Author Topic: Just saw -Children of the Corn-  (Read 1776 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Just saw -Children of the Corn-
« on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 03:38:59 »
Was this scary in 1984..

Cuz I just kept waiting for something to happen... and nadda..

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
Re: Just saw -Children of the Corn-
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 04:02:37 »
This movie was made before ADHD was a thing. It's a movie of it's time, back when sending a kid to their room meant something and families still had dinner together.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 04:09:50 »
Oh, hey, Linda Hamilton!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 07:08:38 »
This movie was made before ADHD was a thing. It's a movie of it's time, back when sending a kid to their room meant something and families still had dinner together.

When I read this noisy..

I can't help but feel that, despite the literal assessment of society today as above those things..  the author resents the present and perhaps himself....

/like a summer ham

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 09:22:03 »
"He wants you, too, Malachi!"
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 09:38:04 »

Yea. they never explained exact what this -malicious- force wants or why it wanted it...

If it needs the -corn- energy,  why does it kill adults.. Adults haz to grow the damn corn.

As if a bunch of kids could possibly maintain all them square MILES of agriculture.

THe more I think about it,  the more I get angry at the fact that the script seems lazy..

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 09:57:22 »

Yea. they never explained exact what this -malicious- force wants or why it wanted it...

If it needs the -corn- energy,  why does it kill adults.. Adults haz to grow the damn corn.

As if a bunch of kids could possibly maintain all them square MILES of agriculture.

THe more I think about it,  the more I get angry at the fact that the script seems lazy..

It was originally a short story, by Stephen King, of course. You need to read The Stand, and probably The Eyes of the Dragon, and the Dark Tower series. They all tie in with a common thread, character, etc.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 12:19:35 »
I watched this movie at a church youth group event thing in middle school or whatever.  I have no recollection of the film itself, but I remember thinking it was incredibly silly and not really great.

Offline drewba

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 14:13:53 »
I watched this movie at a church youth group event thing in middle school or whatever.  I have no recollection of the film itself, but I remember thinking it was incredibly silly and not really great.

That's one wild youth group!