Author Topic: New "vicky" style keyboard from China (Dearmo)  (Read 7183 times)

Offline calavera

New "vicky" style keyboard from China (Dearmo)
« on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 07:47:09 »
Never heard of this Chinese company (http://www.dearmo.com) but they're releasing a new "vicky" style (Korean customs) keyboard as in the top case is the plate itself.

Spec's to note:
  • compact tkl keyboard with metal case
  • 5 programmable macro keys on the left
  • cherry mx switches (black)
  • full LEDs
  • built in USB hub
  • matching palm rest
Price unknown, no set release date except it's "coming soon."

Now here's the interesting thing. The palm rest is also metal and magnetic so it snaps onto the keyboard.
I think using magnets is brilliant and should be implemented into the GH60 and GH tenkey cases if possible. That would be tits.
« Last Edit: Thu, 16 May 2013, 07:59:06 by calavera »

Offline Q404

Re: New keyboard from China (Dearmo)
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 07:49:22 »
Thats looks really cool ,will defintely keep an eye on this.

Offline inteli722

• Waiting for too much stuff...
Re: New keyboard from China (Dearmo)
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 07:52:16 »
Looks interesting, but predicted quality will be a whole load of "meh".

There's also a wheel of some sort above the macro keys. Possibly for volume?
More

Visit the Typing Test and try!
R.I.P. SmallFry! You will be dearly missed.
Leopold FC200 |  CoolerMaster QFP Browns | Quickfire Rapid Greens | Quickfire Rapid Blues
Waiting for: Phantom Plate

Offline ITzNybble

• Formerly curro123083
  • Nibble or Nybble either way it sounds delicious!
Re: New "vicky" style keyboard from China (Dearmo)
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 08:57:36 »
I wont one! I like it, I could go without the macro keys though....
WASD V1 Custom - MX Blue
Custom Miami QFR - MX Green
Handwired Redox-Manuform - Box Pink/Box Navy
KBD67 MKII PolyCarbonate - Gateron CJ

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 09:54:28 »

Anything they add to the "left" side is fine. I don't really care... as long as they don't add useless things to the "right side"

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 10:02:01 »
Metal wrist rest sound like a great way to destroy your hands... body likes warmth.
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens

Offline 1391406

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 10:12:14 »
Yes, please add macros to the left side and as close as possible to the standard keys in order to ensure I repeatedly press them by accident.
Unicomp Classic | Chicony KB-5181 (Monterey Blues) | IBM Model M (1391401) | IBM XT Model F | IBM AT Model F | Dell AT101W | 122-key IBM Model F
IBM Model M13 | Apple Extended Keyboard | Apple Extended Keyboard II | MTEK K104 | NTC KB-6251/2 | Realforce 87U | Realforce 104U | Type Heaven

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 11:34:28 »
That looks surprisingly good and I love the layout.  Hopefully the build quality is good too.

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 11:45:41 »
Really reminds me of the Neo KB-87, but with a better casing/base. The only thing I don't like about the layout is how the escape key is not in the top left corner....

Offline Rule16

• R.I.P. SmallFry
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 11:56:50 »
Macro keys? Sounds like its going to be a "gaming" type keyboard IE, poor quality.
| KB Paradise V60 Maias Quiet Click | Realforce 55gram 87U | MiniTouch (Ivory Hua-Jie) | Poker II | IBM Model F | Unicomp Ultraclassic | Dell AT101W (Black Alps) | WASD Code (Clear) |
Dvorak Only Zone

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 13:06:39 »
Really reminds me of the Neo KB-87, but with a better casing/base. The only thing I don't like about the layout is how the escape key is not in the top left corner....

It appears they put a volume wheel where the escape key 'should' be

Offline phetto

• HHKB JP
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 13:07:56 »
Pretty keyboard, smart layout

Offline ITzNybble

• Formerly curro123083
  • Nibble or Nybble either way it sounds delicious!
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 13:08:05 »

Anything they add to the "left" side is fine. I don't really care... as long as they don't add useless things to the "right side"
very true
WASD V1 Custom - MX Blue
Custom Miami QFR - MX Green
Handwired Redox-Manuform - Box Pink/Box Navy
KBD67 MKII PolyCarbonate - Gateron CJ

Offline alaricljs

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 13:31:31 »

It appears they put a volume wheel where the escape key 'should' be

Esc is right where it usually goes above tilde, then there's an entire additional column to the left with that wheelie deal.
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 14:16:48 »
Only big thing I don't like about it is the strange gapping from F8-F9. It's much larger than the F4-F5 gap. I'm guessing it's a compromise to accommodate something on the PCB, but I really don't like that since I use the F-keys frequently. Looks like it has some potential though.

