Author Topic: HHKB Pro 2 Love  (Read 439555 times)

Offline Awful

• Don't Topre.
Re: HHKB Pro 2 Love
« Reply #400 on: Fri, 06 December 2013, 15:10:15 »
Guys I can has join? I wanted to wait until this HO CC came in. :)

(It's on the left, because I swapped the ESC and the Tilde in keytweak)

I hate everything.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #401 on: Fri, 06 December 2013, 21:49:04 »
Those are both very beautiful HHKBs! I put my new photo in the topre and keyboard threads.  :thumb:

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #402 on: Fri, 06 December 2013, 22:19:30 »
I'm getting my black HHKB this month. And once i get a chance i will be getting a Rf blank white set. And i will have a couple (At least) Bro bots to put on it :D

Do you guys think i should buy a Cherry mx board after i get my HHKb just to test the waters on the other side?
« Last Edit: Fri, 06 December 2013, 22:22:29 by Air tree »

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #403 on: Fri, 06 December 2013, 22:30:27 »
I'm getting my black HHKB this month. And once i get a chance i will be getting a Rf blank white set. And i will have a couple (At least) Bro bots to put on it :D

Do you guys think i should buy a Cherry mx board after i get my HHKb just to test the waters on the other side?

I would! I'm getting a Poker X built. :) try to get a tester from someone so you can try what switch you like. I'm getting clears!

Ps: the HHKB blanks are light gray but I think the realforce are actual white blanks. :)

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #404 on: Fri, 06 December 2013, 22:34:28 »

And where would you be obtaining a set of white blank RF caps? I couldn't find any lol.

Offline Air tree

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #405 on: Fri, 06 December 2013, 22:34:47 »

I would! I'm getting a Poker X built. :) try to get a tester from someone so you can try what switch you like. I'm getting clears!

Ps: the HHKB blanks are light gray but I think the realforce are actual white blanks. :)
I think if i get clears they will have to be ergos.

And I wanted Plain white blanks since they are just so sexy on a black HHKB.

Offline Air tree

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #406 on: Fri, 06 December 2013, 22:35:42 »

And where would you be obtaining a set of white blank RF caps? I couldn't find any lol.
Try to get lucky on the Classifieds.

Ps. Sorry for the double post.

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #407 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 03:18:14 »
So one of the best thing I also like about the HHKB is the legs. It actually has two different legs allowing the ability to have two different angles. I like the lower one which elevate the keyboard just slightly above. So I could put the keyboard against the MacBook and have the protruding USB cable just above the trackpad. Without the legs, the mini USB would have scrape against the trackpad and I can't put the keyboard as near as I would have liked <3

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #408 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 04:23:02 »
So one of the best thing I also like about the HHKB is the legs. It actually has two different legs allowing the ability to have two different angles. I like the lower one which elevate the keyboard just slightly above. So I could put the keyboard against the MacBook and have the protruding USB cable just above the trackpad. Without the legs, the mini USB would have scrape against the trackpad and I can't put the keyboard as near as I would have liked <3

I never really thought about HHKB having legs.

Mine just sits flat on the desk.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #409 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 06:23:26 »
It's the best, rowdy - THE BEST XP!

Offline terran5992

• One With The Cup Rubber
« Reply #410 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 06:35:02 »
It has legs but the feet are terrible

Listokei Custom  |  HHKB Pro 2  |  Topre Realforce 103UBH  |  Armageddon MKA-3

Offline ctbear

« Reply #411 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 13:34:51 »
I have been using my HHKB for a few months now and I can't go back to my other keyboards (layout and switch difference, mostly). But one thing that is less than ideal was the weight on the keyboard - just too light and doesn't feel solid enough for me.
Then I saw a post somewhere suggesting putting something soft under the keyboard. I put my old gaming mousepad under it and OMG the difference is dramatic. I haven't tried a RF before but this is how I imagine a 60% RF would be.

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
« Reply #412 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 14:47:54 »
Guys I can has join? I wanted to wait until this HO CC came in. :)

(It's on the left, because I swapped the ESC and the Tilde in keytweak)

Show Image

Awful that HO is looking pretty nice there   :)

Enjoy it!

Offline trax

« Reply #413 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 18:23:04 »
Why isn't there an aluminium kit for the HHKB yet?
Switches tried so far
Cherry MX Red Blue Black Clear
ALPS White Black (fake)Blue
Montereys
ACER
White Black
Futaba
Buckling Sprin

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #414 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 18:30:50 »

If you're talking about a case, it's near impossible because the whole thing is case-mounted... having an aluminum case would mean pretty much having an entire new keyboard, which is what the HG pretty much was. Other than the PCB and rubber cups, the rest of the keyboard is the case, which includes the switch/plunger.

