Author Topic: Action camera  (Read 1419 times)

Offline bear95

Action camera
« on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 02:15:41 »
Anybody have experience/advice about action cameras?

I'm mostly gonna use it while skiing and was thinking about getting the gopro hero3+ black. Has WiFi and high fps recording but a bit on thr expensive side.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: Action camera
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 03:03:50 »
Hahahahah..

I just imagined a g4m3r wearing a go-pro while playing starcraft..   and extreme action music playing in the background..

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 03:15:32 »
i wanted to get a gopro when i went on my bike, but it seems to have really ****ty battery life.

usually i'd be on my bike for 4-5 hours, and carrying 2-3 batteries is just unneeded weight added.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 03:51:42 »
This guy has done a few (ha!) reviews of various cameras:

http://www.techmoan.com/
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline bear95

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 03:52:46 »
Yeah. So I'm planning to carry a portable charger to plug in while I use it. Adds bulk but no camera out there lasts long AFAIK and there's no other option. I ski 6 hrs daily and changing batteries midski is gonna be a hastle

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 14:12:00 »
I have a contour and it is pretty cool, I use it while biking mainly. Mine is a few years old, but they were a better deal then GoPro back then, and I prefer their streamlined look. Not sure how they stack up currently to the competition though.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 16:59:58 »
Maybe a Polaroid C3? They are super small so should be easy to mount somehow and are quite a bit cheaper than many others so as not to get too upset if you happen to crash and it gets broken.

Offline bear95

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 10 January 2015, 02:09:48 »
Did a bunch of looking around and I think I may settle on the replay xd prime x. Looks sleek, got high fps recording, and wifi... and cheaper too. Low light looks bad tho... hmm... I hope it doesn't cause a problem skiing at night.