Author Topic: Worst Mouse Ever  (Read 51103 times)

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
Worst Mouse Ever
« on: Fri, 20 September 2013, 11:07:27 »
What would you say is the worst/least ergonomic computer monse you have used? I'd pin the crown on the Apple "hockey puck" mouse and its successors:

CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
Re: Worst Mouse Ever
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 20 September 2013, 11:08:04 »
Anything made by Microsoft.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 20 September 2013, 11:11:39 »
All biases aside, I've got to say that Microsoft actually made pretty good mice when compared to other computer-related companies. They at least tried to make them ergonomic.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 20 September 2013, 15:20:15 »
All biases aside, I've got to say that Microsoft actually made pretty good mice when compared to other computer-related companies. They at least tried to make them ergonomic.

They did, the IME and WMO are fantastic mice, but other than that they're pretty meh.

Worst mouse I've used has to be the old magicmouse, followed by the G700s.
Magicmouse requires little explanation, although some might wonder about the G700s; basically it was too heavy, all the weight was in the back while the sensor was in the front, and it did not give me a good enough grip to lift it easily and securely. I absolutely loved all the extra buttons on it, they're brilliantly designed, but for low sens gaming it was incredibly uncomfortable bordering on unusable.

Edit;
Oh is it mighty mouse? Eh, either way, Apple mice are ****. Easily worst. As davkol said below, the tiny trackball isn't a bad idea, but I always found it a bit fiddly in use.
Specially old school ones where it's all gunked up and doesn't work properly.
« Last Edit: Fri, 20 September 2013, 16:49:41 by vun »

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 20 September 2013, 16:43:26 »
I have to agree, it's the Mighty Mouse (and the previous generation as well, but I haven't used it almost at all). Its scrolling trackball is awesome but that's it. Everything else sucks. Sticky finish, low-sensitivity sensor (dunno who had this idea to pair this mouse with a 30" screen), weird side buttons, too short cable...

...only the glowing $2 mouse bought at DX.com comes close. It was probably the only mouse that literally fell apart in my hands.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 20 September 2013, 20:03:59 »
Okay here is my list of the absolute WORSE rodents that have ever been made/sold and unfortunately used, by ME;

1) Vertical 3 Mouse, designed with no form or function in mind other than to present something as different, compared to all other rodents currently available.  Uncomfortable to use and operate and you end up developing a whole lot of pain in the arm further creating misery when used over a long time.  This was thrown in the bin, never to cause pain again to any other poor soul again.

2) Apple Hockey Puck Mouse.  Basically when I was younger and I loved Apple as a kid because they created such cool looking computers with different hardware, I was like everyone else at the time, fell in love with their propaganda.  Because I was young and naive you believe in their crap, but the hockey puck rodent was atrocious, especially for me who had larger hands hence trying to control that tiny mouse wasn't easy.  But what made it even worse was it only came with a single ball and that clogged consistently when used.  In the end I got so mad with it I unplugged it from the iMac and smashed it with my boot on the floor because it didn't need to torture anyone else anymore.

3) Razer Copperhead.  Had a horrible shape which I never could get use to plus it had an average sensor - nothing special there. Won't let me play at low sensitivity because of it's ability to skip around the desktop uncontrollably.  They never fixed it with any firmware upgrade hence my immense dislike of Razer and it's failure to fix their own problems.

4) DA 2013, well this certainly just highlights how cheap they have gotten with the construction of their latest model.  The Copperhead was made solid with a very firm body that never squeaked or made a sound when you used the mouse.  But this latest DA2013 sounds like a tortured rodent when used by my hands.  I figured maybe I was holding it to harshly but even when I was pushing it around the mouse pad with my single thumb, it still creaked in the housing.  Nothing speaks louder than cheap housing sprayed with some kind of aerosol rubber compound.  I mainly freaked out because I paid over $69.00 for it, when it should really be for sale around the $10.00 mark (being real generous here).

5) Steelseries Kinzu v1,  I really liked it's shape but the acceleration and failed sensor, helped me to dump it into the nearest bin as soon as possible.  Totally unusable for almost any situation.

6) Razer Lachesis v1, Yes I am a slow retard that never learns from any previous experience when it comes to spending money on a Razer product.  Another useless rodent made by them with a sensor that just was awful in the extreme.  No amount of their dodgey firmware updates could fix it's problems.

7) Microsoft Sidewinder x8, a real cheap rodent that just failed with ergonomics, uncomfortable to hold and use.  This is were Microsoft had dropped the ball on designing mice.

8 ) Roccat Kone, speaking of cheap, this little bastard started to flake off it's coating after about two weeks of usage.  In the end it looked like a fledgling chick losing it's feathers over summer.  Had to dump it fast before it started to seep it's crap into my mouse mat.  Very bad manufacturing there in the realm of Razer-like Quality.

9) Logitech M100, was desperate when I lost some of the best mice and had to use something so bought this thing for $12.00.  Of course it was worth far less because after about 6 weeks the buttons stopped working, hence it too had to be dumped.  Nice one Logitech, following Razer with their manufacturing quality. At least Logitech never had the balls to charge $69.00 for it.

10) Logitech G9, could never get use to the tiny rodent which needed to be pushed around with your finger tips, almost like a hockey-puck (go figure).

« Last Edit: Fri, 20 September 2013, 21:50:35 by Elrick »

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 20 September 2013, 21:14:10 »
I don't remember the brand, but there was this mouse at Microcenter that required Hulk like strength to click down. I had to use two fingers and lift my hand, then push using forearm strength. I cannot fathom why anyone in their right mind would design something like that, unless it was to be used as a prank.

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 21 September 2013, 01:29:22 »
Those Apple mice just take the cake. They just feel horrible to use.
IBM Model F | IMB Model M | Poker II MX Brown | Poker II MX Clear | Filco TKL MX Brown | Bastardized Razer Blackwidow TE MX Blue | Logitech G602 |  Cyborg R.A.T. 7 | | Logitech MX518 | Icemat  | Artisan Hien

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 21 September 2013, 01:46:43 »
Just to prove I'm not a foaming at the mouth Apple fanbois, the Apple hockey puck mouse is worst, and I currently use a Microsoft Basic Optical Mouse V2.0 at home (and a Dell-branded Logitech at work).
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 21 September 2013, 03:58:01 »
The Apple Mice are definitely up on my last. Another worthy mention is the mouse that is shipped on HP's business class machines these days, which is about the size of a 'travel mouse'. Using one on a work machine caused me agony until I replaced it with one of my own mice. Microsoft also seem to have a new found fascination with making mice that are too small for anyone to use (while I have somewhat long fingers, my hands are about average size)

« Last Edit: Sat, 21 September 2013, 04:01:26 by ch_123 »

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #10 on: Sat, 21 September 2013, 06:32:42 »
Microsoft also seem to have a new found fascination with making mice that are too small for anyone to use (while I have somewhat long fingers, my hands are about average size)

They all seem to have this fascination for making mice for midgets.  Imagine within a span of 20 years or less human evolution has now regressed into people being no higher than 4'11 and having such small hands that all manufacturers suddenly think we've become a nation of Ewoks or Munchkins.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #11 on: Sat, 21 September 2013, 09:05:30 »
Evoluent vertical mice

also, mice with too many or too few buttons

Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #12 on: Sat, 21 September 2013, 12:21:43 »
Haters aside, the Mighty Mouse is one of the worst pieces of **** ever made. I don't know about other Apple mice but the MM is totally horrible and barely functions as a mouse.

Offline SeriouSSpotS

• 60% is love, 60% is life
« Reply #13 on: Sat, 21 September 2013, 12:26:00 »
Haters aside, the Mighty Mouse is one of the worst pieces of **** ever made. I don't know about other Apple mice but the MM is totally horrible and barely functions as a mouse.

What would you say is the worst/least ergonomic computer monse you have used? I'd pin the crown on the Apple "hockey puck" mouse and its successors:
Show Image

I concur
QFR - MX black   |   Poker X - Panda Clears   |   Poker 2 - MX blue

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #14 on: Sat, 21 September 2013, 13:42:24 »
I have mentioned before that Apple's "Hockey Puck" mouse had a predecessor with the same shape, made by Digital Equipment a decade earlier.
Instead of a ball on the underside, it had two conical wheels: one vertical and one horizontal. It did not track correctly, it wanted to go vertical or horizontal. At least it had three buttons.

The Evoluent VerticalMouse isn't that bad. It is different, and it is not for precision mousing required for graphics design or games, but it is OK for office tasks. The worst things are the very light grip and the prediction. The best things, I think are the buttons.
🍉

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #15 on: Sun, 22 September 2013, 13:52:48 »
Microsoft also seem to have a new found fascination with making mice that are too small for anyone to use (while I have somewhat long fingers, my hands are about average size)

They all seem to have this fascination for making mice for midgets.  Imagine within a span of 20 years or less human evolution has now regressed into people being no higher than 4'11 and having such small hands that all manufacturers suddenly think we've become a nation of Ewoks or Munchkins.

Fingertip grip, bro...

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 23 September 2013, 12:35:04 »
The Apple Mice are definitely up on my last. Another worthy mention is the mouse that is shipped on HP's business class machines these days, which is about the size of a 'travel mouse'. Using one on a work machine caused me agony until I replaced it with one of my own mice. Microsoft also seem to have a new found fascination with making mice that are too small for anyone to use (while I have somewhat long fingers, my hands are about average size)

Show Image

Really?  I find those are amazinggggggg for fingertip/claw grip and I guess I have small hand so this sorta works out nicely for me.

Refer to this thread:  http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=34989.0

Even BST (Ninox) Gaming mouse is similar to this shape so I'm pretty sure it has its own followers.

Though I'll admit the Apple "Hockey Puck" mouse is the worst, it's also bad because of its shape.  It's circular and sometimes it's hard to tell if you've rotated off by a few degrees.
« Last Edit: Mon, 23 September 2013, 12:36:42 by Hyde »

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline Kagusaki Wolf

« Reply #17 on: Wed, 25 September 2013, 13:10:55 »
The hockey puck takes the cake for sure.  It was made for mice and rats, not humans lol
SIIG Suntouch K101 | Northgate Omnikey Ultra T | NMB RT8255C+ | Cherry G84-4100 | Cherry G84-4420 X2 | IBM Model M | Laser Brand Keyboard | Monterey K 108 X2 |

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #18 on: Thu, 26 September 2013, 08:11:29 »
The hockey puck takes the cake for sure.  It was made for mice and rats, not humans lol

Well, only mice and rats would be foolish enough to buy a new Mac anyways! So I guess that makes sense.

Offline N8N

« Reply #19 on: Thu, 26 September 2013, 08:23:45 »
For me it has to be the RAT7  - it's actually brilliant to hold, but I haven't found a surface yet other than a cloth mouse pad (which I hate) that it will actually track on.
Filco Majestouch-2 with Cherry Corp. doubleshot keys - Leopold Tenkeyless Tactile Force with Wyse doubleshots - Silicon Graphics 9500900 - WASD V1 - IBM Model M 52G9658 - Noppoo Choc Pro with Cherry lasered PBT keycaps - Wyse 900866-01 - Cherry G80-8200LPBUS/07 - Dell AT101W - several Cherry G81s (future doubleshot donors) (order of current preference) (dang I have too many keyboards, I really only need two)

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #20 on: Thu, 26 September 2013, 09:25:40 »
For me it has to be the RAT7  - it's actually brilliant to hold, but I haven't found a surface yet other than a cloth mouse pad (which I hate) that it will actually track on.

