Author Topic: Snack Food Recommendations  (Read 31491 times)

Offline osi

Re: Snack Food Recommendations
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 07:10:31 »
Used to be able to buy these stateside but haven't seen them in a while. I miss them so

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #51 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 07:11:18 »
Basically these come as little "pellets"..   and when you put them into hot fry oil.. They go POOOF.. and become GIANT CHIPS as big as your whole hand sometimes.

http://www.amazon.com/Banh-Phong-Shrimp-Chips--pack/dp/B008GN5DW8/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1390296540&sr=8-7&keywords=shrimp+chips

Show Image

Very Interesting.....if we fried things I would try it..but right now we don't....

you don't need a deep fryer.

You just need like  a 1/2 centimeter of oil.. and throw the chip in, and it goes pooooof..

Warning, video contains White people being posers.

Go Directly to 2:13

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
« Reply #52 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 07:12:15 »
Basically these come as little "pellets"..   and when you put them into hot fry oil.. They go POOOF.. and become GIANT CHIPS as big as your whole hand sometimes.

http://www.amazon.com/Banh-Phong-Shrimp-Chips--pack/dp/B008GN5DW8/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1390296540&sr=8-7&keywords=shrimp+chips

Show Image

Now that's a snack I have to try.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #53 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 07:32:28 »
Used to be able to buy these stateside but haven't seen them in a while. I miss them so

(Attachment Link)

http://www.amazon.com/Cadbury-Crunchie-Bars-Case-24/dp/B000EG6G9E/

Also does anyone else eat the octopus out of the can?
« Last Edit: Tue, 21 January 2014, 07:57:00 by SpAmRaY »

Offline osi

« Reply #54 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 08:32:43 »

(Attachment Link)

http://www.amazon.com/Cadbury-Crunchie-Bars-Case-24/dp/B000EG6G9E/

Also does anyone else eat the octopus out of the can?

Very interesting. I'm gonna buy a case this week!! They SHOULDN'T melt in the winter, hopefully.

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #55 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 11:01:44 »

Show Image

a note on this btw:  They contain a lot of MSG so if you're allergic, don't eat it.
Also be very careful if you don't use a deep fryer as the oil will jump/splashback pretty rough.
If you don't have a proper cooling exhaust system and only say a carbon exhaust system, you'll end up with lots of smoke and shrimp chip smell for a while.

Side note: I prob will piss off a few people, but try not to buy anything of this type that is product of china
you really have no idea what type of preservatives or chemicals they're using on those things lol.
And they're really sneaky about this too, their labels will have japanese or korean but on the back in small letters it'll be like "product of china"

Spam btw if you realized the stuff I sent you was all not made in China haha.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #56 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 11:03:28 »

a note on this btw:  They contain a lot of MSG so if you're allergic, don't eat it.
Also be very careful if you don't use a deep fryer as the oil will jump/splashback pretty rough.
If you don't have a proper cooling exhaust system and only say a carbon exhaust system, you'll end up with lots of smoke and shrimp chip smell for a while.

Side note: I prob will piss off a few people, but try not to buy anything of this type that is product of china
you really have no idea what type of preservatives or chemicals they're using on those things lol.
And they're really sneaky about this too, their labels will have japanese or korean but on the back in small letters it'll be like "product of china"

I'll admit..there no telling what I've eaten...I hardly ever check labels :p

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #57 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 11:04:23 »

yeah again i could be just being a homer being from Taiwan, but there's WAY too many reports/news about bad powdered milk, using sewerage oil to cook, etc from China.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #58 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 11:07:17 »

yeah again i could be just being a homer being from Taiwan, but there's WAY too many reports/news about bad powdered milk, using sewerage oil to cook, etc from China.

good thing the ramen I ordered was from japan  :))

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #59 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 11:08:23 »

did you like the Taiwan ones i sent you? lol

Offline mljs54

• Team Topre
« Reply #60 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 11:21:31 »

My two go tos for chip snacks, but I mostly do raw almonds, blueberries, bananas and greek yogurt these days as I'm trying to watch my MSG intake.
ReΛlforce 87UB EK

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #61 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 11:46:55 »

Um... the bad milk powder was true..

but the reuse of waste oil was a hoax...  Tabloid if you will...  and China has a large low income class population with a very narrow scope of information, they've been mostly responsible for the wave of "entertainment news"..

Think... an army of "fox-news" drones and believers...

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #62 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 11:48:10 »

How cometh thou not sent TP any Ramen.

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #63 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 11:59:52 »

Show Image

cause you weren't my secret santa.
The oil stuff isn't a hoax if you actually been in the areas and seen it.

If you do travel to china, never drink the water there also lol.
Any restaurant you go to, ask for a glass of ice.
check to make sure the ice is clean, otherwise only drink bottle water and don't drink the tea

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #64 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 12:01:21 »

I know I ate the udon noodles along with the eels but the others I think are still in my huge box of ramen.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #65 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 16:44:38 »

Show Image

check to make sure the ice is clean, otherwise only drink bottle water and don't drink the tea

The waste oil exists.. but that doesn't mean they're actually using it...

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #66 on: Wed, 22 January 2014, 00:02:58 »

Show Image

Show Image

go around some of the nightmarkets and see what they use =)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #67 on: Wed, 22 January 2014, 00:16:18 »
Got me thinking about this pretty far back. I remember I used to grab some P.B. Crisps and a bottle of Surge everyday on the way home from school. Those crisps were incredible, if I remember correctly. Sadly neither are still being made.
51895-0  51897-1

Offline smknjoe

• I like tactile, clicky, switches.
« Reply #68 on: Wed, 22 January 2014, 01:06:19 »
High school hacker fuel:

These days it's unsalted nuts and coffee...
SSKs for everyone!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #69 on: Wed, 22 January 2014, 03:12:50 »
Ah Jolt, I remember when that was still available in Australia.  In fact it used to be made or imported in South Australia when I still lived there.

Haven't seen any for years now :(
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #70 on: Wed, 22 January 2014, 04:10:15 »

Show Image

Show Image

it's customary for Fast food places to Reuse fry oil..

If you've ever had Chinese food in the united states for example..

U know those delicious fried chicken-wings?  depending on how successful the restaurant is, but GENERALLY they only change the fry oil every 2 weeks....

Some places 3 weeks.. and the really poor areas, 1 month...

I'm not saying this is good practice... but this is EVERYwhere

that said... i don't recommend you eat at Chinese restaurants often.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #71 on: Wed, 22 January 2014, 07:24:45 »
Got me thinking about this pretty far back. I remember I used to grab some P.B. Crisps and a bottle of Surge everyday on the way home from school. Those crisps were incredible, if I remember correctly. Sadly neither are still being made.
(Attachment Link)   (Attachment Link)

Surge was like drinking citrusy, highly caffeinated syrup :D

Also for the lulz

http://grub.gunaxin.com/a-tribute-to-fallen-dead-discontinued-sodas/11115

I was a fan of citra, it was awesome!

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #72 on: Wed, 22 January 2014, 12:36:05 »

Show Image

Show Image

U know those delicious fried chicken-wings?  depending on how successful the restaurant is, but GENERALLY they only change the fry oil every 2 weeks....

i really have no idea why you're arguing with me about this
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gutter_oil

For more stuff: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Food_safety_incidents_in_China

Offline mljs54

• Team Topre
« Reply #73 on: Wed, 22 January 2014, 13:33:11 »

Show Image

Show Image

Couldn't agree more.  I live in NYC and the Chinese takeout here is absolutely disgusting.  I had a buddy in high school whose family was in the business and he used to tell me horror stories about the common meat suppliers all these restaurants use, along with all the other grimey things like never changing the oil, etc.  Taco Bell etc is cleaner because at least it's a regulated chain.
ReΛlforce 87UB EK

Offline Megaweapon

« Reply #74 on: Wed, 22 January 2014, 14:01:17 »
Keyboard-safe snacking right here:

The regular cheddar ones are OK too (and all I can find around my area now...)
Ancer Research Groop DFK191ABA11 IBM Model M13 Part 92G7461 (white) Rosewill RK-9000
Matias Tactile Pro 3 Apple Extended Keyboard II (ALPS)
Rosewill RK-9000I

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #75 on: Wed, 22 January 2014, 14:13:12 »
^^ I'm a sucker for jalapeno cheddar stuffs!!

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #76 on: Thu, 23 January 2014, 10:59:17 »
Mmmmm Snyder's are a real mans food. I've always been partial to these babies-
52032-0

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #77 on: Fri, 24 January 2014, 07:13:47 »
(Attachment Link)

Yes those are good, I also really like these

52141-0

Offline Voixdelion

« Reply #78 on: Sat, 25 January 2014, 21:25:53 »
RE Chinese food:  What do you mean don't drink the tea?  The tea is at least made with BOILED water, isn't it?  (I guess it must be a little bit okay, anyway... I spent a month with my family visiting mainland China when it was first opened to tourism, and all I drank was (hot) Coke and tea.  Lots and lots and lots of tea.  Never got sick at all.  We even avoided the ice, hence the hot Coke...)   

