Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
Re: Quote: "Chinese is going to remake/bootleg everything!"
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 08:30:27 »
MX Pinkie too stronk
I quoted my self! #****SDAREALAZZPINKIE@CHERRYMX

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 08:32:10 »
Not sure why there is suddenly two identical threads to discuss one topic, but whatever...
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 08:32:31 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 08 September 2015, 11:29:29 by esoomenona »

Offline iri

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 09:08:10 »
esoomenona seems to be chinese
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 09:35:07 »
During the End of the "steam/cotton" industrial revolution in Britain.. we saw massive technology transfer from there to the United States.. Where Designers were pouched or immigrated.

They then continued work in the USA.

The same thing is happening now with China.. Because we're at the end of a new industrial revolution (computers), all current high-tech are now to be transferred to the next country.

This is typical convergence theory if ya'll are interested in looking it up.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 10:28:31 »
Holy **** nuggets tp is back
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 10:29:30 »
Holy **** nuggets tp is back

Yes, that is the biggest news of this thread. :D
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 10:46:10 »
Welcome back, tp4tissue. We missed you.

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 10:54:33 »
Yeah but Britain was the best. (Still is)
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 11:04:12 »
Yeah but Britain was the best. (Still is)

..... I agree that as far as people with "decorum", the Brits got airs on that...

However... From my contact with them, I've found that the etiquette seems to be camouflage for deeply repressed perversion...

I don't think worse of them for it, but I do feel that the camouflage isn't necessary these days because untamed-emotional-expression is quite socially acceptable thanks to mass adoption of American Culture through Hollywood media dominance and exposure.

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 13:01:38 »
I wouldn't say perversion, probably more like depression.
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #15 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 14:05:49 »
I wouldn't say perversion, probably more like depression.

You may be right on part of the women.. the men however.. it's definitely perversion..    

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 14:22:02 »
I guess you don't have that problem tp.

The amount of posts I type and later delete are insane, its more a case that we British know how to control ourselves (some of the time)

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #17 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 14:34:29 »

The amount of posts I type and later delete are insane, its more a case that we British know how to control ourselves (some of the time)

mm..... like I said, you've got the etiquette... but deep down, you know you're no better, and you've just admitted to it.

Human beings more/less have the same thoughts...  It's through the social-contract that we moderate our own and each other's free speech..

What does not change is the existence of those thoughts and the fact that they are carried out "REGARDLESS" of what words were spoken of said actions...

If you guys met me AFK, I would not be nearly as open and hostile, because I realize there could be a fist fight.

But the internet has afforded us true free speech...   and in many ways taken away the "need" to lie..

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #18 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 14:36:17 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 08 September 2015, 11:29:44 by esoomenona »

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #19 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 14:41:18 »

mm..... like I said, you've got the etiquette... but deep down, you know you're no better, and you've just admitted to it.

Human beings more/less have the same thoughts...  It's through the social-contract that we moderate our own and each other's free speech..

What does not change is the existence of those thoughts and the fact that they are carried out "REGARDLESS" of what words were spoken of said actions...

Show Image

If you guys met me AFK, I would not be nearly as open and hostile, because I realize there could be a fist fight.

But the internet has afforded us true free speech...   and in many ways taken away the "need" to lie..

I am generally much more hostile irl, maybe because i can't delete what i've said. Or maybe because I'm 6,4 and look very intimidating.

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #20 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 14:47:20 »

Show Image

I am generally much more hostile irl, maybe because i can't delete what i've said. Or maybe because I'm 6,4 and look very intimidating.

That's not a good plan... No matter how large you are, it's very difficult to walk away from a fight between 2 adults without sustaining some damage.

The human body is frail.. things could get ripped off, and may never be able to fully recover..

NEVER enter a PHYSICAL FIGHT unless it's to save your life....

Never get into real life arguments that may put you in these situations...  it's not worth it...  because even if you win.. nothing has changed...  that guy will still think your mother smells when he wakes up in the hospital.. after you've beaten him up..

And the next time, if he sees you before you see him... you're at tremendous risk...

Look at the USA military defense.. We got the best.. the highest tech, the MOST bombs...  Yet look how little resources it took to take two planes and ram them into WTC...

We spend billions on defense... they spend what a few million on a couple guys and flying lessons...

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #21 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 14:48:32 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 08 September 2015, 11:29:56 by esoomenona »

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #22 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 14:49:46 »

Show Image

That's not a good plan... No matter how large you are, it's very difficult to walk away from a fight between 2 adults without sustaining some damage.

The human body is frail.. things could get ripped off, and may never be able to fully recover..

Never get into real life arguments that may put you in these situations...  it's not worth it...  because even if you win.. nothing has changed...  that guy will still think your mother smells when he wakes up in the hospital.. after you've beaten him up..

And the next time, if he sees you before you see him... you're at tremendous risk...

Look at the USA military defense.. We got the best.. the highest tech, the MOST bombs...  Yet look how little resources it took to take two planes and ram them into WTC...

