Author Topic: Beserkfan/Gutz Reconciliation - Consolidated  (Read 35790 times)

Offline Skysophrenic

Beserkfan/Gutz Reconciliation - Consolidated
« on: Sun, 24 July 2016, 02:00:52 »
I'm starting a new thread because old thread is too messy. Too many people chiming in all over the place, and a good portion of it full of ignorance or irrelevant chatter.

So for those that don't know, Beserkfan has recently made off and pretty much is laughing from his new home about all the money he's managed to scam away from people. So be it. To Gutz, sincerely and wholeheartedly, **** you. Back when we first started to reveal some of the light in what has happened, I committed myself, as a way of entering the community, to try to help people get their stuff back. Whether it was through refunds, or having to proxy ship to each other, my end goal was to provide a channel to have users reach out to each other and work things out amongst themselves.

To everyone else, I've spent a good amount of time (months) trying to reconciled what I could. Collecting data, proof, screenshots, orders, etc etc, across GH, reddit, and other communities. In this time, I've learnt a good number of things:

1. Even when you chase people down, some people don't want to be helped,
2. Many don't understand the magnitude or logistical nightmare of having an after-party fix-up for a whole sale that should have never happened,
3. There are a far too many ignorant bunch of people that will crap on your thread. Almost also always accompanied by a huge amount of arrogance and/or entitlement and condescending personality. Coincidentally, they also seem to miss out on many of the smaller details, or the fact that crapping is always done with cherry picked arguments. Whatever.
4. Finally, apparently a lot of other people are somewhat more knowledgeable than me on the whole situation despite not having done the research or indeed, being a part of it. If someone can point out how I could possibly be "profiteering under the guise of altruism" and "taking advantage of a confused and angry community by appearing to be a white knight from reddit", please let me know. I'd like to get my $400.00 back.

So thank you, for being a fantastic community. /s.

On a more serious note, I have to thank everyone to come together, and being patient. it's not always easy, especially juggling different types of orders, people, timezones, countries, work, and personal lives. What I have done is reconciled what I have been given, to date. It's pretty incomplete and of course, potentially wrought with errors. Some people may have been dishonest with claims, but I can't control that. Know that I have done the best I could.

I will have 2 rounds of edits. If I missed anything, submit to me with proof - screenshots, pictures, timestamps, screenshots of pm's, the works. Anything without it will not be added. I will not chase you down. First round will take place on Tuesday, the 26th of July. 2nd and final additions will be made on 1st of August. Dates are strict.

This is the spreadsheet.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hdp5VngkejeTHM_U8G2JFJUCGYrsgH_-GX1EmXfHx5g/edit#gid=1625914025

1. Reach out to others on what you have bought
2. Provide proof of order. Ask for proof of received parcel.
3. If either is unsatisfied, work it out. No person is mediating any more.
4. Cross ship/ agree on shipping terms
5. Don't cry if you don't find anything. I'm out essentially $400.00 since anything of mine has either been double sold, or not shown up.

Obviously I'm missing some things from people. But I'm done chasing people down, so it's up to you guys now to contact each other and figure out how (if) you will get your items that you've ordered from Gutz. Sorry it took so long, but as it is I've had enough things happening in my real life that's been pulling me to other more important things.

It hasn't been a smooth process to date, certainly not perfect, and at times not necessarily very civil. But I have to thank Rootwyrm and some others for working with me, even though we may not have communicated perfectly. But anyway, I feel that I've written enough: sometimes it's better to just not say very much because it wont be read anyway.

I want to ask mods to not delete this/merge this. I've purposely made a new thread for visibility.

« Last Edit: Sun, 24 July 2016, 02:06:19 by Skysophrenic »

Offline Skysophrenic

Re: Beserkfan/Gutz Reconciliation - Consolidated
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 24 July 2016, 02:01:18 »
Refuds

Instructions on making a claim on paypal - relevant even with GIFT payment.

If you did Goods and services:

1. Make a claim and wait for reply.
2. Reference beserkfan as a seller that has many other claims against his name
3. Provide evidence of what you ordered (your pms with him, make sure you provide evidence of his pp details in it as well, to solidify your claim)
4. If paypal makes you ship your package to him for a refund, ensure that you will be re-reimbursed for your shipping. Also state that others have tried to refund from him and that the address/package was not picked up at his address due to him moving houses.
5. if you are waiting for your package, still  open a case. If the package does indeed arrive in the end, then all is well and done and state that you'll close the case.

