 »
My HHKB works fine when plugged in to my macbook, but both PCs in the house don't seem to respond to it at all, though they used to. Any ideas? (The dip switches definitely aren't in mac mode, if that would make any difference)

Also, does anyone know how to stop numlock on my RF87U activating when I log out?

Num Lock state on log out/shut down is usually a BIOS setting from my experience.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline Bomble

« Reply #12205 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 08:29:57 »

Num Lock state on log out/shut down is usually a BIOS setting from my experience.

Cheers, I'll look in to that.

Offline Eszett

• Supporting the communities Geekhack & Deskthority
« Reply #12206 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 18:43:46 »
Hello (CaptainBadAss)! ;D
I'm sitting in front of a bunch of disassembled MX switches and I need to know:
question #1 "slider" and "stem" mean the same thing, right?
question #2 in MX blues there is a little piece of white plastic attached to the slider, how is this lpiece called?
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 April 2015, 20:08:35 by Eszett »

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #12207 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 20:34:53 »
Hello (CaptainBadAss)! ;D
I'm sitting in front of a bunch of disassembled MX switches and I need to know:
question #1 "slider" and "stem" mean the same thing, right?
question #2 in MX blues there is a little piece of white plastic attached to the slider, how is this lpiece called?

Slider normally refers to the stem of a topre switch but yes stems and sliders are the same.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline Eszett

« Reply #12208 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 21:15:52 »
Thanks Joey! And the other thing, this little plastic piece, how is that called?

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #12209 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 21:20:28 »
What are the little nubbins on MX blue and green stems? They are not there on the other colors (see brown in pic):

98708-0

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #12210 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 21:22:20 »
Thanks Joey! And the other thing, this little plastic piece, how is that called?
From the DT wiki : "Unlike most other Cherry MX switches, the plunger consists of not one, but two parts: a blue plunger (that is connected to the key) and a white inner slider (which opens/closes the circuit)."
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Eszett

« Reply #12211 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 21:26:39 »
@hwood34 I'm not sure if all people understand at once what I mean when I say "white inner slider". However, if there's no better name for it, so be it.
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 April 2015, 21:29:31 by Eszett »

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #12212 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 21:48:14 »
@hwood34 I'm not sure if all people understand at once what I mean when I say "white inner slider". However, if there's no better name for it, so be it.
Yeah, sometimes there really isn't a great word for it, though I'm sure if you mention "white slider" in the context of clicky switches, people will know what you're talking about. Also, the quote feature is helpful for people you're talking to, especially if they have tapatalk and get notified when it happens. Also helps for everyone to be able to quickly read the conversation at hand in one place

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #12213 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 22:51:48 »
Yeah, sometimes there really isn't a great word for it, though I'm sure if you mention "white slider" in the context of clicky switches, people will know what you're talking about. Also, the quote feature is helpful for people you're talking to, especially if they have tapatalk and get notified when it happens. Also helps for everyone to be able to quickly read the conversation at hand in one place

In the context you have there, white slide works just fine. Same thing with stem.

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
« Reply #12214 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 23:38:22 »
What are the little nubbins on MX blue and green stems? They are not there on the other colors (see brown in pic):

(Attachment Link)

It's an indicator that it is a clicky switch.  It also appears on Cherry MX White switches.

I don't have a clicky gray for reference so I'm not sure if it has it too.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #12215 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 23:44:57 »
how's everybody?
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #12216 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 23:51:49 »

(Attachment Link)

It's an indicator that it is a clicky switch.  It also appears on Cherry MX White switches.

yup, same nubs

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #12217 on: Tue, 28 April 2015, 00:47:46 »

(Attachment Link)

Is it really just an indicator? Like it doesn't perform some function in tandem with the white slider or something?

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #12218 on: Tue, 28 April 2015, 02:24:31 »
I just got an ultrasonic cleaner that I want to use to clean some vintage blacks.  Can I just open up the switches and throw everything in, including the springs and metal contacts?  What about drying them?  Just lay them out, or is it ok to put them in the dryer (inside a pillow case, no heat)?

btw, I love this ultrasonic cleaner.  I've been throwing everything I can think of into it.  Watches, electric toothbrush heads, keycaps, etc etc.
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #12219 on: Tue, 28 April 2015, 05:25:39 »
how's everybody?
Nice to see you around again.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #12220 on: Tue, 28 April 2015, 05:28:41 »
how's everybody?