We spend billions on defense... they spend what a few million on a couple guys and flying lessons...

TP it's ok they don't have guns there ;)

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #23 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 14:50:05 »

Show Image

Wow. Who is this guy that came back in place of tp4?

It really depends on the subject....

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 14:51:44 »

Show Image

Since we're on a keyboard site... posit this...  You lose a pinky... that's a MAJOR downer on your typing experience no?

FINGERS are weak as shiiiiii....   Do not fight AFK 

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #25 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 14:53:57 »

QFT

Generally (well ever) no-one steps up.

Don't get me wrong, i'm not a guy who goes out looking for a fight on the street, but I don't back away from people being aggressive idiots either.

I do assess my situation, I see someone bigger than me; bye!

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #26 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 14:54:40 »
Chinese bootlegging Chinese food in Chicago...

Man allegedly sold deer, raccoons to Ill. eateries
Posted: Oct 15, 2013 6:34 PM CST Updated: Oct 15, 2013 6:34 PM CST

KNOX, Ind. (AP) - Indiana conservation officers have arrested a man for illegally selling deer, raccoons and other wildlife to markets and restaurants in Chicago's Chinatown district for use in meals.

Forty-seven-year-old Alexander Moy of Chicago was being held Tuesday on a charge of illegally selling wildlife in northwestern Indiana's Starke County Jail.

Lt. Tom Torsell says the 47-year-old Moy was arrested Monday in the town of Hamlet, about 25 miles southwest of South Bend, following an undercover investigation. Moy operates the Kankakee Valley Fish Farm in Starke County.

Torsell says the investigation is continuing. He says it's not known yet whether any of the deer, raccoons, turtles or fish that Moy allegedly sold were ever served to people.

It's not clear whether Moy has an attorney. He hasn't appeared in court yet.

Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #27 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 14:56:42 »
Also I just fought the stairs irl and my ring-finger is looking suspiciously broken :'(

Forgot that 2 of the stairs had been remove, nice mess of blood and dinner all over the carpet now, going to be a pain to clean...

But you know what? I have free healthcare so :P

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #28 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 14:57:34 »
tp4 preaching to the choir
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #29 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 14:58:24 »
The time for a "Life Advice from tp and demik" thread has come.
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #30 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 15:00:08 »

QFT

Generally (well ever) no-one steps up.

Don't get me wrong, i'm not a guy who goes out looking for a fight on the street, but I don't back away from people being aggressive idiots either.

I do assess my situation, I see someone bigger than me; bye!

it's good that u assess the situation, instead of going at it brainlessly..   but backing down is always better..  at the cost of a little pride... you've deterred MAJOR RISK..

If you've read the intelligent investor by B. graham..  there is an example in the very beginning of the book.. about avoiding major losses, because it may be impossible to dig yourself out of one, because just to get back to where you were, you'd need Thousands of percent of growth..

Think what it would take to make up for losing a finger, in terms of productivity...  That is the same situation...

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #31 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 15:01:17 »
Also I just fought the stairs irl and my ring-finger is looking suspiciously broken :'(

Forgot that 2 of the stairs had been remove, nice mess of blood and dinner all over the carpet now, going to be a pain to clean...

But you know what? I have free healthcare so :p

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #32 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 15:02:06 »
Chinese bootlegging Chinese food in Chicago...

Man allegedly sold deer, raccoons to Ill. eateries
Posted: Oct 15, 2013 6:34 PM CST Updated: Oct 15, 2013 6:34 PM CST

KNOX, Ind. (AP) - Indiana conservation officers have arrested a man for illegally selling deer, raccoons and other wildlife to markets and restaurants in Chicago's Chinatown district for use in meals.

Forty-seven-year-old Alexander Moy of Chicago was being held Tuesday on a charge of illegally selling wildlife in northwestern Indiana's Starke County Jail.

Lt. Tom Torsell says the 47-year-old Moy was arrested Monday in the town of Hamlet, about 25 miles southwest of South Bend, following an undercover investigation. Moy operates the Kankakee Valley Fish Farm in Starke County.

Torsell says the investigation is continuing. He says it's not known yet whether any of the deer, raccoons, turtles or fish that Moy allegedly sold were ever served to people.

It's not clear whether Moy has an attorney. He hasn't appeared in court yet.

Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

IDK bout illinois, but in China,, if you want deer or Racoon.. that's extra...

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #33 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 15:02:55 »

But you know what? I have free healthcare so :p

Show Image

OMG... sensor required...

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #34 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 15:03:10 »
See luckily spam i know what that is  :p

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #35 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 15:03:49 »
TP, its a cherry on the end of someones finger.

So the tables have turned?

The troll'er becomes the trolled?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #36 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 15:04:15 »
See luckily spam i know what that is  :p

Well I have posted it before  :-[

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #37 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 15:05:05 »
TP, its a cherry on the end of someones finger.

So the tables have turned?

The troll'er becomes the trolled?

this why i don't watch gore flix... 

