Author Topic: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)  (Read 4288990 times)

Offline iri

Re: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)
« Reply #2000 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 12:07:36 »
Please give your definition to a lawyer who calls my wife THREE DIFFERENT NAMES in an email.
Are we talking typos here or all-out-wrong names? Like, "Erica," then "Betsy," and then "Laura?"
All out wrong, good example you gave here.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #2001 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 13:06:39 »
Someone had fish for lunch and now the entire building reeks... it's almost unbearable. The other IT guy left, he couldn't handle it...
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #2002 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 13:07:42 »
Someone had fish for lunch and now the entire building reeks... it's almost unbearable. The other IT guy left, he couldn't handle it...

Yeah our head boss likes to eat baked fish a lot.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2003 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 13:09:57 »
The Green Bay Packers loss. I still can't sleep or have a solid poop.

Don't even...  I can't-  It's just..

:'(

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #2004 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 13:10:59 »
The Green Bay Packers loss. I still can't sleep or have a solid poop.

Don't even...  I can't-  It's just..

:'(

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2005 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 13:17:58 »
The CEO of my company almost caught me browsing GH...

Just say you were researching ergonomic workstations.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2006 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 15:22:37 »
My sick kitty makes me sad :(

Offline evolveS

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #2007 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 17:01:15 »
My sick kitty makes me sad :(

I hope he can make a speedy recovery!

On topic: It's harder to cancel receiving credit card offers than just signing up for one. Call centers man...
"money comes and goes, but doubleshots are forever"
-a petty thief

Offline iri

« Reply #2008 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 17:03:06 »
Please give your definition to a lawyer who calls my wife THREE DIFFERENT NAMES in an email.

drunk?
we think he is either a dyslexic or a drug addict.

colleagues went to a business trip to houston. it's 40 degrees warmer there >:D
« Last Edit: Tue, 20 January 2015, 17:14:08 by iri »
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline iri

« Reply #2009 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 05:03:05 »
i thought when it's -18 outside i'll be the only cyclist on the streets and at work. but nooooooooo.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #2010 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 07:37:30 »
today feels like a thursday
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #2011 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 07:39:43 »
Been trying to close on our house for a week. Underwriters keep bringing up new issues and problems. Hoping to close today (but I've said that every morning for 4 days now).
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #2012 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 18:45:19 »
There wasn't really a more appropriate thread, but this doesn't really bother me that much, just kinda annoying:

literally just a WTT thread. but in true rip legion fashion:

lol wut. this being the same guy that replied to that same thread on GH.
« Last Edit: Wed, 21 January 2015, 19:39:48 by hwood34 »
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #2013 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 19:22:20 »
There wasn't really a more appropriate thread, but this doesn't really bother me that much, just kinda annoying:
Show Image

Show Image

lol wut. this being the same guy that replied to that same thread on GH. Also, who is ToplessTopre on here?
Pretty sure that spicy guy has sold things here in GH, perhaps next time someone should tell him to go back to reddit.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2014 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 19:27:56 »
Show Image

Show Image

lol wut. this being the same guy that replied to that same thread on GH. Also, who is ToplessTopre on here?
Pretty sure that spicy guy has sold things here in GH, perhaps next time someone should tell him to go back to reddit.

He has an account here.

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #2015 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 19:31:29 »
Show Image

Show Image

He has an account here.

Yep, under the same name. I've traded/bought from him both here and on reddit.

Edit: Isn't Topless Topre Hipster/PD?
« Last Edit: Wed, 21 January 2015, 19:34:57 by Joey Quinn »
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #2016 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 19:31:41 »
Show Image

Show Image

bunch of fuccbois

https://geekhack.org/index.php?action=profile;u=41300
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #2017 on: Thu, 22 January 2015, 12:19:52 »
A co-worker just walked into my office asking if I had a spare keyboard he could borrow......I said no......*awkward silence*....

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2018 on: Thu, 22 January 2015, 12:24:44 »
A co-worker just walked into my office asking if I had a spare keyboard he could borrow......I said no......*awkward silence*....