Not a simple question. Nor does it have a simple answer. Jerkface.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #12221 on: Tue, 28 April 2015, 06:42:30 »

(Attachment Link)

Is it really just an indicator? Like it doesn't perform some function in tandem with the white slider or something?
I think it's just an indicator and not functional.
I just got an ultrasonic cleaner that I want to use to clean some vintage blacks.  Can I just open up the switches and throw everything in, including the springs and metal contacts?  What about drying them?  Just lay them out, or is it ok to put them in the dryer (inside a pillow case, no heat)?

btw, I love this ultrasonic cleaner.  I've been throwing everything I can think of into it.  Watches, electric toothbrush heads, keycaps, etc etc.
Yup I think you can just lay the switches out and air dry. I've got an ultrasonic cleaner too but I bought it with fountain pen cleaning in mind.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #12222 on: Tue, 28 April 2015, 18:55:29 »
how's everybody?

Not a simple question. Nor does it have a simple answer. Jerkface.

:(
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #12223 on: Tue, 28 April 2015, 19:20:35 »

Offline Ludovician

« Reply #12224 on: Wed, 29 April 2015, 10:49:26 »
So I've heard of these things before on here and I'm under the impression they're rubber domes, but can anyone confirm?
More

Thanks.
Typing speed:
More
Visit the Typing Test and try!

My collection:
More
HHKB Pro 2 (Blank, white) | HHKB Pro 2 Type-S (Blank, white) | Topre Realforce 87UB silent-modded (not currently functional) | Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (MX Brown) | IBM Model M 1391401 - 9th January 1991 (Bolt+Floss-modded) | Apple keyboard m0116 (Orange Alps) | Unidentified DIN Keyboard (White Alps) | ADDS 1010 (Green Alps) | AEK II (Linear-modded, USB-converted) | IBM PC-AT Model F | Noppoo Choc Mini (MX Black) | Amstrad PC2286 | BigKeys LX | IBM Model M 1391401 - 6th September 1990 | IBM Model M2 1395300 - 28th February 1991 | Leopold FC660C | Cherry G80-11802 (MX Brown) | Matias Tactile Pro (Simplfied grey Alps) | Razer Blackwidow (MX Blue) | Novatouch 55g | Focus FK-2001 (White alps) | DSE Multitech (Blue alps) | Dell AT101W (Matias quiet) | Pok3r (White w/Clears) | KBP V80 (Blue Alps)

Pending:
Infinity kit

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #12225 on: Wed, 29 April 2015, 12:00:07 »
So I've heard of these things before on here and I'm under the impression they're rubber domes, but can anyone confirm?

More
Show Image

Thanks.

I'm pretty sure that's rubber dome too.

Offline Rose

« Reply #12226 on: Thu, 30 April 2015, 13:49:19 »
If I install an LED in an Cherry MX switch will there be any way to open/lubricate the switch without desoldering the LED?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #12227 on: Thu, 30 April 2015, 14:08:52 »
If I install an LED in an Cherry MX switch will there be any way to open/lubricate the switch without desoldering the LED?

No you'll have to desolder it to properly lube it. Some people say you can flood the chamber with lube but that will affect how the switch feels.

Offline Hzza

« Reply #12228 on: Thu, 30 April 2015, 14:13:33 »
You can clip the front of the top switch housing so that you can open the switch without desoldering the LED but when I did it there was quite a lot of work involved to get the fit right and it was really hard to get the switch top back in place without damaging the LED.

I'm pretty sure there's a thread somewhere, I'll dig it up once the kids are asleep.

edit - That was easier than I thought it would be...

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=65287.0#quickreply

That's the thread, the video shows the details.

