Author Topic: Simple Questions, Simple Answers (FAQ in the OP)  (Read 3554767 times)

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
Re: Simple Questions, Simple Answers (FAQ in the OP)
« Reply #14300 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 21:56:28 »
Large differences. Weight, feel, sound, price... It's really too large a question to answer... But the short one is that Poly and Carbon are not good options, and SS and Alu are pretty similar, though most prefer SS to Alu due to the weight.

Edit: Note, this is based on what I've read and what little experience I have with the subject. I've never tried Poly and Carbon, but Carbon is really expensive, and Poly flexes like... well, like Polyurethane.

Couldn't let this go without correcting it. Carbon fiber and polycarb plates (probably polycarbonate rather than polyurethane, though I think both have been made at one point or another) are not "bad" they just feel different. They have flex to them which many people like, for tactile Cherry switches especially. It's similar to having PCB mount switches.

Additionally, typically stainless steel has less flex than aluminum.
So its like stainless steel is an upgrade from alumunium and carbon is an upgrade to the polycarbonate plate yes?. I don't know what plate to use for my blue alps and green alps build. So its better to use the SS plate for green alps and linear cherry right? And carbon plate for tactile and clicky switches am I right?

That seems to be the most common preference, yes.
Thank you for the reply bro. What is your personal preferance if I may ask?

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #14301 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 22:07:51 »
Large differences. Weight, feel, sound, price... It's really too large a question to answer... But the short one is that Poly and Carbon are not good options, and SS and Alu are pretty similar, though most prefer SS to Alu due to the weight.

Edit: Note, this is based on what I've read and what little experience I have with the subject. I've never tried Poly and Carbon, but Carbon is really expensive, and Poly flexes like... well, like Polyurethane.

Couldn't let this go without correcting it. Carbon fiber and polycarb plates (probably polycarbonate rather than polyurethane, though I think both have been made at one point or another) are not "bad" they just feel different. They have flex to them which many people like, for tactile Cherry switches especially. It's similar to having PCB mount switches.

So its like stainless steel is an upgrade from alumunium and carbon is an upgrade to the polycarbonate plate yes?. I don't know what plate to use for my blue alps and green alps build. So its better to use the SS plate for green alps and linear cherry right? And carbon plate for tactile and clicky switches am I right?

None are really better than any other.  They just simply provide a different feel.

In order from most to least flex, I would rate it at, thin poly, thick poly, aluminum, SS.  I don't have any experience with CF, but I would imagine it would fall between aluminum and stainless steel.  The less flex, the harsher the bottom out feel is going to be.  Though I reckon, a lot of people won't feel much difference, or if they can, it doesn't matter enough to warrant delegating a different plate material to different switches.

Though, one primary difference is going to be color.  Acrylic and plolycarbonate are going to be a touch more difficult to paint due to being plastic and getting a proper primer to get good adhesion, but it is offered in a variety of colors.  Plus, laser cutting plastics generally releases a lot of bad **** which needs to be cleaned out of the exhaust before it can be released to the atmosphere.

Now aluminum and titanium can both be anodized, which is an electrical applied chemical conversion coating that works in different ways for these two materials.  For aluminum, when anodized, it actually produces hexagonal pores similar to honeycomb and then a dye is applied that soaks into these pores.  This is the reason why color matching between batches is very difficult, because everything happens in a bath of chemicals and visual inspection during the process is impossible.  Ti is a bit different in it changes the depth at which light absorbs into and reflects back.  This difference in depth is what gives the different colors and can be adjusted by changing the amount of voltage.  If the color desired is passed, you can't go back to a lower voltage and get it without mechanical removal of the anodized finish.  However, one can go up to the next multiple of that voltage to get the color desired.

Now carbon steel and stainless steel have a bunch of different coatings possible not limited to traditional paint, powder coating, Cerakote, black oxide for carbon, black phosphate for stainless, etc.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #14302 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 22:16:47 »

For linear switches I prefer very stiff plates. I don't enjoy tactile or clicky MX switches so I can't really speak to them.

Also, +1 to Melvang's awesome info
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #14303 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 22:53:02 »

None are really better than any other.  They just simply provide a different feel.

In order from most to least flex, I would rate it at, thin poly, thick poly, aluminum, SS.  I don't have any experience with CF, but I would imagine it would fall between aluminum and stainless steel.  The less flex, the harsher the bottom out feel is going to be.  Though I reckon, a lot of people won't feel much difference, or if they can, it doesn't matter enough to warrant delegating a different plate material to different switches.

Though, one primary difference is going to be color.  Acrylic and plolycarbonate are going to be a touch more difficult to paint due to being plastic and getting a proper primer to get good adhesion, but it is offered in a variety of colors.  Plus, laser cutting plastics generally releases a lot of bad **** which needs to be cleaned out of the exhaust before it can be released to the atmosphere.

