Author Topic: Opinions on BF1 so far?  (Read 7953 times)

Offline fublamchu

• ㅋㅋㅋ
Opinions on BF1 so far?
« on: Fri, 02 September 2016, 20:19:03 »
Playing the beta's been super fun so far, disregarding the server mishap that happened on the first day open beta came out. I personally love the game (most likely because it's a WW1 themed game) but what are your thoughts?
LZ-CE VBlacks
910-CE

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: Opinions on BF1 so far?
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 02 September 2016, 21:28:41 »
For an old guy like myself,  it's another fps..

But I can totally see how it'd be THE BEST THING EVER,  for the kids..  Assuming they're kids with gtx 1080s, hahahaha

Offline Fibonacci_Jones

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 02 September 2016, 22:33:09 »
Been meaning to check it out and this was a good reminder. Does it feel pretty polished right now or like there's still a lot of improvement to go?

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 23:12:12 »
Too many snipers.  To many invisible walls.  Too many guns with piss poor accuracy.

Offline Fibonacci_Jones

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 23:28:37 »
I ended up deleting it after a little bit of play time. It reminded me that I hate old war shooters. Not a fan of the guns, reloading, and feel of everything. It looked good though.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 23:55:27 »
Too many snipers.  To many invisible walls.  Too many guns with piss poor accuracy.

Yea.. bring back Quake guns.. pin point accuracy.

Offline Marizen

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 14 September 2016, 14:54:21 »
I'm liking it a lot. There are a ton of scouts and a ton of medics, but that doesn't really bother me. The thing I hate is the damn horses.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 15 September 2016, 02:32:27 »
How fast do the tanks go
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline jaffers

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 15 September 2016, 03:22:29 »
It's great, apart from the fact that the bayonet charge has gotten me killed a bunch of times and made me angrier than a hive of hornet's in a tumble dryer

The air combat is very satisfying and I found that frankie's review of the game was spot on

Offline SRTroN

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 15 September 2016, 06:23:42 »
Been meaning to check it out and this was a good reminder. Does it feel pretty polished right now or like there's still a lot of improvement to go?

It was running really nicely on my 970.

I think the game looks like it will be fun, I always enjoy BF games though.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #10 on: Sat, 17 September 2016, 04:36:32 »
^ this.
I only hope they improve it before launch. I just doubt it, seems like they're just trying to push them out quickly at the moment for a cash grab.
It'll probably be fun for 10 minutes when it comes out, then it starts to feel like another battlefield game.

GIMME BF2 BACK.

Offline depreshun

• Reddit: risingremains
« Reply #11 on: Sat, 17 September 2016, 23:15:46 »
I think it's a great game. This year has for sure been a **** one for video games imo. So many games have come up that had potential but then ended up being garbage. (Minus Overwatch I suppose.) just not looking forward to another cycle of this whole "premium" business, but oh well, it is what it is.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #12 on: Sat, 17 September 2016, 23:18:54 »
Oh yeah, and no one ****ing revives (which you need with rush) and no one ****ing reammos.  I played the beta and I ran into one other person tossing ammo packs and med packs the entire time.

Offline depreshun

• Reddit: risingremains
« Reply #13 on: Sun, 18 September 2016, 00:11:05 »
Oh yeah, and no one ****ing revives (which you need with rush) and no one ****ing reammos.  I played the beta and I ran into one other person tossing ammo packs and med packs the entire time.

Ah yeah, I really dislike the "Call for medic" change they did. I mainly play Medic and it was super annoying not just having the revive symbol on the minimap/over dead bodies like the other BF games.

Offline audioave10

« Reply #14 on: Wed, 21 September 2016, 11:50:21 »
I'd love this if it was a stealth single-player game. WW1 was not a COD war. That, and I'm too old to be bouncing around trying to shoot moving targets at high speed. It does look good enough.
 :-\
DECK Legend "Toxic" - SOLD
96 IBM Model M 82G2383- 95 IBM Model M 92G7453 - SOLD
Cherry G80-3000/Blues
new: MechanicalEagle Z77 RGB/Blues

Offline Fibonacci_Jones

« Reply #15 on: Thu, 22 September 2016, 18:26:16 »
That's the feeling I get with all of the "older war" type of games. They just don't feel right to me.

Everything is fast paced as usual but the shooting, aiming, vehicles, etc. just feel too slow. Just not my cup of tea I suppose.

Offline Hilite24

« Reply #16 on: Fri, 30 September 2016, 02:35:19 »
I didn't get the chance to play the beta, but only from watching gameplay videos it makes me want to preorder it!

For me everything (videogame related) started with a WW2 game COD II, so this brings back some memories. Somehow it was the only game that would launch on my first computer because there were no GPU Drivers installed... I was 13 and had no clue about pc's :P. But because of this I replayed the game several times and even beat the story mode in Veteran Mode.

I never been this hyped for a shootergame, not even CSGO where I have a total of 4000 hours of playtime :)

Offline Kronos32

• If you don't have time, make time.
« Reply #17 on: Mon, 10 October 2016, 02:52:20 »

I don't know if this is intentional for the sake of historical accuracy or if it is because EA's going to try to sell us DLC later that'll let us improve those very factors...

Either which way, I wasn't all too impressed with the game either, other than it being one of the first major releases in years that has a WW1 theme.
Too many flashy things, too little of some actual gameplay.

Offline oledome

• not batman
« Reply #18 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 16:08:23 »

In the beta you had to request a revive to be shown up for the medics on the map and in the player view. The result was that no one was reviving and a lot of people didn't even know they had to request it.

It's been reverted back to how it was in previous games, so it will be less of an issue.

No one giving ammo has always been and will remain a problem.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #19 on: Fri, 21 October 2016, 20:54:20 »
Playing the single player right now, it's actually pretty fun and much better than the beta felt.

Offline fublamchu

• ㅋㅋㅋ
« Reply #20 on: Fri, 21 October 2016, 23:20:41 »
Playing the single player right now, it's actually pretty fun and much better than the beta felt.

Hoping to get myself a copy soon, judging from the few single player vids I saw the stories seem absolutely captivating!
LZ-CE VBlacks
910-CE

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #21 on: Fri, 21 October 2016, 23:30:51 »
And multi-player ****ing sucks until you can actually buy ****.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #22 on: Sat, 22 October 2016, 04:18:00 »

Hoping to get myself a copy soon, judging from the few single player vids I saw the stories seem absolutely captivating!
I saw a guy stream the BF1 campaign. Prepare for feels.  :p

Offline Omnipotent

« Reply #23 on: Sun, 23 October 2016, 01:07:47 »
I'm hoping it will get better upon release. But I too feel like not enough people focused on healing and resupplying. Most people were focused on killing rather than doing objectives. And this tends to fix itself after the game is out for a while. So I have a feeling they will be able to make BF1 do well.
AKA: /u/io2red on /r/mk
, Ducky YotM, Anne Pro, & Plum84 RGB (35g) | Waiting on: KBD75, & Keycaps.
Wanted:
More
Unknown :).