As for the oil, meh...  I remember my grandparents keeping bacon drippings in a big can, and scooping out a spoonful when necessary for eggs or summat on t he stove and the grease would just sit there forever on the stove top in a coffee can, never emptied or thrown out and everytime bacon was made, just poured the grease into that can as well. Sometimes if the dogs were lucky, a spoonful got mixed in with their kibble just because. If its being used to deep fry anything it isn't as if there is going to be any bacteria alive in there or whatever...  And Chinese people live quite a long time for all the unsanitary , actually.  Maybe from building up stronger immune systems from eating all that dirt.  =)

But really how do you people eat all the nuts and stuff without getting HUGE? 

Popcorn - plain old popcorn, maybe with a little butter or salt is a great way to go.  Also if you have to go with nuts, I like salted sunflower seeds in the shell - makes for some burning of the calories in the nuts to do the work of eating em that way (but the shells do invade the keyboard, so that sucks...)   

Popcorn is about the only thing that won't make me totally sick if I just sit and munch my way through a ton of it though.  And its better than most processed things and not high calorie either but still highly satisfying. 

I also like hard candy too.  Sour stuff like apple jolly ranchers or Now n' Laters.           

Trying to quit drinking soda, or at least cut down because I have to lose a little weight and I drink way too much of it  Never touch the diet crap though. just cause it tastes gross.  But since my friend lost a ton of weight just by quitting the soda, I am trying to do some substitution of warm water with some lemon.  The lemon really does help me drink more water, surprisingly   It gives it a bit of flavor and feels like a caloric beverage instead.   

The only thing I really hate about popcorn is the skins getting stuck in my teeth and gums... but I have gotten to be quite good at preparing it on the stovetop without scorching or leftover unpopped kernels or excess oil and just the right amount of fluffiness.  Might have to go make some right now...

"The more you tolerate each other, the less enforcement will happen."-iMav

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #79 on: Sun, 26 January 2014, 18:40:09 »
(Attachment Link)

Yes those are good, I also really like these

(Attachment Link)

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm I love the Cheddar ones. :D

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #80 on: Sun, 26 January 2014, 18:41:34 »
The Salt & Pepper Snyders are hella gewwwd.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #81 on: Sun, 26 January 2014, 18:58:07 »

These are the most delicious snack ever! Also my girl is on the bag... ;p

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #82 on: Sun, 26 January 2014, 18:58:54 »
I got some popchips on an Amazon daily deal once, they weren't bad. But I can only eat so many chips.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #83 on: Sun, 26 January 2014, 18:59:40 »
I got some popchips on an Amazon daily deal once, they weren't bad. But I can only eat so many chips.

Yeah what stinks is the serving size on popchips.... I eat the whole bag! :X

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
« Reply #84 on: Sun, 26 January 2014, 19:07:04 »
Wasabi peas. 

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #85 on: Sun, 26 January 2014, 19:17:46 »
Wasabi peas. 

I tried some of these once

http://www.amazon.com/Hapi-Snacks-Sriracha-Garlic-Coated/dp/B002VC5JDI

They were ok, I ended up giving most of them to a co-worker who really liked them.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #86 on: Sun, 26 January 2014, 19:19:27 »
Wasabi peas. 

I tried some of these once

http://www.amazon.com/Hapi-Snacks-Sriracha-Garlic-Coated/dp/B002VC5JDI

They were ok, I ended up giving most of them to a co-worker who really liked them.

well no wonder, the siracha flavor ruined all the yummy taste :P

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #87 on: Sun, 26 January 2014, 19:28:07 »
The absolute BEST snack in the whole world, and I've eaten just about everything that has ever swam, flew, walked or climbed here on Earth.

http://www.jerky.com.au/jerkytrypacks.htm

The Crocodile jerky is really nice, chewy as hell but the lasting after-taste makes you feel like, I got one over on you, ya bastard  :thumb: .  They also can soak the meat in various spices if so requested.

In fact everything seems to love these snacks, dogs, cats, and even bull-ants.  The little blighters crawled up my leg into my pocket to get a feed on the croc jerky, all 30 of them.  Never let them anywhere near your 'valuables' due to their gaping jaws.  Nasty little critters when they get a taste for meat.
« Last Edit: Sun, 26 January 2014, 19:30:28 by Elrick »

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #88 on: Sun, 26 January 2014, 20:15:19 »
The absolute BEST snack in the whole world, and I've eaten just about everything that has ever swam, flew, walked or climbed here on Earth.

http://www.jerky.com.au/jerkytrypacks.htm

The Crocodile jerky is really nice, chewy as hell but the lasting after-taste makes you feel like, I got one over on you, ya bastard  :thumb: .  They also can soak the meat in various spices if so requested.