Weird. It tracks awesome for me on my Icemat.
IBM Model F | IMB Model M | Poker II MX Brown | Poker II MX Clear | Filco TKL MX Brown | Bastardized Razer Blackwidow TE MX Blue | Logitech G602 |  Cyborg R.A.T. 7 | | Logitech MX518 | Icemat  | Artisan Hien

Offline N8N

« Reply #21 on: Thu, 26 September 2013, 13:01:41 »

Dunno what to tell you...  I bought it for work (at the time I was doing a lot of CAD work) and it worked great, right up until one day when it didn't.  In retrospect I believe that that is when I bought a Steelseries hard mat and took it to work to give myself a nicer surface to work on, although I did not think of that at the time.  Emails to Cyborg/Mad Catz went unanswered.  I then took my PMMX to work and took the RAT7 home and threw it in my junk box just in case I got bored enough to try to fix it.  (and bought a used Mionix mouse for home use off these august forums.) Then one day on a whim I dragged it out and lo and behold it worked again.  At the time I did not have a proper mouse pad at home, so I was using an old notepad instead.  (OK, there's two surfaces it works on.)  Then I decided to make myself an insert for the keyboard tray of the desk, so I took a piece of Masonite and wrapped it in contact paper and glued shelf liner on the back so it wouldn't slide around.  Suddenly my mouse doesn't work again, even though I would have expected the contact paper to provide a near ideal surface.  That's when I started testing different surfaces...

I can tell you it does NOT work on: the Steelseries hard pad (after looking online, I think it may be the 9HD?), bare wood, glass, Masonite, Masonite covered with matte clear contact paper, my Kensington combination wrist rest/keyboard tray (looks like black melamine - I wasn't using this at my main desk though because the keyboard tray was too narrow) or pretty much anything that one would want to run a mouse on, *except* for a traditional cloth mouse pad or a piece of white paper.  My Performance Mouse MX, Mionix something-or-other, and a really old Logitech cordless mouse that I keep in my laptop bag work on everything on which I've tried them, by comparison.

The whole thing frustrates me because really the only other quibble that I had with the RAT7 was that the thumbwheel didn't side scroll - I was able to "fix" that in Linux but not sure how to do it in Windows.  I like that way better than the push the wheel to the side functionality of the Logitech mice - much better control.  Ergonomically, it was the BEST mouse I'd ever used - which made it frustrating that it was essentially unusable, at least the way I wanted to use it.

So it works with an Icemat...?  It frosts my cookies to have to buy a mouse pad expressly because I have a mouse that is so defective that it will only work on a handful of surfaces, but then again, other than that, it is really good.
Filco Majestouch-2 with Cherry Corp. doubleshot keys - Leopold Tenkeyless Tactile Force with Wyse doubleshots - Silicon Graphics 9500900 - WASD V1 - IBM Model M 52G9658 - Noppoo Choc Pro with Cherry lasered PBT keycaps - Wyse 900866-01 - Cherry G80-8200LPBUS/07 - Dell AT101W - several Cherry G81s (future doubleshot donors) (order of current preference) (dang I have too many keyboards, I really only need two)

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #22 on: Thu, 26 September 2013, 13:59:24 »

Dunno what to tell you...  I bought it for work (at the time I was doing a lot of CAD work) and it worked great, right up until one day when it didn't.  In retrospect I believe that that is when I bought a Steelseries hard mat and took it to work to give myself a nicer surface to work on, although I did not think of that at the time.  Emails to Cyborg/Mad Catz went unanswered.  I then took my PMMX to work and took the RAT7 home and threw it in my junk box just in case I got bored enough to try to fix it.  (and bought a used Mionix mouse for home use off these august forums.) Then one day on a whim I dragged it out and lo and behold it worked again.  At the time I did not have a proper mouse pad at home, so I was using an old notepad instead.  (OK, there's two surfaces it works on.)  Then I decided to make myself an insert for the keyboard tray of the desk, so I took a piece of Masonite and wrapped it in contact paper and glued shelf liner on the back so it wouldn't slide around.  Suddenly my mouse doesn't work again, even though I would have expected the contact paper to provide a near ideal surface.  That's when I started testing different surfaces...

I can tell you it does NOT work on: the Steelseries hard pad (after looking online, I think it may be the 9HD?), bare wood, glass, Masonite, Masonite covered with matte clear contact paper, my Kensington combination wrist rest/keyboard tray (looks like black melamine - I wasn't using this at my main desk though because the keyboard tray was too narrow) or pretty much anything that one would want to run a mouse on, *except* for a traditional cloth mouse pad or a piece of white paper.  My Performance Mouse MX, Mionix something-or-other, and a really old Logitech cordless mouse that I keep in my laptop bag work on everything on which I've tried them, by comparison.

The whole thing frustrates me because really the only other quibble that I had with the RAT7 was that the thumbwheel didn't side scroll - I was able to "fix" that in Linux but not sure how to do it in Windows.  I like that way better than the push the wheel to the side functionality of the Logitech mice - much better control.  Ergonomically, it was the BEST mouse I'd ever used - which made it frustrating that it was essentially unusable, at least the way I wanted to use it.

So it works with an Icemat...?  It frosts my cookies to have to buy a mouse pad expressly because I have a mouse that is so defective that it will only work on a handful of surfaces, but then again, other than that, it is really good.

Have you tried cleaning dust off the sensor? PTE sensors until recently were horrible at handling dust, although I would suggest RMAing it since my RAT7 has tracked just fine on any surface I've thrown at it so far, although I'll admit it's not a whole lot.

Also, I would suggest getting an IceMat(known as the I-2 now) either way if you can find one, it is hands down the best pad I've used so far.

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #23 on: Thu, 26 September 2013, 14:14:32 »
LOGITECH G300 OPTICAL MOUSE IS GREATEST MOUSE OF ALL TIME.

IF IT'S NOT LOGITECH, IT'S CR@P.  AVAILABLE WITH WIN98 DRIVERS. 

I ♥ Click Clack.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps.

Offline N8N

« Reply #24 on: Thu, 26 September 2013, 14:46:22 »

(RAT7)

Have you tried cleaning dust off the sensor? PTE sensors until recently were horrible at handling dust, although I would suggest RMAing it since my RAT7 has tracked just fine on any surface I've thrown at it so far, although I'll admit it's not a whole lot.

Also, I would suggest getting an IceMat(known as the I-2 now) either way if you can find one, it is hands down the best pad I've used so far.

yes, I've tried cleaning it repeatedly... it just doesn't work.

I can't RMA it because a) that would mean that I could actually communicate with Cyborg customer service and b) I actually got it used, and probably 2-3 years ago anyway.

I will see if I Micro Center has that pad though... they've started carrying quite a few quality peripherals that used to be you never saw in stores.  So much nicer to buy when you can see it before you choose...  they've got a nice selection of keyboards too, if they had 5-6 years ago the keyboard selection that they have today, I probably would have just bought something that I liked, and never found GH!

Edit: "no longer available."  Amazon still has them though... in pink.  And for $40.

I just hate soft cloth pads... they get dirty super fast, come unlaminated, and don't glide nicely... I'm definitely a hard pad kind of guy.

I wonder if a simple piece of frosted glass would work?  Maybe I'll try that if I get bored and feel like experimenting... I'd do it now but I don't feel like running to the lumberyard today.  You would think that my contact paper "pad" would be roughly equivalent to that though, but clearly the RAT's sensor is a finicky little beast.
« Last Edit: Thu, 26 September 2013, 15:07:48 by N8N »

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #25 on: Thu, 26 September 2013, 15:39:30 »

(RAT7)

yes, I've tried cleaning it repeatedly... it just doesn't work.

I can't RMA it because a) that would mean that I could actually communicate with Cyborg customer service and b) I actually got it used, and probably 2-3 years ago anyway.

I will see if I Micro Center has that pad though... they've started carrying quite a few quality peripherals that used to be you never saw in stores.  So much nicer to buy when you can see it before you choose...  they've got a nice selection of keyboards too, if they had 5-6 years ago the keyboard selection that they have today, I probably would have just bought something that I liked, and never found GH!

Edit: "no longer available."  Amazon still has them though... in pink.  And for $40.

I just hate soft cloth pads... they get dirty super fast, come unlaminated, and don't glide nicely... I'm definitely a hard pad kind of guy.

I wonder if a simple piece of frosted glass would work?  Maybe I'll try that if I get bored and feel like experimenting... I'd do it now but I don't feel like running to the lumberyard today.  You would think that my contact paper "pad" would be roughly equivalent to that though, but clearly the RAT's sensor is a finicky little beast.

I'm gonna guess it's a faulty sensor, specially if what you have is the gen1. I had to RMA mine, but the gen2 I got in return has worked great so far, it does act up sometimes because of dust, but it's not often and it's easy to clean.

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #26 on: Thu, 26 September 2013, 15:47:43 »
I agree with that. Mine is 2nd gen too and it works great, the 1st gen were known to have some tracking issues. The side thumb scroll doesn't work for me, either. A friend has the RAT 5, and the side scroll doesn't work on that one, too.

I just plugged it in to test it (currently using a Razer Lachesis Refresh) on different surfaces, and so far it has tracked flawlessly on these surfaces :

- Icemat
- Bare wood desk
- An issue of Guitar World
- A4 paper
- A cloth Zowie mousepad

Like vun said, I think yours may just have a faulty sensor unfortunately. It's a shame, because the mouse itself is extremely comfortable. Much more so than the Lachesis, but I have the Lachesis setup with tons of macros and stuff so it works well for me. But that thumb and pinky rest just cannot be beaten. Only maybe by the Func MS-3, but I have yet to give that one a try.

Offline N8N

« Reply #27 on: Thu, 26 September 2013, 16:01:23 »
maybe it is in fact faulty, but it works great on cloth and paper, but I just can't get it to work on anything else.

If you're using X on Linux, I actually figured out how to make the side scroll work.  You have to edit your xorg.conf anyway to keep the thing from hosing your system.

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=23296.msg601482#msg601482
« Last Edit: Thu, 26 September 2013, 16:04:50 by N8N »

Offline Thimplum

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Master of all Ponies
« Reply #28 on: Thu, 26 September 2013, 20:11:18 »
Apple's newer mice take the 'success" out of "succession".
TP4 FOR ADMIN 2013

Offline inteli722

• Waiting for too much stuff...
« Reply #29 on: Thu, 26 September 2013, 20:44:26 »
So far, anything with only 3 buttons.