Remain civil and unprovocative. If you have to, provide quotations from Beserkfan about him not willing to provide refunds (in this thread somewhere). But do not provoke a response. A seller that does not respond within a set amount of time will result in you winning your claim.

IF YOU PAID WITH GIFT:

1. Call paypal up and explain the situation - you  made a payment to a seller using the gift option.
2. State that he has many claims against his name. It should be in the system
3. State that he insisted upon receiving payment as a gift - explain that he claimed that "Paypal is making me upgrade to seller account which gets taxed".
4. Ask for a one time exception on even a partial refund. Explain that it was wide-spread fraud on his end. Provide reference other claims/orders if necessary. Do not hang up until there are some consequences. There are enough flags on his account that you should be able to get some reconciliation.

In both cases, provide all the details you can - shipping/no shipping tracking, when you paid, when and what was the last form of communication you had.

I hate to make it seem like I'm brigading folks to target and attack a single person but in reality, it's getting your money back for incorrect G&S. If a company made a mistake, you bet you'd get your money back or a recall of all items.

Bank transfer:

For those that did a bank transfer - bring it up with your bank. State that there was fraud committed - outside of the US, bank transfers are a valid method of payment. There are channels which banks communicate with and if enough flags are raised on his account in Singapore the bank there will also take action. There is already an active investigation in Singapore - additional claims from overseas will solidify the fact that there is wrong doing.

Update:I am not actively following the progress of it - I am not the filer. It is done on an individual basis, and it'll be up to the banks to reconnect and find fault.

Moneygram and WU:

We're ****ed. Sorry guys. I called in and escalated all the way up to director level last friday. While we Moneygram's sympathies, they have stated clearly in their ToS that they should not be used for buying/selling. Furthermore, even if they wanted to track down the withdrawer of our money, they can't as the transaction was withdrawn in cash.

WU, we're ****ed here too. Sorry guys.
« Last Edit: Sun, 24 July 2016, 17:19:56 by Skysophrenic »

Offline kekman

• quit life
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 24 July 2016, 03:07:25 »
Sincere thanks to Sky for spending the time making the documentation, gathering everyone around and basically being the backbone for the whole process of recovery from berserkfan's actions.

Offline [Lewynlight]

• Formerly Dymloslouire
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 24 July 2016, 23:12:10 »
Thanks so much sky and rootwyrm!

Now.. i remember there's someone who received my mx clear stem(s)... But i can't seems to find that at previous thread.. can any of you PM me if you know/you're the one who holds it?

Pm'ed geniekid and poog.
« Last Edit: Sun, 24 July 2016, 23:22:23 by Dymloslouire »
TGR Jane V1 CE - TGR Jane v2 - TGR Jane V2 CE  - TGR 910 R1 - TGR 910 RE Polycarbonate - TGR 910v3 Prototype - TGR Police - TGR Tris - TGR Tomo Polycarbonate - RS60 - RS65 "Pendora" - RS TKL - EM8

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 26 July 2016, 11:54:41 »
As you folks can clearly see, this was absolutely 100% a scam from day one. Out of more than $6,000 in sales and more than well over 200 confirmed sales - more than $8,000 and 320 items if we include what was declared by Goh as "sold" - less than half actually shipped. That's if we presume people were not dishonest thieves themselves, but we also know for fact that's not the case. Regardless, less than 10% of the items that were actually paid for showed up anywhere. Most of the packages actually received contained literal garbage or the item was vastly different from how it was described.

People who didn't already file their claim or reverse the charges are at this point screwed. And we know for fact that Beng Goh or Goh Beng using the email address gbgqng@gmail.com made off with at least $2,500 in hard cash from wire transfers and MoneyGrams. Despite the clear and indisputable evidence, the moderation team took and continues to take the stance "that all transactions conducted on GH are at your own risk. We do ban members, either from classifieds/commercial activity or from the site entirely, when evidence of a scam comes to light." That's a direct quote. But they did not take any action against beserkfan for weeks even as the evidence kept growing, and continued to tolerate - and in some cases even encourage - victim blaming and threadcrapping. And of course, he's not been banned from the site.
And banning someone from "selling" when they've already made off with thousands of dollars and walked away from the site, so effective. /s
To say nothing of the fact that I had no difficulty locating three threads from people who are banned from sales on other sites as known scammers, who are still permitted to sell here, despite the concrete evidence that they are scammers. And this episode has removed absolutely any doubt that it will occur again, and again, and again. It's going on right now. That's not even touching on the 'vendor' drama over the years.