:))

Do you actually have spares at work?  Because that would be even funnier.  :P

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #2019 on: Thu, 22 January 2015, 12:31:28 »

:))

Do you actually have spares at work?  Because that would be even funnier.  :P

Definitely not nearly as many as I used to but most notably is the HHKB sitting on top of my CPU (that my computer tower for those not old enough to refer to it as a cpu).

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #2020 on: Thu, 22 January 2015, 12:32:50 »

LIAR! :P
tp thread is tp thread

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #2021 on: Thu, 22 January 2015, 12:43:55 »

I would only let one of the people I work with use my keyboard. But I don't have a spare at work. No judgement here.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

Offline iri

« Reply #2022 on: Thu, 22 January 2015, 13:38:45 »
paperwork for the british embassy
paperwork for the russian tax agency

seriously, tomorrow i submit a pile of papers which is one centimeter thick when pressed

-Ray Bradbury

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #2023 on: Thu, 22 January 2015, 14:05:53 »
sanding for 4 hrs. forgot to put mask on. breathing hurts :(

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #2024 on: Thu, 22 January 2015, 14:07:42 »
sanding for 4 hrs. forgot to put mask on. breathing hurts :(

what were you sanding?
tp thread is tp thread

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #2025 on: Thu, 22 January 2015, 14:10:42 »
wood. too much dust in my nose now.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2026 on: Thu, 22 January 2015, 14:22:29 »
wood. too much dust in my nose now.

Go outside and get some fresh air.   ^-^

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #2027 on: Fri, 23 January 2015, 00:53:39 »
i thought when it's -18 outside i'll be the only cyclist on the streets and at work. but nooooooooo.

Bah, -18 is warm enough for a walk in the park if you’re in Russia. Probably there are some of those Russian seals club or polar bear club folks who’d be swimming in some hole in the ice.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline iri

« Reply #2028 on: Fri, 23 January 2015, 01:27:25 »

Bah, -18 is warm enough for a walk in the park if you’re in Russia. Probably there are some of those Russian seals club or polar bear club folks who’d be swimming in some hole in the ice.
For a walk in the park it's all right. Cycling is a very different beast .
Ice-hole swimming is best when it's under -30.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Kira

• <3 <3 <3 <3
« Reply #2029 on: Fri, 23 January 2015, 15:13:35 »
Not being able to get my hands on a KMAC =/

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #2032 on: Fri, 23 January 2015, 16:31:35 »
lol I spent 2 hours to find you a Kmac today and I found you 1 but you didn't want it...
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #2033 on: Fri, 23 January 2015, 16:38:07 »
lol I spent 2 hours to find you a Kmac today and I found you 1 but you didn't want it...

I love when people say, "I would kill to get my hands on X, I'm not picky, just let me know what you have."

Then you tell them you have what they want. Suddenly, they are very picky about what they just have to have, and what you are offering just isn't it, I'm afraid.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #2034 on: Fri, 23 January 2015, 16:41:19 »

I love when people say, "I would kill to get my hands on X, I'm not picky, just let me know what you have."

Then you tell them you have what they want. Suddenly, they are very picky about what they just have to have, and what you are offering just isn't it, I'm afraid.
YEah I showed him that kmac and an LE but he thought it took to much time (for the shipping I guess) and that he wanted to get one at classifieds instead. I then told him that Kmacs rarely come up so that he could recieve it, before the Kmac I showed and he was ok with it. And now I see this post... lol no hard feelings tho <3
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #2035 on: Fri, 23 January 2015, 20:22:28 »

Happens all the time. That's why I rant with a similar frequency about noobs wasting my time. That is true regardless of whether I am selling, or merely helping people find.

The long timers tend to know exactly what they want and don't change their minds easily. It's totally cool to help them. The newcomers, as well as people with less than 1 year presence on GH, will change their minds when confronted with the reality of an expenditure (this is not determined by post count, but presumably more by actual involvement in this hobby over time. Some people can do 500 posts over a few months but actually haven't much experience with the real boards or modding)

That's why I no longer do Taobao searches for noobs. Waste of time. Half of all noobs change their mind the minute you present them with a Taobao ad at a reasonable price. Psychologically they've just realized it is a real keycap set that can be bought via actual transactions and filling in of boring forms with their personal details, not manna from heaven that God will send them for free if they whine and beg enough in their prayers.