I NEED at least the back/forward buttons.
More

Visit the Typing Test and try!
R.I.P. SmallFry! You will be dearly missed.
Leopold FC200 |  CoolerMaster QFP Browns | Quickfire Rapid Greens | Quickfire Rapid Blues
Waiting for: Phantom Plate

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #30 on: Thu, 26 September 2013, 23:15:00 »

Making them ... ion? :confused:
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #31 on: Thu, 26 September 2013, 23:20:00 »
I actually enjoyed the hockey puck mice as a child.. Was so circular
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #32 on: Thu, 26 September 2013, 23:23:43 »

Making them ... ion? ???

Maybe something to do with HR Planning......workforce........?  :-\ .
« Last Edit: Thu, 26 September 2013, 23:25:17 by Elrick »

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #33 on: Fri, 27 September 2013, 08:42:48 »

Making them ... ion? :confused:

THEY MAKE MICE INTO CRAP BY HIRING IDIOTS TO DESIGN THEM. THAT IS ONE OF MANY REASONS WHY MICROSOFT PRODUCTS ARE SUPERIOR.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #34 on: Fri, 27 September 2013, 18:28:04 »
THEY MAKE MICE INTO CRAP BY HIRING IDIOTS TO DESIGN THEM. THAT IS ONE OF MANY REASONS WHY MICROSOFT PRODUCTS ARE SUPERIOR.

I wouldn't go that far especially now, when Microsoft is literally making horrible rodents.  Please don't compare the brilliant Opticals that were made 20 years ago to their latest junk pile on their web store.

Although I like the look of their only "Comfort Mouse 6000" series for business, very nice like their Explorer Series 3.0.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #35 on: Sat, 28 September 2013, 02:21:06 »
MX 500 was actually pretty bad when I plugged it in the other day..

After getting used to the G400...

Offline Grendel

• Firmware for Costar Replacement Controllers
« Reply #36 on: Fri, 04 October 2013, 16:54:37 »
The 1st MS SideWinder Mouse. WAY too tall for me, it actually hurt my wrist when I was giving it a try. Perfect mouse for me is the G9 (or G9x) with the small shell.
Currently using: RK-9000WH/GR, CMS QFXT w/ Ghost Squid
- I'm game !

Offline fuzzybaffy

« Reply #37 on: Fri, 04 October 2013, 22:03:39 »
In terms of shape, I actually didn't mind the Mighty Mouse at all. It was the buttons (or lack thereof), which made it horrid. Also, since there were no dedicated buttons, it wouldn't know with which finger you were clicking with if you had both fingers lying on both sides, so it would just register the left click if you had your fingers lying on both sides. This meant that you had to consciously lift up the left finger whenever you wanted to use the right click. This was horrible for gaming.

As far as contemporary examples go, in terms of shape only, the worst mice are all the gaming ones from Logitech. G700, G9, G400, and new the G602 are all terrible. I have no idea why they insist on having so many odd curves and angles on all their freakin' gaming mice. It's as if they are suggesting that all of those curves and shapes are required for comfort; it's obviously a marketing move. But in practical use, all those curves and angles make their mice super uncomfortable. You are absolutely forced to hold their mice in one very specific way, but again, in practical use, people need the freedom to hold their mice in different ways and angles; because everybody's hands are different, and the mouse is constantly moving. Why do they think holding the mouse in one very specific form is appropriate, when the hand is required to constantly move to move the mouse, I don't know.

That said, I will say Logitech mice are the best, that I've used of course (there may be other brands out there that I haven't used that may be better), when it comes to build quality. All their mice just feel super solid, and I've never been afraid that one would break over a period of time.

With THAT said, when it comes to quality... I'll agree with everyone, that Razer is absolute ****e. Almost a third of Razer mice I've owned/tried, had issues with a weak/flimsy/creaking body. They just feel... hollow, and all the pieces feel weakly put together. It's a shame, because I absolutely love the design of their Deathadder and Taipan mice.

To me, it doesn't really matter how well built a mouse is, if it is super uncomfortable, so I just deal with the build-quality issues of Razer mice, and just use Razer mice. To me, personally, I think it's easier to just deal with and/or replace broken/lemon mice from Razer, and continue using new ones, rather than having a really well built mouse that I can barely use (Logitech). Because in the least, I can still at least use the mice (from Razer).

Yes, I know I'm bitter about Logitech mice. I have just given them way too many tries, and every single time, I'm unsatisfied with the shape of their mice. I want to like them... but after a certain amount of time, they just get put back in the drawer, or returned to the store. I guess that's a part of my fault, so... no more Logitech mice for me. Unless I see that they change the way they design their mice.
« Last Edit: Fri, 04 October 2013, 22:12:26 by fuzzybaffy »

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #38 on: Fri, 04 October 2013, 22:19:34 »
In terms of shape, I actually didn't mind the Mighty Mouse at all. It was the buttons (or lack thereof), which made it horrid. Also, since there were no dedicated buttons, it wouldn't know with which finger you were clicking with if you had both fingers on both sides, so it would just register the left click if you had your fingers laying on both sides. This meant that you had to consciously lift up the left finger whenever you wanted to use the right click. This was horrible for gaming.

As far as contemporary examples go, in terms of shape only, the worst mice are all the gaming ones from Logitech. G700, G9, G400, and new the G602 are all terrible. I have no idea why they insist on having so many odd curves and angles on all their freakin' gaming mice. It's as if they are suggesting that all of those curves and shapes are required for comfort; it's obviously a marketing move. But in practical use, all those curves and angles make their mice super uncomfortable. You are absolutely forced to hold their mice in one very specific way, but again, in practical use, people need the freedom to hold their mice in different ways and angles; because everybody's hands are different, and the mouse is constantly moving. Why do they think holding the mouse in one very specific form is appropriate, when the hand is required to constantly move to move the mouse, I don't know.

That said, I will say Logitech mice are the best, that I've used of course (there may be other brands out there that I haven't used that may be better), when it comes to build quality. All their mice just feel super solid, and I've never been afraid that one would break over a period of time.

With THAT said, when it comes to quality... I'll agree with everyone, that Razer is absolute ****e. Almost a third of Razer mice I've owned/tried, had issues with a weak/flimsy/creaking body. They just feel... hollow, and all the pieces feel weakly put together. It's a shame, because I absolutely love the design of their Deathadder and Taipan mice.

To me, it doesn't really matter how well built a mouse is, if it is super uncomfortable, so I just deal with the build-quality issues of Razer mice, and just use Razer mice. To me, personally, I think it's easier to just replace a broken/lemon mouse from Razer, and continue using new ones, rather than having a really well built mouse that I can barely use (Logitech). Because in the least, I can still at least use the mice (from Razer).

Yes, I know I'm bitter about Logitech mice. I have just given them way too many tries, and every single time, I'm unsatisfied with the shape of their mice. I guess that's a part of my fault, so... no more Logitech mice for me. Unless I see that they change the way they design their mice.

I could go into this, but I'll try to keep this short;

Most of Logitech's mice are made to fit a palm grip, and pretty much only that. Other than the G700 I've found all the Logitech mice I've tried to be very comfortable(hint: it's all personal preference), and some of the curves and shapes you mention are there, in part, to give better grip for easier lifting of the mouse. They're made for people who like palm grip and want a mouse that is best suited for it. Palm grippers, at least in gaming, will tend to have low sens and mainly use their arm to move the mouse rather than small hand movement, those who prefer that tend to use smaller claw grip mice. They're different mice for different styles.

If you want a mouse that you can hold the way you want, you can't have it, because to get that versatility you'll have to sacrifice some functionality for some grip styles. A small mouse, like the Abyssus, will allow you to hold it at different angles and as close to or far away from your palm as you'd like, but you absolutely cannot palm it unless you have unusually small hands, so you still can't hold it whichever way you want.

Here's where it shows that it's all very much subjective; I find that I prefer most Logitech mice over the DA. Now, the DA shape is amazing and does offer more versatility in grip than the G400 shape, but like I said, that's not without sacrifice. The rubber grips on the 2013 model aren't always grippy enough, and the surface is so matte that it won't grip at all, so I find that sometimes I have to clench my hand more than I should have to to lift it, whereas on the G400 there's a small ledge that allows me to lift it without excess strain. This was less of an issue on the old DA where the shiny plastic could get sticky and required less force to lift, but that was about the only good thing about the shiny plastic.

But yeah, Logitech mice feel very solid, I was disappointed in the hollow feel of the DA2013, although both the Naga 2012 and Lachesis Refresh feel just as solid as Logitech mice.

Offline fuzzybaffy

« Reply #39 on: Fri, 04 October 2013, 22:28:08 »
Right. It is subjective. But by telling me this is subjective, you are implying my subjective experiences are wrong.

No. I think Logitech mice are absolutely horrid when it comes to comfort. You can think whatever you want.

Also, were you talking about the G9 when you were talking about palm-gripping? Because I'm pretty sure the G9 was intended for claw-grips, even with the fatter grip. And the G9 fat-grip was one of the worst when it came to lifting the mouse. The narrow grip was a little better when it came to lifting, but again... it had some weird angles that also gave me horrible hand cramps.
« Last Edit: Fri, 04 October 2013, 22:38:36 by fuzzybaffy »

Offline fuzzybaffy

« Reply #40 on: Fri, 04 October 2013, 22:37:55 »
Also, the G400 indeed was amazing for lifting. But its shape forced you to hold the mouse in that very specific oval shape, which, to me, was uncomfortable during casual desktop use.

I don't mind the extra bit of clenching to lift the DA2013 at all. It's required, but it isn't uncomfortable for me.

Offline fuzzybaffy

« Reply #41 on: Fri, 04 October 2013, 22:44:30 »
And I'm not saying that a mouse should let you hold it however you want it, in the absolute sense. Obviously, just by the very nature of the mouse being a physical thing that you hold, you are going to be limited to some degree in how you hold it. But, I think, in the least, your fingers should get some space and some freedom to move on their own while the mouse is moving. The way Logitech mice are designed, make it really difficult for the fingers to do that.

A great example of a mouse that gives the hand a lot of space and freedom to move is the Razer Taipan. I absolutely freakin' love the shape of the mouse, because its narrow form factor allows your hand to adapt to the mouse's position and shape while you move the mouse. With something like a G400, you are seriously forced to hold it in that oval shape; and that gets annoying really quickly. To me, at least.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #42 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 00:24:28 »
I don't mind the extra bit of clenching to lift the DA2013 at all.  It's required, but it isn't uncomfortable for me.

Yes, I love that statement, some extreme "butt-clenching" is required once you figured out how much money got tossed down the toilet for this ugly piece of cheapo-refuse, masquerading as a PC Mouse.

I truly hate that rodent with such a passion, it borders equally with my hatred for the West Coast Eagles and Hawthorn  :p :p :p .

Offline fuzzybaffy

« Reply #43 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 00:44:18 »
Haha. Good luck with your Logitech mice, then. =D

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #44 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 04:57:27 »
Right. It is subjective. But by telling me this is subjective, you are implying my subjective experiences are wrong.

Not at all, I'm just telling you that the shapes of Logitech mice are not a marketing move, but a comfort feature, and I'm also just providing another view on the matter so that anyone viewing this thread have the information they need to make an informed decision based on views from both from people who like and dislike the mice.