If you had issues with the beserkfan sale, I am going to repeat what I said before: you need to take it up with the moderation team and their policies that enable and encourage scammers like Goh.
Skysophrenic and I were just trying to be decent human beings - something the other thread proved is in desperately short supply around here - and help others as well as ourselves. All I ever wanted was my two keyboards, which I fully expect either have been stolen or didn't exist at this point. And if I could help somebody else find their stuff on the way, so much the better for everyone. That's how a community is supposed to work. Skysophrenic and I put in a lot of hours and lost a lot of sleep trying to get this **** sorted out because it was the right thing to do. Best case, I'm out more than 40 hours of time just dealing with my own attempts to get a refund, to say nothing of the time spent collecting and detailing the evidence of everyone else's transactions.

After the way the moderation team and "community" behaved throughout this ordeal, I absolutely will not mediate anything, and the final edits will be the final edits.
"I remain convinced I am the only person alive who has successfully worn out an IBM Model M mechanically."
Daily Drivers: Adesso 625 (NPKC PBT / Kailh Blue), Rosewill RK9000V2 (KC PBT / MX Brown), 1994 Model M13, Sun Type4, and the rare IBM 1394540.

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 26 July 2016, 22:55:21 »
If we banned bezerk, then he wouldn't be able to ever come back and reconcile. We leave it as the last option in case theres a chance of things getting sorted properly. Plus, banning people who haven't posted since mid may isn't exactly much of a punishment..

Offline Darkshado

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 26 July 2016, 23:34:02 »
byker: I'll be the first surprised if berserkfan suddently comes out of the woodwork, apologizes and refunds people their money. No need to ban him; indeed, there's little advantage doing so, the issue I think rootwyrm raises is a bit broader than that.

I haven't been here for long enough to know all the stories, nor do I follow GBs closely. However, I can think of at least one vendor subforum that has had zero communication along with multi-year delays in delivering high value paid-for items, and yet, all the "business as usual" threads are pinned, while the one warning about the entire situation isn't.

Known problem posters from other similar venues should be kept under close surveillance as well.

Those are two things the moderator team can and should do something about.

Back to the berserkfan situation: there's been enough time for him to do the right thing, sort out his PMs, e-mails and notes...

We know public relations aren't his forte: he could have contacted some posters from here in private to act as intermediaries, cooperated with Skysophrenic and rootwyrm, refunded those who paid via wire transfers / Moneygram / Western Union / PayPal, etc.

If he's got a hoarding problem / changed his mind and ultimately keep most of the stuff, why'd he simply not say he changed his mind and refunded? Minus some transaction fees, he wouldn't be out much, nor would the enthusiasts and collectors on here.

Regards,

Darkshado

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 26 July 2016, 23:52:53 »
byker: I'll be the first surprised if berserkfan suddently comes out of the woodwork, apologizes and refunds people their money. No need to ban him; indeed, there's little advantage doing so, the issue I think rootwyrm raises is a bit broader than that.

I haven't been here for long enough to know all the stories, nor do I follow GBs closely. However, I can think of at least one vendor subforum that has had zero communication along with multi-year delays in delivering high value paid-for items, and yet, all the "business as usual" threads are pinned, while the one warning about the entire situation isn't.

Known problem posters from other similar venues should be kept under close surveillance as well.

Those are two things the moderator team can and should do something about.

Regards,

Darkshado

Fair point, and I do agree that we are a slow with these kinds of things.

Offline Skysophrenic

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 27 July 2016, 14:48:57 »
First date for changes has past and no submissions.

Either it's good that Root and I have been thorough enough and gotten things sorted, or people aren't seeing the thread.

If folks can help others see the thread, it'll increase the changes that at least some of us will get something. Hopefully.

Next deadline is 1st of August. Past that date I'm no longer going to accept any submissions, since I've spent far too much time on something that should have never happened.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 27 July 2016, 15:41:45 »
Since I paid for a large box of "leftovers" and made general requests for types of things I would want rather than making a specific "order" I don't have any actual "standing" for a place on the list.