« Last Edit: Thu, 30 April 2015, 14:17:05 by Hzza »

Offline KnivesM

« Reply #12229 on: Thu, 30 April 2015, 14:15:03 »

No you'll have to desolder it to properly lube it. Some people say you can flood the chamber with lube but that will affect how the switch feels.
If you use SIP sockets you could right?
[WTT] Bros | HWS | Nightcaps [WTTF] Bros | KBK/KWK | CC

LZ-FE                 Kpad           Poker II                   Leopold 980M          TGR Tris       TGR-Jane   
72g Vintage Blacks      Blacks            Blues                        Silent Pinks                Coming Soon™

Others
More
Leopold 750RT - Reds, Smart68 Coming Soon™, Steelseries 6Gv2 - Reds

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #12230 on: Thu, 30 April 2015, 14:26:52 »

If you use SIP sockets you could right?

Well you'd have to yank the LED out first but yeah if you had SIP sockets and a PCB mount or plate with the switch opening cutouts in it, you could do it.

You can clip the front of the top switch housing so that you can open the switch without desoldering the LED but when I did it there was quite a lot of work involved to get the fit right and it was really hard to get the switch top back in place without damaging the LED.

I'm pretty sure there's a thread somewhere, I'll dig it up once the kids are asleep.

edit - That was easier than I thought it would be...

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=65287.0#quickreply

That's the thread, the video shows the details.

I forgot about that! But it's more of a PITA than the return imo.

Offline Hzza

« Reply #12231 on: Thu, 30 April 2015, 14:46:59 »
I forgot about that! But it's more of a PITA than the return imo.
Oh, no doubt, its a total PITA but it's an option if you're opening the switches anyway and don't have SIP switches kicking around...

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #12232 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 01:25:22 »
Anyone know where I can buy the cases that HolyOOPS caps come in? They look sick but I don't want to buy a cap just for the metal shell.

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/holyoops-aluminum-keycaps
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
« Reply #12233 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 11:11:26 »
Anyone know where I can buy the cases that HolyOOPS caps come in? They look sick but I don't want to buy a cap just for the metal shell.

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/holyoops-aluminum-keycaps

There is loads of round metal containers available, but finding the exact one might be difficult.
Do you know for sure if the box is metal Joey? It kinda looks like metal but doesn't have a folded-over edge on the lid like loads of them do for example...

Edit: Realized it has small dents in the side of the lid, (looks like friction fit) so it should be metal I guess.
« Last Edit: Fri, 01 May 2015, 11:17:02 by FoC_Tow »

Offline greath

• A waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap.
« Reply #12234 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 16:49:25 »
[Xpost from the living soldering thread. But seeing as how I believe more people read here I wanted perspective from this thread as well.]

Is this the solder most people are recommending to pick up?

I am planning on doing a switch swap out for right now. I have an Edsyn 951sxe and Soldapullt coming in. I have a multimeter. Looking at the list on the front page of the living soldering thread, I'm missing:

* Solder spool holder
* Magnifying lamp/Jewler's visor
* Smoke Absorber
* Separate Flux
* Helping Hands
* Heat gun

Do I NEED any of these things? I feel like most of these are quality of life enhancements. Not sure about the smoke absorber...

Is there something else you all would highly recommend I get (besides practice) before I start the project? I spent an entire summer soldering at an internship in high school, but that was almost 15 years ago I don't remember all the ins and outs.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #12235 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 16:51:18 »
1) Is this the solder most people are recommending to pick up?

2) I am planning on doing a switch swap out for right now. I have an Edsyn 951sxe and Soldapullt coming in. I have a multimeter. Looking at the list on the front page of the living soldering thread, I'm missing:

* Solder spool holder
* Magnifying lamp/Jewler's visor
* Smoke Absorber
* Separate Flux
* Helping Hands
* Heat gun

Do I NEED any of these things? I feel like most of these are quality of life enhancements. Not sure about the smoke absorber...

3) Is there something else you all would highly recommend I get (besides practice) before I start the project? I spent an entire summer soldering at an internship in high school, but that was almost 15 years ago I don't remember all the ins and outs.

1) Yes
2) No you don't *need* any of those. An iron, solder, and desoldering tool is the bare minimum.
3) Practice ;). It's not too hard honestly.

