Author Topic: Nintendo NX  (Read 10150 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Nintendo NX
« on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 13:12:49 »
They should come in,  with an Intel i3 and an AMD 7970 (280x) and mega stomp ps4 and xbone..

Think about the benefits..  the pc hardware will be easy to port to and develop for..

Ps4 and xbone has too much invested in their infrastructure for their respective companies to move nimbly and compete right away.

MEAN WHILE, they'll sell billions of the Nintendo NX..

WHY the hell not..

Offline dante

Re: Nintendo NX
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 13:16:58 »
I'd rather have a Sega Dreamcast 2

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 13:19:06 »
I'd rather have a Sega Dreamcast 2

Um.. ok.. but ...

Sega Dreamcast 2 should come in with an Intel i3 and an AMD 7970 (280x) and mega stomp ps4 and xbone and Nintendo NX

Think about the benefits..  the pc hardware will be easy to port to and develop for..

Ps4 and xbone has too much invested in their infrastructure for their respective companies to move nimbly and compete right away.

MEAN WHILE, they'll sell billions of the Sega Dreamcast 2

WHY the hell not..

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 13:31:53 »
Or how bout this: stop building consoles like low end PCs.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 13:40:36 »

Why, it's worked out pretty great for us gamers. I don't have to spend hundreds on a new console to play the newest games, my 5yr old PC will do just fine ^^

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 13:41:52 »
The real news, is that Nintendo are letting a mobile game developer use it's characters legally on mobile games.

THAT is the real money spinner for them.

No current games will be ported to mobile devices however.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 13:45:33 »
The real news, is that Nintendo are letting a mobile game developer use it's characters legally on mobile games.

THAT is the real money spinner for them.

No current games will be ported to mobile devices however.

Yeah it's pretty cool, intersted to see what they can

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 14:13:59 »
i3.. amd 280x..

That will be the real game changer..

And it will not cost $600..

Mass market, it will be something like $200 to produce just like the ps4/xbone

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 15:18:59 »

Why, it's worked out pretty great for us gamers. I don't have to spend hundreds on a new console to play the newest games, my 5yr old PC will do just fine ^^

I didn't mean build them more similar, I meant build them with more distinction to set them apart from what the PC market has to offer. Make a game machine a game machine, and let it do things and create experiences that aren't available on a PC. Everyone (but Nintendo) is so busy trying to be comparable to a PC that their content is becoming homogenized and redundant.

But apparently now Nintendo wants to join the party. The death of traditional console gaming was inevidable, but it's just pathetic that everyone's going out so willingly. Soon there simply won't be any need to have separate gaming consoles since everything will be digital.
« Last Edit: Tue, 17 March 2015, 15:22:20 by noisyturtle »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 15:51:58 »
I think the Console market can really take a huge bite out of PC gaming if they went with Powerful hardware..

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 16:08:48 »
Why would that be good

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 16:14:16 »
Why would that be good

It wouldn't.. but it's possible

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 16:15:10 »

I didn't mean build them more similar, I meant build them with more distinction to set them apart from what the PC market has to offer. Make a game machine a game machine, and let it do things and create experiences that aren't available on a PC. Everyone (but Nintendo) is so busy trying to be comparable to a PC that their content is becoming homogenized and redundant.

But apparently now Nintendo wants to join the party. The death of traditional console gaming was inevidable, but it's just pathetic that everyone's going out so willingly. Soon there simply won't be any need to have separate gaming consoles since everything will be digital.

The Xbox has pretty much always been designed that way... Sony had no real choice in how they designed the PS4 becasue they needed the dev's to be able to easily publish games on there system, as an early PS3 user I know of the years of pain playing the PS3 ports, which were better on 360 thanks to its PC like design.
What separates console systems from PC systems is integration and standardisation of hardware and first party titles and the buying power of Microsoft and Sony to get exclusive content for those systems.

As consumers its win win win win, we don't have to fork out for new systems until MS and Sony give us reason with something awesome and we don't even have to upgrade our old rigs becasue all newer games are pretty much optimised for low end PC's! It's great!

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 16:17:08 »
I don't know why they continue this 30fps bull ****..

It's unforgivable.l

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 20:17:09 »
Consoles aren't good enough to run many games at 1080p with a reasonable frame rate.. I don't consider consoles a 'win win' the games are insanely expensive and the hardware sucks

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #15 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 21:58:15 »
Here's to hoping they make the new system phenomenal! Also, bring back skeleton colored consoles!

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #16 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 22:22:23 »
Here's to hoping they make the new system phenomenal! Also, bring back skeleton colored consoles!

what are skeleton colors?

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #17 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 22:56:36 »

what are skeleton colors?

Translucent/clear! I loved all the older Nintendo systems for that, especially the variety of N64 ones.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #18 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 03:02:15 »
insanely expensive

What?
Games are the cheapest they have ever been and more varied than they have ever been. Also, Project Cars is coming to PS4 @ 60fps and looks great... and I think MGSV is going to be 60fps like GZ was...