And since I have received nothing (12 weeks tomorrow) I am pretty close to giving up altogether. However, if my ship does eventually come in, I would be willing to see what could be worked out with whoever. For that reason, I hope that the list is clear about what has been found as well as what was lost.

Thanks again for all the hard work.
Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline Skysophrenic

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 01 August 2016, 01:01:37 »
Last day before any cut offs for amendments.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 01 August 2016, 05:58:40 »
No change from me, unless you want to include the price: $35 for the Ducky black on yellow PBT keycaps.

I suspect there was only one set that was sold twice, and I gather the other person is more closely followuping up on this.  I suspect I ordered second, so that's ok.

The numpad I received that belongs to Broadmonkey - we've discussed it and he doesn't want it.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Skysophrenic

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 02 August 2016, 14:38:54 »
Alrighty, we're done here.

I'll be messaging some folks or whatever now to clear up my end. I'm not making any more changes. I don't care what you folks do now, whether it is trade, cross ship, or just sell what you got.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 02 August 2016, 15:51:42 »
Thanks for your work. You put a lot into it and helped people out.

I went to the Post Office one last time today to see whether I had a box sitting in the back room, but still no luck.

Although I have tried to give Gutz the benefit of the doubt all along, I pretty much need to let myself realize that he totally ripped me off, like so many other people.

If you are reading this from your new user account - I am deeply disappointed, I thought that you were an honorable man.
Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 03 August 2016, 06:03:14 »
Thanks for your work. You put a lot into it and helped people out.

I went to the Post Office one last time today to see whether I had a box sitting in the back room, but still no luck.

Although I have tried to give Gutz the benefit of the doubt all along, I pretty much need to let myself realize that he totally ripped me off, like so many other people.

If you are reading this from your new user account - I am deeply disappointed, I thought that you were an honorable man.

+1 thank you for time and effort to coordinate our efforts to sort this mess out.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 03 August 2016, 10:17:34 »
To echo the prior two posts, thanks to you and Root for all of your hard work.  Just goes to show that even with a timestamp that shows the object in question, it might not be as stated when you get it.  It's definitely been a learning experience... just glad that in the end I didn't have to pay for the lesson learned, and sorry for those that did have to pay for it.

I hope that this doesn't dissuade you from hanging around Sky- you're the type of fellow that we need more of around here.

Offline Darkshado

« Reply #16 on: Wed, 03 August 2016, 20:31:47 »
alh84001: Got the package, thanks!

For the others: alh84001 wound up with two freebie DDR2 RAM sticks which were supposed to accompany boards shipped by berserkfan. He agreed to ship them in exchange for a beer or coffee should either of us visit the others' country. Got nothing at all from berserkfan since late April.

Fittingly, considering how everything else in this sale has turned out: only one of two sticks actually works POSTs... Edit: Memtest86+ reports errors with it. :mad:
« Last Edit: Wed, 03 August 2016, 22:33:52 by Darkshado »

Offline honeynugget

• /u/honeynugget on reddit
« Reply #17 on: Fri, 05 August 2016, 17:44:22 »
Thanks Skysophrenic for the great advice in the 2nd post. I was able to get a full refund from Paypal even though I paid via gift. I sent customer service a message via the message center explaining my situation. At first they explained that there was nothing they can do because it was a gift payment. However, when I asked again for a one-time exception to their policy, they gave me the refund citing myself being a Paypal customer for 10+ years and having an account in good standing. Hopefully everyone else who paid via gift can get their money back the same way.

Offline Skysophrenic

« Reply #18 on: Mon, 15 August 2016, 15:21:12 »
small bump.

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #19 on: Tue, 16 August 2016, 15:10:46 »
El Bumpity, as I have been IMPOSSIBLY busy the past two weeks to say the least. And still am. Sigh.