But yeah, the G9 is one of the exceptions from Logitech, the fat grip is not that good for lifting and is more suited for a palm/claw hybrid grip whereas the smaller grip is better for claw.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #45 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 06:13:04 »
Not at all, I'm just telling you that the shapes of Logitech mice are not a marketing move, but a comfort feature, and I'm also just providing another view on the matter so that anyone viewing this thread have the information they need to make an informed decision based on views from both from people who like and dislike the mice.

Vun's right about why Logitech chose a particular shape and stuck with it, with in their range of mice.  For instance the G500S I still love using, when I can't find G400S or a G400 because my GF decides she wants to loan out a rodent to one of her friends because their HP, Dell and/or Acer rodent died.  The rotten thing is that they keep the mouse and I have to buy another one a month later.

But now since I've got the Roccat Kone XTD she doesn't like it because it's too huge for her, so it's now safe sitting beside my PC.  Always go for the BIG stuff because not all girls can take the large black thing in their stride  ;D .
« Last Edit: Sat, 05 October 2013, 06:15:35 by Elrick »

Offline fuzzybaffy

« Reply #46 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 11:45:48 »
Vun's right about why Logitech chose a particular shape and stuck with it, with in their range of mice.

That's exactly my point, though... this is what I wrote in my first post about Logitech:

I have no idea why they insist on having so many odd curves and angles on all their freakin' gaming mice. It's as if they are suggesting that all of those curves and shapes are required for comfort; it's obviously a marketing move. But in practical use, all those curves and angles make their mice super uncomfortable.

They make these odd shapes and curves, as if to imply that they're there on purpose, for "comfort", but after having used them for a long while, and realizing that they are actually uncomfortable, I'm thinking they are not. They are there for marketing; which is evidenced exactly by your post.

=D If you believe the shapes of Logitech mice are a comfort feature, aren't I right in saying that it's a marketing move? Yea, it's a "feature", but to me, their shapes are uncomfortable, and I think it's just a gimmick, made to get people to believe it's for comfort, so that they can sell more mice.

But, regardless, we'll have to agree to disagree. You like the design of Logitech mice, I don't like the design of Logitech mice.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #47 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 11:53:12 »
Vun's right about why Logitech chose a particular shape and stuck with it, with in their range of mice.

That's exactly my point, though... this is what I wrote in my first post about Logitech:

I have no idea why they insist on having so many odd curves and angles on all their freakin' gaming mice. It's as if they are suggesting that all of those curves and shapes are required for comfort; it's obviously a marketing move. But in practical use, all those curves and angles make their mice super uncomfortable.

They make these odd shapes and curves, as if to imply that they're there on purpose, for "comfort", but after having used them for a long while, and realizing that they are actually uncomfortable, I'm thinking they are not. They are there for marketing; which is evidenced exactly by your post.

=D If you believe the shapes of Logitech mice are a comfort feature, aren't I right in saying that it's a marketing move? Yea, it's a "feature", but to me, their shapes are uncomfortable, and I think it's just a gimmick, made to get people to believe it's for comfort, so that they can sell more mice.

But, regardless, we'll have to agree to disagree. You like the design of Logitech mice, I don't like the design of Logitech mice.

It's not a gimmick, they don't work for you, and that's fine, but for the people who prefer palm grip the additional grip support actually makes a difference. I have tried quite a few mice, and the Logitech shape is far more than a gimmick, there's a reason why it's one of the most popular shapes of all time.

What I'm saying is; the shape is very well designed(if there's one thing Logitech does well it's functional design). It's meant for one grip style, so you won't like it if your grip differs, but it can't be that hard to see it from another angle and acknowledge that others might find it comfortable.

Offline fuzzybaffy

« Reply #48 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 11:59:38 »
I don't know... are you using a Logitech mouse right now? Which model? Didn't you say you didn't like the G700? This is what you wrote earlier:

Magicmouse requires little explanation, although some might wonder about the G700s; basically it was too heavy, all the weight was in the back while the sensor was in the front, and it did not give me a good enough grip to lift it easily and securely. I absolutely loved all the extra buttons on it, they're brilliantly designed, but for low sens gaming it was incredibly uncomfortable bordering on unusable.

Note you didn't just talk about the weight. You talked about how it didn't give you a good enough grip to lift easily and securely, and that's exactly the problems I ran into with the G700, too.

So which Logitech mouse did you find comfortable using for long periods of time? How long have you used it?

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #49 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 12:35:24 »
I don't know... are you using a Logitech mouse right now? Which model? Didn't you say you didn't like the G700? This is what you wrote earlier:

Note you didn't just talk about the weight. You talked about how it didn't give you a good enough grip to lift easily and securely, and that's exactly the problems I ran into with the G700, too.

So which Logitech mouse did you find comfortable using for long periods of time? How long have you used it?

Yeah, the G700 was too flat on the right hand side compared to the weight of it(not to mention the uneven weight distribution and poor sensor placement), so to lift it I would have to clench far harder than I should have to just to keep the rear from dropping.
This is kind of a major issue for me, as I game quite a bit and prefer low sensitivity, so I will often need to lift my mouse.

The MX518/G5/G400(s)/G500(s) all have the same shape which has a small lip on the top of the right hand side, meaning your fingers have something to lift without having to squeeze the mouse any harder. I used the G5 for several years before I started collecting, and I can't recall it ever being uncomfortable.
At the moment though I'm experiencing fatigue in my right pinky and ringfinger, so I'm using the Naga 2012 with the wide grip as that is one of the few mice I have that will just let my hand rest flat on it.
You'd probably like that, actually, it's got interchangeable grips that dramatically alter how you hold it, which is more than what can be said about the interchangeable grips on the RAT and Ouroboros. It also feels very well built, possibly the most solid Razer mouse I've tried.

Edit:
I've also used the G9x for extended periods of time with very little issue, although the grip I use to hold it does cause fatigue faster than the G400 shape.
Still, the G9x is a very comfortable mouse.
« Last Edit: Sat, 05 October 2013, 12:38:15 by vun »

Offline fuzzybaffy

« Reply #50 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 14:15:33 »
I don't know what your definition of "comfort" is... but if a mouse causes fatigue, I'll call it "uncomfortable". =P

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #51 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 14:30:21 »
I don't know what your definition of "comfort" is... but if a mouse causes fatigue, I'll call it "uncomfortable". =P

Eh, I think you'll have a hard time finding a mouse that won't cause fatigue after extensive gaming at lower sensitivity, and I have been gaming more than usual lately. Of course, for desktop work at mid-high sens it's the other way around; you'll be hard pressed to find a mouse that will cause fatigue.

Offline fuzzybaffy

« Reply #52 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 14:40:02 »
Yea... but I don't know. Logitech mice are still more uncomfortable for me. The Deathadder and Taipan been great when it comes to comfort/less fatigue.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #53 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 14:55:05 »
Yea... but I don't know. Logitech mice are still more uncomfortable for me. The Deathadder and Taipan been great when it comes to comfort/less fatigue.

And that's ok, I never said you should like Logitech mice either. Different people prefer different shapes. Me, I like most mice and can adapt to different shapes, sizes and sensitivities pretty quick, and I like variation. Hence my sizeable collection, although I figure it's large enough so I don't think it'll grow much any time soon.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #54 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 18:32:01 »
And that's ok, I never said you should like Logitech mice either. Different people prefer different shapes. Me, I like most mice and can adapt to different shapes, sizes and sensitivities pretty quick, and I like variation.

Mice in general can't all adapt to every shape of hand currently available amongst the homo-sapien, hence there is no clear cut winner in this forum.  I still know people who love their HP rodents despite their scroll wheels have died.

This place is good to air differences, reliabilities and various functions of some mice, without the propaganda getting in the way - like it has on Google.

Offline fuzzybaffy

« Reply #55 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 21:26:54 »
Wait a sec... this thread is about talking about mice that suck, so I came in here, saying, I don't like Logitech mice. And then you guys respond, specifically to me, by saying, "oh, everyone is entitled to their opinion", and then you say "but I love Logitech products"... then isn't that a suggestion that I'm not entitled to disliking Logitech products? Get out.

Mice in general can't all adapt to every shape of hand currently available amongst the homo-sapien, hence there is no clear cut winner in this forum.

Right... that much is obvious, that a mouse won't be able to accommodate all types of grips, but better to have a mouse that is comfortable for as many grips as possible, like the Taipan, as opposed to Logitech products, which, as mentioned before, with their funky curves and angles, force you to use very specific grips.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #56 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 22:36:30 »

RIGHT, from your own quote that Logitech "ARE THE BEST"  Enough said from your own mouth  :thumb: .

With THAT said, when it comes to quality... I'll agree with everyone, that Razer is absolute ****e. Almost a third of Razer mice I've owned/tried, had issues with a weak/flimsy/creaking body. They just feel... hollow, and all the pieces feel weakly put together.

POW, another smack to the gob.  Amazing I didn't have to say anything because you typed it already.  Not much to argue there at all.  Agreed with my description of Razer's rubbish and it's all for everyone to read and contemplate.  All Razer did was STEAL the original ergonomic mice from Microsoft had made in the mid-nineties and early 2000's.  So YES Razer never could re-design a classic because they're incapable of ever designing anything from scratch but their experts in stealing other companies designs.

Amazing you bi*ch and whine about everyone's assessment yet you kept shooting yourself in the foot by agreeing with everything we said.  I own quite a few mice yet I don't crown any one as being the SUPREME mouse for everyone to sell their souls for.  What is it that you require from us?  You want clarity or hope for something better, you won't.  Because that's life, when you get older you will see it and experience it as it really is.  Maybe when you do get older and experienced you won't rely on what others say and do, rely upon yourself to make the hard decisions, instead of blaming others for own indecisiveness.

For Christ sake, you want to be forced fed with opinions that only YOU want to hear.  You will never get that from me anyway, so get over it  8) .
« Last Edit: Sat, 05 October 2013, 22:42:50 by Elrick »

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #57 on: Sun, 06 October 2013, 01:24:13 »
I would have to say the worst mouse ever is any mouse.

Drop the mouse and pick up the trackball....your hands and wrist will thank you.

But in defense of the mouse I would have to say that the Microsoft IntelliMouse 3.0 is not only comfortable but one of the best mouse for gaming out there.

Offline fuzzybaffy

« Reply #58 on: Sun, 06 October 2013, 01:49:04 »

RIGHT, from your own quote that Logitech "ARE THE BEST"  Enough said from your own mouth  :thumb: .

With THAT said, when it comes to quality... I'll agree with everyone, that Razer is absolute ****e. Almost a third of Razer mice I've owned/tried, had issues with a weak/flimsy/creaking body. They just feel... hollow, and all the pieces feel weakly put together.

POW, another smack to the gob.  Amazing I didn't have to say anything because you typed it already.  Not much to argue there at all.  Agreed with my description of Razer's rubbish and it's all for everyone to read and contemplate.  All Razer did was STEAL the original ergonomic mice from Microsoft had made in the mid-nineties and early 2000's.  So YES Razer never could re-design a classic because they're incapable of ever designing anything from scratch but their experts in stealing other companies designs.

