Author Topic: HHKB Pro 2 Love  (Read 438831 times)

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
Re: HHKB Pro 2 Love
« Reply #200 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 03:20:06 »
ARRG. I can't make up my mind between the HHKB and the FC660C.

I really like the sound (the actual sound) of the Fc660c but the pad printed key caps worries me. Should that stop me from getting the keyboard?

And then there is the HHKB pro 2 and that is just as good but from what i hear i might prefer the plate mounted vs the case mounted. Not sure.

And care to shed some light?

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #201 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 03:26:00 »
ARRG. I can't make up my mind between the HHKB and the FC660C.

I really like the sound (the actual sound) of the Fc660c but the pad printed key caps worries me. Should that stop me from getting the keyboard?

And then there is the HHKB pro 2 and that is just as good but from what i hear i might prefer the plate mounted vs the case mounted. Not sure.

And care to shed some light?

Worth it
Now to decide which one to keep... the 660C or this HHKB... Let the testing begin.

I'm curious to hear what you think of the two. I'm going to buy either the FC660C or the HHKB, but I'm not sure I want to spend the extra cash for the hhkb. When you've fully tested, I'd love to know what you think of the hhkb layout.

I'll agree that it's worth it because the HHKB is a glorious keyboard, but is it worth more than a 660C? I think not, at least not yet. We'll see :P

For now, my rough thoughts:

- HHKB has a more raw feel because of the plastic case mounting which is nice and fun, but I prefer the softer feedback which the 660C provides because of the steel plate. 

+1 point 660C for dem feelz

- The famous and worthy thock on the HHKB is awesome, as expected, but I also still love the springier and poppier (not real word but you get what I mean) sounding thock on my 660C just as much. People who have tried both or have a 660C probably should know what I mean when I say springier and poppier.

Tie here. They both sound awesome in their own ways.

The looks I'll have to give to the HHKB because of the more uniform look and prettier blank keycaps. The 660C is just as pretty but those Leopold stock caps....

+1 point to HHKB for dem lookz.

So for now, they're on equal standing... this is too difficult :(

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=49129.msg1101467#msg1101467

Welcome to my world.

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #202 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 03:34:55 »

1. I usually do Fn with my right thumb, then press the arrow keys with my right index or middle finger.

2. Right thumb on right command, and right index finger on ~` (which happens to have my 3D CC on it atm).
rowdy, I supposed you flipped the Fn key to the Alt or Command on the right, didn't you? I don't think anyone could manage a right thumb on the actual Fn key and then have the middle/index finger on the arrows :D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #203 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 04:11:27 »
2. Right thumb on right command, and right index finger on ~` (which happens to have my 3D CC on it atm).

TYPING ON A CC :eek:

JK... kinda :))

I used to have it on Esc, but found I was pressing it too much so I moved it to `~ which I use far less, even though I am on a Mac (which uses Command-` to switch between open windows in the active application).

1. I usually do Fn with my right thumb, then press the arrow keys with my right index or middle finger.

rowdy, I supposed you flipped the Fn key to the Alt or Command on the right, didn't you? I don't think anyone could manage a right thumb on the actual Fn key and then have the middle/index finger on the arrows :D

Fn is still Fn - that little key to the right of the right Shift.  I have fairly large hands.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline unicomp_uc

• Interboardal Love
« Reply #204 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 07:06:16 »
So I am typing this in my new HHKB Pro 2 black and I can't say for sure it is love yet but I do have a couple of questions but I am not sure if I want to rescan 7 pages of this thread or other threads so....
1. for arrow keys, I have to press the FN key down. What are your usual mode of doing this? I find that using my right hand pinky to press the Fn down and the the rest of the fingers on the diamond shape keys are awkward and tiring. Is there a better way?

2. I need to get used to Command-Tilde on the right hand to switch between open window in the Mac; normally I use the left hand instead because they tilde is on the left. This is a bizarre layout. Any tips?

Due to my somewhat chaotic typing method, I might not be the best to respond to this, but ...

No wonder you keep talking about struggling to adjust to the arrow keys post after post. You may "need" the very bottom left for its original purpose, but why not just adjust that to be your additional 'fn' key?  You would never take your hands off home row if you're a touch typist. Since you aren't a touch typist, at least you would no longer be trying to manhandle a combination of fn and the arrow on the same side of the board.

