Author Topic: Just tried every flavor of coke product  (Read 7623 times)

Offline Freebird

• SSRCG
Re: Just tried every flavor of coke product
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 02 June 2014, 10:36:34 »
I went to that place when I was in the ATL for 3 months a few years back. I can also vouch for how foul Beverly was good lord! I think a reasonable fair few of the EU Coke products were horrendous tasting.

Did you get your little souviner glass coke bottle at the end? I still have mine here next to my desk.

If you are still in ATL or going back again any time soon check out the sweet water brewery that's a cool place and you get beer tokens for many delicious beverages and a cool glass to keep :)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #51 on: Mon, 02 June 2014, 10:38:36 »
i've always liked off-brand pineapple soda...   fanta's good, but off-brand is also pretty great, they probably buy the flavoring from the same guys...

it makes my teeth hurt if I drink alot of it... so clearly it's highly acidic..  but deliciously so...

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #52 on: Mon, 02 June 2014, 10:45:04 »
 :)) My glass coke bottle cupboard, there is a store down the road that takes the bottles back and gives you the deposit. Every so often a grab a couple empties and return with a full one :)

66795-0

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #53 on: Mon, 02 June 2014, 11:04:54 »
If you're old like me, you may remember there also used to be 1.5l glass bottles (thick glass, with a large metal screw top) and 500ml glass "stumpies" (with a thin "foam" plastic wrapping). Man, brings back fond memories thinking about those. Ah, "Have a Coke and a smile", "Things go better with Coke", etc.. Always had Coke when eating "things", which was often back when I was young.

The glass bottles with metal caps tasted best to me, with 2 liter plastic tasting worst. Cans tasted a little "sharper", if that makes sense, with a bit too much fizz. Hehe, sound rather like a cork sniffer.
Yea I just talked to a friend and he says that we had 1.5L glass with metal cap, so I was wrong about them being 1L. I remember them being the best as well and the 2L plastic ones are still the worst.

Slightly off topic. Has anyone tried Fanta Mandarin, I have tried it couple of times in Greece and its easy my favorite orange soda :p
This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #54 on: Mon, 02 June 2014, 11:09:37 »
If you're old like me, you may remember there also used to be 1.5l glass bottles (thick glass, with a large metal screw top) and 500ml glass "stumpies" (with a thin "foam" plastic wrapping). Man, brings back fond memories thinking about those. Ah, "Have a Coke and a smile", "Things go better with Coke", etc.. Always had Coke when eating "things", which was often back when I was young.

The glass bottles with metal caps tasted best to me, with 2 liter plastic tasting worst. Cans tasted a little "sharper", if that makes sense, with a bit too much fizz. Hehe, sound rather like a cork sniffer.
Yea I just talked to a friend and he says that we had 1.5L glass with metal cap, so I was wrong about them being 1L. I remember them being the best as well and the 2L plastic ones are still the worst.

Slightly off topic. Has anyone tried Fanta Mandarin, I have tried it couple of times in Greece and its easy my favorite orange soda :p

Orange soda was my fav until pineapple soda..

I've been meaning to retry grape..  I remember stopping on grape, because all the ones i've tried made my tongue numb as an after taste/status effect..

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #55 on: Mon, 02 June 2014, 11:24:30 »
I've never even heard of it until I saw epzy's recent post, now I want to try it so bad :(
This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before.

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #56 on: Mon, 02 June 2014, 12:00:30 »
i've always liked off-brand pineapple soda...   fanta's good, but off-brand is also pretty great, they probably buy the flavoring from the same guys...

it makes my teeth hurt if I drink alot of it... so clearly it's highly acidic..  but deliciously so...
Show Image

Hands down, the best pineapple soda is Jupiņa .

I went to that place when I was in the ATL for 3 months a few years back. I can also vouch for how foul Beverly was good lord! I think a reasonable fair few of the EU Coke products were horrendous tasting.

Did you get your little souviner glass coke bottle at the end? I still have mine here next to my desk.

If you are still in ATL or going back again any time soon check out the sweet water brewery that's a cool place and you get beer tokens for many delicious beverages and a cool glass to keep :)

I drank my two glass cokes this morning XD
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #57 on: Mon, 02 June 2014, 15:26:18 »
Did you try the "blue" coke? :p  I remember they have it ten years ago

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #58 on: Mon, 02 June 2014, 15:34:09 »
Hmm, I remember Pepsi Blue, but I've never heard of blue coke! What is this magic?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #59 on: Mon, 02 June 2014, 16:36:39 »
Hmm, I remember Pepsi Blue, but I've never heard of blue coke! What is this magic?

blue coke? 

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #60 on: Mon, 02 June 2014, 16:47:48 »
GeekCrack - Coke enthusiasts
I love Elzy

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #61 on: Mon, 02 June 2014, 17:05:51 »

blue coke?

Is it anything like blue meth?
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline iri

« Reply #62 on: Tue, 03 June 2014, 01:39:52 »
i once had a half frozen blue coke. it looked and tasted very... funny.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury