Author Topic: (IM NEW) When are people usually active on this website?  (Read 1898 times)

Offline ANightOnCloudNine

(IM NEW) When are people usually active on this website?
« on: Sat, 26 September 2015, 10:13:40 »
Pacific time, when usually is there people roaming around the site and threads feel like fluid discussions with fast responses (1-5 minutes) I'm new so I don't know the times the forums are active yet.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
Re: (IM NEW) When are people usually active on this website?
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 26 September 2015, 10:20:55 »
Most activity is honestly during work hours Mon-Fri when people are avoiding their duties. Truth.

We have great members from all over the world, though, so there is always something to chat about with someone, especially after you make some friends.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 26 September 2015, 10:21:32 »
work hours GMT-8 - GMT-5 with a bit of activity in GMT - GMT+1. mostly US timezones.

dont forget to check out my blog!
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 26 September 2015, 10:23:49 »
work hours GMT-8 - GMT-5 with a bit of activity in GMT - GMT+1. mostly US timezones.

dont forget to check out my blog!

Thanks guy

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 26 September 2015, 10:24:09 »
I think Saturday mornings are always slow. I used to fill up the spy so it only showed my replies.

But you've got people from across the globe who post at random times.

Some of us are here most all the time and it really depends on the topic whether or not you get much response.

PS: Tapatalk keeps hanging so my replies are way delayed. :facepalm:

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 26 September 2015, 10:26:46 »
Most activity is honestly during work hours Mon-Fri when people are avoiding their duties. Truth.

We have great members from all over the world, though, so there is always something to chat about with someone, especially after you make some friends.

Lol, this community sounds awesome and this will probably be the first forum site I'll actually use instead of abandoning it. (usually i get bored of forum websites but i have an interest in keyboards so i'll probably stay)

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 26 September 2015, 10:52:39 »
Seems like posting really drops off starting around 11pm EST everyday also
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 04:15:51 »
Evenings over here seem a bit slow sometimes, which is probably the small hours of the morning in the US where a large percentage of the users seem to be based.

Weekends are a bit slow sometimes, although I don't often get a chance to even look at GH on Saturdays, and sometimes not until late afternoon on Sundays (today, for example).

Looks like I do most of my posting between 8pm and 9pm, which would be about right - that's evening between dinner and bed.

112061-0
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 04:28:45 »

Evenings over here seem a bit slow sometimes, which is probably the small hours of the morning in the US where a large percentage of the users seem to be based.

Weekends are a bit slow sometimes, although I don't often get a chance to even look at GH on Saturdays, and sometimes not until late afternoon on Sundays (today, for example).

Looks like I do most of my posting between 8pm and 9pm, which would be about right - that's evening between dinner and bed.

(Attachment Link)

Whenever rowdy posts a lot, means everyone else is sleeping :P

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 04:56:04 »
There are active members from all over the world here, so I would suppose that there is activity pretty much all around the clock.
I usually come here at night after work ... if I have a job and it is not a weekend. But now it is Sunday noon (where I live, dumbass!) and it is maybe my second visit to Geekhack for the day.
🍉

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 05:21:42 »

(Attachment Link)

Everyone else must get a lot of sleep :eek:
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #11 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 05:22:50 »

(Attachment Link)

That I do, that I do

Hey, wanna do me a favor sometime in the next few months?

« Reply #12 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 05:45:01 »

(Attachment Link)

That I do, that I do

sure

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
(IM NEW) When are people usually active on this website?
« Reply #13 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 05:46:52 »

(Attachment Link)

That I do, that I do

sure

Oh my bad, that was aimed at rowdy. Unless you also live near Perth, Western Australia :P
Unless I'm screwing up my locations of Australians, it's late :(

« Reply #14 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 05:49:15 »

(Attachment Link)

That I do, that I do

sure

Oh my bad, that was aimed at rowdy. Unless you also live near Perth, Western Australia :P
It was a joke  :p

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 05:50:52 »
This is UK time, so GMT or GMT+1 and I work about 10:00-18:00 plus travel on weekdays.  Not sure how I managed twice as many at 4am as 3am and unsurprisingly I don't remember the 5am one at all.  Pretty sure 6am was an alarm for a KRAP sale...

This won't help you though as most of my posts are not casual conversation - if you don't post an interesting project for critique or start making caps I will pretty much ignore you.  Nothing personal :))
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #16 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 06:01:28 »

(Attachment Link)

That I do, that I do

sure

I'm almost as far away from Perth as you can get and still be in Australia.  Except for those in Sydney, who are ever further away from Perth.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #17 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 06:03:12 »

(Attachment Link)

That I do, that I do

sure

I'm almost as far away from Perth as you can get and still be in Australia.  Except for those in Sydney, who are ever further away from Perth.

Yup, thought as much. That definitely means I should sleep.

On topic, I bet GH will only get noisier while I nap :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #18 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 06:08:06 »

(Attachment Link)

That I do, that I do

sure

Depends how much you snore ;)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #19 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 06:39:39 »

YOU'RE SURE  this is the word you mean't to say..