Amazing you bi*ch and whine about everyone's assessment yet you kept shooting yourself in the foot by agreeing with everything we said.  I own quite a few mice yet I don't crown any one as being the SUPREME mouse for everyone to sell their souls for.  What is it that you require from us?  You want clarity or hope for something better, you won't.  Because that's life, when you get older you will see it and experience it as it really is.  Maybe when you do get older and experienced you won't rely on what others say and do, rely upon yourself to make the hard decisions, instead of blaming others for own indecisiveness.

For Christ sake, you want to be forced fed with opinions that only YOU want to hear.  You will never get that from me anyway, so get over it  8) .

Wait a minute... let's not get things confused here.

I was the one who first posted, that I didn't like Logitech products. YOU came in, to reply specifically to me, that everyone is entitled to their opinions, and that Logitech products are good. That's you telling me, that I'm not allowed to dislike Logitech products.

It's not me who has a problem with you who likes Logitech. It's you who has a problem with me disliking Logitech.

One more thing:

READING COMPREHENSION, PLEASE. PLEASE RE-READ WHAT I WROTE:

I was complementing Logitech when it comes to BUILD QUALITY. THIS IS NOT THE SAME AS SHAPE. ALL MY CRITICISMS REGARDING LOGITECH WERE REGARDING SHAPE.

I HAVE ALSO SAID, THAT ALTHOUGH I BELIEVE RAZER HAS TERRIBLE BUILD QUALITY, I THINK THE SHAPE OF THEIR MICE IS EXCELLENT. THE IDEA THAT RAZER MICE HAS BETTER SHAPE THAN LOGITECH MICE WAS THE POINT OF OUR ARGUMENT, NOT BUILD QUALITY. ME SAYING THAT LOGITECH HAS THE BEST QUALITY IS NOT IN ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM, ME SAYING THAT THEY HAVE THE BEST MICE.

Now that I've proven your lack of reading comprehension, I believe this argument is game over. Thank you, good night.
« Last Edit: Sun, 06 October 2013, 01:58:28 by fuzzybaffy »

Offline fuzzybaffy

« Reply #59 on: Sun, 06 October 2013, 02:00:12 »
As far as I know, this thread is about mice that suck. I think Logitech mice suck. As far as I know, you are telling me, that I can't dislike Logitech. That means you're being off-topic. Go screw yourselves.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #60 on: Sun, 06 October 2013, 03:09:35 »
But in defense of the mouse I would have to say that the Microsoft IntelliMouse 3.0 is not only comfortable but one of the best mouse for gaming out there.

Definitely, Microsoft Intellimouse 3.0 was the last decent mouse ever created, certainly they should get the mantle for at least making a rodent that's copied by many companies today.  Unfortunately the copiers can not capture the quality nor the essence of their design completely.  It still stands as what WAS done rather than what to look forward to from any other company making mice these days.

I still have two packed away in some desk, might try and break them out of packaging and use them.

Offline xolectic

« Reply #61 on: Sun, 17 November 2013, 20:45:55 »
I would have to say the worst mouse ever is any mouse.

Drop the mouse and pick up the trackball....your hands and wrist will thank you.

I used to be a trackball fanatic, but I went back to mice, and now I don't even know where my trackballs are laying around.  For FPS games, the trackball was good enough to play older twitchy FPS games like Quake 3 and UT, but never as good as a real mouse.  For some strange reason, almost every mouse that I have used since (except the G400s) has actually caused LESS hand/arm/wrist pain than the five trackballs that I have owned.  I prefer Logitech products to other brands for both mice and trackballs.  I prefer ambidextrous mice, I just bought a Logitech G100s and I will post about it once I try it out.  I have heard many positive things about it, but many sites have not mentioned it.  I would agree that the Mighty Mouse is horrible, I had to use it a lot in high school.  I didn't hate the hockey puck mouse that I had to use in elementary/middle school nearly as much. 
« Last Edit: Sun, 17 November 2013, 21:00:53 by xolectic »

Offline theMANtonio

• Go Hawks
« Reply #62 on: Wed, 20 November 2013, 19:20:50 »
I agree that the Apple Mice are really bad. The Magic Mouse was only good for tracking, everything else about it sucked. The Magic TrackPad is nice if you're used to the MacBook trackpads.

But other than that, sucks.

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #63 on: Sun, 24 November 2013, 12:17:47 »
As much as I loathe Microsoft Windows, I agree that microsoft mice aren't the worst by far. Yes, that Apple Round Mouse is really annoying to use. But the girls I knew all loved them, though. Round = cute.

Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #64 on: Sun, 24 November 2013, 16:47:49 »
But the girls I knew all loved them, though. Round = cute.

YES the girls all loved them because they where designed to be insertable.....  I'll let you work that one out  :p .

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
« Reply #65 on: Sun, 24 November 2013, 17:31:25 »
The three mice in the OP still feel way better than this version.

It's just really horrible all around.
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline theMANtonio

• Go Hawks
« Reply #66 on: Mon, 25 November 2013, 11:17:07 »

Show Image

I don't mind this one as much as the Apple Mouse with a gummed up scroll wheel (middle one in the OP). When that scroll wheel got dirty, it just felt so nasty  ???

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #67 on: Mon, 25 November 2013, 13:16:13 »

Show Image

I don't mind this one as much as the Apple Mouse with a gummed up scroll wheel (middle one in the OP). When that scroll wheel got dirty, it just felt so nasty  ???

That is true of many scroll wheels.

The old Microsoft ones (back on ball mouses) used to get shiny pretty quickly, and your finger would slide over them instead of spinning the wheel.

Offline SUPER432

« Reply #68 on: Mon, 25 November 2013, 22:14:12 »

Show Image

The ones with the little Blackberry style ball? Nasty, and guaranteed to get clogged up or break at some point.

Same thing with putting them on phones - who thought this was a good idea?!

Offline theMANtonio

• Go Hawks
« Reply #69 on: Mon, 25 November 2013, 23:57:43 »

Show Image

The ones with the little Blackberry style ball? Nasty, and guaranteed to get clogged up or break at some point.

Same thing with putting them on phones - who thought this was a good idea?!

Yup -- That exact thing. Gives me the creeps just thinking about cleaning them. I worked at an Apple Retail Store for 4 years.. So much time trying to get those things clean again  >:(

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #70 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 06:28:09 »
If you were trying to trick me into going down a certain route, it didn't work.

Girls loved these mice because they could be swapped left and right on the keyboard without troublesome reinstalling or restarting the computer. Am I right? Back then these were the first USB mice for the masses.

YES the girls all loved them because they where designed to be insertable.....  I'll let you work that one out  :p .
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #71 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 20:30:49 »

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #72 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 06:15:25 »

Show Image

Absolutely.. Got one of those for work and my hand started hurting within a week. They are horrendously unergonomic.
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline Canious

« Reply #73 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 22:43:08 »
All of the above. LOL

Seeing those pictures brings back old memories from middle school tho

Offline cinnamoncider

• Thorpies are snappy
  • No clack; no life.
« Reply #74 on: Sun, 22 December 2013, 02:28:44 »
Apple's Magic Mouse - nuff said  :-[

Offline colinm478

« Reply #75 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 15:53:00 »
I can't name a really bad one besides any apple has made. They are so obsessed with aesthetics that they will sacrifice functionality. Proof:
Hockey puck
Mighty mouse
Magic mouse

They. all. ****ing. suck.

As for got tier amazing mice, corsair m60.

It's heaven, the top feels slightly rubberized, and the sides are a hard plastic with texture feel. It is great for palmers like me, has a few extra buttons, but not an insane amount. Oh, and the scroll wheel never gets sticky/gross. It's all around an amazing mouse. <3

Offline MunkyCheez

« Reply #76 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 18:51:16 »
I actually really like the Mighty Mouse. I have small-to-medium-sized hands, and I use a claw grip, which seems to be the key to liking some of these Apple mice. The scroll ball is wonderful to use. I use a wired Mighty Mouse on my everyday system. The older Apple mice are okay too, but their lack of right and middle buttons limits their practical use on newer systems. I haven't used my Apple "Puck" Mouse for at least ten years, and while I don't remember it being particularly terrible, I do remember it sometimes being hard to determine the exact angle of the mouse without actually looking at it (as another user said).

Also keep in mind that there were two versions of the Mighty Mouse: USB and Bluetooth. I own two USB models and one Bluetooth model. Their topsides appear identical; however, they are very different hardware-wise. While the wired model is pretty lightweight, the wireless version is actually quite heavy with 2 AA batteries installed (only one is required for operation). In addition, the two versions use different sensor units. The wired model has a standard optical engine driven by a red LED, while the wireless model uses a laser engine with higher DPI. Besides the obvious hardware differences between the two, I've also noticed some other unique characteristics that are seemingly undocumented:
  • The wireless model seems to track more slowly than the wired model on the same tracking speed settings, at least in Mac OS X.
  • Both versions of the Mighty Mouse utilize an internal piezoelectric speaker to make faint "clicking" noises when the scrollball is rotated. The wireless model's speaker seems to be louder and more distinct.
  • The scrollball and clicking action of the wireless model seem to be stiffer than those of the wired model.
I'm not sure if it always is this way, or if it's just the specific units I own. But the differences are definitely there.

I currently use a Microsoft Basic Optical Mouse V2.0 at home
I have one of these, and also the V1. They seem to have a common problem of the cursor jumping around the screen every once in a while, even if the mouse is stationary. I've experienced this many times on both versions... have you ever noticed it? I'm curious if it only affects certain units or if it's a defect found in each and every one of them.
Beige Scorpius-35, 2x Model M, SpaceSaver II, Black AT101W, Keytronic Rubberdome, a few others...

Offline MunkyCheez

« Reply #77 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 18:56:24 »

Yup -- That exact thing. Gives me the creeps just thinking about cleaning them. I worked at an Apple Retail Store for 4 years.. So much time trying to get those things clean again  >:(

Wow, this is surprising to hear. I've always loved how easy the Mighty Mouse's trackball was to clean (I use one on my everyday system). Just hold the mouse upside-down and roll the ball unidirectionally across a piece of blank paper. Always worked a charm for my mice -- I usually have to do this once or twice a year because it eventually does gum up inside.
Beige Scorpius-35, 2x Model M, SpaceSaver II, Black AT101W, Keytronic Rubberdome, a few others...

Offline Nojo

« Reply #78 on: Tue, 24 December 2013, 02:03:16 »
Apple's Magic Mouse - nuff said  :-[

+1

That being said, I hate the squeaky mouse wheel of Razer mouse as well  :'(

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #79 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 11:56:56 »
I think that the Apple "Mighty Mouse" is worse than the Magic mouse. But not by much. They're both pieces of ****.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #80 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 11:59:19 »
Every Apple mouse I've had to use (by force) was the worst mouse I've used. Every time I tried to right click, it would just left click automatically. :)

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #81 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 14:25:13 »
Everything by apple or the ones laptops come with.
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #82 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 16:29:29 »
I bought a small USB mouse for my laptop and for some reason went with a £20 Microsoft one.

