Author Topic: 5700/xt  (Read 2159 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
5700/xt
« on: Mon, 08 July 2019, 03:09:03 »
Reviews are out... Hrrmm...

They're pretty fast, anywhere between 2060 super and 2070 super (depending on game)

for $400,  that's good value.

However,  it's actually SUCH good value, that maybe, just maybe wait until the 5900xt comes out, because that might bring down the 2080ti lvl performance to a sane price lvl.

Realistically, we should be paying ~$600-700 for something as fast as 2080ti, but because of Ngreedia's dominance over the years, they've abused pricing.

Now, if you were to hop on 5700xt TODAY,  there are driver issues, (it's a new architecture).

Overall everything is in place for AMD-Fine-Wine rolling forward.

No ray tracing as of yet,  HOWEVER, ray tracing as a whole is very far into the future, because you'd need base lvl performance at least as fast as 2080ti  to even begin rudimentary PLAYABLE-Ray-Tracing.

Something which places RT even further out than hardware is Artistry. Artists have to get used to and refine their Craft around RT limitations.  Humans are slow learners, even if the hardware is there, it's going to take alot of time before we get worthwhile assets generated For RT. 

--That is to say,  there's only a few James Camerons out there, and even if you gave every other director the access to the Red and Arri Cameras,  they're just gonna film garbage.

222401-0

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
Re: 5700/xt
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 08 July 2019, 08:00:55 »
Reviews are out... Hrrmm...

They're pretty fast, anywhere between 2060 super and 2070 super (depending on game)

for $400,  that's good value.

However,  it's actually SUCH good value, that maybe, just maybe wait until the 5900xt comes out, because that might bring down the 2080ti lvl performance to a sane price lvl.

Realistically, we should be paying ~$600-700 for something as fast as 2080ti, but because of Ngreedia's dominance over the years, they've abused pricing.

Now, if you were to hop on 5700xt TODAY,  there are driver issues, (it's a new architecture).

Overall everything is in place for AMD-Fine-Wine rolling forward.

No ray tracing as of yet,  HOWEVER, ray tracing as a whole is very far into the future, because you'd need base lvl performance at least as fast as 2080ti  to even begin rudimentary PLAYABLE-Ray-Tracing.

Something which places RT even further out than hardware is Artistry. Artists have to get used to and refine their Craft around RT limitations.  Humans are slow learners, even if the hardware is there, it's going to take alot of time before we get worthwhile assets generated For RT. 

--That is to say,  there's only a few James Camerons out there, and even if you gave every other director the access to the Red and Arri Cameras,  they're just gonna film garbage.

(Attachment Link)

Good value means sintpinty gets the items

Offline Lanrefni

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 08 July 2019, 10:56:21 »
I'm still using a Strix 970,I do have a Ryzen 5 3600X on it's way from Amazon right now though,should be a substantial improvement over my I5 2500K @4.5Ghz. :D

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 08 July 2019, 18:09:20 »
I'm still using a Strix 970,I do have a Ryzen 5 3600X on it's way from Amazon right now though,should be a substantial improvement over my I5 2500K @4.5Ghz. :D

For sure it's better value than any intel offering.  And the gaming performance is close enough for everyone except them Uber-Pr0-Frag-Beasts.

One more generation, and AMD will top Intel, 

Intel is having so much trouble with their 10nm , while everyone else is taping out 7nm 7nm+ and 5nm..  The slow rate of Intel's movement is likely due to internal politics, too many powerful people.

Meanwhile, AMD has been so bare, they running on a dream.. Of course, it may well end AMD becoming the bad-guys.. but, for now, They're gud'

Offline Sniping

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 08 July 2019, 18:21:45 »
i honestly thought amd was toast for a good while

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 08 July 2019, 18:54:12 »
i honestly thought amd was toast for a good while

Hahaha.. nawh, they have too many low lvl IPs to ever be dissolved completely,  At worst they'd be broken and sold off.  But it's not in the interest of anyone that that happens, including intel..

Without a competitive rival, a monopoly will become self destructive given time.