Offline iri

« Reply #38 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 07:44:27 »
where?
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #39 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 07:48:26 »

Offline iri

« Reply #40 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 07:49:27 »
he personally has four shotguns and who knows what else.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #41 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 07:51:26 »
he personally has four shotguns and who knows what else.

ok so the cops there don't have guns or something :D

Offline iri

« Reply #42 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 08:12:31 »
back in the days they were completely unarmed.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #43 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 08:17:10 »
The "no guns rule" is pretty "interesting" to say the least. There are "no guns" >.> But yet there are guns. There not hard to buy, My latest (few months back)pick up was a shotgun (POS) from an auction (real life not eBay) for £30 (apprx. $50) and even though I had my license with me, they never asked for it. And they had no idea i owned one. :3
What worries me is that they had about 40 for sale, so 40 more peoples with guns running around. Its like Texas! (I think, never been there :)))

I also looked into purchasing a horribly deactivate AK recently. Pretty thing, would have been easy to "fix"  ;D
If you know what I mean >.> *Legal thoughts*

But i don't want to spend any funds atm, as I have commitments first.  :-*

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #44 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 08:23:21 »
The "no guns rule" is pretty "interesting" to say the least. There are "no guns" >.> But yet there are guns. There not hard to buy, My latest (few months back)pick up was a shotgun (POS) from an auction (real life not eBay) for £30 (apprx. $50) and even though I had my license with me, they never asked for it. And they had no idea i owned one. :3
What worries me is that they had about 40 for sale, so 40 more peoples with guns running around. Its like Texas! (I think, never been there :)))

I also looked into purchasing a horribly deactivate AK recently. Pretty thing, would have been easy to "fix"  ;D

I believe in Texas it would be 1 guy with 40 guns haha ;)

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #45 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 09:11:29 »

You rang?
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #46 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 09:13:27 »

You rang?

JD, you have 40 guns?

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #47 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 09:15:07 »

You rang?

JD, you have 40 guns?

I have no guns. I sold them all. You hear me US Gov't?!?!

in memoriam

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #48 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 09:16:02 »

You rang?

JD, you have 40 guns?

I think it's the bullets they want to track :eek:

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #49 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 09:19:34 »

You rang?

JD, you have 40 guns?

far as i know, you can't 3d print bullets...

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #50 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 09:21:31 »

You rang?

JD, you have 40 guns?

Show Image

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/23/3d-printed-bullets_n_3322370.html

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #51 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 09:23:51 »

You rang?

JD, you have 40 guns?

in memoriam

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #52 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 09:24:40 »

You rang?

JD, you have 40 guns?

Show Image

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/23/3d-printed-bullets_n_3322370.html

wo wo wo... dat dere' is a shot gun shell... Not bullet.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #53 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 09:26:08 »
I want a matrix keyset

39777-0

It could still possibly kill someone so it counts  ;D

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #54 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 09:31:52 »
I want a matrix keyset

(Attachment Link)

My sandwich is then also a bullet

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #55 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 09:49:22 »
I want a matrix keyset

(Attachment Link)

My sandwich is then also a bullet
Show Image

True story

39785-0

Offline iri

« Reply #57 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 10:31:55 »

a true coward spoketh!

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #58 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 10:33:17 »
A 3d printer could kill someone, just drop it on them.  :p

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #59 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 10:40:49 »

a true coward spoketh!

Picking your fights is different from being a coward...

You may be too young to understand that...

Offline mauri

« Reply #60 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 10:43:31 »

a true coward spoketh!

Fighting in general is being stupid, I guess you're too young to understand that...
I AM BABAR KING OF THE ELEPHANTS

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #61 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 10:51:32 »

a true coward spoketh!

Fighting in general is being stupid, I guess you're too young to understand that...

not true...

if individual human capacity is much greater.. it may indeed be too costly to fight

however.. because it is Not a major loss at all if one single person dies... 

there is still merit in individual competition...

if your point is that World War is stupid.. then that's partially true, but not entirely true... I don't wish to discuss this particular branch because it is very depressing and dehumanizing.. if you would like to pm, that's fine

Offline mauri

« Reply #62 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 11:04:05 »
I'd just rather have a tissue :llama:
I AM BABAR KING OF THE ELEPHANTS

Offline iri

« Reply #63 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 12:36:48 »

i am not only older than you, but also pretty obviously more experienced in anything related to real world. you know, the physical one, with physical fists of the enemies, physical knives, physical axes, etc. and physical women.
« Last Edit: Fri, 18 October 2013, 12:55:30 by iri »

-Ray Bradbury

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #64 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 16:41:00 »

i am not only older than you, but also pretty obviously more experienced in anything related to real world. you know, the physical one, with physical fists of the enemies, physical knives, physical axes, etc. and physical women.

I avoid all of those things except physical women...

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #65 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 16:43:47 »
You avoid your own fist's? Isn't that a little hard?

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #66 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 16:49:21 »
You avoid your own fist's? Isn't that a little hard?

My hands never ball up more than the level necessary to grasp a water-cup...