Author Topic: It's in the mail...  (Read 2306737 times)

Offline koalapear

• Actually hates koalas.
Re: It's in the mail...
« Reply #4900 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 16:53:46 »
I have a Calm Depths set headed my way. I'm really excited to finally try out SA profile!
'91 Model M SSK | NerD 60 (MX Greens) | Realforce 87U 55g | Winkeyless B.87 (MX Greens) | Monarch Matias Custom | HHKB | Duck Octagon (67g Zealios)

Offline MTManiac

• can't is the cancer of happen
« Reply #4901 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 17:07:23 »
I bought a Keycool 84s with clears. Will be my first mechanical.....figured if I hate it it shouldn't be any problem selling it. I already have my eye on 2 or 3 more......this is madness.....

Pretty soon you'll have more keyboards than you have fingers and toes, and you'll love each and every one of them!

Maybe, I also just got in the massdrop for a poker II with clears. Im not even sure Ill like the 60% size but I figured I shouldn't pass the deal up. Plus I want to see what the hubub is about with the pokers. Worst case Ill use it as my work keyboard.

I just wish one of them was getting here sooner.
Congrats! I was eying that poker II on MD and was sooo tempted, but I already have way too many projects going on. Plus, I'm willing to bet they'll do another drop with how fast this one sold out.
60% boards are all about your macros, once you get used to ctrl-this alt-that function layer 1,2,3... jazz you'll love it. You become one with the board and your productivity increases. If you hunt and peck, you'll probably hate it.
Oh man, that's what happened to my ducky 87, work board for long typing. It's so damn sensitive I can't program on it (use my QFR instead) or resting my fingers on keys will sometimes accidentally press them. For touch typing or copying long drafts it's absolutely amazing though. Love the sound it makes.

On topic.... I have some old grey IBM donor boards in the mail that I am going to hack up to make a 60% case(s) to go with some old vintage switches I've been meaning to get around to, tbh I'll probably start/practice with a QFR plate (chopped of course) and hand wire the switches.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #4902 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 19:32:59 »
I really wanted to jump on that orange blank, but after buying my sprit springs and the bro and fn I bought this week, my fiance will murder me if I spend anymore money before vacation without selling something.
I've had to worry less about my gf being critical about my keyboard/keycap purchases after she got into natural beauty products. That stuff is expensive and runs out way faster than e.g., thin ABS keycaps

Normally, it's not a problem, but we're going on vacation next weekend, and we need to make sure we have all of the necessary funds. My paycheck tomorrow takes care of almost everything, but just wanna have a small contingency fund as well.

Ya. I am going to have a massive reno this fall in my new house. I will need to sell some builds to afford anything for a while.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #4903 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 19:35:02 »
somewhat off topic, is anyone else experiencing extremely delayed USPS tracking updates? The Dolly cap I received last week did not even say it had been accepted by USPS until AFTER it was in my hands -__-, and my order from Binge is saying that they received a package yesterday morning but nothing else since then. This has been going on for about a month >:(

I have, but only if my packages go through LA. At least that is what it seems.

Offline Doyniish

• Good you
    • Power Hour Playlists
« Reply #4904 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 20:54:10 »
Happy early birthday to me. Got a good deal on it with the education discount. I like the looks of it better than the 4.

Offline divito

« Reply #4905 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 22:53:44 »
Happy early birthday to me. Got a good deal on it with the education discount. I like the looks of it better than the 4.

Show Image

Was my first mechanical. Enjoy!
Varmilo (MX Grey) KeyCool 87 (MX Clear) Quickfire Stealth (MX Green)

Offline Aidenknives

« Reply #4906 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 23:26:05 »

Show Image

What education discount?

Offline Belfong

« Reply #4907 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 01:46:07 »
Looks like my F2 Blue CC is finally here! I will get it tomorrow. This guy left Chicago and flew somewhere, then came back to Chicago, flew out again to somewhere (I assume when the tracking said that it is "Processed through International Sort Facility" means that it went INTL. After it left Chicago for the second time, there was no news for almost 30 days and suddenly the tracking showed that it landed in Miami. And then it left Miami for God knows where and I have already write it off as lost and today the tracking said that it is in Malaysia! What an adventure!

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #4908 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 01:56:09 »
Looks like my F2 Blue CC is finally here! I will get it tomorrow. This guy left Chicago and flew somewhere, then came back to Chicago, flew out again to somewhere (I assume when the tracking said that it is "Processed through International Sort Facility" means that it went INTL. After it left Chicago for the second time, there was no news for almost 30 days and suddenly the tracking showed that it landed in Miami. And then it left Miami for God knows where and I have already write it off as lost and today the tracking said that it is in Malaysia! What an adventure!

Wow that's great news Belfong! That CC has seen some things..

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4909 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 02:04:06 »

Travelled further than Bob has in his adventures!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4910 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 02:17:10 »

Glad you are finally receiving it!  I would be very sad if I picked up a sweet artisan keycap only for it to go missing

Offline Belfong

« Reply #4911 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 02:29:45 »
Thanks. I'll take photo and show all of you. I hope it's not 'battle damage' at all.

