Author Topic: HHKB Pro 2 Love  (Read 439581 times)

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
Re: HHKB Pro 2 Love
« Reply #300 on: Wed, 20 November 2013, 23:20:23 »
My first night with my HHKB Pro 2. Control took about an hour to get used to, Turned Delete into Backspace, that position got an hour to get used to. Used AutoHotKey to turn right Alt into Control. Now I can Ctrl + - and + in photoshop still with my right hand only. The Topre switched feel amazing like bouncing on baloons or trampolines or boobs lol the high pitch on top is annoying but my dental bands should be here tomorrow or the next day :) So far I love it! It is seriouslly WAY nicer to type on that my Rosewill. It feels so smooth like my fingers just bounce on over to the next letter. Love it so far! My blanks come tomorrow and I feel like I already know the layout well enough. Control where caps lock was (never used caps lock thank god thats gone), backspace down one, function at my right pinky, arrows on my num pad or to the left of return, print screen just slide middle finger up one key. ;) Awesome!

"Good feeling of oneness with cup rubber"
« Last Edit: Wed, 20 November 2013, 23:38:16 by dustinhxc »

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #301 on: Wed, 20 November 2013, 23:52:07 »
My first night with my HHKB Pro 2. Control took about an hour to get used to, Turned Delete into Backspace, that position got an hour to get used to. Used AutoHotKey to turn right Alt into Control. Now I can Ctrl + - and + in photoshop still with my right hand only. The Topre switched feel amazing like bouncing on baloons or trampolines or boobs lol the high pitch on top is annoying but my dental bands should be here tomorrow or the next day :) So far I love it! It is seriouslly WAY nicer to type on that my Rosewill. It feels so smooth like my fingers just bounce on over to the next letter. Love it so far! My blanks come tomorrow and I feel like I already know the layout well enough. Control where caps lock was (never used caps lock thank god thats gone), backspace down one, function at my right pinky, arrows on my num pad or to the left of return, print screen just slide middle finger up one key. ;) Awesome!

May I ask how you turned delete into backspace? That's the one thing I want to change about the HHKB. This would make things so much better.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #302 on: Wed, 20 November 2013, 23:53:09 »

Another convert :)

Now give yourself a couple of weeks of using only HHKB, and then try going back to another keyboard.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #303 on: Wed, 20 November 2013, 23:53:20 »

May I ask how you turned delete into backspace? That's the one thing I want to change about the HHKB. This would make things so much better.

Turn switch 3 to the on position inside the back panel. :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #304 on: Wed, 20 November 2013, 23:53:49 »

Dip switch 3?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #305 on: Wed, 20 November 2013, 23:55:08 »
I got a topre Steel Brobot so i guess it's topre or nothing now...HHKB is going to look mighty fine with my new Brobot on it...Soon, Soon.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #306 on: Wed, 20 November 2013, 23:55:18 »

Dip switch 3?

Yep!

Another convert :)

Now give yourself a couple of weeks of using only HHKB, and then try going back to another keyboard.

haha Oh boy :D yeah!!!

I got a topre Steel Brobot so i guess it's topre or nothing now...HHKB is going to look mighty fine with my new Brobot on it...Soon, Soon.

Good choice! Im so glad I switched. I will get a MX in the future but im glad I sold my Rosewill and got this HHKB, WAY BETTER!
« Last Edit: Wed, 20 November 2013, 23:58:39 by dustinhxc »

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #307 on: Thu, 21 November 2013, 00:09:56 »

Dip switch 3?

Oh oops. I thought he was saying that I could make the top right 1x1 delete ('/~) into backspace... almost had a field day :( silly me

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #308 on: Thu, 21 November 2013, 00:13:15 »

Dip switch 3?

Oh oops. I thought he was saying that I could make the top right 1x1 delete ('/~) into backspace... almost had a field day :( silly me

You can! With http://www.autohotkey.com/ I made right Alt into Control and I made ` into backspace but then i changed it back to ` because i want to learn the hhkb layout for backspace first. :)

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #309 on: Thu, 21 November 2013, 00:17:41 »
You can! With http://www.autohotkey.com/ I made right Alt into Control and I made ` into backspace but then i changed it back to ` because i want to learn the hhkb layout for backspace first. :)

I actually installed this when I first got the HHKB because it was just too hard going back and forth on different boards (I kept pressing either "\|" or "`~" depending on what board I was using). The moment I get used to one, I'd make mistakes on the other, etc. However, I didn't bother with the software when it wasn't 1+1 :)) Maybe I'll actually look into how to work this thing later tonight.

