Author Topic: The - Is it Here Yet?, Disease  (Read 1389 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
The - Is it Here Yet?, Disease
« on: Mon, 23 May 2016, 04:18:56 »
I check my online orders at least 5 times a day..

This is insane.. because I am very aware that checking if the water is boiling has no influence on how long it takes to boil..

Waiting for packages is stressful..

Probably second only to waiting for text-message from attractive females..

Offline rurushu

Re: The - Is it Here Yet?, Disease
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 23 May 2016, 05:22:00 »
What are you getting in the mail?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 23 May 2016, 06:01:28 »

ethernet cable crimper..

I dropped my previous one, and it's too misaligned to use..

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 23 May 2016, 06:08:56 »
You should move to Australia.

Things take around 3 weeks to arrive, so you get used to waiting, and sometimes just forget what's coming as it takes so long.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline rurushu

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 23 May 2016, 06:10:52 »

ethernet cable crimper..

I dropped my previous one, and it's too misaligned to use..
Show Image

OuO no wonder previously you were asking what color of RJ45 sheath for more speed  ;D

I learnt how to make ethernet cables back in Uni, but never really made some for own usage, still go to shops and buy ready-made ones... LMAO.

Back to topic, I normally would stay from checking on it, maybe once or twice a week, and try not to think about it.
That way, the anxiety is less and I feel better.
UNLESS.... you are in dire need of the item.

Offline algernon

• A tiny mouse, a hacker.
    • Diaries of a Madman
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 23 May 2016, 06:15:34 »
When I was waiting for my keyboard, as soon as I received the tracking number, I went to google maps, and started plotting the route: where it started from, where I expected it to arrive next and when, compared to where and when it actually went. It was funny. We even made bets with my wife whether the package will fly over us, and then back (it did).

I spent so much time making the map nice, and researching routes! But, I only checked the tracking page twice a day.

If you want to avoid refreshing the tracking page, mapping the route, and researching possible paths to your doorstep is a nicely working, even more time-consuming alternative.

Hope this... well... "helps", I guess?

Offline Darkshado

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 23 May 2016, 20:56:59 »
This came to mind:

Alt text: I don't even *want* this package! Why did I join the stinging insect of the month club, anyway?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 24 May 2016, 00:59:02 »
where do i find stinging insects of the month club..