Author Topic: Crystal Keyboards 6 and 7 with own K.C. "Kacey" Keyboard Controller  (Read 2251 times)

Offline CryHam

• My Website, Projects, FOSS etc.
Hi all.
I'm presenting my heavy modified keyboards, now with my own controller firmware.  :cool:
The keyboards are: CK6 (on pictures) and CK7 (on videos)
and my firmware on both is called: K.C. ("Kacey"), short from Keyboard Controller.

200514-0

More info (about features, motivation, use cases etc.) in project description on my website.
There is also a gallery with pictures, and few videos (without voice).

Keyboards are actually very similar to those in my previous post (CK3 and CK4) from 2016. This means they have rubber domes cut off and result in about 23 gram force to press for CK6.
The hardware is still Teensy 3.1 or 3.2 board, but now with a 1.8" color display (LCD, 160x128, 16bit, ST7735).

The code allows changing anything (binding of keys, editing sequences, macros, etc.), directly in menu on the keyboard's display. I'm showing it on features video (bit long and with no comments  :-X).
Of course I didn't write it completely from nothing, I used available libraries and ported parts from my old fork of kiibohd controller.
More info with sources on github.

For me the keyboards are perfect for now and OFC I wouldn't touch any others even if I got paid for it ;D
« Last Edit: Sun, 21 April 2019, 02:18:02 by CryHam »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: Crystal Keyboards 6 and 7 with own K.C. "Kacey" Keyboard Controller
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 24 July 2018, 00:25:39 »
/Impressive..

Looks good..

Does the keyboard have higher latency with the display demos running ?

Offline CryHam

• My Website, Projects, FOSS etc.
Re: Crystal Keyboards 6 and 7 with own K.C. "Kacey" Keyboard Controller
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 24 July 2018, 01:54:34 »
Yes, I scan matrix 4 times slower when displaying fullscreen demos, to have more Frames per second.
When I am in keyboard menu (keys navigate), I don't send USB keys at all.
So if I leave such demo on screen and leave menu (to normally send USB keys) I get a drop from e.g. 14 Fps to 7 Fps on Plasma effect.
But it is configurable. I have matrix scan frequency at 960 Hz. It is on interrupt, so scan happens also when redrawing display (it is more important and much quicker).