Author Topic: bosses  (Read 1248 times)

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • KA2 touchpad on top
    • csmertx.com
bosses
« on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 21:46:55 »
I worked as a clerk for a few years and it seemed like 50% of the male customers called me boss. Ironically? idk

Anyway, my boss at the time had this outrageous laugh and he would only laugh at his own jokes. Which was usually at the expense of a coworker. Sometimes we could hear that laugh from the parking lot, like seriously, why are you trying to rupture our eardrums?

Chris Schammert

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
Re: bosses
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 22:01:39 »
Is your boss Ripster?

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • KA2 touchpad on top
    • csmertx.com
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 22:04:04 »
Chris Schammert

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 22:23:43 »
My immediate boss is 10 years younger than me but my actual boss is 10 years older than me, it's a really odd position to be in because the younger guy acts more like a coworker and our boss hardly ever comes around but when he wants something he always calls me directly.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 22:42:09 »
I once got a new job where I was trained by someone who just started their 2nd week in the department and clearly had no idea what they were doing. I trained under their incompetence for 7 days before they gave my then boss a report saying I wasn't learning the software fast enough and the next day I was fired over the phone. Cut to the next week that same person trains 'my replacement' who spends 7 days training under them and then getting fired after 'not learning the software fast enough.' Then they promoted the moronic new hire training everyone poorly giving them a dual role doing their current job AND the new position - both with expectedly ****ty results. Find out later she was the bosses daughters best friend and basically unfireable. Cool.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 27 April 2016, 05:51:16 »
My boss is so like Dilbert's pointy hair boss.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline GenKaan

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Mer caps, mindre käbbel
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 28 April 2016, 14:25:23 »
Had two bosses get sacked within 6 months at a place I used to work. Both were incompetent but neither was fired for it.

Boss1: 25ish who got the job because the HQ office hated him and wanted him gone, so instead of getting rid of him he got to open his own office. He was super lucky and hired me and some other super good people who ran the office with out him having a say really. He took his job super serious but was the worst at everything out of all the staff. All he really did was play games, give us free lunches, talk about his Taekwondo tournaments, and how godlike he was before he got "promoted" to boss at the office.  Eventually half the people quit and he got called back to HQ for some unknown reason and we got a replacement guy from HQ instead of promoting one of the people who stayed

Boss2: A 25ish year old fat idiot who loved football, McDonalds, and the piece of **** place he grew up in. He never moved out of the small town and had a dream of becoming a firefighter, even if he could barley walk up the 3 floors of stairs to get to the office. The only thing he actually managed to do was steal from the staff after getting half the people who quit to come back. He reported false results, made the least amount of actual work, took three dumps a day each over 30min. The fun thing was that he didnt get fired because he stole from the people he worked with, they removed him because of stealing from the company. He also left work about an hour before everyone else because he counted the travel time to work as part of his work day, no one else got to do that

Fun times :)
|| @Home:: Shine 3 TKL (Mx Red / Deep Space)  || @Work:: G2Pro (Mx Clear / Dye Sub PBT) ||
@Reserve:: HHKB (Topre 45g / Mixed PBT) // Das v3 (Mx Brown / Blank PBT)

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 28 April 2016, 15:19:03 »
All the previous IT managers got fired (one was there for 12 years, the other for 3) and now I'm more or less the IT manager without the formal title. My boss is the VP of Technology/IT, and his boss is the CEO.
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 28 April 2016, 16:12:05 »
hate your boss? join geekhack's communist party
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.