I finally got all the paperwork just last week. There is no question that Gutz took the money and ran, defrauding everyone including Paypal in the process. Paypal has been fighting larger refunds because those are coming out of their pocket, and they even admitted such. They really did spend the $250 fee to force it into Visa Arbitration. So in addition to my money, they are out another $250, the money they had to spend on lawyers, and according to what I received and was told, were slapped with a Code 83 Card-Absent Fraud chargeback, and were issued additional penalties. In short, Paypal was hit VERY severely by Visa for not only enabling this fraud but actively defrauding Visa issuers by refusing to issue refunds.
If Paypal is fighting you, they will not give up, and they are more than willing to incur thousands of dollars in costs. You will have to work closely with your issuer and make sure to obtain all of the evidence the issuer requires. Every time they lose a case like this, it increases the chances Visa will force an audit and increases the likelihood that they will be ordered to issue a blanket refund to all victims.

I was hoping to ship Meiosis his keycaps this weekend, but like I said - I've been absolutely slammed. They are all boxed up and ready to go, I just have to actually get out of the house long enough to get a shipping label on them.
"I remain convinced I am the only person alive who has successfully worn out an IBM Model M mechanically."
Daily Drivers: Adesso 625 (NPKC PBT / Kailh Blue), Rosewill RK9000V2 (KC PBT / MX Brown), 1994 Model M13, Sun Type4, and the rare IBM 1394540.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #20 on: Thu, 18 August 2016, 06:55:07 »
14 weeks today and I have officially given up and accepted that Gutz just totally stole my money and ripped me off.

TP has kept talking about Paypal and Rootwyrm and how I might have gotten a package later if the **** had not hit the fan, but we all know that the entire motivation behind the project was supposedly to get all the volume out of the door immediately before a move. So whatever would have been shipped was certain to be in a box and out the door by early May. The idea that he would cart the stuff to the new house and ship it from there is ludicrous.

I tried to defend him and keep a positive attitude all along, which makes me even more hurt and disappointed now.

My real regret is that I did what he asked and paid via moneygram via cash, so I have no recourse whatsoever.
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline [Lewynlight]

• Formerly Dymloslouire
« Reply #21 on: Thu, 18 August 2016, 08:05:46 »
poog haven't answered my PM until now..
TGR Jane V1 CE - TGR Jane v2 - TGR Jane V2 CE  - TGR 910 R1 - TGR 910 RE Polycarbonate - TGR 910v3 Prototype - TGR Police - TGR Tris - TGR Tomo Polycarbonate - RS60 - RS65 "Pendora" - RS TKL - EM8

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #22 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 05:57:40 »
14 weeks today and I have officially given up and accepted that Gutz just totally stole my money and ripped me off.

TP has kept talking about Paypal and Rootwyrm and how I might have gotten a package later if the **** had not hit the fan, but we all know that the entire motivation behind the project was supposedly to get all the volume out of the door immediately before a move. So whatever would have been shipped was certain to be in a box and out the door by early May. The idea that he would cart the stuff to the new house and ship it from there is ludicrous.

I tried to defend him and keep a positive attitude all along, which makes me even more hurt and disappointed now.

My real regret is that I did what he asked and paid via moneygram via cash, so I have no recourse whatsoever.

I've often wondered whether I would have been less disappointed to have received nothing, rather than the crap I did get.

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
    • Guam Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #23 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 06:53:41 »

I've often wondered whether I would have been less disappointed to have received nothing, rather than the crap I did get.

Something is still something rowdy :( and I was stupid not to have filed since I paid gift. :(

Offline mike52787

• Alps Aficionado
« Reply #24 on: Tue, 23 August 2016, 17:54:50 »
UPDATE AND QUESTIONS:
I recieved my PLU-87 TKL a few weeks ago in a separate package. confusing. This can be crossed off the "not recieved list".
I also have sent the package I recieved along to its riightful owner.

Have any F122s surfaced?

Have all the f50s surfaced?

I am 300$ into this ****. If anyone finds the ansi modded f122, I would love it. Being a 17 year old with no formal job other than selling on ebay and freelance computer repair, 300$ is not a small sum for me. If ANYONE finds any of my stuff, please shoot me a pm. I will be happy to pay shipping.
« Last Edit: Tue, 23 August 2016, 17:56:53 by mike52787 »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #25 on: Tue, 23 August 2016, 18:21:33 »
UPDATE AND QUESTIONS:
I recieved my PLU-87 TKL a few weeks ago in a separate package. confusing. This can be crossed off the "not recieved list".

Have any F122s surfaced?

I am 300$ into this ****. If anyone finds the ansi modded f122, I would love it. Being a 17 year old with no formal job other than selling on ebay and freelance computer repair, 300$ is not a small sum for me. If ANYONE finds any of my stuff, please shoot me a pm. I will be happy to pay shipping.