Also, why are people still ignorantly and stupidly bashing China as automatically "bad"? We've been over this two dozen times. China is not automatically bad, get the hell over it.
"I remain convinced I am the only person alive who has successfully worn out an IBM Model M mechanically."
Daily Drivers: Adesso 625 (NPKC PBT / Kailh Blue), Rosewill RK9000V2 (KC PBT / MX Brown), 1994 Model M13, Sun Type4, and the rare IBM 1394540.

Offline FoxWolf1

« Reply #15 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 14:45:48 »
Only big thing I don't like about it is the strange gapping from F8-F9. It's much larger than the F4-F5 gap. I'm guessing it's a compromise to accommodate something on the PCB, but I really don't like that since I use the F-keys frequently. Looks like it has some potential though.

Also, why are people still ignorantly and stupidly bashing China as automatically "bad"? We've been over this two dozen times. China is not automatically bad, get the hell over it.

That gap seems to be where the USB hub was supposed to go, though clearly there have been some revisions from the early renderings to the production version:

Also, I think the prejudice is not so much "China = automatically bad" as "Gamer = automatically bad". Which isn't that much better, since there's no way to know for sure the quality of something that doesn't exist yet.

Personally, I think it's something of a shame that they're not going to carry over the switch cover system from the GA9. For someone as clumsy and absent-minded as myself, any feature that increases protection from liquids and debris, even if only by a little, has the potential to be a significant selling point...
Oberhofer Model 1101 | PadTech Hall Effect (Prototype) | RK RC930-104 v2 | IBM Model M | Noppoo TANK | Keycool Hero 104

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 15:21:26 »
That was my guess on the spacing. I actually want one of these now, though I'm skeptical it would become daily driver. I really need a full 105. Too much numpad work to do.

The Rexine is interesting - so much for those "it's a metal wrist rest" complaints. Rexine is a faux-leather/cloth treatment. (Also metal conducts and retains heat better than plastic, meaning that once warmed up it will stay warmer longer.)
"I remain convinced I am the only person alive who has successfully worn out an IBM Model M mechanically."
Daily Drivers: Adesso 625 (NPKC PBT / Kailh Blue), Rosewill RK9000V2 (KC PBT / MX Brown), 1994 Model M13, Sun Type4, and the rare IBM 1394540.

Offline alaricljs

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #17 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 15:30:17 »
Nice that it's not 'bare metal' but if you're taking appropriate breaks from your typing that warm up/retain argument doesn't work so well.

Pretty nifty design, but yeah the F-row oddity would make it not a daily for me.
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #18 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 15:34:53 »
Nice that it's not 'bare metal' but if you're taking appropriate breaks from your typing that warm up/retain argument doesn't work so well.

Pretty nifty design, but yeah the F-row oddity would make it not a daily for me.

I used to use a similar wrist rest. Aluminum with similar treatments actually holds heat a pretty long time. Might actually end up too hot for me, since it's worse for me to take breaks.

But yeah, if the F-row is evenly spaced as pictured immediately above versus the weird spacing, I'd definitely give it a try. (As long as it comes in MX Blues.)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #19 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 15:53:17 »
I like the marco keys and multiple layers, but not much else.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #20 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 15:55:05 »
Saw this on kbdmania a while back. Looks like an even lower profile, tkl version of corsairs stuff.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline FoxWolf1

« Reply #21 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 15:55:15 »
The image with a normal F-row is pretty old, and a rendering rather than an actual product photo, so I'd expect it to have the gap.

Pulled these from a Taobao ad here.
Oberhofer Model 1101 | PadTech Hall Effect (Prototype) | RK RC930-104 v2 | IBM Model M | Noppoo TANK | Keycool Hero 104

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #22 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 16:36:28 »
Looks good, but I hate the macro keys
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #23 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 14:32:42 »
Weird to have LEDs and no bezel around the keys. The LEDs for the front keys are more visible from the front than through the keycaps ...
🍉