Author Topic: Maxwell  (Read 1388 times)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
Maxwell
« on: Sat, 20 September 2014, 17:56:00 »
Anyone else excited?  :cool:
http://game24.nvidia.com/maxwell/

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
Re: Maxwell
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 20 September 2014, 17:59:18 »
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 20 September 2014, 21:28:39 »
I just can't get excited, until they release a uber looking game, that's actually FUN TO PLAY... to justify an upgrade..

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 20 September 2014, 22:02:40 »
I am, but I would need a new computer for it to go in.

And a significantly larger amount of spare money than I have now.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline blackbox

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 20 September 2014, 22:14:53 »
Installed a 750 ti in a build I did for someone. Great GPU with the little energy consumption for its performance thanks to maxwell. Very satisfied with it.
Keyboards: Dell AT102W (matias standard clicky), Maltron two-hand 3D fully ergonomic keyboard (Vintage MX Black). CM QF XT (MX Grey) IBM model M

The LAN table!
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=62536.0

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 20 September 2014, 23:12:01 »
I just can't get excited, until they release a uber looking game, that's actually FUN TO PLAY... to justify an upgrade..

Once some huge Unreal 4 games are released people will realize the potential, plus you're the one always going on about 4k :P

The differences between the 970 and 980 don't seem very big though, it may be better to wait for the 990 or 980Ti
« Last Edit: Sat, 20 September 2014, 23:14:55 by noisyturtle »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 09:18:29 »

Once some huge Unreal 4 games are released people will realize the potential, plus you're the one always going on about 4k :P

The differences between the 970 and 980 don't seem very big though, it may be better to wait for the 990 or 980Ti

um...  I'm not sure if the 970 is a good buy yet, I can't tell if they're salvage chips..

If they're salvage chips, I'd get the 970, cuz there might be chance for unlock... i know, I'm dreaming, but it's possible..

Otherwise,  just get the 980...

980ti or 990 won't be for a while,  but assssuming they're going to be $700 and not $1000,  they'll be a good buy,  because they'll have the double precision power back with more transistors,  and given the already 20 % boost in clock..

We're probably looking at up to 30% boost in processing power (NOT benchmarks) over the 780ti