Author Topic: Ducky Yellow Keyboard - It's beautiful  (Read 77550 times)

Offline dante

Re: Ducky Yellow Keyboard - It's beautiful
« Reply #100 on: Sun, 27 October 2013, 17:15:28 »
Do Chinese people hate tenkeyless or something?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #101 on: Sun, 27 October 2013, 17:17:41 »
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline MechManUK

« Reply #102 on: Sun, 27 October 2013, 17:23:23 »
http://www.heavy-arm.com/

Oh hey, also ... welcome to Geekhack

:)

Thanks been lurking a while  :) Not sure if the TKL yellow has a confirmed date yet
Ducky 9008 Shine 2 MX Red, Ducky 9087 Shine 3 MX Black, Poker II MX Blues, Ducky YOTS Brown MX

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #103 on: Sun, 27 October 2013, 17:27:43 »
http://www.heavy-arm.com/

Oh hey, also ... welcome to Geekhack

:)

Thanks been lurking a while  :) Not sure if the TKL yellow has a confirmed date yet

I have not seen any dates mentioned anywhere, other than above.

My local Ducky reseller (PCCG) has not even listed Shine 3 TKL yet, but I'm holding my breath that they will have at least a few yellow ones available.  Otherwise shipping cost is just silly.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #104 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 02:04:32 »

Offline Willy

« Reply #105 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 02:25:27 »
I think I peed a little when I saw those led effects. I'd be like a cat pawing at the moving lights.
QFR - Blues

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #106 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 03:44:54 »
I think I peed a little when I saw those led effects. I'd be like a cat pawing at the moving lights.

Even I think that's taking the yellow theme a bit too far :p

So would I want the DK9087S3-AUSPTYYY1 or the DK9087S3-AUSPUYYY1?

I'm guessing they are both TKL (the TK ones seem to have pictures), and both the above are MX black - what other differences are there?

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #107 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 11:15:43 »
Pre-orders are up:

http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/incoming.php

MY GOD. Thank you, I am definitely setting the TKL Blank MX Blue as my next keyboard, and it gives me, a poor high-schooler, a chance to gather requisite money.
Also, it will fit perfectly with moose's beautiful Oktoberfest.
Perfectissimo.  ;D
Quickfire TK MX Blue Corsair K60 MX Red Ducky Shine 3 Yellow TKL MX Blue Leopold FC660C
Current best: 162 wpm.

Offline osi

« Reply #108 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 11:20:29 »
So much yellow..

Offline linziyi

• The one with many questions
« Reply #109 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 14:34:47 »
:O is it wireless as well!??
Ducky DK9008G2 Pro

"Much to learn you still have" --Yoda

Offline C5Allroad

• Formerly HUNTERANGEL121
  • Watch out, I post when half asleep.
« Reply #110 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 14:58:16 »
Maybe ducky can add more lighting modes for giggles. :D

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #111 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 15:25:23 »
:O is it wireless as well!??

Wireless as is standard, you could make it wireless by using a Bluetooth Micro-USB system, but it's not worth the effort in my opinion.
Quickfire TK MX Blue Corsair K60 MX Red Ducky Shine 3 Yellow TKL MX Blue Leopold FC660C

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #112 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 15:27:10 »
It's not wireless, the wire is just covered by that sheet of paper. It looks like it has a yellow wire in the top right corner.

Edit: Link I don't think you could make it wireless via bluetooth since you need to power those LEDs...

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #113 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 15:33:47 »
(Pre-)ordered!

Couldn't resist.

And if, if, it becomes available in Australia, it will probably cost the same as from mechkeyboards plus postage.  Maybe.  Hopefully.

I hope this was not a mistake!! ;) :)) :p

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #114 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 15:41:24 »
Pre-orders are up:

http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/incoming.php

MY GOD. Thank you, I am definitely setting the TKL Blank MX Blue as my next keyboard, and it gives me, a poor high-schooler, a chance to gather requisite money.
Also, it will fit perfectly with moose's beautiful Oktoberfest.
Perfectissimo.  ;D

:thumb:

(Pre-)ordered!

Couldn't resist.

And if, if, it becomes available in Australia, it will probably cost the same as from mechkeyboards plus postage.  Maybe.  Hopefully.

