Author Topic: Lasik  (Read 1306 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Lasik
« on: Sun, 25 January 2015, 02:40:57 »
People are Insane..

When it fails, many of the patients became suicidal..

So you're essentially betting your ENTIRE future on that surgery...

Just wear glasses people..

Everyone will think you're smarter and more amiable..

Offline mauri

Re: Lasik
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 25 January 2015, 08:10:56 »
or never get your eye sight checked and drive around with your car causing mayhem
I AM BABAR KING OF THE ELEPHANTS

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 25 January 2015, 14:25:40 »
or never get your eye sight checked and drive around with your car causing mayhem

Well this would cause roughly the same amount of death I think.

Offline asavi

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 25 January 2015, 14:26:38 »
I'm really glad I'm nearsighted so I only have to wear glasses when I go outside. Jokes on them I don't go outside.

I only recently got glasses, but I've probably had bad sight for a few years, so I like doing things with my glasses on and taking them off every so often to laugh at how bad my vision is.
« Last Edit: Sun, 25 January 2015, 14:28:16 by asavi »
Das Keyboard w/ Blues | Blackwidow w/ Blues | V60 w/ Clears

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 25 January 2015, 14:29:52 »
I'm really glad I'm nearsighted so I only have to wear glasses when I go outside. Jokes on them I don't go outside.

I only recently got glasses, but I've probably had bad sight for a few years, so I like doing things with my glasses on and taking them off every so often to laugh at how bad my vision is.

Friends don't let friends get lasiks

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 25 January 2015, 14:44:23 »
Lol, my mother actually offered me to go for the surgery but I had time constraints so I'm unable to do it.
My gf did it tho and nothing bad has happened. pre-surgery and post-surgery. just for a few months, she is relying on eye drops when her eyes gets really dry.
my eye power isnt exactly that high either around 150~175 for each eye. forgotten which is which. :D
occasionally I wear contacts but most of the time I just wear specs ;D
honestly, it's a good investment in the long run.
waking up and not needing to look for your glasses is pretty nice !
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline intelli78

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 25 January 2015, 14:49:22 »
People become suicidal because they're sad the treatment failed?  Or are you saying the laser has some kind of psychological effect?
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 25 January 2015, 15:01:51 »
Lol, my mother actually offered me to go for the surgery but I had time constraints so I'm unable to do it.
My gf did it tho and nothing bad has happened. pre-surgery and post-surgery. just for a few months, she is relying on eye drops when her eyes gets really dry.
my eye power isnt exactly that high either around 150~175 for each eye. forgotten which is which. :D

These are your eyes. The procedure is for the most part cosmetic. You are betting the visual well being for the rest of your life.

Lasiks industry has concealed a significant number of complications.

Fda study
Based on our initial analyses of our studies:

Up to 45 percent of participants, who had no visual symptoms before surgery, reported at least one visual symptom at three months after surgery.
Participants who developed new visual symptoms after surgery, most often developed halos.

Up to 35 percent of participants with no halos before LASIK had halos three months following surgery.

Up to 30 percent of participants with no symptoms of dry eyes before LASIK, reported dry eye symptoms at three months after their surgery. This is consistent with previous studies.)

Less than 1 percent of study participants experienced “a lot of” difficulty with or inability to do usual activities without corrective lenses because of their visual symptoms (halos, glare, et al) after LASIK surgery.

Participants who were not satisfied with the LASIK surgery reported all types of visual symptoms the questionnaire measured (double vision/ghosting, starbursts, glare, and halos).

Essentially there is roughly a 1% botched surgery rate..  Bet you life on that ??

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 25 January 2015, 15:43:32 »
More

These are your eyes. The procedure is for the most part cosmetic. You are betting the visual well being for the rest of your life.

Lasiks industry has concealed a significant number of complications.

Fda study
Based on our initial analyses of our studies:

Up to 45 percent of participants, who had no visual symptoms before surgery, reported at least one visual symptom at three months after surgery.
Participants who developed new visual symptoms after surgery, most often developed halos.

Up to 35 percent of participants with no halos before LASIK had halos three months following surgery.

Up to 30 percent of participants with no symptoms of dry eyes before LASIK, reported dry eye symptoms at three months after their surgery. This is consistent with previous studies.)

Less than 1 percent of study participants experienced “a lot of” difficulty with or inability to do usual activities without corrective lenses because of their visual symptoms (halos, glare, et al) after LASIK surgery.

Participants who were not satisfied with the LASIK surgery reported all types of visual symptoms the questionnaire measured (double vision/ghosting, starbursts, glare, and halos).

Essentially there is roughly a 1% botched surgery rate..  Bet you life on that ??

Hmm, good question. For now, I'm content with my specs & contacts. Although wearing contacts in England can be a pita. The wind is strong, the air is dry making my eyes really dry at times.
Om the other hand, specs are quite troublesome when it rains here which is like almost every time. Wet specs while crossing the road carrying groceries is not fun I can tell you that  :(
So yeah, I would probably do it in the future, if and only if I have the spare funds and if they manage to find a way to make it 100% risk free.  :p
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60