Now aluminum and titanium can both be anodized, which is an electrical applied chemical conversion coating that works in different ways for these two materials.  For aluminum, when anodized, it actually produces hexagonal pores similar to honeycomb and then a dye is applied that soaks into these pores.  This is the reason why color matching between batches is very difficult, because everything happens in a bath of chemicals and visual inspection during the process is impossible.  Ti is a bit different in it changes the depth at which light absorbs into and reflects back.  This difference in depth is what gives the different colors and can be adjusted by changing the amount of voltage.  If the color desired is passed, you can't go back to a lower voltage and get it without mechanical removal of the anodized finish.  However, one can go up to the next multiple of that voltage to get the color desired.

Now carbon steel and stainless steel have a bunch of different coatings possible not limited to traditional paint, powder coating, Cerakote, black oxide for carbon, black phosphate for stainless, etc.

Awesome info. Thanks for sharing.

Offline E3E

« Reply #14304 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 05:43:12 »

For linear switches I prefer very stiff plates. I don't enjoy tactile or clicky MX switches so I can't really speak to them.

Also, +1 to Melvang's awesome info

Green Alps feel so nice on a CF plate. I always end up missing my Hammer when I'm not using it. It's just so unique in feel. Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your Green Alps by the way! I forgot why that was. Were they scratchy for you? I was lucky that mine came from a truly unused board, so mine were as good as one could hope for.

I'm going to try to get a CF Alps plate made for my Lightpad so I can mount Alps onto it. :D

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #14305 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 05:59:06 »
Is there any special name for usb cable without connectors.  I am trying to find some and cant really find any spools that specifically say it is good for usb?

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #14306 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 06:07:44 »
Yes, "cable". You want at least four leads.

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #14307 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 06:19:56 »

So its just the more flex the softer the bottoming will be yes? and the main difference is color right?
Goin to ask LeandreN for CF plate and SS plate I think I need to pass Alu plate cause its no different with SS

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #14308 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 07:23:07 »
Yes, "cable". You want at least four leads.

Yes i am assuming there is purpose made cable, with four leads with what two twisted together and the drain sheeth. Anyone have a link maybe?

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #14309 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 16:31:44 »
JTK sets and GMK sets are the same exact profile right?

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #14310 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 16:44:21 »
JTK sets and GMK sets are the same exact profile right?
Yep cherry profile caps

Offline klennkellon

• I like bottoming out
« Reply #14311 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 18:05:35 »
Hey all,

I'm thinking of picking up a Focus- FK-6000 for $70 USD. It's brand new and has never been used, no yellowing or dust at all!

I have really been wanting to try ALPS switches, and from my research It's either Complicated ALPS, alps.tw Type T4, or Futaba Clicky Switch. Is it worth taking the risk? There's no returns. What's the likelyhood of one of these using Alps? The label on the back, if I'm reading it correctly, is dated 93'. Since it's quite far away, I can't remove the keycap to check myself.

My other option is a more worn-out FK-2001 that will probably need a little retr0bright and a keycap wash, but I know for a fact it uses Complicated Alps.

Thanks.

Offline Vozella

« Reply #14312 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 22:15:34 »
Are there any 6u PBT space bars. Not really concered about the profile. I just want it to be PBT.

Offline E3E

« Reply #14313 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 22:41:55 »
Are there any 6u PBT space bars. Not really concered about the profile. I just want it to be PBT.

Yep, the Infinity has one for sure.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #14314 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 22:43:18 »

Imsto is selling these on his website. 

http://imsto.cn/index.php?route=product/product&path=59&product_id=99
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline E3E

« Reply #14315 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 11:05:11 »

Just keep in mind that these are Cherry profile and so the stem will be off-center.

Offline Vozella

« Reply #14316 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 12:12:02 »

Just keep in mind that these are Cherry profile and so the stem will be off-center.
Thank you.

Offline klennkellon

• I like bottoming out
« Reply #14317 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 18:06:43 »
Is there a noticable difference in the keyfeel between Complicated White Alps and Simplified White Alps? They are both real ALPS.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #14318 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 18:17:59 »
Is there a noticable difference in the keyfeel between Complicated White Alps and Simplified White Alps? They are both real ALPS.

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline klennkellon

• I like bottoming out
« Reply #14319 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 18:52:41 »

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

I got that information from the wiki http://deskthority.net/wiki/Alps_SKBL/SKBM_series

the keyboard I want has the switches looking like

i assumed they were real alps because they had ALPS written on them and most clones don't do that.

I only want to know if there is a major difference in the feel.

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #14320 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 19:13:27 »

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

I got that information from the wiki http://deskthority.net/wiki/Alps_SKBL/SKBM_series

the keyboard I want has the switches looking like

Show Image

i assumed they were real alps because they had ALPS written on them and most clones don't do that.