I hope this was not a mistake!! ;) :)) :p

Nice! I can't wait to see pictures when you get it :D:D:D Maybe video??? lol

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #115 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 16:27:22 »
It's not wireless, the wire is just covered by that sheet of paper. It looks like it has a yellow wire in the top right corner.

Edit: Link I don't think you could make it wireless via bluetooth since you need to power those LEDs...

e.e You're right, I wasn't considering the whole factor of power. Ducky has a microprocessor which wouldn't be operable without power, so the Ducky might be one that's useless when using bluetooth.

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #116 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 16:44:27 »

Maybe you guys should order this mouse to go with it LOL.

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #117 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 16:54:48 »
Show Image

I think that you're forgetting the yellow.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #118 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 22:11:41 »
Show Image

They're nice :)

Then all I'd need would be a yellow mouse pad and I'd be set!

Oh, and a yellow monitor.

And maybe yellow case (for a Mac?!?!).

Offline jevvix

« Reply #119 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 22:14:23 »
Little too much yellow for me!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #120 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 22:26:30 »
Little too much yellow for me!

I'll have it!

Offline C5Allroad

« Reply #121 on: Sat, 09 November 2013, 09:41:11 »
I think it's safe to say that rowdy's favorite color is yellow.  :D

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #122 on: Sat, 09 November 2013, 11:36:38 »
Looks like a giant banana...I love it.
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #123 on: Sat, 09 November 2013, 17:18:07 »
I think it's safe to say that rowdy's favorite color is yellow.  :D

What makes you think that?

;)

Offline C5Allroad

« Reply #124 on: Sun, 10 November 2013, 00:37:06 »
I would love a blue board.....

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #125 on: Sun, 10 November 2013, 01:22:59 »

Wonder if this will be the start of somthing ... a blue board with blue keycaps with blue legends that are illuminated from below with blue LEDs.  Could even have blue switches, which is something over and above what the yellow board can offer.

Offline mmik

« Reply #126 on: Sun, 10 November 2013, 03:38:23 »
If I wanted to buy this for my brother, for christmas, would I be able to? And which switch would I go with for gaming, without being able to ask him personally or have him try some out? Is brown my best bet?

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #127 on: Sun, 10 November 2013, 04:27:02 »
If I wanted to buy this for my brother, for christmas, would I be able to? And which switch would I go with for gaming, without being able to ask him personally or have him try some out? Is brown my best bet?

Reds/Blacks are best for gaming. Blacks are heavy and I don't like them at all, but some find Reds too light.
Browns aren't really good for gaming, just in between gaming/typing (which blues are best at).

Offline genkidama

« Reply #128 on: Sun, 10 November 2013, 17:39:35 »

I would say if it is his first mech and he likes the way his current keyboard is feeling while typing (I believe he's using a rubberdome keyboard), I would suggest brown switches. I guess the linear switches (MX Red/Black) are maybe too much to adapt to, especially if he is using it for typing/surfing as well. When I recieved a keyboard with MX Black they were to heavy for me and my fingers got tired real fast and I missed the actuation point, the force you need to overcome so that the key press is processed.
I never tried MX Reds, so I don't know how they feel or if they would've changed my mind if I hadn't got a MX Black keyboard first.

You can try luring the answers out of him and ask some light questions that won't reference to the Ducky keyboard. Like if you were searching for you and you would like his input on the topic or stuff like that. :)
My finger training is over 9000!!!!

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #129 on: Sun, 10 November 2013, 18:01:27 »
Has anyone gotten one yet...  I want to see someone do the GH standard 120wpm on this...  should be epileptic..

I just watched the video again.. it seems that the ripple effect is sluggish and each ripple is quite wide.

This means that if you were typing very fast.. it would just look like the keyboard is "blinking"  rather than giving the distinct light-ripple effect...

now I am sad...

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #130 on: Sun, 10 November 2013, 18:26:54 »
Has anyone gotten one yet...  I want to see someone do the GH standard 120wpm on this...  should be epileptic..

Show Image

I just watched the video again.. it seems that the ripple effect is sluggish and each ripple is quite wide.

This means that if you were typing very fast.. it would just look like the keyboard is "blinking"  rather than giving the distinct light-ripple effect...

now I am sad...
Show Image

You can adjust the rate of things; for the reactive it's the speed at which it fades, for the ripple it's the speed that it ripples, etc.
So if I was typing on it, I don't think that anything would really work, so I'd probably have to go reactive.