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #19 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 12:28:15 »
$60 games with day 1 dlc is the cheapest they have ever been?

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #20 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 12:31:22 »
$60 games with day 1 dlc is the cheapest they have ever been?

£50 games, or £40 games... or £12 games (like Hotline Miami 2 one of my fav games). DLC is an optional bonus.

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #21 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 13:06:38 »
The vast majority of low priced games are PC only or ported from the PC to other platforms.

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #22 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 13:06:50 »
Or mobile games

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #23 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 13:10:03 »
The vast majority of low priced games are PC only or ported from the PC to other platforms.

So?

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 13:56:14 »

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #25 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 14:04:28 »
So your argument for games being expensive (compared to say £100+ SNES/N64 cartridges) is that they have (optional day one) DLC or the cheap ones are PC ports?
You gona face palm into some sort of point anytime soon?

Back on topic, I really hope the new Nintendo console is a new handheld, the 3DS is pretty horrible looking and the specs are also kinda terrible, next to my Vita it really does lack so, so much... having a nicer display, better buttons and an better device to hold and look at would be really nice.
With new Zelda announced I don't see why they would put out a new Home console, the WiiU's best year was arguably last year and they should be really looking to improve and build on that, rather than replacing it with something else 3rd parties don't care about.

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 14:18:59 »
My point which you seem to have just backed up, is that consoles are bad.. they have sub par hardware and inflate the prices of games..  $100 SNES cartridges were CONSOLE games, right?

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #27 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 14:22:54 »
My point which you seem to have just backed up, is that consoles are bad.. they have sub par hardware and inflate the prices of games..  $100 SNES cartridges were CONSOLE games, right?

That's not what I'm saying at all I just thought your arguments for such opinion were flawed. Given that 60fps games exist and that games are as cheap as they have ever been on a console.

I personally really enjoy console gaming alongside PC gaming.

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 14:28:36 »
Yes there are games with low quality graphics that can run at 60 fps on consoles.. that doesn't change the fact that many games are/have been/will be graphically nerfed so that they can run on consoles at a 'playable' fps of 30, and even then some games have to force a lower resolution to manage even that.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #29 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 14:38:31 »
Yes there are games with low quality graphics that can run at 60 fps on consoles.. that doesn't change the fact that many games are/have been/will be graphically nerfed so that they can run on consoles at a 'playable' fps of 30, and even then some games have to force a lower resolution to manage even that.

'low quality graphics'

looool Destiny and MGS:GZ's are both 60 on next gen systems, right? They look pretty good. Project Cars (while not quite out yet) is 60 on consoles and looks great.. GTA5 is on new consoles and looks great... while there are few games giving people a reason to invest in the new consoles (me included) trying to say they are bad becasue they have hardware limitations is pretty silly, it's those limitations which give them so much power.
I'm still (well would be had my 7yr old PS3 not died the other night) playing GT6, a game that runs at 60 and looks pretty god damn good for a racing game on a PS3, was playing DmC the other week too and that looked awesome.

If your issue is purely graphics, resolution and frame-rate then no console could ever make you happy... the 'win win' I was referring too and that you made reference too in your original post was that becasue console's are so much on par with PC's this generation it has meant that for the first time, really ever, consoles are on par with or behind the PC at launch. While is is kinda bad for MS or Sony, it's great for people like me, consumers and gamers, becasue it means now they have to not only fight with each other for our money, they also have to compete with the PC, an audience and market they have been kinda able to ignore up until now.

This means that they will have to spend more money and time giving us reasons to own there systems, which can only be a benefit to people like me, who just want to play games and doesn't care so much what platform its on. This is a 'win win'.

If your against the whole idea of consoles to begin (hurr res is **** lololol frame-rate isn't 60) with then why even post in this thread ? Hell if anything Nintendo have been the ones to really put out amazing looking games with great frame-rates on systems that really don't have much power at all...

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #30 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 14:43:31 »
Consoles have weak hardware, but people buy them.. the people making games have to make games that can run on crap console hardware.. which makes for worse games for the PC.   I don't find this to be a win-win

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #31 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 14:46:41 »
Consoles have weak hardware, but people buy them.. the people making games have to make games that can run on crap console hardware.. which makes for worse games for the PC.   I don't find this to be a win-win

What are you talking about???????????????? When has this happened EVER???????????? LOL

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #32 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 14:47:10 »
Are you kidding?

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #33 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 14:48:57 »
Are you kidding?

ARE YOU?! WHAT HE HELL IS HAPPENING APPARENTLY ALL PC GAMES ARE WORSE BECAUSE OF CONSOLES BUT THIS MAKES NO SENSE BECAUSE CONSOLES HAVE EXISTED FOR AS LONG IF NOT LONGER THAN AFFORDABLE PERSONAL COMPUTERS IN THE HOME !! ??