Just left hand pinky the fn and right hand is already resting on the left arrow key for easy navigation if you're in the correct typing position to answer the original question.
Realforce 87U Silent (work) | HHKB Pro 2 | Filco Minila browns | Unicomp Ultra Classic

Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #205 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 08:54:23 »
But there is no Fn key on the left side of HHKB, is there?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #206 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 08:56:13 »

You can remap one of the diamond's to be FN on the bottom row

Offline unicomp_uc

• Interboardal Love
« Reply #207 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 09:05:44 »

Turn dipswitch 4 on to remap fn to the bottom left key, turn on 5 to move alt to the key right next to it.
Realforce 87U Silent (work) | HHKB Pro 2 | Filco Minila browns | Unicomp Ultra Classic

Offline hasu

• @tmk
    • tmk keyboard firmware project
HHKB Pro 2 Love
« Reply #208 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 09:14:10 »
1. for arrow keys,
You can use ctrl+[npfb] instead of arrow keys. IIRC, most of apps accept those emacs bind with easy configuration.

2. I need to get used to Command-Tilde on the right hand to switch between open window in the Mac; normally I use the left hand instead because they tilde is on the left. This is a bizarre layout. Any tips?
Buy not bizarre keyboard ;p

Offline tuxsavvy

• 白HHKBの魔法使い
« Reply #209 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 18:57:03 »
1. for arrow keys,
You can use ctrl+[npfb] instead of arrow keys. IIRC, most of apps accept those emacs bind with easy configuration.

Buy not bizarre keyboard ;p
"Buy not bizarre keyboard"  :))

No, seriously you can get something like KeyRemap4MacBook (credit goes to hydrospell whom pointed this out) which will happily allow one to rebind say for instance your 1/F1 key for instance into your tilde. Although it will not be as close to where the tilde used to sit but I'm sure one can eventually accomodate for that (over time of course). Having gotten used to the idea of pressing Ctrl+` to switch between the IME input on PS3 I tried to replicate that on a computer which worked until I got my HHKB. Now if I were to do something like Ctrl+` on computer I would instead remap it as Ctrl+@ instead. As a side note, no I have not tried plugging my HHKB into my PS3 so I would not know how my PS3 would react.
HHKB Pro JP Type-S | Northgate Omnikey 101 | APC/"Clicker" F-21 (GOG3YL) | Cherry G80-5000 HAMDE

僕の日本語が下手です。我的中文也一樣爛。

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #210 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 23:24:36 »
So I am typing this in my new HHKB Pro 2 black and I can't say for sure it is love yet but I do have a couple of questions but I am not sure if I want to rescan 7 pages of this thread or other threads so....
1. for arrow keys, I have to press the FN key down. What are your usual mode of doing this? I find that using my right hand pinky to press the Fn down and the the rest of the fingers on the diamond shape keys are awkward and tiring. Is there a better way?

Due to my somewhat chaotic typing method, I might not be the best to respond to this, but ...

No wonder you keep talking about struggling to adjust to the arrow keys post after post. You may "need" the very bottom left for its original purpose, but why not just adjust that to be your additional 'fn' key?  You would never take your hands off home row if you're a touch typist. Since you aren't a touch typist, at least you would no longer be trying to manhandle a combination of fn and the arrow on the same side of the board.

Just left hand pinky the fn and right hand is already resting on the left arrow key for easy navigation if you're in the correct typing position to answer the original question.

I can touch type, it is just rare that I find myself in a position to do so.  Most of the longer replies I post here I sort of touch type (like now, for instance).  There I don't tend to make too many mistakes, and usually correct them by tapping backspace a couple of times, rather than typing the rest of the sentence and only then navigating back to correct the typos.

But most of what I do is short bursts of special characters while programming.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline unicomp_uc

• Interboardal Love
« Reply #211 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 23:53:08 »

I can touch type, it is just rare that I find myself in a position to do so.  Most of the longer replies I post here I sort of touch type (like now, for instance).  There I don't tend to make too many mistakes, and usually correct them by tapping backspace a couple of times, rather than typing the rest of the sentence and only then navigating back to correct the typos.

that's cool man. I was just wondering why you haven't used the dip switch to make the bottom left key a fn button so you could use your right hand just for arrow navigation regardless of where your hands fell on the board.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #212 on: Sat, 09 November 2013, 03:00:53 »

that's cool man. I was just wondering why you haven't used the dip switch to make the bottom left key a fn button so you could use your right hand just for arrow navigation regardless of where your hands fell on the board.

Entropy ;)

Offline SuperiorKarate

« Reply #213 on: Sun, 10 November 2013, 18:26:48 »
my hhkb is in the mail (white, blank caps). can't wait, brother, can't wait :thumb:

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #214 on: Sun, 10 November 2013, 18:35:39 »
I'm getting my HHKB for christmas. I can't wait!

Probably the best christmas present ever?