If there's a classifieds ad I remember that hasn't sold, I don't contact the seller and tell him about a noob wanting to buy. If that noob really wanted to buy he will search the ads himself. If not he's just doing his wishful thinking thing and will either waste your time or the seller's time.

Moreover, JD, you have to remember that I don't like the expensive high end stuff. I don't often respond to people wanting to find $400 Korean boards or $200 rare keycaps. So I feel extra insulted when they don't go through with the purchase because I know it is not sticker shock making them change their minds - they just don't respect people's time. One time a noob backed out of a $12 or $15 Tai Hao purchase from somebody CONUS after 'desperately' wanting the keycaps and apparently ready to buy at full price plus the normal shipping/ proxying on Taobao if he could get someone to proxy. (You know Taobao prices are far higher for Tai Hao.) I felt like an idiot hunting down that classifieds for him.
« Last Edit: Fri, 23 January 2015, 20:27:34 by berserkfan »
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #2036 on: Fri, 23 January 2015, 22:07:31 »
That all my bros are out having fun tonight and I can't go because my leg has decided it doesn't want to work tonight. I don't like biology.  :(

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #2037 on: Fri, 23 January 2015, 23:16:53 »
That all my bros are out having fun tonight and I can't go because my leg has decided it doesn't want to work tonight. I don't like biology.  :(
Well did your bros take your Binge's and other keys with them?

Offline Kira

• <3 <3 <3 <3
« Reply #2039 on: Fri, 23 January 2015, 23:19:50 »

Price may also be a problem an issue for some people dudee..

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #2040 on: Fri, 23 January 2015, 23:22:39 »

Yeah, but they aren't very easy to find, if they didn't want the kit, they surely can't get a pre-assembled one.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #2041 on: Fri, 23 January 2015, 23:25:31 »

so it's more of a "not being able to get my hands on a kmac that i want at the price that i want"

Offline Kira

• <3 <3 <3 <3
« Reply #2042 on: Fri, 23 January 2015, 23:29:59 »

so it's more of a "not being able to get my hands on a kmac that i want at the price that i want"

Hehe everyone is looking for a good deal. I just tried buying it after realizing the WKL IS available xD Wish I knew korean

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #2043 on: Fri, 23 January 2015, 23:32:07 »

Hehe everyone is looking for a good deal. I just tried buying it after realizing the WKL IS available xD Wish I knew korean

oh, definitely, everybody wants a deal. but you made it out to be like you couldn't find any, at all.

Offline Kira

• <3 <3 <3 <3
« Reply #2044 on: Fri, 23 January 2015, 23:33:31 »

oh, definitely, everybody wants a deal. but you made it out to be like you couldn't find any, at all.

I should be more clear next time xD BTW, anyone know of any reliable proxies?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #2045 on: Sat, 24 January 2015, 15:11:25 »
Cleaning up the counter and found a notice from the DMV..... my drivers license is expired... forgot to renew it. :facepalm:

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #2046 on: Sat, 24 January 2015, 15:12:12 »
Cleaning up the counter and found a notice from the DMV..... my drivers license is expired... forgot to renew it. :facepalm:

Don't get pulled over on the way to the DMV...
tp thread is tp thread

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #2047 on: Sat, 24 January 2015, 15:13:28 »

They aren't even open until Tuesday!

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #2048 on: Sat, 24 January 2015, 15:14:33 »

They aren't even open until Tuesday!

Doh!

Don't get pulled over until Wednesday, then. :P
tp thread is tp thread

Offline base_on_base

• Resident Hydroxide
« Reply #2049 on: Sat, 24 January 2015, 16:06:49 »
I don't have a mech with me right now so I have to type on a ****ty membrane.

WASD V2 - MX Green / Aqua - MX Green(WIP) / Unicomp Ultra Classic - Buckling Springs