You know a mouse is bad when it hurts to use. My little finger would get serious cramp because there was absolutely nowhere to put it and it would be bent up like a mother****er.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #83 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 16:37:52 »
I bought a small USB mouse for my laptop and for some reason went with a £20 Microsoft one.

You know a mouse is bad when it hurts to use. My little finger would get serious cramp because there was absolutely nowhere to put it and it would be bent up like a mother****er.
Well, G400 must be the worst mouse I've ever used in that case.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #84 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 17:59:37 »
Well, the R.A.T. is by far the ugliest mouse ever. I hear it's a good mouse though, so....

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #85 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 20:38:40 »
Well, the R.A.T. is by far the ugliest mouse ever. I hear it's a good mouse though, so....

It has a PTE sensor though which is meh

Offline fknraiden

« Reply #86 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 21:01:28 »
Just switched over to the g602 from a sensei. All of you hating on the Logitech is kinda scary. Just got it today and trying to get used to the full palm style.

IBM SSK 87'     ReAlForce 55g Silent 10AE

Offline Lain1911

• God of the Wired
« Reply #87 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 21:52:49 »
Show Image

I remember having to use these in school.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #88 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 22:10:45 »
All of you hating on the Logitech is kinda scary.

You should see the rampant Razer hate here as well  ;D .  All things considered, Logitech sells more because it's available everywhere hence the wide ranging emotions from God-like status to out right Haterage.

But this is Geekhack and it's quite normal for quite sane people to suddenly become fanboys or trolls with what they own/despise  :thumb: .
« Last Edit: Thu, 15 May 2014, 22:12:54 by Elrick »

Offline blackbox

« Reply #89 on: Fri, 16 May 2014, 01:03:15 »
not a big fan of apple mighty mouse as many others here arent as well. Sometimes a work at a flee market and when I pick up a old mouse from microsoft with a greasy scroll wheel that qualifies as a very bad mouse. I do not see why you would need a soft scroll wheel.
Keyboards: Dell AT102W (matias standard clicky), Maltron two-hand 3D fully ergonomic keyboard (Vintage MX Black). CM QF XT (MX Grey) IBM model M

The LAN table!
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=62536.0

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #90 on: Fri, 16 May 2014, 01:36:20 »
While the last Mac mouse I used was one of the old square ones from the late 90's I can't really comment on them as they were the only thing I was exposed to at the time.  But the mice I can't stand using are anything "travel sized".
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #91 on: Sat, 17 May 2014, 04:21:12 »
While the last Mac mouse I used was one of the old square ones from the late 90's I can't really comment on them as they were the only thing I was exposed to at the time.

I still remember the single button model from the mid to late 80's which had the ADB connector, which I actually liked.  They where of course mechanical ball input devices but where extremely comfortable before I got to using anything from Logitech or Microsoft.  Yes I started out using Apple Power Computers before I released that Microsoft Computers had even existed at my time in life.

I still lament giving up on Apple Computers but now I still can never go back to them, simply because of my current choice.

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #92 on: Mon, 19 May 2014, 13:58:58 »
While the last Mac mouse I used was one of the old square ones from the late 90's I can't really comment on them as they were the only thing I was exposed to at the time.

I still remember the single button model from the mid to late 80's which had the ADB connector, which I actually liked.  They where of course mechanical ball input devices but where extremely comfortable before I got to using anything from Logitech or Microsoft.  Yes I started out using Apple Power Computers before I released that Microsoft Computers had even existed at my time in life.

I still lament giving up on Apple Computers but now I still can never go back to them, simply because of my current choice.

Interesting how you described that mouse there....turns out that I have reviewed that very model on this forum!
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=46529.0

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #93 on: Thu, 22 May 2014, 22:54:15 »
Interesting how you described that mouse there....turns out that I have reviewed that very model on this forum!
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=46529.0

That example you provided is the oldest mouse that was available for Macintosh's from 1984 to 1987.  I'm talking about the rounded-style of adb mice that were bundled with Apple Powermac 8600 and 9600/300 models in 1997.  That is the mouse I used for at least 6 years until I upgraded/sidegraded to a microsoft WMO.

YES the one you had mentioned is foul to use simply because it wasn't nice to use for long periods of time.  I always hated using those older ones and took great pride in opening them up and stealing the balls out of them  :thumb: .

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #94 on: Fri, 23 May 2014, 08:38:42 »
I was using some of these crappy mice the other day:

I never even knew that Apple still made them. They're absolute pieces of ****.

Offline axiosjackson

« Reply #95 on: Thu, 29 May 2014, 00:27:41 »
Well I haven't really used that many mice, but for me the worst is the magic mouse. My friend has one and likes it but it just hurts my hand.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #96 on: Thu, 29 May 2014, 01:59:43 »
Well I haven't really used that many mice, but for me the worst is the magic mouse. My friend has one and likes it but it just hurts my hand.

Because Jobsie the moron thought that everyone's hand needs to be sitting low in a near flat position on the desk.  Horrible ergonomics is what Jobsie unleashed onto the world and it didn't matter if it had an Apple Logo selling it.

Offline James35

« Reply #97 on: Sun, 01 June 2014, 22:32:54 »
My vote for the worst mouse ever is also the Apple single button mouse. I can appreciate when Apple tries to simplify their OS for the average users, I get that.  But it's a slap in the face to our intelligence when they say you can never have options or preferences (because we aren't smart enough to handle it apparently).  Apple products can be simplified out of the box, but let me have options and preferences in the control panel if I choose to. The single button mouse was shocking to me when I saw it. From that moment on, I never liked Apple.
« Last Edit: Sun, 01 June 2014, 22:37:01 by James35 »

Offline Johan

« Reply #98 on: Mon, 02 June 2014, 07:09:52 »
I actually really like low mice, It probably the main reason why I bought the salmosa asian edition(a little too small for me, lenght wise). They just feel natural for me to use while playing rts games or anything where you need to make boxes with stuff. Its probably the sole reason why I'm having a hard time getting used to the kana v2 and g100 also the reason why I hate my g400.
Uh, stuff.

Offline Prelim

« Reply #99 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 14:37:03 »
worst mouse ever is the fake deathadder my mate bought from eBay.... crap sensor, crap chassis, what a mess!
http://www.overclock.net/t/1324292/warning-fake-deathadders-around
2x GH60 revC - lubed Linjärs 65g / lubed H1s 65g with SPRIT 5mm acrylic plate | Dolch PAC - Cherry housing / Gateron sliders 65g and QMK clips | Raptor K1 G80-1890 stock 
Floating on Cherry/GMK caps - White on Black, Classic Beige, Dolch, Olivetti, Alcatel MMK, Hellgrau

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #100 on: Sun, 13 July 2014, 16:51:33 »

worst mouse ever is the fake deathadder my mate bought from eBay.... crap sensor, crap chassis, what a mess!
are they on ebay only?
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #101 on: Sun, 13 July 2014, 18:51:48 »

Or is that just Razer quality control slipping again?

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #102 on: Sun, 13 July 2014, 22:08:44 »

Or is that just Razer quality control slipping again?

Yeah, best avoid anything selling as DA on Ebay.  If it's too cheap then stay away from it, because it's bound to be a fake with very good Razer Graphics applied.

Although there are some mice that love to copy the essential shape of a DA and remain quite good in quality compared to any of Razer's Gear, hence the cheap no-name mice might be a better deal now that Razer has decided to rip everyone off with substandard equipment.

Offline deltuhhh

« Reply #103 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 01:13:42 »
The Steelseries Sensei. That thing was just a PoS. Also, the weird looking Mac one with the tiny ball as the scroll "wheel". Oh god.

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #104 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 10:25:08 »
I just used the touchpad on a new Macbook PRO the other day. Worst thing ever. I had to press on the thing ridiculously hard just to register a click. When will APPLE find somebody with an IQ greater than 3 to design their pointing devices?

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #105 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 19:18:10 »
When will APPLE find somebody with an IQ greater than 3 to design their pointing devices?

Maybe they should hire someone from the Razer Camp to do some good work for them  ;) .

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #106 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 04:11:40 »
That actually doesn't sound all that ridiculous (well, it does, but)—they've already acquired Beats, a brand with even worse reputation than Razer.

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #107 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 08:09:20 »
When will APPLE find somebody with an IQ greater than 3 to design their pointing devices?

Maybe they should hire someone from the Razer Camp to do some good work for them  ;) .

Or why not Microsoft? Oh wait, the people at Microsoft are too smart to work at a joke of a company like CRAPPLE. I reckon the folks at Razer are as well.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #108 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 08:17:34 »
Isn't Microsoft firing like 18k people these days?

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #109 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 08:32:57 »
Isn't Microsoft firing like 18k people these days?

That's because they're more efficient.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #110 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 08:39:01 »
They could reallocate them other projects though. Like development of Win95 Anniversary Edition.

Offline padath

« Reply #111 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 08:41:20 »
The worst, most un-ergonomic mouse that I ever used was the Nidd Valley Digimouse that I had on my BBC Micro in the 1980's.

« Last Edit: Tue, 22 July 2014, 16:59:33 by padath »

Offline deltuhhh

« Reply #112 on: Sat, 19 July 2014, 20:59:41 »
The worst, most un-ergonomic mouse that I ever used was the Nidd Valley Digimouse that I had on my BBC Micro in the 1980's.

oh god wtf is that

Offline Kiwi_321

« Reply #113 on: Mon, 21 July 2014, 01:34:05 »
The Gigabyte Aivia Krypton was pretty underwhelming. Classic example of all the bells and whistles aimed at '1337 gamerz,' and then no basic performance..

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #114 on: Mon, 21 July 2014, 17:24:39 »

oh god wtf is that

How the F are you supposed to use it? With the cord facing towards you? With fingers? With your hand even?
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline padath

« Reply #115 on: Tue, 22 July 2014, 03:16:56 »
How the F are you supposed to use it? With the cord facing towards you? With fingers? With your hand even?

I can't remember as it is so long ago but I think you just had to have the cable running out towards you. Remember that this was the the BBC Micro which was a computer with a built in keyboard so the mouse cable did not have to run to a box on the floor. In fact, I think the cable plugged into the user port on the bottom of the machine!

It's certainly a far better design to run the cable out of the other end. I guess this was produced before a standard mouse design was reached. A little bit of history :)

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #116 on: Tue, 22 July 2014, 08:40:19 »
That mouse is still better than a single button APPLE mouse. Especially those hockey puck ones with their round shape that get turned the wrong way too easily.

Offline ShawnMeg

« Reply #117 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 00:37:05 »
Show Image

I had a couple of those Apple mouses with the clear case (in white and black).  The white came with an old iMac G3, and the other, I salvaged from someone throwing it away.  I hated that there was no right click.  I sold them, as somehow, there are people out there who like them.