Offline clacktalk

• CLACKS RULE EVERYTHING AROUND ME
  • circa 2015
« Reply #4912 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 03:01:56 »
Gotta add a DataVac to my list of things on the way or soon to be on their way. I've been wanting one for so long! I can't wait to eradicate everything of dust and nasty stuff : ]

I need to figure out what other essential tools I should have so I can just invest all in one go and make my life easier.
diary of a clacktalk

franktalk: how much urine have u spilled
radio_killah: too much frank
radio_killah: too much

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
« Reply #4913 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 03:04:51 »
- Granite Set
- 2 Pexon cables (Gold and MDPC Dark Grey; both coiled) Got it
- Screws and stuff for IBM model M bolt mod operation Got it

And a CC mint gum WASD set, but i don't know if it's shipped yet, or if the seller is even alive.

Still waiting for my Granite set, Austrian customs are slow.
And i just don't want to think of that mint gum WASD set.
... ...

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #4914 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 04:14:41 »
An Acer keyboard, hopefully mechanical.

PVC ErgoDox case. The excitement!

Offline Belfong

« Reply #4915 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 04:15:09 »

Bob's adventures are foodie stuff.
My F2 Blue (I should give him a name) is like a illegal stowaway!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4916 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 05:18:21 »

Bob's adventures are foodie stuff.
My F2 Blue (I should give him a name) is like a illegal stowaway!

If only he could speak of teh adventures he has had, the sights he has seen!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #4917 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 08:55:35 »
A Xerox keyboard that, hopefully, has Brown Alps and if it doesn't should have some other interesting Alps.  I'll be pissed if it's White Alps or rubber dome.  Also a Marquette keyboard with unknown MX switches, but that appears to have an MX Lock switch.

Offline Doyniish

• Good you
    • Power Hour Playlists
« Reply #4918 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 10:24:27 »

Show Image

What education discount?

20% off and a free T-Shirt!

Offline blackbox

« Reply #4919 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 11:19:36 »
3 of these fans:

I am going to use them in my 4U server that is going to be a nas. I will replace the noisy stock fans so that I have a quiet server I can have In my living room.
Keyboards: Dell AT102W (matias standard clicky), Maltron two-hand 3D fully ergonomic keyboard (Vintage MX Black). CM QF XT (MX Grey) IBM model M

The LAN table!
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=62536.0

Offline TLSC.wipeOut

• "Who dares, wins"
« Reply #4920 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 12:37:43 »
Waiting on my AKG Q701 headphones from the recent Massdrop =D
OTD 456GT with Lubricated 68g Gold Spring MX Clears and GMK Dolch Keycap set

WTB: KMAC2 kit

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #4921 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 12:41:55 »

;D
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline SaySo

« Reply #4922 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 12:49:26 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 July 2018, 12:43:53 by SaySo »

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #4923 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 14:11:14 »
Show Image

;D

Wooo!  Glad to see you got it.  Now the long wait from Cyprus.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #4924 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 14:17:40 »
Wooo!  Glad to see you got it.  Now the long wait from Cyprus.
Thanks dudes. Should be here next week actually. The postage was so expensive because it's express.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #4925 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 15:12:19 »
3 of these fans:
Show Image

I am going to use them in my 4U server that is going to be a nas. I will replace the noisy stock fans so that I have a quiet server I can have In my living room.

Scythe Typhoon has higher pressure to db ratio..

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4926 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 15:13:20 »
USPS needs to hurry up and bring me my Binge caps, it doesnt take 4 days to get from Pennsylvania to Tennessee

Offline Kraksx

« Reply #4927 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 15:14:11 »
3 of these fans:
Show Image

Noctuaaaaa, I really like these fans but I'm not sure if I can justify the price

Poker II

Offline Sniping

« Reply #4928 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 15:15:33 »
3 of these fans:
Show Image

Too bad the AP15's aren't readily available anymore :(

Offline Hundrakia

« Reply #4929 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 15:22:46 »
My first mech, the poker ii from massdrop!

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #4930 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 15:24:04 »
3 of these fans:
Show Image

I can't stand GTs/Nidec Servos.  They get a thrumming  harmonic resonance going that drives me insane.  I love my $6 PWM CoolJag Everflows though.  Quiet up to 2k RPM and killer static pressure.

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4931 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 15:27:03 »
I can't stand GTs/Nidec Servos.  They get a thrumming  harmonic resonance going that drives me insane.  I love my $6 PWM CoolJag Everflows though.  Quiet up to 2k RPM and killer static pressure.

Another joy of being deaf, you dont have to deal with irritating noises. My mom and brother complain about my keyboard and tower fans on a nearly daily basis, and 'Brad don't care' ..... LOL

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #4932 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 16:00:55 »
USPS needs to hurry up and bring me my Binge caps, it doesnt take 4 days to get from Pennsylvania to Tennessee

Haha, mine made it up to Canada already. Although my nubb cap took about 2.5 weeks..

