Author Topic: What Keyboard Are You Using Now?  (Read 1929914 times)

Offline Man In Blue

• formery Sollace
  • Man In Blue#9548
Re: What Keyboard Are You Using Now?
« Reply #6550 on: Fri, 14 February 2020, 16:09:04 »
Im getting the chance to break in a Realforce R2 TKL. Really enjoying it. Ill probably break it in for a month or 2, then lube her up and try to get my hands on a norbaforce. Really enjoying this board so far.
The Koreans did it all right ;)

Offline Techno Trousers

• ʘ_ಠ
« Reply #6551 on: Fri, 14 February 2020, 16:46:43 »

I would rather not modify an original F AT. It felt weird to me even just putting box jades into a Unitek K-151L. I have at least one of Ellipse's new ones on order though (for now). Do you have an F-122? They're easier to adapt without breaking out power tools.
I do have an F122, and I ANSI modded that. I use an Orihalcon Soarer's converter cable with it, so I do have a key mapped to Windows, and that helps a lot. I personally don't think it's an issue modding old keyboards. From my perspective they are primarily a tool, not a collector's item, so it makes sense to modify them to best work for that purpose.

I haven't ordered an Ellipse reproduction. Those are not quite TKL form factor either, so I think I'll be just as happy with a modded F AT. Of course I will use a soarer's cable with it as well to have Windows key and extra ANSI keys mapped.

The ultimate capacitive buckling spring keyboard for me would be the MF/Mara, but I despair of it ever being completed.

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #6552 on: Sat, 15 February 2020, 13:23:11 »
I do have an F122, and I ANSI modded that. I use an Orihalcon Soarer's converter cable with it, so I do have a key mapped to Windows, and that helps a lot. I personally don't think it's an issue modding old keyboards. From my perspective they are primarily a tool, not a collector's item, so it makes sense to modify them to best work for that purpose.

I haven't ordered an Ellipse reproduction. Those are not quite TKL form factor either, so I think I'll be just as happy with a modded F AT. Of course I will use a soarer's cable with it as well to have Windows key and extra ANSI keys mapped.

The ultimate capacitive buckling spring keyboard for me would be the MF/Mara, but I despair of it ever being completed.

Nice. I wouldn't mind doing the same with an F122. Even the F AT takes up a lot of desk space, space I already don't have enough of at work. I like the idea of a solid metal chassis too, and not having to worry about beating up an 80's relic.

Silo beam springs will happen at least.

Online Rob27shred

• insane in the membrane
« Reply #6553 on: Sat, 15 February 2020, 15:26:59 »
235845-0
My test bed Klippe still as I'm trying to get the Chellows (Gat yellows with Cherry tops) I got in it broken in enough to go into my E6.5 since you can't open the switches with it's plate. Just gave it a change up to GMK Nines from Oblivion V2 today. Really digging how well Nines matches the gray Klippe color!
« Last Edit: Sat, 15 February 2020, 15:30:10 by Rob27shred »

Offline gorauskas

« Reply #6554 on: Mon, 24 February 2020, 00:23:31 »
Just finished putting together this board today and using it to type this:

236375-0

236377-1

Here are the specs:

• Klippe Case
  • Plain60-C PCB
  • Screw-In gold plated stabs
  • Aluminium Plate
  • Zilents 67g switches
  • Maxkey Leviathan keycaps

The Zilentsí stems are lubed with krytox 205 and the springs are lubed with krytox 105. The stabs are lubed with krytox 205 also and the band-aid mod is in place. There is a Sorbothane pad between the case and the PCB for extra dampenning. Very smooth, quiet, yet bumpy feel on the keys Ö Iím pretty proud of this build, if I do say so myself. One slight annoyance is that the stabs on the space bar hit slightly on the way back up Ö If anyone has any pointers it will be much appreciated. Perhaps more lube?

Offline treeleaf64

« Reply #6555 on: Tue, 25 February 2020, 20:24:33 »
Right now I'm using a DSI 90 key modular mechanical keyboard. I do not like it very much. Planning to replace the switches with BOX clicky (started a thread to ask people about their favorite clickbar switches) and then will give it to my brother, who has never used a mechanical keyboard.