I only want to know if there is a major difference in the feel.

Yes. This might be an overgeneralization, but for the most part, complicated Alps have a much more satisfying tactile feel. Salmon and Orange Alps are particularly sought after.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #14321 on: Thu, 14 January 2016, 11:00:27 »
What are the dimensions for a standard 60% PCB? I had the numbers but I seem to have lost them somewhere
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #14322 on: Thu, 14 January 2016, 11:39:11 »
What are the dimensions for a standard 60% PCB? I had the numbers but I seem to have lost them somewhere

286mm x 94mm I think...?

Offline ddot

• Master of Suspense
« Reply #14323 on: Thu, 14 January 2016, 15:49:33 »
Q:  I was thinking of experimenting with lubing up some springs to see how that affects the ping.  I’ve got a bottle (not an aerosol can) of the “ DuPont Multi-Use Lubricant with Teflon” lying around.  Seems similar to the “ DuPont Silicone Lubricant with Teflon” that’s recommended in a few places, but doesn’t have the silicone component.  Would this be safe to use on the spring?  Or even if it is, am I just wasting my time with it?

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #14324 on: Thu, 14 January 2016, 15:51:08 »
Q:  I was thinking of experimenting with lubing up some springs to see how that affects the ping.  I’ve got a bottle (not an aerosol can) of the “ DuPont Multi-Use Lubricant with Teflon” lying around.  Seems similar to the “ DuPont Silicone Lubricant with Teflon” that’s recommended in a few places, but doesn’t have the silicone component.  Would this be safe to use on the spring?  Or even if it is, am I just wasting my time with it?

The biggest issue will be in how it reacts with the plastic of the switch housing.  My recommendation is to stick with the silicone or pick up some Krytox.  There are a few vendors here that supply it.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline ddot

• Master of Suspense
« Reply #14325 on: Thu, 14 January 2016, 17:51:17 »
The biggest issue will be in how it reacts with the plastic of the switch housing.  My recommendation is to stick with the silicone or pick up some Krytox.  There are a few vendors here that supply it.

Thanks Melvang.

Does anyone know if the non silicone version will have a negative reaction with the plastics, or is that just a cautionary guess?

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #14326 on: Thu, 14 January 2016, 18:01:35 »
Does anyone know if the non silicone version will have a negative reaction with the plastics, or is that just a cautionary guess?

There are often (usually) carriers or propellants that are solvents outright or otherwise act as solvents long-term. That is what you have to watch out for.
Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline cryptokey

• * Destiny Supporter
  • [°°▄°] luser-friendly
« Reply #14327 on: Thu, 14 January 2016, 22:38:38 »
How does one do anything on a 40% board?  Like I see them and they look so nice and portable being tiny but then I'm like wait. No numbers, no f-keys, no esc, del, etc.  Is it just lots of function layers that you've gotta know?  Not ripping on them, just ignorant to how they're used.
More

[WTB] HHKB Black

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #14328 on: Thu, 14 January 2016, 22:39:44 »
How does one do anything on a 40% board?  Like I see them and they look so nice and portable being tiny but then I'm like wait. No numbers, no f-keys, no esc, del, etc.  Is it just lots of function layers that you've gotta know?  Not ripping on them, just ignorant to how they're used.

I think you've got it. Lots and lots of function layers. XD

Realistically I think you'd use two for 90% of your keys and a third for that final 10%. Just something to get used to, I suppose.

Offline cryptokey

• * Destiny Supporter
  • [°°▄°] luser-friendly
« Reply #14329 on: Thu, 14 January 2016, 22:42:45 »

I think you've got it. Lots and lots of function layers. XD

Realistically I think you'd use two for 90% of your keys and a third for that final 10%. Just something to get used to, I suppose.

OK.  I feel like it would be very efficient when you get used to it.  I could see myself using one if I travelled a ton and used that one board a lot because otherwise I'd find it difficult to get used to the layers.
More

[WTB] HHKB Black

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #14330 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 03:06:15 »
Well, I feel like I became more efficient with a 60%, but 90% of that is not moving my hand back and forward to the arrow keys. I mostly use the arrow keys to navigate text (code) though, and most people don't do that, they just use a mouse.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #14331 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 07:11:05 »
Well, I feel like I became more efficient with a 60%, but 90% of that is not moving my hand back and forward to the arrow keys. I mostly use the arrow keys to navigate text (code) though, and most people don't do that, they just use a mouse.

I do that! Specifically I use ESDF for arrows. WASD is absolutely terrible if your typing. I've actually got a pretty efficient function layer.

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #14332 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 07:12:38 »
Ijkl here. Tried using hjkl, but I started lusting for the blood of Emacs users, so I changed it.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #14333 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 07:14:16 »
Ijkl here. Tried using hjkl, but I started lusting for the blood of Emacs users, so I changed it.