If I get `~ to become backspace on the HHKB, will that mess with the other keyboards that have standard layouts? I usually have 2-3 keyboards hooked up at a time, so wouldn't want to have to press `~ in the top left corner of other keyboards to backpace :))

Offline reziak

• Topre/60% Enthusiast
« Reply #310 on: Thu, 21 November 2013, 00:18:37 »

This is going to look amazing!

HHKB Pro 2 | FC660C | HHKB Pro 2 Type-S

Offline terran5992

• One With The Cup Rubber
« Reply #311 on: Thu, 21 November 2013, 01:18:42 »

This is going to look amazing!

I would have bought one too if i wasnt so broke D:

Listokei Custom  |  HHKB Pro 2  |  Topre Realforce 103UBH  |  Armageddon MKA-3

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #312 on: Thu, 21 November 2013, 01:31:08 »

I actually installed this when I first got the HHKB because it was just too hard going back and forth on different boards (I kept pressing either "\|" or "`~" depending on what board I was using). The moment I get used to one, I'd make mistakes on the other, etc. However, I didn't bother with the software when it wasn't 1+1 :)) Maybe I'll actually look into how to work this thing later tonight.

If I get `~ to become backspace on the HHKB, will that mess with the other keyboards that have standard layouts? I usually have 2-3 keyboards hooked up at a time, so wouldn't want to have to press `~ in the top left corner of other keyboards to backpace :))

Yeah it only took me about 10 minutes to learn the basics. You can load the help file and the keyboard names file for reference.
You make an .ahk file in the autohotkey text editor. You type in commands. I am using:

#InstallKeybdHook
RAlt::Ctrl

You would want to enter
`::Backspace
(If thats what the official names are, i cant remember but there is a list. )
Then save it. Then you just run the file wherever you saved it.
You can right click, pause script. if it does affect your other boards. BUT you can use both the normal key and the key you assigned.

Offline SuperiorKarate

« Reply #313 on: Thu, 21 November 2013, 05:49:51 »
I'm still loving my hhkb after a few days, feels so right. Having to fumble with the dip switches and everything is part of the charm. I've been thinking of throwing the switch to get the fn key into the meta position, but I think that switches something else around that I don't want. Unfortunately I do have to move in and out of caps lock a lot for my job, so getting used to the fn key + ctrl for caps is a must. Flipping it into light mode restores the caps lock, but at the expense of the left control? Maybe I should just bite the bullet and do all custom key mappings or something, dunno.
I should also add that if the caps lock thing becomes too much of an issue, I would gladly quit my job rather than stop using the keyboard. That's how much I want to have its babies.
Incidentally - I'm sure you guys have seen this? http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=12047.0
I am in no way qualified to do this mod but it looks amazing.
« Last Edit: Thu, 21 November 2013, 06:15:32 by SuperiorKarate »

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #314 on: Thu, 21 November 2013, 06:37:58 »
I'm still loving my hhkb after a few days, feels so right. Having to fumble with the dip switches and everything is part of the charm. I've been thinking of throwing the switch to get the fn key into the meta position, but I think that switches something else around that I don't want. Unfortunately I do have to move in and out of caps lock a lot for my job, so getting used to the fn key + ctrl for caps is a must. Flipping it into light mode restores the caps lock, but at the expense of the left control? Maybe I should just bite the bullet and do all custom key mappings or something, dunno.
I should also add that if the caps lock thing becomes too much of an issue, I would gladly quit my job rather than stop using the keyboard. That's how much I want to have its babies.
Incidentally - I'm sure you guys have seen this? http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=12047.0
I am in no way qualified to do this mod but it looks amazing.

Hopefully hasu will have some more controllers sometime soonish I plan on doing that to mine, and it would be amazing if someone we could get the wireless on there.