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #34 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 14:50:52 »

What are you talking about???????????????? When has this happened EVER???????????? LOL

You're kidding about this comment in particular..  right?

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #35 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 14:52:13 »
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/170479-ubisoft-massive-sweden-leak-on-division-downgrade/

There, one example it didn't waste much of my time to find.. not the only case

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #36 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 14:52:43 »

No, show me an example of PC games being worse because of a console.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #37 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 14:54:07 »
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/170479-ubisoft-massive-sweden-leak-on-division-downgrade/

There, one example it didn't waste much of my time to find.. not the only case

But games like that wouldn't exist without the console market..... its a console game (thats not out yet) being ported to PC's...

also im talking mechanically, not visually, because visuals can be hacked and modded back in, look at GTA4 for example...
« Last Edit: Wed, 18 March 2015, 14:55:41 by baldgye »

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #38 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 14:55:18 »

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #39 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 14:56:46 »

Another ubisoft game, a good choice I guess but I was talking mechanically rather than visually, as visuals on PC don't matter. They get modded and improved that way (like I said in my edit).

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #40 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 14:58:21 »
Arguing with you is clearly a waste of time.. There is no way you have never heard of a game with horrible controls on the pc because they didn't bother to code for using a mouse and keyboard

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #41 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 14:58:56 »
Also, the need to mod and hack functionality back into your game because consoles are garbage is still not a win win

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #42 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 15:00:01 »
Take Dark Souls as an example, it is considered nearly unplayable without a game pad

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #43 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 15:09:17 »
Also, the need to mod and hack functionality back into your game because consoles are garbage is still not a win win

Mods and hacks are one of the best things about being a PC gamer... how is that lost on you?

Also these are ports and should be treated as such, you can't really say that consoles are bad for PC gaming becasue the ports of those games are bad, without the consoles those games wouldn't even exist, they are designed for a different market that interacts with games in a very different manner (its a very different thing to play at a desk to playing on a sofa).
So saying that consoles are bad for PC gamers because console ports are bad, is kinda insane... (also Watchdogs is terrible), it's also an argument that only applies in graphics and performance and its an argument that's going away as ports get better and better... you can change the mapping and do all kinds of things with simple text file edits (you know, the stuff we had to do to simply install games not that long ago).

But like I said, these are games designed for a different system, so its kind of awesome we even get them, a generation or two ago we wouldn't even have the option to play an Xbox or PS2 game on a PC without an emulator and even back then those needed insane CPU's to even run at half the frame-rate.

This isn't really an argument, its a debate, its the whole point of a forum existing, if we all had the same ideas and opinions forums would be dull, boring places. I'm only trying to understand your POV and perspective, it's why I post on forums and it's how I build up as balanced an opinion as one person can ever hope to gain. But it seems like your POV seems to be only that consoles are bad, which from what I can tell and my own personal experience isn't a good argument.

Take Dark Souls as an example, it is considered nearly unplayable without a game pad

Why is that a problem? You can't play racing games with a keyboard and mouse on PC too... does that make them terrible abominations?

The joy of PC's is that they are pretty open and use USB ports (mostly) so you can use any kind of input device that's out there, or grab one your not suppose to be able to use and hack it... look at the cool **** you can do with WiiMotes and the OG Kinetc
« Last Edit: Wed, 18 March 2015, 15:11:05 by baldgye »

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #44 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 15:11:58 »
Lost on me?  My entire argument has been that they 'mods and hacks' are only necessary because consoles hardware cannot run with the 'mods and hacks'.  Your entire 'mods and hacks' argument goes to prove my point, wtf is wrong with your brain

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #45 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 15:13:07 »
Lost on me?  My entire argument has been that they 'mods and hacks' are only necessary because consoles hardware cannot run with the 'mods and hacks'.

....Mods and hacks are only the result of bad console ports?? mkey..

though I guess whats wrong with my brain is that I'm able to be civil...

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #46 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 15:21:47 »
Lost on me?  My entire argument has been that they 'mods and hacks' are only necessary because consoles hardware cannot run with the 'mods and hacks'.

What's wrong with your brain is that you have a general pattern of completely missing the point, you tend to argue something which is true but not completely relevant and then contradict yourself later on without realizing it.

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #47 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 15:23:01 »

What's wrong with your brain is that you have a general pattern of completely missing the point, you tend to argue something which is true but not completely relevant and then contradict yourself later on without realizing it.

Me?

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #48 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 15:24:22 »

Me?

No baldgye.
Read god dam-nit :/
He does this argumentative **** on every thread.

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #49 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 15:26:08 »

Me?

No baldgye.
Read god dam-nit :/

I thought so, but I wanted to be sure. I was arguing with baldgye afterall..