IBM Model F122 X 2 internal Soarer's || IBM Model M122 internal Soarer's || AEK II SKCM Salmon ALPS external adb_usb converter ||  AEK M0115 SKCM Orange ALPS click mod external adb_usb converter || AEK M0115 SKCM Salmon ALPS external adb_usb converter ||

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #118 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 00:52:32 »
Show Image

I had a couple of those Apple mouses with the clear case (in white and black).  The white came with an old iMac G3, and the other, I salvaged from someone throwing it away.  I hated that there was no right click.  I sold them, as somehow, there are people out there who like them.

Apples were designed not to need a right click.  But you could Ctrl-click if you needed one.

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #119 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 01:01:25 »
I have to say apple magic mouse... it is just horrible. imo, it is way too samll, and it is VERY hard to use.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #120 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 01:47:27 »
Apples were designed not to need a right click.  But you could Ctrl-click if you needed one.

Yes I remembered that, needing the keyboard to press the Ctrl-click action when enabling certain features within OS 7.

Very inefficient with time and hands usage.  The twin click mice of today are far more suitable for every type of operating system  :thumb: .

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #121 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 04:34:15 »
A DHL truck stopped by and dropped off a small package consisting of my new RMA'ed Razer 2013 mouse.

I thought about just smashing it under the wheels of my Landcruiser as I reverse down the driveway BUT I figured it would be rude to not test it out on a spare PC in my house.

So I opened the package and sure enough the latest DA 2013 was connected up and of course waiting for Synapse 2.0 to download into my system STILL pisses me off like anything (old Razer-rage).

This time as I waited for their junk bloatware to download I noticed how nice the coating was on this particular mouse compared to the cheapo-lousy one on my previous model.  Felt almost Mionix-Like as it felt really nice :o .  Of course I need to use the mouse for a few days to really see if anything has changed quality wise with this latest rma model.

I won't put this in the "Good Mouse" section because of the extreme hatred I still have for Razer Corp for selling me useless junk over the years but this latest thing might change my mind, but I doubt it.  You Geekhackers know the amount of hatred enlisted against this company for making crappy products over the years  8) .

Offline ShawnMeg

« Reply #122 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 17:51:44 »
Show Image

Well, that design sucked because a standard right click is more efficient than the Ctrl-click.  I use right click quite a bit.

IBM Model F122 X 2 internal Soarer's || IBM Model M122 internal Soarer's || AEK II SKCM Salmon ALPS external adb_usb converter ||  AEK M0115 SKCM Orange ALPS click mod external adb_usb converter || AEK M0115 SKCM Salmon ALPS external adb_usb converter ||

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #123 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 20:21:02 »
A DHL truck stopped by and dropped off a small package consisting of my new RMA'ed Razer 2013 mouse.

I thought about just smashing it under the wheels of my Landcruiser as I reverse down the driveway BUT I figured it would be rude to not test it out on a spare PC in my house.

So I opened the package and sure enough the latest DA 2013 was connected up and of course waiting for Synapse 2.0 to download into my system STILL pisses me off like anything (old Razer-rage).

This time as I waited for their junk bloatware to download I noticed how nice the coating was on this particular mouse compared to the cheapo-lousy one on my previous model.  Felt almost Mionix-Like as it felt really nice :o .  Of course I need to use the mouse for a few days to really see if anything has changed quality wise with this latest rma model.

I won't put this in the "Good Mouse" section because of the extreme hatred I still have for Razer Corp for selling me useless junk over the years but this latest thing might change my mind, but I doubt it.  You Geekhackers know the amount of hatred enlisted against this company for making crappy products over the years  8) .

You've been indoctrinated.

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #124 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 20:28:00 »
Also I'm using this ****ty mouse!
I would rate this mouse as being really ****ty.

73633-0

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #125 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 05:44:53 »
Show Image

Well, that design sucked because a standard right click is more efficient than the Ctrl-click.  I use right click quite a bit.

But the thing is that Mac OS did not need a right-click!

That is a recent addition - and I find that I do right-click a bit on Mac OS X.  Not nearly as much as on Windows though.

Offline blackbox

« Reply #126 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 07:53:07 »
Also I'm using this ****ty mouse!
I would rate this mouse as being really ****ty.

(Attachment Link)

Cant remember using a good dell mose so I agree with you.
Keyboards: Dell AT102W (matias standard clicky), Maltron two-hand 3D fully ergonomic keyboard (Vintage MX Black). CM QF XT (MX Grey) IBM model M

The LAN table!

Offline caseyandgina

« Reply #127 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 10:09:57 »
I've used hundreds of input devices over the year.  None has even come close to excelling at utter failure as much as this wonderful Microsoft creation:

Offline caseyandgina

« Reply #128 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 10:14:33 »

The middle one (Mighty Mouse) is IMHO the last decent mouse Apple made - I was happily using one until I recently had a catastrophic accident.  I quite like the omnidirectional scroll ball, which I haven't seen on any other mouse.  What's garbage is their newer touch-surface Magic Mouse.  Entirely too flat to be reasonably held, and I don't like wireless besides.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #129 on: Sat, 13 September 2014, 06:46:19 »
I've used hundreds of input devices over the year.  None has even come close to excelling at utter failure as much as this wonderful Microsoft creation:

Show Image

You'd have to have big balls to use something like that!

Oh, wait ...

Offline wetto

• Brazil's Keyboard Enthusiasts Representative
    • Portuguese Mechanical Keyboard Guide
« Reply #130 on: Sat, 13 September 2014, 09:09:02 »
CM Storm Devastator.

**** internals, awful sensor (IR version of the Pixart PAN 3308 with the most angle-snapping I've ever seen on a mouse) and loads of people buying it due to the backlight keyboard and how "cool" it looks.

It's an OEM project that's being sold by Cooler Master for users who can't buy proper equipment and need cheap "cool looking" pieces of chinese crap.
« Last Edit: Sat, 13 September 2014, 09:13:42 by wetto »
My collection:
More
Mice: Logitech G602, CM Storm Recon, CM Storm Spawn, Razer Naga, Ozone Radon Opto, Corsair M60, Tesoro Gandiva, CM Storm Alcor, Mionix Naos 8200.
Keyboards: Matias Secure Pro, Matias Mini Quiet Pro, custom modded Metadot Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (MX Brown, Costar), CM Storm Trigger (MX Brown), Noppoo Choc Mini (MX Red), Tesoro Lobera G5NFL Supreme, CM Storm Devastator.
Soon: CM Storm Quick Fire TK (MX Brown), CM Storm Trigger Z.
Boards I don't own anymore: CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid (MX Black), Logitech K800 (Membrane), Logitech G710+ (MX Brown), Thermaltake Meka G-Unit (MX Black), Corsair K70 (MX Red).
Mice I don't own anymore: Logitech G9x MW3, Corsair M65, Logitech G700, Roccat Kone Pure.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #131 on: Sat, 13 September 2014, 19:32:27 »
Picked up and re-used my DA2013 and it's back to squealing again, when used.  It's atrocious, cheap ABS plastic housing is so thin and badly engineered that when I use their mouse it starts emitting that familiar side squeaks like a choking rodent ready to snuff it.

Plus my hatred of Synapse 2.0 which has now decided to hose one of my Windows 8 installations, ahh Razer, you can always be counted upon to really fvck up a person's experience in using a PC even during 2014.

Maybe that's why I went back to using plain old Zowies, they never, ever caused any trouble or strife (maybe lucky here) to me.
« Last Edit: Sat, 13 September 2014, 19:36:27 by Elrick »

Offline blackbox

« Reply #132 on: Sun, 14 September 2014, 06:05:58 »

Show Image

Wonder why it didnt catch on..

The LAN table!

Offline caseyandgina

« Reply #133 on: Sun, 14 September 2014, 11:04:25 »

Show Image

Wonder why it didnt catch on..

Disastrous internals designed to fail on day 1. Wish I still had pictures...

Offline ADFX_Pixy

« Reply #134 on: Sat, 27 September 2014, 01:19:35 »

Show Image

I actually like the Magic Mouse for how it performs. But the ergonomics of the mouse is pretty horrific.
CM Storm Quickfire Stealth Cherry MX Brown
Mechanicalkeyboards.com MK 2016 Cherry MX Brown

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #135 on: Sat, 27 September 2014, 01:23:04 »

Show Image

I actually like the Magic Mouse for how it performs. But the ergonomics of the mouse is pretty horrific.
Sure, it looks flashy and the touch thing is "neat", but prolonged use will leave you with a very sore hand. Forget about playing any kind of game with it (obviously not it's intended purpose). And it's not even all that responsive I'm my experience.

Offline ADFX_Pixy

« Reply #136 on: Sat, 27 September 2014, 01:28:49 »

Show Image

Sure, it looks flashy and the touch thing is "neat", but prolonged use will leave you with a very sore hand. Forget about playing any kind of game with it (obviously not it's intended purpose). And it's not even all that responsive I'm my experience.

Oh yeah I agree. But it's my only mouse so I have to use it. I'm actually looking into mice right now since I have a Magic Trackpad I could use in tandem with the mouse instead of having the magic mouse by itself.
CM Storm Quickfire Stealth Cherry MX Brown
Mechanicalkeyboards.com MK 2016 Cherry MX Brown

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #137 on: Sat, 27 September 2014, 01:42:54 »

Show Image

Oh yeah I agree. But it's my only mouse so I have to use it. I'm actually looking into mice right now since I have a Magic Trackpad I could use in tandem with the mouse instead of having the magic mouse by itself.
I also have the magic track pad. I really wish it had the buttons on the top instead of the rubber feet being the buttons. It would have been perfect for sitting on the couch and controlling my computer streamed to my tv. But it needs a sturdy surface for the buttons to work.

Offline mogo

• handshoes and horse grenades
« Reply #138 on: Sat, 27 September 2014, 02:11:39 »
All of you are putting your ire for mediocre mouse through the juicer to try and squeeze out some genuine contempt, but I'm not convinced any of your mice are worthy of the title Worst Mouse Ever. caseyandgina is onto something with that yoga ball in a dog bowl, that's some hilariously bad stuff... (damn... it's so strange that I think I want one though...) But no, I submit before the jury this awful piece of plastic:

The MonsterGecko Pistol Mouse. Gah.

This thing was awful. It strained my forearm in a weird way, it's impossible to be accurate with, it confuses the fingers, the 800dpi sensor is crap on wheels, and it died after a couple months (how I went that long with it I have no idea).

Offline blackbox

« Reply #139 on: Sat, 27 September 2014, 03:09:39 »
All of you are putting your ire for mediocre mouse through the juicer to try and squeeze out some genuine contempt, but I'm not convinced any of your mice are worthy of the title Worst Mouse Ever. caseyandgina is onto something with that yoga ball in a dog bowl, that's some hilariously bad stuff... (damn... it's so strange that I think I want one though...) But no, I submit before the jury this awful piece of plastic:
Show Image

This thing was awful. It strained my forearm in a weird way, it's impossible to be accurate with, it confuses the fingers, the 800dpi sensor is crap on wheels, and it died after a couple months (how I went that long with it I have no idea).

That looks very ........ergonomic :p

The LAN table!