Offline SuperiorKarate

« Reply #315 on: Thu, 21 November 2013, 07:56:54 »
I wish I had an hhkb, battery powered, that I could take standalone and would capture text on an sd card. I would just sit in the park all day and write on it. That was the first thing that struck be when I unboxed it. It's eminently portable.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #316 on: Thu, 21 November 2013, 08:06:03 »
I wish I had an hhkb, battery powered, that I could take standalone and would capture text on an sd card. I would just sit in the park all day and write on it. That was the first thing that struck be when I unboxed it. It's eminently portable.

Like an old school word processor!

Offline dsc.

« Reply #317 on: Thu, 21 November 2013, 09:42:29 »
The sound of raindrops is so soothing.

HHKB Pro 2
Ducky Pro Limited MX Brown/White Hybrid
Poker II MX Brown
Leopold FC660M MX Blue

Offline theMANtonio

• Go Hawks
« Reply #318 on: Thu, 21 November 2013, 14:03:27 »

Wait til you do a dental band mod....  :o

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #319 on: Thu, 21 November 2013, 14:40:06 »

Wait til you do a dental band mod....  :o

I can't wait my neon bands should be here today or tomorrow!

Offline SuperiorKarate

« Reply #320 on: Thu, 21 November 2013, 15:23:29 »
Please report how it turns out, how long it took, etc!  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #321 on: Thu, 21 November 2013, 15:25:05 »

I will Forsure!

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #322 on: Thu, 21 November 2013, 16:00:33 »
which size of dental bands are you guys using for silencing?

and maybe a german member here who knows how these are called in german? didn't find any of those in german ebay.

Offline Moosecraft

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #323 on: Thu, 21 November 2013, 16:11:56 »
I've been looking for dental bands in europe aswell but I can't seem to find em either..
I am bigfatmc over at other places!

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #324 on: Thu, 21 November 2013, 16:14:12 »
Already thought about buying some cheap in china. But they have a lot of different sizes (thickness). Not sure which to buy

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #325 on: Thu, 21 November 2013, 16:14:37 »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #326 on: Thu, 21 November 2013, 20:57:31 »

You could mate one with a Raspberry Pi - that would be portable, except for some sort of power supply.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #327 on: Thu, 21 November 2013, 21:37:44 »

You could mate one with a Raspberry Pi - that would be portable, except for some sort of power supply.

Batteries?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #328 on: Thu, 21 November 2013, 22:16:39 »

Batteries?

Er, well, yes, but what sort of battery would you need?  I wouldn't imagine that a couple of AA batteries would suffice.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #329 on: Thu, 21 November 2013, 22:18:38 »

Batteries?

Er, well, yes, but what sort of battery would you need?  I wouldn't imagine that a couple of AA batteries would suffice.

Something lithium ion, maybe a cell phone battery.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #330 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 00:10:13 »
I actually was thinking about getting a raspberry pi! thats work great. Just need a mobile monitor and youd be set.. a tablet maybe somehow? ;o

Offline terran5992

« Reply #331 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 00:17:28 »
I actually was thinking about getting a raspberry pi! thats work great. Just need a mobile monitor and youd be set.. a tablet maybe somehow? ;o

Just wondering what is a raspberry pi used for?

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #332 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 00:29:44 »

Its a mini computer! w linux :D

Offline vatin

« Reply #333 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 00:41:12 »
Hooking to an android phone or tablet should be much easier.
OLKB Planck V6

Offline Emospence

« Reply #334 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 00:45:07 »

Eating
Keyboards: Topre Realforce 87UW 55g x 2
Mice: Zowie EC1 eVo CL x 2
Mousepads: Artisan Hien VE x 2, Razer Mantis Speed

Offline NKRO

« Reply #335 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 21:29:56 »
Does anyone know how to rebind the Vol_Dn/Up/Mute keys on Windows?
My HHKB is in "Mac Mode" which should enable these functions but the system doesn't seem to be seeing them.

I am able to rebind the Eject command (F) using SharpKeys so that's acting as Play/Pause for now, but I would like to bind the others as Prev/Next Track.

Offline terran5992

« Reply #336 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 21:38:03 »
Does anyone know how to rebind the Vol_Dn/Up/Mute keys on Windows?
My HHKB is in "Mac Mode" which should enable these functions but the system doesn't seem to be seeing them.

