Author Topic: Anyone here Bench over 200?  (Read 10268 times)

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
Re: Anyone here Bench over 200?
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 14 August 2013, 14:00:59 »
still doesn't answer my question :(

Probably related to my job...
I'm a "industrial mechanic", it's mostly manual work and also kinda demanding.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #51 on: Wed, 14 August 2013, 14:38:09 »

Yea but you lift engine block like it's no body's business... yea?

Offline iri

« Reply #52 on: Wed, 14 August 2013, 14:40:20 »
i'm a bit jealous. have to sit on my office chair for at least 9 hours a day.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #53 on: Wed, 14 August 2013, 14:48:16 »

I sit in an office chair for 17 hours by choice. ;D

Offline iri

« Reply #54 on: Wed, 14 August 2013, 14:52:55 »
i can't believe you actually have a job. family business?
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #55 on: Wed, 14 August 2013, 14:55:20 »
i can't believe you actually have a job. family business?

don't worry about it :D

Offline Luke

• My Technology Blog
« Reply #56 on: Wed, 14 August 2013, 15:58:32 »
I think I'm the heaviest guy in the thread, I'm 210 pounds at 6'3" and I'm not American :p

I'm not into weight lifting (I like Mountaineering) but I imagine I could lift quite well :)

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #57 on: Wed, 14 August 2013, 16:22:31 »
I think I'm the heaviest guy in the thread, I'm 210 pounds at 6'3" and I'm not American :p

I'm not into weight lifting (I like Mountaineering) but I imagine I could lift quite well :)

Nope.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #58 on: Wed, 14 August 2013, 16:27:49 »

either tech support or 1-900 operator....

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #59 on: Wed, 14 August 2013, 16:28:03 »

Nope.

Definitely not.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #60 on: Wed, 14 August 2013, 18:27:43 »

Hi, this is Sanjay Patel, would you like to order n ergodox? :D

But in all honesty,  Those people work hard to feed their family.. You guys really shouldn't think less of them or use their occupation as insults.

alas, I am not tele-support

Offline Flamingchook

• There are no dumb questions, only forbidden ones.
« Reply #61 on: Wed, 14 August 2013, 18:41:46 »
That's 90.7185Kg (assuming the OP is in pounds).

If that's the case then that's 1.5 times my body weight :). I'm 190cm and 61kg (that's 6'3", 135 pounds). I can safely say I can't bench 200 pounds

Here's a photo of me:

:D

Damn dude... you're slightly heavier than me, and 8 inches taller O_O

anorexia ? :D

Not anorexic, I just have a fast metabolism.
MX: Filco Majestouch Metalic Blue 104-key w/ MX Brown, JD40 w/ MX Green, ErgoDox w/ MX Blue, GHPad w/ MX Blue. Topre: Realforce 87U 45g. BS: IBM Model M 52G9700 29-OCT-93
Soon™: GH60 w/ 62g MX Clear, [CTRL]ALT 60 w/ MX Green

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #62 on: Wed, 14 August 2013, 19:06:07 »

Hi, this is Sanjay Patel, would you like to order n ergodox? :D

But in all honesty,  Those people work hard to feed their family.. You guys really shouldn't think less of them or use their occupation as insults.

alas, I am not tele-support

Who's insulting? I was being serious. I mean not many people spend 17 hours in a chair.

And 1-900 would most likely be ginger or Debbie.