You didn't pay by paypal?

Offline mike52787

• Alps Aficionado
« Reply #26 on: Tue, 23 August 2016, 18:22:20 »
UPDATE AND QUESTIONS:

Have any F122s surfaced?

I paid via WU, I got in after he stopped accepting paypal.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #27 on: Tue, 23 August 2016, 18:38:17 »
UPDATE AND QUESTIONS:

Have any F122s surfaced?

I paid via WU, I got in after he stopped accepting paypal.

sigh....

It is indeed disconcerting that this happened...

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #28 on: Tue, 23 August 2016, 21:47:11 »
There were quite a few people who paid via Moneygram via cash because that was what he requested and we attempted to be accommodating.

If he were to simply stand up and describe what really happened, in detail, warts and all, it would go a long way with providing closure to the situation. Even if nobody ever got another nickel, it would make a lot of people feel better just to know the truth, however ugly it is.

And it needs to come directly from Goh himself, nobody here gives a ****ing rat's ass about anything that TP4tissue has to say in the matter.
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29 on: Wed, 24 August 2016, 04:51:01 »
This event is now fundamentally over.. What's done is done

Which is why it's been important that we analyze the facts..

Where things went wrong..

Most importantly,  the proper forum/ community response to the situation..

In every buy/ sale,  things can go wrong..  In this case, negligent shipping on part of Berserkfan..

So, from what happened here, where --Rootwyrm, Sky, Chuckdee--'s Witch-hunting pushed away the only person Capable of the package recovery efforts,

The important take-away is that attitudes have to be amicable, and Not so Coercive like that employeed by --Rootwyrm--

as for , whether Berserk will come back to give you guys closure,  that is very unlikely,  he's done everything at this point to cut ties with Geekhack, this much I know to be true..

And, realistically,  Even if he does come back to say,  Hey yea,  --Rootwyrm's-- messed it up, he's a liar..

The only thing that'd happen, is someone from --Rootwyrm's-- camp would point the fingers right back..

Which is why an Impartial-Party such as myself is important as record keeper..

I really don't have any emotions towards either camp..  While I chuckle that --Rootwyrm Sky-- shot themselves in the foot by pushing away Berserkfan..

I mean, now they've learned a lesson. don't be ****s.. haha.. Berserk was really trying to work things out..

There's no payoff on part of Berserkfan to Tp4 to say these things..  and Tp4 is laying out the proper progress of events merely to insure FUTURE disaster response is done more properly..

as for Fohat.dig.. hahahahaha..

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #30 on: Wed, 24 August 2016, 07:05:36 »
Like I said
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline mike52787

• Alps Aficionado
« Reply #31 on: Wed, 24 August 2016, 19:36:14 »
I guess Im just going to have to swallow the 300$ loss if noone comes up with my stuff. In the meantime, Ill be buying another f122.

Offline Skysophrenic

« Reply #32 on: Fri, 26 August 2016, 11:13:04 »
TP, you're not wanted here nor were you impacted. It doesn't concern you in any way. You neither took the time to research or think about what you're saying or who you're supporting. I have no regrets, and I gave more than ample time for gutz to come straight. On the other hand, all you do is spout hypocritical nonsense.
« Last Edit: Fri, 26 August 2016, 11:15:40 by Skysophrenic »

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #33 on: Fri, 26 August 2016, 15:17:41 »

Will someone call 911? I think I have a hernia from laughing too hard.

Offline SixtyLife

« Reply #34 on: Fri, 26 August 2016, 15:22:15 »

In every buy/ sale,  things can go wrong..  In this case, negligent shipping on part of Berserkfan..

So, from what happened here, where --Rootwyrm, Sky, Chuckdee--'s Witch-hunting pushed away the only person Capable of the package recovery efforts,

The important take-away is that attitudes have to be amicable, and Not so Coercive like that employeed by --Rootwyrm--

as for , whether Berserk will come back to give you guys closure,  that is very unlikely,  he's done everything at this point to cut ties with Geekhack, this much I know to be true..

And, realistically,  Even if he does come back to say,  Hey yea,  --Rootwyrm's-- messed it up, he's a liar..

The only thing that'd happen, is someone from --Rootwyrm's-- camp would point the fingers right back..