I am able to rebind the Eject command (F) using SharpKeys so that's acting as Play/Pause for now, but I would like to bind the others as Prev/Next Track.

You might be able to do it with Autohotkeys. Dont quote me. Im not very sure

Offline SuperiorKarate

« Reply #337 on: Sat, 23 November 2013, 01:10:53 »
Right, that's what I was considering, although I've heard that some don't power the keyboard?

Offline NKRO

« Reply #338 on: Sat, 23 November 2013, 02:00:20 »
Thanks for the suggestion, but I think AutoHotKey works by setting up scripts (text files) for what keys you want remapped. The problem is that I don't know what the Vol_Up/Down/Mute keys are sending to the PC - it's not the standard commands.

Right, that's what I was considering, although I've heard that some don't power the keyboard?
The HHKB seems to require a lot of power compared to some keyboards - I guess because it has a USB2 hub built in?
Even to reliably use it with my PC, I have to connect it through a powered hub, and when I connect anything like a Flash Drive to the ports on the back of the keyboard it tells me that the device is not receiving enough power.

Offline theMANtonio

• Go Hawks
« Reply #339 on: Sat, 23 November 2013, 12:13:43 »

I love how the dental band mod came out. I opened my HHKB for the first time. 3 screws on the back, then 16 or 17 on the PCB. Took me about 1-1.5 hours. I put the board back together. Then took it apart again cuz I originally didn't put bands on the left Shift and Enter key (the stabilized keys). Then put it back together. I think the Enter key has the most shortened travel with the band mod.

Offline theMANtonio

• Go Hawks
« Reply #340 on: Sat, 23 November 2013, 12:14:20 »
Already thought about buying some cheap in china. But they have a lot of different sizes (thickness). Not sure which to buy

These are the bands that I used: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AGKNQBY

Offline tuxsavvy

• 白HHKBの魔法使い
« Reply #341 on: Sat, 23 November 2013, 13:05:56 »
Usually when supported handheld devices (smartphones and what not) when enabling USB OTG (On The Go). They would power whatever the subsequent USB device(s) that it is plugged into. Also enabling OTG drains a fair amount of power on the said device.

There are also USB Y cables that one can get to prevent their handhelds from going flat, most of them are available from sites like Ebay for instance.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I think AutoHotKey works by setting up scripts (text files) for what keys you want remapped. The problem is that I don't know what the Vol_Up/Down/Mute keys are sending to the PC - it's not the standard commands.

The HHKB seems to require a lot of power compared to some keyboards - I guess because it has a USB2 hub built in?
Even to reliably use it with my PC, I have to connect it through a powered hub, and when I connect anything like a Flash Drive to the ports on the back of the keyboard it tells me that the device is not receiving enough power.

The following links are in Japanese.

According to PFU's official site, the power offered by USB hubs are 100mA. I would guess the same thing applies regardless if you have the Pro2 or the Pro2 Type-S or if you have the Lite2 variant. PFU has also mentioned some of the limitations with the USB hub onboard the HHKB series (that have USB hubs): http://www.pfu.fujitsu.com/hhkeyboard/notice.html

I would say from my personal point of view is that it is not the keyboard itself that requires lots of power but possibly because of the limitations in the controller allows maximum drawing of 200mA total apart from the keyboard itself. Which again is 100mA max per port and there's only two sockets.

As for the volume up, volume down, eject, mute keys. On linux here I can see that with HHKB under windows mode it sends out the same key codes: 38, 39, 40, 41. These are a, s d, f respectively. Even with Fn key pressed they send out the exact same key codes. I recalled on PFU's official page that those media keys only work on Mac. So I unplugged my HHKB and flipped the first DIP to on (it was previously off, factory default as with every other DIP switches). When I plugged my HHKB back in and ran the same tool again. This time holding down the Fn key produced different key codes: 122, 123, 121, 198. These were again a, s, d, f but with the Fn key held down and with the first DIP switch turned on.

I think from memory the "Power" key (which is labelled as such on the Esc key but on the front) can also only be enabled when HHKB is set to Mac mode. The normal Esc key sends out key code 9, however when in Mac mode and Fn key is held down, the key code: 124 is displayed.