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
« Reply #63 on: Thu, 15 August 2013, 00:40:22 »

No engine blocks, not that kind of mechanic, more the engineer and metalworker kind of. I build big welded aluminum constructions (lower part of car bodys for high speed trains) which are made of dozens and dozens of pieces. Each piece has to be fitted to measure (grinding) and gets mounted in fixtures for welding (4 small parts welded to one bigger piece + 5 other bigger pieces result in a even bigger piece + some other even bigger pieces resulting in one huge piece, etc...), this involves a lot of crawling and climbing (these fixtures can get huge, train size at the end of the process) and also lots of clamping / pressing / winching / etc. as all the welding causes a lot tension (because of the induced heat and the resulting shrinkage... you would be surprised what kind of bending/deformation heat can cause) so you have to mount stuff over-size or with "negative tension" (forcing stuff in the opposite direction of the shrinkage / resulting tension), sometimes it takes several tons of force to ensure everything ends up straight in the end (tolerances for several meter long pieces are like +/- 4mm, less for the smaller parts as tolerances add up when smaller pieces are put together to a bigger one). Well, the workflow is kinda hard to explain to a "outsider" and I wish I could film it with a go-pro mounted on my helmet (would make a awesome docu), but filming is strongly prohibited (espionage).

But yeah, I also have to carry heavy stuff around or swing a 20 pound sledgehammer ;D
« Last Edit: Thu, 15 August 2013, 00:46:15 by TheSoulhunter »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #64 on: Thu, 15 August 2013, 00:48:49 »
^ This is the way!

Gym is all very well, but it might get you looking nice and very good at doing the sort of thing you do in gyms.

But building muscles in a regular and practical way will give you strength you can use all the time.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #65 on: Thu, 15 August 2013, 01:54:40 »
^ This is the way!

Gym is all very well, but it might get you looking nice and very good at doing the sort of thing you do in gyms.

But building muscles in a regular and practical way will give you strength you can use all the time.

The problem with many body weight workouts if your goal is aesthetics, is muscle symmetry which isn't a natural occurrence.

Offline iri

« Reply #66 on: Thu, 15 August 2013, 02:46:23 »

No engine blocks, not that kind of mechanic, more the engineer and metalworker kind of. I build big welded aluminum constructions (lower part of car bodys for high speed trains) which are made of dozens and dozens of pieces. Each piece has to be fitted to measure (grinding) and gets mounted in fixtures for welding (4 small parts welded to one bigger piece + 5 other bigger pieces result in a even bigger piece + some other even bigger pieces resulting in one huge piece, etc...), this involves a lot of crawling and climbing (these fixtures can get huge, train size at the end of the process) and also lots of clamping / pressing / winching / etc. as all the welding causes a lot tension (because of the induced heat and the resulting shrinkage... you would be surprised what kind of bending/deformation heat can cause) so you have to mount stuff over-size or with "negative tension" (forcing stuff in the opposite direction of the shrinkage / resulting tension), sometimes it takes several tons of force to ensure everything ends up straight in the end (tolerances for several meter long pieces are like +/- 4mm, less for the smaller parts as tolerances add up when smaller pieces are put together to a bigger one). Well, the workflow is kinda hard to explain to a "outsider" and I wish I could film it with a go-pro mounted on my helmet (would make a awesome docu), but filming is strongly prohibited (espionage).

But yeah, I also have to carry heavy stuff around or swing a 20 pound sledgehammer ;D
and now i am quite a bit jealous!

-Ray Bradbury

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
« Reply #67 on: Thu, 15 August 2013, 03:27:50 »

and now i am quite a bit jealous!

You would perhaps even feel at home here, a good part of my co-workers are from Russia...
Btw, we also build the "Lastochka" a.k.a. "Sochi Train" for the RZD, perhaps you have seen it?

Offline iri

« Reply #68 on: Thu, 15 August 2013, 03:59:29 »
Btw, we also build the "Lastochka" a.k.a. "Sochi Train" for the RZD, perhaps you have seen it?
yeah, saw a bunch of them in a train depot in saint petersburg. pretty ones! i thought they were made in russia :(

-Ray Bradbury

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
« Reply #69 on: Thu, 15 August 2013, 12:23:39 »
yeah, saw a bunch of them in a train depot in saint petersburg. pretty ones! i thought they were made in russia :(

First batch is made here, second batch is supposed to be a joint-venture with Ural Locomotives...