Author Topic: What makes you happy?  (Read 329511 times)

Offline csmertx

• proprietor of waffles
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Linux Geek
    • https://csmertx.github.io
Re: What makes you happy?
« Reply #3350 on: Mon, 08 February 2021, 14:57:51 »

Meh quality photo, and probably not the best time to order a Qt5 book, but still..

Online yui

« Reply #3351 on: Tue, 09 February 2021, 01:47:30 »
Meh quality photo, and probably not the best time to order a Qt5 book, but still..
why, most of what you'll learn on QT5 will still apply on 6, and you will still be able to use 5 for a while, especially in applications where security is not hugely important. and the photo is better than anything i can take with my phone, don't knock yourself down :)

(i still do not understand how peoples can take photos on focus with those things, about 75% of my phone photos are blurry messes and that across 4 phones, so i know it is me, give me your secrets pls :))
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline csmertx

• proprietor of waffles
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Linux Geek
    • https://csmertx.github.io
« Reply #3352 on: Tue, 09 February 2021, 07:55:09 »
why, most of what you'll learn on QT5 will still apply on 6, and you will still be able to use 5 for a while, especially in applications where security is not hugely important. and the photo is better than anything i can take with my phone, don't knock yourself down :)

(i still do not understand how peoples can take photos on focus with those things, about 75% of my phone photos are blurry messes and that across 4 phones, so i know it is me, give me your secrets pls :))

The scoop is that QT LTS is becoming (or is) closed source.  I don't know what that means for KDE, but I hope you're right.

And since my phone doesn't have image stabilization either, I sometimes have to 'take the shot' when I exhale lol.

Online yui

« Reply #3353 on: Tue, 09 February 2021, 09:14:21 »
The scoop is that QT LTS is becoming (or is) closed source.  I don't know what that means for KDE, but I hope you're right.

And since my phone doesn't have image stabilization either, I sometimes have to 'take the shot' when I exhale lol.
KDE is likely going to follow with KDE6, like when QT went from 4 to 5, KDE followed, although to be honest i have not searched, just going from what happened last time, and Qt5 was already in part closed source, no? KDE from what i understand also has blobs so i do not think it would bother them too much either :) and really should not bother you too much, you can still opensource your code, just peoples will need a propitiatory library to compile it, a lot of projects works like that by lack of better options, and once you know one, you have bases in them all, so nothing is lost.
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline korrelate

• iubeo stultum esse libenter
« Reply #3354 on: Fri, 19 February 2021, 00:19:07 »
The Barry Gibb Talk Show:

Topre REALFORCE Type S