Offline trax

« Reply #415 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 18:33:07 »

If you're talking about a case, it's near impossible because the whole thing is case-mounted... having an aluminum case would mean pretty much having an entire new keyboard, which is what the HG pretty much was. Other than the PCB and rubber cups, the rest of the keyboard is the case, which includes the switch/plunger.

Why is it near impossible? Can't we just take a scan of the current plastic case and base ourselves from that? I don't know anything about this kind of thing but I'd really like an alu (or even heavier) case (or an HG, lol).
Switches tried so far
Cherry MX Red Blue Black Clear
ALPS White Black (fake)Blue
Montereys
ACER
White Black
Futaba
Buckling Sprin

Offline spiceBar

• ChessTiger.com
« Reply #416 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 19:18:27 »

Why is it near impossible? Can't we just take a scan of the current plastic case and base ourselves from that? I don't know anything about this kind of thing but I'd really like an alu (or even heavier) case (or an HG, lol).

The shape of the top part of the case is very complex because it includes the shape of every switch housing. On other Topre boards, the switch housings are separate little pieces of plastic, all identical (almost) and they are mounted on a metal plate in which holes have been drilled. The HHKB is unique in the fact that the top of the case has all the switch housings molded in just one piece of plastic. I think it would be quite a lot of work to replicate that on a CNC machine. I'm not even sure it is possible. But I'm not an expert.

Offline terran5992

« Reply #417 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 21:27:01 »

The shape of the top part of the case is very complex because it includes the shape of every switch housing. On other Topre boards, the switch housings are separate little pieces of plastic, all identical (almost) and they are mounted on a metal plate in which holes have been drilled. The HHKB is unique in the fact that the top of the case has all the switch housings molded in just one piece of plastic. I think it would be quite a lot of work to replicate that on a CNC machine. I'm not even sure it is possible. But I'm not an expert.

If it exists . Thats where my money will be going

Offline ctbear

« Reply #418 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 22:02:37 »

Something like this?

http://www.pfu.fujitsu.com/hhkeyboard/hhkbprohg/externals.html#no

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #419 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 22:40:00 »

Something like this?

http://www.pfu.fujitsu.com/hhkeyboard/hhkbprohg/externals.html#no

Is that a F****** aluminum HHKB Case!? I want one ;o

I put Bluelounge Rubber on the bottom of my HHKB I love them.

Offline adhoc

« Reply #420 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 04:40:53 »
That aluminum case is called HG series of HHKB and it costs so much you really do not want it. Also, it's a limited edition so you can't buy it anymore anyway.

>spamming the forums just so I can type something with my HHKB <3

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #421 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 21:18:03 »
I'll be out of town during Christmas so I'll post now :)

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=40658.msg1170170#msg1170170

Offline fourzeropooh

« Reply #422 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 21:19:10 »

Show Image

HHKB has USB ports on the back?  :eek:

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #423 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 21:21:01 »

Show Image

Yeah there's two USB 2.0 ports on the back.

Offline MJ45

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #424 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 21:26:33 »
That aluminum case is called HG series of HHKB and it costs so much you really do not want it. Also, it's a limited edition so you can't buy it anymore anyway.

>spamming the forums just so I can type something with my HHKB <3
Most of the HHKB owners know the feeling. I think its the best typing experience you can get!

Offline tuxsavvy

• 白HHKBの魔法使い
« Reply #425 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 21:35:50 »

Show Image

HHKB has USB ports on the back?  :o

Yeah there's two USB 2.0 ports on the back.
Only HHKB Pro2, HG, and Lite2. USB ports are not available on the backs of HHKB Pro or HHKB Pro JP for instance.

Source (Japanese only and only a portion of the keyboards are covered): http://www.pfu.fujitsu.com/hhkeyboard/leaflet/hhkb_backview.html
« Last Edit: Mon, 23 December 2013, 21:43:55 by tuxsavvy »
HHKB Pro JP Type-S | Northgate Omnikey 101 | APC/"Clicker" F-21 (GOG3YL) | Cherry G80-5000 HAMDE

僕の日本語が下手です。我的中文也一樣爛。

Offline terran5992

« Reply #426 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 21:36:09 »
Damn too bad that aluminium case is discontinued

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #427 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 21:39:14 »

The USB port is so low-powered it is practically useless, IMO.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #428 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 21:41:05 »

Pretty great for numpads tho :)

Offline terran5992

« Reply #429 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 21:43:35 »

For the people who have a numberpad

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #430 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 21:59:32 »

I haven't even been able to get a USB memory stick working in mine.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #431 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 22:36:48 »
Anyone tried it with a Logitech Wireless Controller? If it works, that would be great!

Offline ctbear

« Reply #432 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 23:16:17 »

I just use it for my Fitbit receiver. Pretty good place for it since I carry my HHKB to/from work, that way I can have the receiver with me most of the time.

Offline adhoc

« Reply #433 on: Tue, 24 December 2013, 01:40:37 »

Yeah I basically wanted a USB hub so I bought a HHKB, but I got a keyboard instead...can you imagine the basta***!

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #434 on: Tue, 24 December 2013, 01:59:54 »
:eek: $450 USB hub? :D

Offline adhoc

« Reply #435 on: Tue, 24 December 2013, 02:10:44 »
Yeah and it also sucks (the usb hub)! ;D

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #436 on: Tue, 24 December 2013, 03:25:06 »
Wish they would just scrap the USB hub then it would work on an iPad too.

Offline MJ45

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #437 on: Tue, 24 December 2013, 08:03:58 »

I haven't even been able to get a USB memory stick working in mine.
I have a lot of USB flash drives some even work on the HHKB most do not, no wired mice work (none I have). But surprisingly all the DSLR Nikon cameras I own work thru the hub I think because they are self powered.

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #438 on: Wed, 25 December 2013, 00:45:51 »

Show Image

Hey, I just found this pic.  That looks friggin' awesomes.  Not just for x-mas.  That is a year-round winning combo to me.  :thumb:  [why thumbs up no werk?]
I ♥ Click Clack.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #439 on: Wed, 25 December 2013, 01:01:44 »

Show Image

Hey, I just found this pic.  That looks friggin' awesomes.  Not just for x-mas.  That is a year-round winning combo to me.  :thumb:  [why thumbs up no werk?]

Thank you, eth0s! I put heart into it hehe. Glad to see it is appreciated. I'm constantly working to create new and unique themes for the HHKB :thumb: [not working for me either huehue]. It's too bad I'll be away from it for a week :'(

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #440 on: Wed, 25 December 2013, 04:20:58 »

Show Image

There is a problem with emoticons if you quote a message that contains a picture.

Offline adhoc

« Reply #441 on: Wed, 25 December 2013, 05:23:14 »
I flipped my space bar and now I love this keyboard even more. God darn it.

Do you guys have the spring under space or did you remove it?

Offline terran5992

« Reply #442 on: Wed, 25 December 2013, 06:20:18 »
I flipped my space bar and now I love this keyboard even more. God darn it.

Do you guys have the spring under space or did you remove it?

I left the spring there. Makes the spacebar more 'stabalized'

Offline adhoc

« Reply #443 on: Wed, 25 December 2013, 06:23:12 »
Hmmm are you sure? I don't think the spring is there for stabilization, but more for actuation force? I'm not sure though.

Offline terran5992

« Reply #444 on: Wed, 25 December 2013, 06:36:59 »
Hmmm are you sure? I don't think the spring is there for stabilization, but more for actuation force? I'm not sure though.

It feels kinda squeaky without the spring

Offline neunelfer

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #445 on: Wed, 25 December 2013, 14:43:04 »
So I got my Christmas HHKB today....   :eek:

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #446 on: Wed, 25 December 2013, 14:56:59 »

It works with the G80-3700.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #447 on: Wed, 25 December 2013, 16:36:05 »

Nice :)

Welcome to the fold.

Offline neunelfer

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #448 on: Wed, 25 December 2013, 16:41:12 »

Nice :)

Welcome to the fold.

Thanks! Here's a bad picture that I posted elsewhere:

One of my concerns was the lack of grip that the feet provide - they seem fine to me. Over time, I'm assuming they worsen. This is the same thing that happens to the feet on my Filco. A simple fix that I use is to dampen a Q-tip and wipe the dust off of the bottom of the feet, which restores their grip. I'm assuming the same would work on the HHKB feet, so just a tip in case people didn't know.

Offline adhoc

« Reply #449 on: Wed, 25 December 2013, 17:06:24 »
Honestly I do not find feet bad at all. I have no idea why people complain about this. My advice is you turn the space bar around - it's seriously a lot better that way. Other than that, looking good!

BTW - anybody has a blank red esc key for sale? Please guys...come on, surely somebody ordered 1 too many :(