This basically tells me two things:
  • Media keys and power key only works when HHKB is in Mac mode.
  • Media keys and power key also requires Fn key to be depressed. Though I am sure most of you would be aware of that already.
I ran the command "xev" under linux to get the key codes. I guess if one were to be in windows they still need to in the very least enable HHKB in Mac mode to be able to make use of the extra keys that were once reserved for Macs. Actually there is a mentioning on the PFU site: http://www.pfu.fujitsu.com/hhkeyboard/hhkb_support/faq_pro.html

As a forewarning that when running HHKB in Mac mode, the key codes for other keys maybe different from when HHKB was set to Windows mode. I think PFU's support page on HHKB describes some of the changes.
« Last Edit: Sat, 23 November 2013, 16:06:07 by tuxsavvy »
HHKB Pro JP Type-S | Northgate Omnikey 101 | APC/"Clicker" F-21 (GOG3YL) | Cherry G80-5000 HAMDE

僕の日本語が下手です。我的中文也一樣爛。

Offline MJ45

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #342 on: Sat, 23 November 2013, 13:13:38 »

The USB hub on the HHKB only puts out 100ma I have found that very few devices work with that low power output. The only thing I have is a Corsair flash drive that will work but self powered like a DSLR work fine.

Offline reziak

• Topre/60% Enthusiast
« Reply #343 on: Sat, 23 November 2013, 16:04:26 »
I...I just ordered my HHKB. Oh my god, I can't believe it. BRB when my wallet recovers....

Congrats!!

This will be you in a few short weeks:
Show Image

:))

So much truth in this, lol. Going to finish my Poker and then sell off some of my other boards. They won't be seeing a whole lot of use now....

HHKB Pro 2 | FC660C | HHKB Pro 2 Type-S

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #344 on: Sat, 23 November 2013, 16:17:35 »
Does anyone know how long it takes for the cup rubber to harden to a point where it would be too heavy or too hard for the average person? Or just when it would start hardening to a point where you would feel it?

Offline SuperiorKarate

« Reply #345 on: Sat, 23 November 2013, 16:20:03 »
So much truth in this, lol. Going to finish my Poker and then sell off some of my other boards. They won't be seeing a whole lot of use now....
You'll love it. Worth every penny.

Offline tuxsavvy

• 白HHKBの魔法使い
« Reply #346 on: Sat, 23 November 2013, 16:29:03 »
Does anyone know how long it takes for the cup rubber to harden to a point where it would be too heavy or too hard for the average person? Or just when it would start hardening to a point where you would feel it?

Only this thread seems relevant: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=27474.0

Whether or not would one feel it I guess heavily depends from person to person.
HHKB Pro JP Type-S | Northgate Omnikey 101 | APC/"Clicker" F-21 (GOG3YL) | Cherry G80-5000 HAMDE

僕の日本語が下手です。我的中文也一樣爛。

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #347 on: Sat, 23 November 2013, 16:31:12 »
I...I just ordered my HHKB. Oh my god, I can't believe it. BRB when my wallet recovers....

Congrats!!

Show Image

Hey you're from MN nice! Cool purple brobot icon! Yeah the HHKB and a ten key pad is all ya need. I do want to build a poker 2 though.

Did the silence mod!

« Last Edit: Sat, 23 November 2013, 20:19:23 by dustinhxc »

Offline terran5992

« Reply #348 on: Sat, 23 November 2013, 21:04:20 »

Congrats!!

Show Image

Hey you're from MN nice! Cool purple brobot icon! Yeah the HHKB and a ten key pad is all ya need. I do want to build a poker 2 though.

Did the silence mod!

Show Image

Looks amazing. Could you do a video of how that sounds like?

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #349 on: Sat, 23 November 2013, 21:58:37 »

Congrats!!

Show Image

Did the silence mod!

Show Image

Looks amazing. Could you do a video of how that sounds like?

Thank You! Yes I made one for you! the ten key is browns w/ red o-rings. The HHKB is stock 45g w 3/16" medium dental bands.

Ive got photos here too: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=51403.0

« Last Edit: Sun, 24 November 2013, 01:06:20 by dustinhxc »