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #12236 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 17:33:28 »
What tips should I get to properly solder with my FX888D

Offline phoenix1234

« Reply #12237 on: Sat, 02 May 2015, 00:34:36 »

You should get:

+ 1.2mm chissel for soldering led and keyboard switch, it could also be used for soldering small wire (22-30awg)
+ 2.4-3.2 mm chissel tip for soldering very thick wire (less than 10awg) or big component like large capacitor
+ 5.2mm chissel tip for soldering really big things
I like linear switches

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #12238 on: Sat, 02 May 2015, 06:59:38 »

You should get:

+ 1.2mm chissel for soldering led and keyboard switch, it could also be used for soldering small wire (22-30awg)
+ 2.4-3.2 mm chissel tip for soldering very thick wire (less than 10awg) or big component like large capacitor
+ 5.2mm chissel tip for soldering really big things
Thanks

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #12239 on: Sat, 02 May 2015, 10:11:14 »
What keycap is this? Is still available somewhere? A similar little devil would be good enough.

It's a keycap from 2012, can't find any place that still sells it though

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=30453.0
« Last Edit: Sat, 02 May 2015, 10:51:59 by Giorgio »

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #12240 on: Sat, 02 May 2015, 11:07:57 »
What keycap is this? Is still available somewhere? A similar little devil would be good enough.

Show Image

From the thread you linked, it looks like it's the KeyboardHell logo and they did a limited 100 key run for their store. I bet they'd have some for sale there since it's their logo. Other than that? I don't know. Never seen them before. Maybe talk to the KeyboardHell guys on Facebook or another forum. Or maybe try getting in touch with Hazeluff.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #12241 on: Sat, 02 May 2015, 11:13:46 »

Show Image

From the thread you linked, it looks like it's the KeyboardHell logo and they did a limited 100 key run for their store. I bet they'd have some for sale there since it's their logo. Other than that? I don't know. Never seen them before. Maybe talk to the KeyboardHell guys on Facebook or another forum. Or maybe try getting in touch with Hazeluff.

Were these made by Holyoops w/ feng maybe? Look like his work.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #12242 on: Sat, 02 May 2015, 11:20:13 »

Show Image

Were these made by Holyoops w/ feng maybe? Look like his work.

I had the same gut reaction but I honestly don't know.

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #12243 on: Sun, 03 May 2015, 05:03:04 »
 it is available for  $100 (keyboard hell facebook). We'll see if the meant hkd or USD... :-)

Maybe I'll try do design something in autocad, for example using the BSD Unix logo, and then print it in 3d or have it cnc'd.

Show Image

« Last Edit: Sun, 03 May 2015, 06:05:21 by Giorgio »

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #12244 on: Mon, 04 May 2015, 18:13:54 »
What are the bottoming out spring weights for:

1) Cherry MX Clear
2) Cherry MX Vintage Black
3) Cherry MX Modern Black

Tried to find a detailed table for to compare to custom springs, but most places only list the Cherry actuation weight rather than the bottoming out weight.

?

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #12245 on: Mon, 04 May 2015, 21:05:58 »

1) Cherry MX Clear

Tried to find a detailed table for to compare to custom springs, but most places only list the Cherry actuation weight rather than the bottoming out weight.

?

Not sure on exact numbers but reds blues and browns will have the same bottom out force, vintage and modern blacks used the same springs but vintage blacks might be a touch lighter due to use over the years, and clears are a touch heavier than blacks at bottom out.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #12246 on: Mon, 04 May 2015, 22:05:05 »

1) Cherry MX Clear

?

This is the closest thing I know of with what you're looking for. I'm personally still not convinced about Vintage Blacks being different because I've never had the chance to try mint/NIB vintage blacks.

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #12247 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 13:13:08 »
Has anyone lubed an ML and do they suck less if you do?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #12248 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 13:14:15 »
Has anyone lubed an ML and do they suck less if you do?

Yes and yes. Still has issues with off-strike hits though. There's a few people who've tried it so you can do a search and find some info.

Offline keyboardMaster

« Reply #12249 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 13:26:28 »
Is the cherry mx clear switch the same as cherry grey switch (the non clicky one...)?

It seems so...

Am I good if I replace the very hard spring with something equivalent to the cherry reds 45grams spring?