I really don't have any emotions towards either camp..  While I chuckle that --Rootwyrm Sky-- shot themselves in the foot by pushing away Berserkfan..

I mean, now they've learned a lesson. don't be ****s.. haha.. Berserk was really trying to work things out..

There's no payoff on part of Berserkfan to Tp4 to say these things..  and Tp4 is laying out the proper progress of events merely to insure FUTURE disaster response is done more properly..

you need to take a good hard look in the mirror man. the only one being a **** here is you tp.
Kishsaver, JP SSK, Displaywriter SSK, 360C, HHKB Type S, X60, Jane v2, Jane v2 CE

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #35 on: Fri, 26 August 2016, 15:24:21 »

you need to take a good hard look in the mirror man.

Thanks for Bumping the Facts. It is the most unbiased and correct record of the Berserk fan shipping debacle.

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #36 on: Fri, 26 August 2016, 15:47:29 »

you need to take a good hard look in the mirror man.

Thanks for Bumping the Facts. It is the most unbiased and correct record of the Berserk fan shipping debacle.

ftfy

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #37 on: Sat, 27 August 2016, 15:32:50 »
The complete lack of response from the moderation team - as usual - is exactly why neither Skysophrenic and I are interested or willing to help any more than we have already, and regret doing what we have.

The moderation team has been completely unsupportive throughout the process, and has basically told everyone "welp you already got ****ed, we made a pointless token gesture. Sucks to be you, we don't care, and we're going to encourage the trolls." Any claims to the contrary by them are as credible as claims the pyramids were grain silos. All they do is blame the victims and sit around making excuses for not doing anything.

Don't come crying to us when this happens again. Because it's guaranteed it will. They won't even address scamming vendors. Only an idiot would do business here.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #38 on: Sat, 27 August 2016, 16:29:47 »

The complete lack of response from the moderation team

Besides pulling the plug on TP, what could the moderation team do about this muck jump?
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #39 on: Sat, 27 August 2016, 16:48:30 »
The complete lack of response from the moderation team - as usual - is exactly why neither Skysophrenic and I are interested or willing to help any more than we have already, and regret doing what we have.

The moderation team has been completely unsupportive throughout the process, and has basically told everyone "welp you already got ****ed, we made a pointless token gesture. Sucks to be you, we don't care, and we're going to encourage the trolls." Any claims to the contrary by them are as credible as claims the pyramids were grain silos. All they do is blame the victims and sit around making excuses for not doing anything.

Don't come crying to us when this happens again. Because it's guaranteed it will. They won't even address scamming vendors. Only an idiot would do business here.

No one is criticizing  the  Idea that Helping affected users is the right thing to do.

However, what you did at the beginning of this shipping error is just flat out wrong.

Berserkfan did make the shipping mistakes that he is accused of.

But there was absolutely no Intentional scamming..

And he Really was present and planning shipping swaps along with reimbursements,   BEFORE you guys ousted him from being about to go through with that plan.

Please, no one is going to come crawling back to you,   in fact, next time this happens, You should've been muted from the very beginning .

Had we prevented you from mobbing up the innocent geekhack members,  Berserkfan would still be in the loop.. and REAL fixes could've gone underway..

Instead, we have YOUR solution, which plain doesn't work, have no documentation, and the result speaks for themselves..

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #40 on: Sat, 27 August 2016, 17:44:05 »

TOS
Buying/Selling/Trading - Buying, trading, or selling anywhere with the exception of the Marketplace is prohibited. We ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE for any loss due to any sale or exchange of any item in the Marketplace. 

TOS is pretty clear i dont know what you expect from the mods. Oh and no one is going to come crying to you  in the future, why would they?

That said of course sales will get ****ed in the future its just the nature of selling/buying/trading with people you don't know from a bar of soap over a forum where members interst in maintaining a good reputation rise and fall if they lose interst.

Cant take the risk? Dont use the classifieds in the first place, stick to buying from companies and use the proper payment methods via paypal etc (prob not gon though).

That said, you can still get screwed buying from a proper company, its just life. It comes with risk especially when money is involved.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #41 on: Sat, 27 August 2016, 17:50:30 »

TOS
Buying/Selling/Trading - Buying, trading, or selling anywhere with the exception of the Marketplace is prohibited. We ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE for any loss due to any sale or exchange of any item in the Marketplace. 