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #215 on: Sun, 10 November 2013, 18:44:10 »

Absolutely! you're going to love it!
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #216 on: Sun, 10 November 2013, 21:41:31 »

At first quick glance I thought you said "Apparently you're going to love it" :))

Offline Emospence

« Reply #217 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 01:22:29 »

You have the exact same two keyboards as me, lol..
Keyboards: Topre Realforce 87UW 55g x 2
Mice: Zowie EC1 eVo CL x 2
Mousepads: Artisan Hien VE x 2, Razer Mantis Speed

Offline reziak

• Topre/60% Enthusiast
« Reply #218 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 16:28:34 »
I...I just ordered my HHKB. Oh my god, I can't believe it. BRB when my wallet recovers....

HHKB Pro 2 | FC660C | HHKB Pro 2 Type-S

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #219 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 16:52:48 »
I...I just ordered my HHKB. Oh my god, I can't believe it. BRB when my wallet recovers....

Congratulations!  Welcome to the club (almost).

Hope you enjoy the oneness with cup rubber!

Offline kelske

• The North Borders
« Reply #220 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 18:27:44 »

Congrats!!

This will be you in a few short weeks:

:))
HHKB Type-S 55g - FC660M - FC210TP

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #221 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 18:34:02 »

Congrats!!

Show Image

:)) seems to be a popular trend

Offline C5Allroad

• Formerly HUNTERANGEL121
  • Watch out, I post when half asleep.
« Reply #222 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 20:29:27 »
I'm actually really interested in Topre.... I am tempted to buy Torpe...

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #223 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 20:48:07 »

You have the exact same two keyboards as me, lol..
haha, that's awesome! I love your avatar btw! And @ Hunterangel...don't resist the urge! it will be the best decision ever!
« Last Edit: Wed, 13 November 2013, 20:49:58 by Flyersfan1 »
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline Emospence

« Reply #224 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 21:00:25 »
Congrats!!

Show Image

Hope I'll feel that way about 55g RF heh

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #225 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 21:02:57 »
After using the HHKB Pro 2 for 4 days I am very happy with it and do not understand the fuss about 55g? 45g feels pretty solid for me. It doesn't feel mushy. Admittedly it is not as hard as Matias Quiet Pro nor Code MX Clears but it's not that soft either. It is a bit harder than the MX Blues though, so I thought the HHKB strikes a awfully good balance between Blues and Clears/Alps.

And no, you don't need to tell me about 55g because, I am done with keyboard, you hear me!!!

Offline Emospence

« Reply #226 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 21:53:24 »
After using the HHKB Pro 2 for 4 days I am very happy with it and do not understand the fuss about 55g? 45g feels pretty solid for me. It doesn't feel mushy. Admittedly it is not as hard as Matias Quiet Pro nor Code MX Clears but it's not that soft either. It is a bit harder than the MX Blues though, so I thought the HHKB strikes a awfully good balance between Blues and Clears/Alps.

And no, you don't need to tell me about 55g because, I am done with keyboard, you hear me!!!

I've been reading that HHKB is actually between 45g and 55g RF even though it's rated at 45g, and that 55g is quite a bit snappier

;D

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #227 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 21:56:49 »
Even better! I am happy with 50g then :P :P

Offline kelske

• The North Borders
« Reply #228 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 21:59:47 »
Congrats!!

Show Image

Hope I'll feel that way about 55g RF heh

Mate.. just swap the domes into your HHKB! then you have the turbo-mega

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #229 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 22:03:50 »
Soon....

Got new key caps - check
Found my dental bands - check
Swapped in 55g domes - check

Offline reziak

• Topre/60% Enthusiast
« Reply #230 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 23:24:19 »

Congrats!!

Show Image

Lol! Oh man, might be the case. Will probably still work on those Pokers...Gotta have something to display all these keycaps on!

HHKB Pro 2 | FC660C | HHKB Pro 2 Type-S

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #231 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 23:40:26 »
I plug the HHKB to the MacBook Air. During breaks, the Air goes to sleep. When I come back and press Return or Space in the HHKB, it doesn't wake up the Air. It's as though the connection to USB is cut.

It didn't happen with the Poker 2 which was able to wake up the Air from sleep.

Anyone observe this?

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #232 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 23:41:31 »
My HHKB was itchin' for a slight change of clothes today ~

55g still feels best :P
« Last Edit: Wed, 13 November 2013, 23:55:41 by VesperSAINT »

Offline Emospence

« Reply #233 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 23:50:46 »
Mate.. just swap the domes into your HHKB! then you have the turbo-mega

I'm actually looking forward to having a normal TKL layout and plate mount, feels more different so I can better justify the purchase heh.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #234 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 23:56:43 »
I plug the HHKB to the MacBook Air. During breaks, the Air goes to sleep. When I come back and press Return or Space in the HHKB, it doesn't wake up the Air. It's as though the connection to USB is cut.

Anyone observe this?

I get this with a few mechanical keyboards (and a Mac mini).  Some wake the mac from its slumber, some do not.  The HHKB does not.

