Author Topic: Dewalt = Fake Torque ?  (Read 14468 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: Dewalt = Fake Torque ?
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 29 November 2017, 14:33:21 »
TP, my finger was hovering over the buy it now last night (slightly buzzed but not enough). I want the 899 with the hog ring because I'll be swapping sockets quite a bit. I still run my old Chicago on air but you have to hook up the noisy air compressor, etc. It's a pain...

I'm so close to buying it, maybe Friday night when I get hammered or something.

Is there a special deal going on ?

I might buy a second one.. u know, cuz i'm addicted.. !!

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #51 on: Wed, 29 November 2017, 14:35:03 »
TP, my finger was hovering over the buy it now last night (slightly buzzed but not enough). I want the 899 with the hog ring because I'll be swapping sockets quite a bit. I still run my old Chicago on air but you have to hook up the noisy air compressor, etc. It's a pain...

Amazon has the anvil pin model for $25 off. This is the best deal I've found so far - https://www.ebay.com/itm/DEWALT-20V-MAX-XR-1-2-Impact-Wrench-700-ftlbs-DCF899H-Brushless-Bare-Tool/332457754788?epid=7003304897&hash=item4d6806c0a4:g:934AAOSwaB5XiXii

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #52 on: Wed, 29 November 2017, 14:38:45 »
Ive used the XR in my last job quite a lot.  Its has some balls behind it for sure, and I recommend it to anyone considering it.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #53 on: Wed, 29 November 2017, 14:40:21 »

Amazon has the anvil pin model for $25 off. This is the best deal I've found so far - https://www.ebay.com/itm/DEWALT-20V-MAX-XR-1-2-Impact-Wrench-700-ftlbs-DCF899H-Brushless-Bare-Tool/332457754788?epid=7003304897&hash=item4d6806c0a4:g:934AAOSwaB5XiXii

The cheapest I've seen is $180 for the bare tool..

hrrrmm.. Tough decision..     

Monday I just got their Dcv481h portable vacuum for around the house..  I was going to get a dyson handheld, but then I saw the dyson battery, and they're wimpy..

Whereas the dewalt can use the big 5ah batteries..

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #54 on: Wed, 29 November 2017, 14:41:03 »
Ive used the XR in my last job quite a lot.  Its has some balls behind it for sure, and I recommend it to anyone considering it.

Nice, I have the XR sawzall and love it, uses the same batt and charger 20v too..Dewalt is smart, start us off with the kit then it's "oh I only have to buy the tool now". Next thing $200 here, $300 there.

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #55 on: Wed, 29 November 2017, 14:41:17 »

Monday I just got their Dcv481h portable vacuum for around the house..  I was going to get a dyson handheld, but then I saw the dyson battery, and they're wimpy..

They make a 6ah one now too...

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #56 on: Wed, 29 November 2017, 14:41:58 »
now too...

yea the flexvolt..

Although I'm not thoroughly convinced the 60v tools are better.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #57 on: Wed, 29 November 2017, 14:42:01 »

Hmm, should I hold out? I was thinking about going outside (I know) to Home Depot and seeing if they have any sweet dealz.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #59 on: Wed, 29 November 2017, 14:42:52 »

Hmm, should I hold out? I was thinking about going outside (I know) to Home Depot and seeing if they have any sweet dealz.

The outside is dangerous..  IDK man..  your call..

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #61 on: Wed, 29 November 2017, 14:46:03 »

I think eBay might be the best deal cause no tax's from Florida to Cali.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #62 on: Wed, 29 November 2017, 14:47:37 »

It's usually better bought with batteries..  because batteries alone are usually 50-70  and they usually take off at least 25-30 with the battery deals with combo price. .

Offline Unicorn_Systems

« Reply #63 on: Wed, 29 November 2017, 14:53:03 »
I am heavily, heavily invested in the DeWalt XR range. I started buying them about 6 years ago and haven't stopped since. I'm an electronics and IT engineer, but also do maintenance and restoration work on my own properties and vehicles. I have so much of their 18/20V XR range at this point that it would be quicker to tell you which tools I don't have. I have also started to invest in the FlexVolt tools and batteries over the past year. In the entire time I've been using them, I have only had a problem with two tools, both of which were the most used at the time. Both were repaired by the official DeWalt repair Centre in the U.K. under warranty, and neither tool has given any problems since.