TOS is pretty clear i dont know what you expect from the mods. Oh and no one is going to come crying to you  in the future, why would they?

That said of course sales will get ****ed in the future its just the nature of selling/buying/trading with people you don't know from a bar of soap over a forum where members interst in maintaining a good reputation rise and fall if they lose interst.

Cant take the risk? Dont use the classifieds in the first place, stick to buying from companies and use the proper payment methods via paypal etc (prob not gon though).

That said, you can still get screwed buying from a proper company, its just life. It comes with risk especially when money is involved.

Well,  that's a harsh speech..    Certainly Berserkfan should not have been so negligent during the shipping phase,  but  what --Rootwyrm-- did truly made recovery efforts impossible.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #42 on: Sat, 27 August 2016, 18:17:59 »
Well,  that's a harsh speech..    Certainly Berserkfan should not have been so negligent during the shipping phase,  but  what --Rootwyrm-- did truly made recovery efforts impossible.

I dont see why it is harsh, bleeting about the mods not wiping his/her ass does not do anything especially when its there in the ****ing TOS. But seriously how well do most of us know eachother? A part from some who have met up etc, not that well so when we send packages/money it is really a gamble most win some lose. These guys lost big time yes and i do sympathise with that, its ****ed. Did i like beserk yes, have i bought/traded with him in the past with no problems... yes. Do i want to excuse the massive ****storm of shipping that he created... no. But mod bleeting just stinks of ****ing mommies boy teat sucking. They are not the package police. What do they expect them yo do? Imedialty ban beserk when it happened? What so no one could try to contact him? ****ing give up thier time to compile a list of lost items? They have lives too you know TOS make it clear that this isnt their job and they shouldn't have to. So what could they do? What suck your **** and make you a ****ing super special name for your profile something like "excel extradonaire"

I am sorry all you guys lost money, time and all that but this is life and yeah starting a campaign against beserk would have just pissed him off. you guys had a better chance of at least part reconsiliation if that didn't happen. But given the circumstances i can understand why you guys did if it was an ebayer or a company, it would have probebly been the logical thing to do.

Oh and also anyone who has been on here for longer than breakfast knows there is no point arguing with tp, he litterally jacks it as he compiles one of his random responses. He sprays is ergodox with jizz as he reads your responses to his ramen fueled message board off topic sieges. You wont win, even if your right you just eont. it is just a waste of time.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #43 on: Sat, 27 August 2016, 18:20:23 »

Oh and also anyone who has been on here for longer than breakfast knows there is no point arguing with tp, he litterally jacks it as he compiles one of his random responses. He sprays is ergodox with jizz as he reads your responses to his ramen fueled message board off topic sieges. You wont win, even if your right you just eont. it is just a waste of time.

That's a Serious accusation.. fanpeople..   I may have to start an angry thread to deny it..

I'd also like to point out that it's NOT my intention to start Firestorm,   but when a Wholesome Geekhack member was subject to slander. Tp4 shall intervene.

/Public Defender's in the title.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #44 on: Sat, 27 August 2016, 18:39:06 »

That's a Serious accusation.. fanpeople..   I may have to start an angry thread to deny it..

I'd also like to point out that it's NOT my intention to start Firestorm,   but when a Wholesome Geekhack member was subject to slander. Tp4 shall intervene.

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #45 on: Sat, 27 August 2016, 18:41:45 »
Tldr

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #46 on: Sat, 27 August 2016, 18:42:32 »

(Attachment Link)

psssssh 3 and a half

I have a perfectly average 6.2" drive

Offline mike52787

• Alps Aficionado
« Reply #47 on: Sat, 27 August 2016, 22:54:17 »

(Attachment Link)

psssssh 3 and a half

I have a perfectly average 6.2" drive

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #48 on: Sun, 28 August 2016, 04:48:59 »

The complete lack of response from the moderation team

Besides pulling the plug on TP, what could the moderation team do about this muck jump?

They have already banned beserkfan from trying to sell anything else on GH.

Not much else they can do.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #49 on: Sun, 28 August 2016, 05:28:47 »

They have already banned beserkfan from trying to sell anything else on GH.

Not much else they can do.

Berserkfan,  guilty of Negligent shipment..

Innocent of SCAM..