Author Topic: Voyager 1 - still alive from the era of assembly language  (Read 3483 times)

Online fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
The difference in characterization of crime and who commits it skews what criminality looks like demographically. "What we're seeing so far is very similar to the process that we see with Islamic violent Jihad radicalization," said former FBI Assistant Director Frank Figliuzzi, "This wanting to belong to a cause greater than yourself, wanting to get affirmation from a group who may not even know who you are or ever met you. And then feeling like you're part of this deployment, this cause. You heard him say on the clip 'It's my job to protect this.'
No, it's not your job. But you think it is. And video last night shows him walking around roaming around with the assault rifle not really doing much of protecting anything." Figliuzzi made it clear that calling these characters "troubled" is a misnomer. "I would assert," Figliuzzi continued. "that it's time we stopped using the word ‘troubled’ with regard to white young people who act out like this and start thinking about the radicalized term that we used when people of color or people of Islamic faith act out like this. This is a radicalization process that's happening. It happened with the El Paso shooter in Texas. We kept hearing he was troubled. No, he was radicalized. And it's happening online."

Offline JP

Re: Voyager 1 - still alive from the era of assembly language
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 03 December 2017, 11:09:12 »
Very neat. I wonder how much time is left though since the power to operate the remaining instruments is dwindling.
About Me | The Collection
Therapy is expensive so I buy keyboards and bike parts.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 03 December 2017, 11:47:21 »
Very neat. I wonder how much time is left though since the power to operate the remaining instruments is dwindling.

it's got solar power for the instruments + batteries no ?

the thruster fuel, if they're only using millisecond bursts , it should last for a long while..

Funny thing is, they probably need to use super computers to calculate those millisecond bursts, which used up way way more power than the thrusters themselves.

Online fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 03 December 2017, 11:53:05 »

I wonder how much time is left though since the power to operate the remaining instruments is dwindling.

In the article it said that there is enough plutonium to last for a very long time. I think that in 2050 it will still have over half its power left.
The difference in characterization of crime and who commits it skews what criminality looks like demographically. "What we're seeing so far is very similar to the process that we see with Islamic violent Jihad radicalization," said former FBI Assistant Director Frank Figliuzzi, "This wanting to belong to a cause greater than yourself, wanting to get affirmation from a group who may not even know who you are or ever met you. And then feeling like you're part of this deployment, this cause. You heard him say on the clip 'It's my job to protect this.'
No, it's not your job. But you think it is. And video last night shows him walking around roaming around with the assault rifle not really doing much of protecting anything." Figliuzzi made it clear that calling these characters "troubled" is a misnomer. "I would assert," Figliuzzi continued. "that it's time we stopped using the word ‘troubled’ with regard to white young people who act out like this and start thinking about the radicalized term that we used when people of color or people of Islamic faith act out like this. This is a radicalization process that's happening. It happened with the El Paso shooter in Texas. We kept hearing he was troubled. No, he was radicalized. And it's happening online."

Offline JP

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 03 December 2017, 12:34:47 »
I see. I was reading some older articles that said there was enough power until 2025.
https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/how-far-can-voyager-i-go-4728025/
« Last Edit: Sun, 03 December 2017, 17:01:12 by JP »
About Me | The Collection
Therapy is expensive so I buy keyboards and bike parts.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 03 December 2017, 18:43:25 »
As per Wikipedia.
"Voyager 1's extended mission is expected to continue until around 2025 when its radioisotope thermoelectric generators will no longer supply enough electric power to operate its scientific instruments."

Amazing it lasted so long, especially considering the environment.
Filco MJ2 L.E. w/hand milled Vortex case, custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, sound dampened,  Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs | GMMK TKL | Magicforce 68 | YMDK75 | KBT Race S L.E. | Das Pro (Costar model) | GH60 | IBM Model M (x2)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 03 December 2017, 20:24:11 »
As per Wikipedia.
"Voyager 1's extended mission is expected to continue until around 2025 when its radioisotope thermoelectric generators will no longer supply enough electric power to operate its scientific instruments."

Amazing it lasted so long, especially considering the environment.

idk.. space is hazardous to organic LIFE..

But Voyager is mechanical ...

Clearly Terminators species are more suitable for space flight.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 04 December 2017, 19:54:15 »
idk.. space is hazardous to organic LIFE..

But Voyager is mechanical ...
Depends...

Metals here rely on oxidization to keep them from cold welding (this was a problem on early satelites), metals get confused and bond at the molecular level in a vacuum/absense of oxygen. Then you have the wild temp differences, for example, the side facing the sun can be several hundred degrees difference in temp compared to the shaded side. Then you have dust, which at those speeds will rip through the craft like paper, and of course radiation.

It's not exactly rosy for anything in space.
Filco MJ2 L.E. w/hand milled Vortex case, custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, sound dampened,  Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs | GMMK TKL | Magicforce 68 | YMDK75 | KBT Race S L.E. | Das Pro (Costar model) | GH60 | IBM Model M (x2)

Offline C5Allroad

• Formerly HUNTERANGEL121
  • Watch out, I post when half asleep.
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 11:55:38 »
I really wonder how dirty it is or if there's bacteria or anything on it like there's bacteria on ISS

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 12:00:00 »
I really wonder how dirty it is or if there's bacteria or anything on it like there's bacteria on ISS

didn't u watch the Matt Damon movie ? hahahaha

Offline C5Allroad

• Formerly HUNTERANGEL121
  • Watch out, I post when half asleep.
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 13:42:14 »

didn't u watch the Matt Damon movie ? hahahaha
You talking about interstellar?
I watched it a while ago, but forgot a lot of it