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #235 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 00:00:39 »

Show Image
Show Image

Wow, that looks awesome! I'm super jealous of that lime green set. Does it come with extra keys to fit the 23u/ub?

Offline unicomp_uc

• Interboardal Love
« Reply #236 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 00:04:09 »

Show Image
Show Image

She's a sassy lil' ***** in her green 'n white. Looks good.

Offline kelske

• The North Borders
« Reply #237 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 00:16:21 »

Anyone observe this?

Try turning on DipSwitch #6 "Wake Up" :)

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #238 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 00:19:28 »
So simple! Thanks kelske! Didn't expect THAT to be a DIP switch. I wonder why? It's not a good idea to keep on powering a topre?

Edit: bet that rowdy didn't know too :P
« Last Edit: Thu, 14 November 2013, 00:28:10 by Belfong »

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #239 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 00:20:44 »
Wow, that looks awesome! I'm super jealous of that lime green set. Does it come with extra keys to fit the 23u/ub?

The set doesn't come with extra caps for a 23u/b, but if you don't use all the keys on a 87u/b or 104u/b, you can use the left overs to do so:

She's a sassy lil' ***** in her green 'n white. Looks good.

She is the feisty one ;) Thanks for the compliments.

Offline Keytrun

« Reply #240 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 01:07:09 »
So let me ask you guys - if I would be using a HHKB primarily for gaming would the 55g be better than the 45? How do you even get a 55g? I don't see it on elite keyboards. I see you guys talking about switching domes. How complicated is that?

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #241 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 01:10:10 »
So let me ask you guys - if I would be using a HHKB primarily for gaming would the 55g be better than the 45? How do you even get a 55g? I don't see it on elite keyboards. I see you guys talking about switching domes. How complicated is that?

A 55g HHKB is only available through user modding, so you would have to own both a 55g Realforce board and an HHKB and swap out the rubber domes. I've never opened up a Topre board so I can't comment on the difficulty.

Offline Keytrun

« Reply #242 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 01:20:27 »
Is the 45g not good for gaming? I assume the 45g HHKB is uniform all around. I mainly play games like SC2 and DOTA. All day I've been trying to find thick PBT keycaps to equip either a WASD v2 or a Filco Mj2 with, but now I'm considering going topre instead.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #243 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 01:49:12 »

A 55g HHKB is only available through user modding, so you would have to own both a 55g Realforce board and an HHKB and swap out the rubber domes. I've never opened up a Topre board so I can't comment on the difficulty.

Modding a Topre board is much much more simpler than modding a Cherry board. The only thing you need to mod a Topre is a screw driver, and maybe scissors and some glue, but not required :D

Is the 45g not good for gaming? I assume the 45g HHKB is uniform all around. I mainly play games like SC2 and DOTA. All day I've been trying to find thick PBT keycaps to equip either a WASD v2 or a Filco Mj2 with, but now I'm considering going topre instead.

I don't think that it's not good enough for gaming, but rather just not optimal because of the nature of the switch. This is especially true for FPS games, but I think it's not bad for games like SC2 and DOTA. Of course, this is just my opinion. 55g is my favorite Topre and I think it's better overall, but I still prefer Cherry for gaming.

Offline Keytrun

« Reply #244 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 01:53:48 »
So do you think I should just continue my search for thick pbt OEM profile caps and go back to the cherry? For some reason I have this idea that topre may be better for gaming. Is that not the case?

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #245 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 02:04:20 »
So do you think I should just continue my search for thick pbt OEM profile caps and go back to the cherry? For some reason I have this idea that topre may be better for gaming. Is that not the case?

Nobody can decide what switch type works best for you. Only you can do that. If you have the ability to buy and try a couple boards, by all means, do so. But asking people what switch is best, is a waste of your time.

It's all personal preference.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #246 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 02:07:54 »

Nobody can decide what switch type works best for you. Only you can do that. If you have the ability to buy and try a couple boards, by all means, do so. But asking people what switch is best, is a waste of your time.

It's all personal preference.

This man speaks the truth.

Offline Keytrun

« Reply #247 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 02:15:56 »
I understand what you're saying - but if its a common opinion that topre isn't great for gaming its something I'd like to know before investing hundreds of dollars into a board. I don't really see any pro RTS gamers using topre, which makes me a little nervous about it for gaming. I see a lot of people here talking about how the 45g is "mushy". Can you tell me a little about that?

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #248 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 02:17:15 »
Personal preference, dude. You 'hear people talking' about their own preferences.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #249 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 02:59:39 »

Anyone observe this?

Try turning on DipSwitch #6 "Wake Up" :)

And I'm all like "wut I didn't even".

So I switched that one on and we'll see what happens in the morning.

Thanks!