I have the hog ring version of the brushless 1/2" impact driver and it is an awesome tool. I can change a set of wheels on my track car in a few minutes.
I have no need for a pneumatic impact wrench, it is more than capable of everything that I need. I paired it up with a set of Tekton impact sockets and extensions based on their recommendation by 'Real Tool Reviews' on YouTube.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #64 on: Wed, 29 November 2017, 14:57:52 »

It's usually better bought with batteries..  because batteries alone are usually 50-70  and they usually take off at least 25-30 with the battery deals with combo price. .

Link me dealz, I need quick shipping, I have a project this weekend..

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #65 on: Wed, 29 November 2017, 14:58:08 »
I am heavily, heavily invested in the DeWalt XR range. I started buying them about 6 years ago and haven't stopped since. I'm an electronics and IT engineer, but also do maintenance and restoration work on my own properties and vehicles. I have so much of their 18/20V XR range at this point that it would be quicker to tell you which tools I don't have. I have also started to invest in the FlexVolt tools and batteries over the past year. In the entire time I've been using them, I have only had a problem with two tools, both of which were the most used at the time. Both were repaired by the official DeWalt repair Centre in the U.K. under warranty, and neither tool has given any problems since.

I have the hog ring version of the brushless 1/2" impact driver and it is an awesome tool. I can change a set of wheels on my track car in a few minutes.
I have no need for a pneumatic impact wrench, it is more than capable of everything that I need. I paired it up with a set of Tekton impact sockets and extensions based on their recommendation by 'Real Tool Reviews' on YouTube.

Thats good to know my Irish homie :)

Offline Unicorn_Systems

« Reply #66 on: Wed, 29 November 2017, 15:09:31 »
Thats good to know my Irish homie :)

Happy to help and advise any way I can.

For what it's worth I haven't owned any other brand of power tools in the past, although before I became self employed I did work for a tradesman who used Bosch, Milwaukee and Panasonic cordless tools and Dad  had a few items from the old Bosch 12V NiMh range when I was growing up.

When it came time for me to start investing in some power tools of my own I wanted to stick with one brand and battery system for obvious reasons, and I picked DeWalt based on positive reviews of the XR system and because I'd grown up knowing of them as a good tool brand. I can recommend them without hesitation. The power of the FlexVolt tools still blows my mind after a year or so of using them almost every day; when drilling, cutting or grinding with a 54/60V tool you literally think that you're using a 110v power tool!

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #67 on: Wed, 29 November 2017, 15:09:38 »

Link me dealz, I need quick shipping, I have a project this weekend..

Don't see any right now. probably need that christmas sale.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #68 on: Wed, 29 November 2017, 15:49:56 »

Went against my better judgment and immediately regretted it. Went to Home Depot and on the way, some road rager decided to cut me off and once in the store and I was elbow to elbow with wanna-be thugs and tweekers. Then to find out they don't have the 899 with Hog Ring.

Take away from this = don't go outside, and ESPECIALLY don't go to Home Depot, unless you have to, for large items like lumber, piping, yard tools, etc. EVERYTHING else should be purchased on Amazon Prime.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #69 on: Wed, 29 November 2017, 15:58:29 »

Went against my better judgment and immediately regretted it. Went to Home Depot and on the way, some road rager decided to cut me off and once in the store and I was elbow to elbow with wanna-be thugs and tweekers. Then to find out they don't have the 899 with Hog Ring.

Take away from this = don't go outside, and ESPECIALLY don't go to Home Depot, unless you have to, for large items like lumber, piping, yard tools, etc. EVERYTHING else should be purchased on Amazon Prime.

I go to look at their drops..  cuz sometimes they have really good fence post or something or big pieces of glass that could be reused for projects.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #70 on: Wed, 29 November 2017, 16:34:38 »

I go to look at their drops..  cuz sometimes they have really good fence post or something or big pieces of glass that could be reused for projects.

Ok I pulled the trigger, $194 shipped from Toolbarn.

They have $25 off Dewalt tools then sent me $10 coupon 1st time purchase of $200 or more.

Offline Unicorn_Systems

« Reply #71 on: Wed, 29 November 2017, 16:37:39 »
I second what you said about Amazon Prime. Always buy online if you can, at this time of year it's so much easier and usually cheaper than brick and mortar shops. Also shops don't have what you need or want 99% of the time in my tiny country, so online ordering is kind of a must the rest of the year too.