Offline SuperiorKarate

« Reply #131 on: Sun, 10 November 2013, 18:57:19 »
I think this is dope but would be irritating to use in practice. Will buy.

Offline terran5992

• One With The Cup Rubber
« Reply #132 on: Sun, 10 November 2013, 20:01:57 »
I think this is dope but would be irritating to use in practice. Will buy.

Be sure to post pics

Listokei Custom  |  HHKB Pro 2  |  Topre Realforce 103UBH  |  Armageddon MKA-3

Offline C5Allroad

« Reply #133 on: Sun, 10 November 2013, 20:58:30 »

Wonder if this will be the start of somthing ... a blue board with blue keycaps with blue legends that are illuminated from below with blue LEDs.  Could even have blue switches, which is something over and above what the yellow board can offer.
How about a choice of switches? I would buy one with browns.... Then I would admire it everyday.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #134 on: Sun, 10 November 2013, 21:42:59 »

How about a choice of switches? I would buy one with browns.... Then I would admire it everyday.

Blacks.  Already ordered.  Still waiting.  Impatiently typing on this QFR with blacks and BumbleBee keycaps feels like it is only half way there (as nice as the BB set is!).

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #135 on: Sun, 10 November 2013, 22:12:20 »
Going to order the blank TKL with Blues tomorrow, excited!

Offline dante

« Reply #136 on: Sun, 10 November 2013, 22:15:03 »
Is there any info to suggest that the PBT's on these will be as thick as the previous Dyesubs?

Offline AbsoluteZeroD

« Reply #137 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 10:27:35 »
wow such yellow

do want

many lights

so shine

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #138 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 13:07:20 »
wow such yellow

do want

many lights

so shine

Why is some of your text not yellow? ;) :))

Offline mmik

« Reply #139 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 14:13:03 »
Actually I ordered a switch set from wasdkeyboards. I'm gonna try them out with my brother, then my dad and i are gonna get him one of these with the switch he likes.

good plan? Can I get a link to the best place to get these from? I really hope they're not limited/sold out. He was geeking hardcore when he saw this vid.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #140 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 15:23:56 »
Actually I ordered a switch set from wasdkeyboards. I'm gonna try them out with my brother, then my dad and i are gonna get him one of these with the switch he likes.

good plan? Can I get a link to the best place to get these from? I really hope they're not limited/sold out. He was geeking hardcore when he saw this vid.

just holding a single switch in your hand and pressing it will not give you an impression of what it feels like to type on a keyboard with those switches.

Your best bet is to find someone you know, or a local store selling mechanical keyboards, and try using an actual keyboard.

If not, maybe try mounting the switches in something to simulate the keyboard case.

Offline mmik

« Reply #141 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 20:07:47 »
It's better than having 0 idea. And considering it's being used for gaming, I think it'll be easier to tell in relation to the way keyboards are used to play games, rather than typing.

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #142 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 20:20:30 »
wow such yellow

do want

many lights

so shine

Why is some of your text not yellow? ;) :))

My eyes are bleeding from comic sans.

Yes they will be thick PBTs.

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #143 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 22:05:03 »
I haven't been able to pre-order this by going on the page. Does anyone know how it's done, or am I just too late?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #144 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 22:45:47 »
I haven't been able to pre-order this by going on the page. Does anyone know how it's done, or am I just too late?

I just went to the page, added one to the cart, then checked out.

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #145 on: Tue, 12 November 2013, 03:24:10 »
More yellow! :D

...and a bunch of Ducky keyboards with  :thumb: ...and more on their FB page.
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #146 on: Tue, 12 November 2013, 04:08:34 »

Show Image

I could use one of those :)

That mouse though!

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #147 on: Tue, 12 November 2013, 04:09:17 »

Show Image

That mouse though!

Right?! When did they have wireless mice back then? haha.
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #148 on: Tue, 12 November 2013, 04:11:52 »

Show Image

That mouse though!

Right?! When did they have wireless mice back then? haha.

Heh it would be a serial ball mouse IIRC.  I ripped a few of those apart at work recently to get the sensors out of them.

Offline philip

« Reply #149 on: Tue, 12 November 2013, 15:50:36 »
What is the least expensive shop for this if you are in Germany?