In fact everything seems to love these snacks, dogs, cats, and even bull-ants.  The little blighters crawled up my leg into my pocket to get a feed on the croc jerky, all 30 of them.  Never let them anywhere near your 'valuables' due to their gaping jaws.  Nasty little critters when they get a taste for meat.

I'm going to look into that, because I was wanting some other stuff from Australia anyways....

Offline smknjoe

• I like tactile, clicky, switches.
« Reply #89 on: Sun, 26 January 2014, 20:35:04 »
Seriously, nobody has mentioned these yet?

SSKs for everyone!

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #90 on: Wed, 29 January 2014, 05:51:52 »
I got some popchips on an Amazon daily deal once, they weren't bad. But I can only eat so many chips. Crisps.
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #91 on: Wed, 29 January 2014, 06:04:43 »
Needs some more Canadian snacks!

Miss Vickie's Sweet Chili & Sour Cream. Best flavoured kettle chips I've had. The chip bags aren't drenched in oil like the "kettle chips" brand and I much prefer the crunch on Miss Vickie's. Definitely worth a try if you get the chance.
« Last Edit: Wed, 29 January 2014, 06:07:03 by Zeal »
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #92 on: Wed, 29 January 2014, 10:08:09 »

I love Corn Nuts, but only original flavor.

They aren't usually in regular grocery stores, only gas station/convenience stores, so those are my standard snack while driving on trips.
Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #93 on: Wed, 29 January 2014, 10:11:18 »

Miss Vickie's Sweet Chili & Sour Cream. Best flavoured kettle chips I've had. The chip bags aren't drenched in oil like the "kettle chips" brand and I much prefer the crunch on Miss Vickie's. Definitely worth a try if you get the chance.

what an interesting combo of flavors....now...to find some :o

EDIT: wow...I need to start making a list of things I want and get a proxy  ???

They aren't usually in regular grocery stores, only gas station/convenience stores, so those are my standard snack while driving on trips.

I used to eat corn nuts years ago but anymore I find them too hard.  :-\
« Last Edit: Wed, 29 January 2014, 10:17:46 by SpAmRaY »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #94 on: Wed, 29 January 2014, 21:58:11 »

what an interesting combo of flavors....now...to find some :o

EDIT: wow...I need to start making a list of things I want and get a proxy  ???

I used to eat corn nuts years ago but anymore I find them too hard.  :-\

Got that flavour over here too, but Red Rock Deli chips.

http://www.redrockdeli.com.au/

Most of the combinations are really nice.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #95 on: Fri, 31 January 2014, 18:00:26 »
Show Image

Show Image

My two go tos for chip snacks, but I mostly do raw almonds, blueberries, bananas and greek yogurt these days as I'm trying to watch my MSG intake.

Popcorners are fantastic! Although they're addicting to the point where I would waste my keyboard funds on popcorners alone
Jalapeno chips are also fantastic! They taste great but aren't like popcorners where I instantly eat the whole bag.

Really you have my top picks, but other than that I prefer to eat dry cereal and kettle cooked chips.
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline dante

« Reply #96 on: Fri, 31 January 2014, 18:29:46 »
Hey guys, I hate to be the boring health-food guy, but really you could do better than pop-tarts and doritos.

Raw nuts (deez nuts?), seeds, greek yoghurt, and of course good 'ol apples are all healthy choices that will make your body healthier, instead of sicker.  Please try it.

I agree with apples but ONLY organic.  They are one of the most heavily pesticide contaminated crops out there.

For Raw nuts I agree if you soak them to help neutralize the phytic acid.

Greek yogurt ... I'd recommend sheep or goats milk full fat yogurt.  At least for me it's a lot easier on my body.

Offline dante

« Reply #97 on: Fri, 31 January 2014, 18:36:39 »
BTW: this is what I consider a *naughty* healthfood:

Medjool dates.  I can't stop eating them once I start so I try to avoid them altogether.  VERY high in sugar.

Basically mother natures candy bar.

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #98 on: Fri, 31 January 2014, 19:36:48 »

Show Image

Medjool dates.  I can't stop eating them once I start so I try to avoid them altogether.  VERY high in sugar.

Looks really sweet. I've never had them, but I've seen it in Asian superstores. Pretty scary how the dates are that gigantic, considering regular dates are half the size.
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #99 on: Fri, 31 January 2014, 20:32:59 »

Show Image

Looks really sweet. I've never had them, but I've seen it in Asian superstores. Pretty scary how the dates are that gigantic, considering regular dates are half the size.

they're more or less dried plums... although there's also prunes.. but dates are just a different variety..

imho...

banana... FASTER... less chewing.. doesn't stick to teeth.