I use ijkl also, I do not think this is unpopular at all.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #14334 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 07:39:25 »
It's the same as with 60 %, but with an embedded digit/punctuation layer. Usability depends on what software you're using and how.

Personally, I can't really use even ordinary 60% keyboards, but if it had a bunch of easily accessible modifiers, I'd be happy with a 40% board (with the modifiers ideally in thumb clusters or in place of number row).

I use Emacs (or UIs with similar bindings) a lot, and it requires basically just Control, Alt/Meta and the alphanumeric keys (with Shift, obviously). I mean, look at the original HHKB design.

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #14335 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 07:44:13 »
I use Menu, Meta, Ctrl, Right Shift as my arrow cluster on a 60% and it is my favorite placement.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #14336 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 07:50:56 »
That might work, but I would have to make shift a tap modifier, which gets janky if you need to hold down the up key...

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #14337 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 08:42:41 »

After trying a couple of options, I too have settled on ijkl.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline DaveW

• zer0knowledge
« Reply #14338 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 09:59:41 »

Yeah, ijkl is a popular wasd for folks that use their mouse left-handed while gaming (which is really odd to me despite being left-handed myself)

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #14339 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 13:48:59 »
Is there a Switch Hitter clone for mac? I feel like it should be in Karabiner, but I can't find it.

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #14340 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 14:51:55 »
 New question:

Since I managed to fix the bad soldering job on my Alps board, I am taking another run at a couple of previous hackjobs I've done.
The image below is NSFL, and shows the enter key position from the back side of a Satan GH60.

As you can see, after I botched the switch placement in the middle (the actual ANSI enter key placement) I put two switches in the place where it should be, to try to use the keyboard. That actually works fine, I just hit the far right key on the keyboard (the left key here, under D68) for Enter, and it triggers fine. The right key, under D63 isn't connected, since it's designated as KC_NO in the keymap anyway.

But now I 'd like to fix it. I'd like to remove the two keys that are there, put a new switch in the botched keyplacement and somehow make the connection work.

I know this is dirty work, but someone has to do it, and damnit Geekhack, you're the finest cops on the force, so if YOU can't solve this murder, no one can!

So: Either with a normal (non-SMD) diode or tons and tons of wire, how do I make the connection?

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #14341 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 15:10:13 »
New question:

Since I managed to fix the bad soldering job on my Alps board, I am taking another run at a couple of previous hackjobs I've done.
The image below is NSFL, and shows the enter key position from the back side of a Satan GH60.

Show Image

As you can see, after I botched the switch placement in the middle (the actual ANSI enter key placement) I put two switches in the place where it should be, to try to use the keyboard. That actually works fine, I just hit the far right key on the keyboard (the left key here, under D68) for Enter, and it triggers fine. The right key, under D63 isn't connected, since it's designated as KC_NO in the keymap anyway.

But now I 'd like to fix it. I'd like to remove the two keys that are there, put a new switch in the botched keyplacement and somehow make the connection work.

I know this is dirty work, but someone has to do it, and damnit Geekhack, you're the finest cops on the force, so if YOU can't solve this murder, no one can!

So: Either with a normal (non-SMD) diode or tons and tons of wire, how do I make the connection?

My instinct would be to put the switch in the position where it belongs, and just use short jumper wires to connect the terminals on the switch to the pads where you currently have a switch for enter.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #14342 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 15:18:51 »
Ah, I tried that. Did not work. No idea why... That was the first thing I tried, even before I put in the two other switches...

Offline Roibhilin

• Saver of Humens
« Reply #14343 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 16:18:33 »
is it worth dental banding my hhkb

QFR | Poker II | Quickfire TK

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #14344 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 16:24:58 »

I don't think so. Unless you need it to be super quiet and then I would spend the extra to get silencing rings.

Offline wockytocky

« Reply #14345 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 16:29:10 »

If you think it would make for a fun learning experience then maybe. Otherwise probably not, HHKBs are already pretty quiet

Offline Roibhilin

• Saver of Humens
« Reply #14346 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 19:23:33 »

If you think it would make for a fun learning experience then maybe. Otherwise probably not, HHKBs are already pretty quiet

I don't think so. Unless you need it to be super quiet and then I would spend the extra to get silencing rings.
oh ok, does the shorter switch throw feel weird?

QFR | Poker II | Quickfire TK

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #14347 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 19:25:40 »

oh ok, does the shorter switch throw feel weird?

That's one of those personnel preference things.

Honestly I'm too lazy to mod Topre anymore.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #14348 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 20:03:32 »

See, I use right shift as a psudo-modifier with AutoHotKey. Pretty much the entire left hand side of the board is bound to different navigation controls.

Offline dndlmx

« Reply #14349 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 22:23:05 »
Are there any HHKB style 60% plates still available somewhere out there.