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #140 on: Sat, 27 September 2014, 05:13:30 »
Show Image

That looks very ........ergonomic :p

The best thing he could of done was get a Glock and shoot the fvck out of the game for real.  Nothing better than using the real thing instead of make believe bullsh1t.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #141 on: Wed, 01 October 2014, 11:36:30 »

I have a RAT 5, and it's pretty good, the side buttons are a bit weird though.

http://www.dexigner.com/news/image/21785/Microsoft_Express_Mouse_02

These ones are terrible as well. Why did anyone think it was a good idea to put the cable in that position? You aren't going to change the way the world makes it's mice...

Oh, and a guy at work uses one of these. It's seriously weird.

« Last Edit: Wed, 01 October 2014, 11:38:41 by katushkin »
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline caseyandgina

« Reply #142 on: Wed, 01 October 2014, 21:54:25 »

Show Image

I had a job interview once where the boss-to-be made me use his computer to demonstrate coding competency and he had one of these nasty bastards attached. That was the end of that interview, plenty of better employers available, thanks (there were other factors involved).

Offline blackbox

« Reply #143 on: Thu, 02 October 2014, 00:00:38 »

Show Image

I had a job interview once where the boss-to-be made me use his computer to demonstrate coding competency and he had one of these nasty bastards attached. That was the end of that interview, plenty of better employers available, thanks (there were other factors involved).

My previous job also had a bunch of those mouses. Sometimes I had to use it on the users computers. It was especially horrible since my hand didn't fit at all.

The LAN table!

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #144 on: Mon, 06 October 2014, 08:44:43 »

Show Image

My previous job also had a bunch of those mouses. Sometimes I had to use it on the users computers. It was especially horrible since my hand didn't fit at all.

Two colleagues of mine also use that 'd*ldo-mouse*.. but why? What's so special about it?
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline cookie

• Deskthority
« Reply #145 on: Mon, 06 October 2014, 11:36:08 »
Anything made by Microsoft.
I lol'ed... As much as I dislike microsoft for certain things, I indeed do give them a lot credit for one of the most legendary mice ever made. The IE3!

Apple: Every single mouse is terrible! It's ridiculous how forgiving apple fanboys are when it comes down to a good mouse shape... "Design is everything"
Razer: Bad quality, they force you to use synapse 2.0...
Logitech: They made terrible irreversible design decisions, vertical scrollwheel, shape, button overload, finish and painting... I'd describe the new G-line as "Taste and useless vomit" (It hurts my heart to see where they ended up, I loved the MX518 to death).

I'd put almost every mouse here which has a sensor with any kind of acceleration or path prediction etz... Wich has more than 5 mouse buttons (shapes which are made for left and right hand users are an exception), over 2000 dpi (even 2000 is ridiculously high)!

And imho every mouse with this crap should be burned imediately:

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #146 on: Mon, 06 October 2014, 14:30:38 »
Actually, I'd rather burn the FPS elitist crowd. Much less effort and better outcome.

Jeff Atwood on Mouse Ballistics–eat this, sensor nazis! ^_^

Offline DWawa

« Reply #147 on: Sun, 12 October 2014, 04:42:37 »
Show Image

That's a wonderful mouse, the Humvee of mice, a genuine folly. I take cruel enjoyment in the fact that, in addition to being in monstrously bad taste, it was also ergonomically horrible. Hands down my favorite post of the thread.

Offline Rebral

• .::.::.::.::.
« Reply #148 on: Thu, 23 October 2014, 21:02:40 »
I don't remember what the company was called, but my friend purchased a "gaming mouse" from ebay. It's one of those really fancy looking ones that's shaped like a spaceship, has more leds than a christmas tree and it's made by some really shady company.
I didn't care much for the shape or anything, but my only gripe was the sensor kept malfunctioning from even the simplest swipes and it had acceleration like crazy. I wanted to tell him how much of a piece of **** it was, but he paid $20 for it and looked really happy with it so I decided not to.

Offline wetto

« Reply #149 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 01:01:13 »
I finished the review on the CM Storm Devastator. Just a few specs and pictures:

Sensor: Low power infrared version of the Pixart PAN 3309DH low-end sensor, with lots of bleeding from the mouse's Blue LED (reason why some people think it uses Blue LED for the sensor instead of Red, while it's actually Infrared)
Angle-snapping: Yes, activated by default, cannot be turned off.

Refresh Rate: 125 Hz, cannot be changed by default.
Main Switches: Kaiche White switches, certified for 1M clicks. But they rarely go past 4 months of usage and they're the main reason for the RMA cases on this mouse.
Side and DPI Switches: Cheap standard square switches. Both feedback and durability are bad.
Middle Button Switch: Tactile Square Switch. Manufacturer unknown, but the durability is most likely not good.
Scroll Encoder: Scroll encoder made by an unknown (and thus most likely generic) brand called "M-LO". Steps are not well defined and the scrolling isn't really smooth either, it's almost like an optical scroll encoder.

Thus, the final score I gave to the mouse on my review, was a 2/10, the lowest score I ever gave to a peripheral up to date. I only did not give it a lower score because the external build was acceptable and it really would actually make less people believe on the review. There were already plenty of people (who do not have any knowledge about mice) who own that mouse calling me "ignorant" for giving it that score anyways...

Link for the review (Brazilian Portuguese):
http://adrenaline.uol.com.br/forum/hardwares-em-geral/543692-review-mouse-cm-storm-devastator.html
« Last Edit: Fri, 24 October 2014, 01:04:37 by wetto »
My collection:
More
Mice: Logitech G602, CM Storm Recon, CM Storm Spawn, Razer Naga, Ozone Radon Opto, Corsair M60, Tesoro Gandiva, CM Storm Alcor, Mionix Naos 8200.
Keyboards: Matias Secure Pro, Matias Mini Quiet Pro, custom modded Metadot Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (MX Brown, Costar), CM Storm Trigger (MX Brown), Noppoo Choc Mini (MX Red), Tesoro Lobera G5NFL Supreme, CM Storm Devastator.
Boards I don't own anymore: CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid (MX Black), Logitech K800 (Membrane), Logitech G710+ (MX Brown), Thermaltake Meka G-Unit (MX Black), Corsair K70 (MX Red).
Mice I don't own anymore: Logitech G9x MW3, Corsair M65, Logitech G700, Roccat Kone Pure.

Offline pksk

« Reply #150 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 01:04:26 »
I briefly owned a Logitech Performance MX and geez, what a piece of junk. I had it for ten minutes before the scroll switcher broke and the wheel would turn freely, scrolling up and down at it's leisure. Also, it felt so, so cheap- that thin, light plastic flexed under the pressure of my hand made it feel like it was worth about $10.

Maybe it's not as bad, maybe I got a dud, but when you pay $80 for a mouse, it had better be fantastic.

Offline DasHHKBProM

« Reply #151 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 01:05:06 »
razer-orochi

http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-mice/razer-orochi

horrible bluetooth communication,  the crappy apple one is better than this thing, and this is suppose to be a Gaming mouse.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #152 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 01:20:47 »
I finished the review on the CM Storm Devastator.

There were already plenty of people (who do not have any knowledge about mice) who own that mouse calling me "ignorant" for giving it that score anyways...

You told the truth what more could be said here.  Anyone criticizing you were LOSERS who bought that horrible piece of sh1t and it highlighted their complete stupidity and tight-arse ignorance, hence they were thoroughly embarrassed  :p .

I have never bought any CM input devices just yet but I would rather stick with the main players like Razer, Logitech, Roccat and Zowie than waste money on a CM mouse.
« Last Edit: Fri, 24 October 2014, 01:22:46 by Elrick »

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #153 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 06:29:12 »
I have never bought any CM input devices just yet but I would rather stick with the main players like Razer, Logitech, Roccat and Zowie than waste money on a CM mouse.
Roccat or Zowie main players, rekt.

Razer, lol. Look inside a spawn, alcor or recon before making such statements.

Offline ConscienceDrop

• a-are these pbt?
« Reply #154 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 08:38:34 »
Mice in general are all terrible. Even the g400 has some big issue with poor quality components and mushy buttons.
A lot of g400 become unusable, but for whatever reason some last so the g400 acolytes just say " mines been working 3 years lol seems fine to me "

Currently using corsair m45, it's about the same level as g400

But to be honest all mice are ****. I've never felt what I thought to be a truely well designed and study mouse

Offline wetto

« Reply #155 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 09:02:59 »
I finished the review on the CM Storm Devastator.

There were already plenty of people (who do not have any knowledge about mice) who own that mouse calling me "ignorant" for giving it that score anyways...

You told the truth what more could be said here.  Anyone criticizing you were LOSERS who bought that horrible piece of sh1t and it highlighted their complete stupidity and tight-arse ignorance, hence they were thoroughly embarrassed  :p .

The CM Storm Devastator was not made by CM Storm. It's an OEM project that's made by a chinese company for the lowest price possible, thus has no relationship with any of their other devices.

Seriously, comparing it with a CM Storm Alcor is like comparing heaven and hell. Their peripherals are not crap, as soon as they're made by one of their good teams, such as the CM Storm USA development team (Spawn, Xornet, Alcor, Recon, Mizar) and not the guys from Europe (Reaper, Havoc), the old development team (Sentinel series, Inferno...) or premade chinese hardware (Devastator, Octane).

I seriously wouldn't recommend getting anything made by the European dev team or the chinese stuff, but I can vouch for you that the stuff Carter and his american colleagues make are top-notch.

Which is why I find it even more stupid when people criticize the review, I even point stuff like this out...
« Last Edit: Fri, 24 October 2014, 09:08:11 by wetto »
My collection:
More

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #156 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 10:45:34 »

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #157 on: Tue, 28 October 2014, 03:37:32 »
I seriously wouldn't recommend getting anything made by the European dev team or the chinese stuff, but I can vouch for you that the stuff Carter and his american colleagues make are top-notch.

Thanks for pointing that out to me, I never knew CM was spread about the world like this using different design teams - so horribly.  I knew the US crew would shine over all the others simply because they know something about making decent input devices  ;) .

Now I've got to get me some US designed mice......

Offline wetto

« Reply #158 on: Tue, 28 October 2014, 05:04:35 »

Thanks for pointing that out to me, I never knew CM was spread about the world like this using different design teams - so horribly.  I knew the US crew would shine over all the others simply because they know something about making decent input devices  ;) .

Now I've got to get me some US designed mice......

A good part of the CM US team came over from the Steelseries USA dev team which was dismissed back in 2010, it's not really a matter of countries or whatnot, just experience. Also, that's one of the reasons why Steelseries hasn't released many peripherals over the last years (especially mechanical keyboards), their peripheral development department took a huge hit when they dismissed that team.

That's why a new brand (CM Storm) was able to conquer a good part of the mechanical keyboard market and make their name famous on the mice market. Even though they were rookies back in 2010 and 2011, they already knew what they were supposed to do, with ofc, the exception of the old development team which created all the CM Storm Sentinel fiasco.

And yes, the US development team made the Rapid, Stealth, XT, TK, Trigger and the Novatouch keyboards, which have been a huge hit.
« Last Edit: Tue, 28 October 2014, 06:53:19 by wetto »
My collection:
More