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #4933 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 20:30:13 »

Offline Belfong

« Reply #4934 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 20:37:44 »
What app do you guys use to track your package? I'm using Posted which is ok but I prefer something with more eye Candy and saw this one sale. Any experience?

Offline blackbox

« Reply #4935 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 02:02:04 »
3 of these fans:
Show Image

Scythe typhoon is not available from my prefered store and the noctuas does the job. Maybe il take a look at those next time.

3 of these fans:
Show Image

Too bad the AP15's aren't readily available anymore :(
As far as I can tell the ap15's are 120mm(I need 92mm).

3 of these fans:
Show Image

Another joy of being deaf, you dont have to deal with irritating noises. My mom and brother complain about my keyboard and tower fans on a nearly daily basis, and 'Brad don't care' ..... LOL

If everyone was deaf in the apartment I would just buy some delta blacks  :p
Keyboards: Dell AT102W (matias standard clicky), Maltron two-hand 3D fully ergonomic keyboard (Vintage MX Black). CM QF XT (MX Grey) IBM model M

The LAN table!
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=62536.0

Offline isaske

• Stop whining!
« Reply #4936 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 14:44:34 »
Raindrop!!!!
HOW DO I COMPUTER?

Offline Vaii

• wat
« Reply #4937 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 15:59:20 »
I am waiting for my first CC to arrive, I hate foreign tracking sites because I can never get them to work,

So I haven't got a clue on the status which makes waiting even worse!
wtb dark plushberry (mx) bbv2 / starcluster (mx) bbv2

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #4938 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 16:01:23 »
I am waiting for my first CC to arrive, I hate foreign tracking sites because I can never get them to work,

http://trackitonline.ru That's what I've been using to track international.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline Vaii

• wat
« Reply #4939 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 16:05:25 »

http://trackitonline.ru That's what I've been using to track international.

Oh damn, that one actually worked and gave me something that wasn't an error,

Cheers, this will make the waiting a little bit better!
wtb dark plushberry (mx) bbv2 / starcluster (mx) bbv2

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #4940 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 17:26:47 »
Waiting on my V60 Mini from Pexon.

And my V1 BroBot is coming next weeeeeeeek :D
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline Coff_man

• hi.
« Reply #4941 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 22:09:36 »
I bought a Choc mini with MX reds off of ebay  ^-^.  Should be here on Monday. 
-QFR w/ mx Blues
-Ducky 9008 G2 w/ mx Red (dyesub ptb/thin?)
-Choc mini w/ mx Black

Offline Bludude4

« Reply #4942 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 23:48:39 »
I have a custom Space Cadet 87 key keycap set from WASD, shipping right now.
All hail Hall Effect keyboards!
I'm a QFR Blues noob.
WASD keycaps are terrible.

Offline Aidenknives

« Reply #4943 on: Sat, 19 July 2014, 10:33:08 »

I am dying waiting for my v60 mini from mechanical keyboards says they will ship on the 8th...

Offline ernorator

« Reply #4944 on: Sat, 19 July 2014, 11:07:00 »

:thumb: 20$ and it's on the way

Offline Belfong

« Reply #4945 on: Sat, 19 July 2014, 11:37:02 »

For this first time, it didn't come one day after it cleared custom. Cleared on Thurs and I usually expect a call from mailroom on Fri. Nope. Didn't come yesterday. But then today (Sat) the tracking said attempted delivery but no ones there - of course no ones there! Our office is close on weekends! Grrrrr! What makes this worse is that I'm offsite for whole of next week so it's going to be another week before I get my hands on this F2. I'm jinxed. This is like the 70th day! Longest shipment EVER!!!

Offline tbc

« Reply #4946 on: Sat, 19 July 2014, 16:17:28 »
next time....add gps tracking module lol.  and extra large battery.
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #4947 on: Sat, 19 July 2014, 18:11:51 »
Liberal V2 in the mail yesterday!

had to use fake lighting for this shot because it's Vancouver and we have clouds (always).  color is all wrong. :(

(Attachment Link)

This one is still cloudy, but no fake lighting :D

(Attachment Link)

Another vancouverian! We should have a meet up sometime..

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #4948 on: Sat, 19 July 2014, 19:32:02 »

I am dying waiting for my v60 mini from mechanical keyboards says they will ship on the 8th...

I did send Pexon a mail hoping he had them but he hasn't got back to me yet. He must be busy because he's usually quite quick to reply. He did say mid-late July.

I now have a Granite DSA set in the post for it when it arrives :D
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline Aidenknives

« Reply #4949 on: Sun, 20 July 2014, 01:44:28 »

I did send Pexon a mail hoping he had them but he hasn't got back to me yet. He must be busy because he's usually quite quick to reply. He did say mid-late July.

I now have a Granite DSA set in the post for it when it arrives :D
If you get it before me post a review or at least some sexy pics to hold me over! ;)