Author Topic: So, Trump Acquitted..  (Read 2160 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
So, Trump Acquitted..
« on: Wed, 05 February 2020, 21:04:33 »
  Thoughts ?

is Ery1 Still Mad ?

Offline JP

Re: So, Trump Acquitted..
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 05 February 2020, 22:45:10 »
I don't think anyone is the least bit surprised here. I didn't even other to read any news articles besides skimming the headlines.
About Me | The Collection
Therapy is expensive so I buy keyboards and bike parts.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 05 February 2020, 23:03:20 »
If anything the current administration has made me completely disenfranchised and disinterested in politics in every way possible.
So they accomplished their mission I guess, I'm barely aware these proceedings were even going on. That's how disgusted with my own countries politics I am.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 06 February 2020, 02:44:28 »
I'd have been stunned, flabbergasted, if he wouldn't've gotten acquitted.

That said, I dread the future of the world stage politics. It seems like the worst everyone is elected everywhere nowadays Oo .
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 06 February 2020, 02:56:46 »
Acquitted but not vindicated. The U.S. senate is not a court of law. This changes nothing. Everyone knew what a scumbag Trump was. The only thing this popularity-vote has accomplished is to show those who were ignorant, or in denial how despicable the U.S. Senate really is.

Offline yui

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 06 February 2020, 02:58:48 »
well it seems that moderated peoples do not bother to vote, so we get extremist with more power all over the world. and maybe the easy to hack electronic voting systems may not help, but no one knows for sure if they've been hacked, just that they are not hard to.
i guess that if everyone went to vote there might be a greater part of the population happy with the result (and maybe better people in power).
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline depletedvespene

• Old, used-up vespene geyser.
    • Keyboard-related resources.
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 06 February 2020, 05:48:34 »
I expected but dreaded this result.

It's official: American Democracy is sick, and the next steps to restore it to health will not be pretty... but still will be better than the alternative.

Also: my fellow Americans: welcome to banananism. :(

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 07 February 2020, 18:34:20 »

or in denial how despicable the U.S. Senate Republican Party really is.

Fixed that. No one should ever doubt that this is the inevitable scenario that the Radical Right has been planning for and building, in earnest, for 6 decades. As they say, Trump is not the root, he is the flower.

We all knew that Moscow Mitch would do just what he did, my only surprise was that Roberts displayed not a single iota of dignity or integrity. He could have steered the proceedings in a different direction, even if the outcome was a foregone conclusion.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 08 February 2020, 07:25:34 »
I expected but dreaded this result.

It's official: American Democracy is sick, and the next steps to restore it to health will not be pretty... but still will be better than the alternative.

Also: my fellow Americans: welcome to banananism. :(

This is the nature of capitalism. While we don't like it, there's no better way to govern (involving humans) which won't (given time) turn into the oligarchy we have now.

If you look at all communist nations, they're exactly like us, oligarchies.

Right now, we have a nation of PHYSICALLY sick people. Peeps give their money to the candy company,  then turn around and blame candy companies from having too much say in -governance-,  The politicians are at fault for letting this happen, but the Populace is at equal fault for empowering the capitalist usurpers (THROUGH) their own selfish inclinations.

This applies to every consumer industry.

People buy guns they don't need. Food they don't eat. Cars they don't need, LAPTOPS they don't need.

Tp4 is every bit as culpable, 9 laptops. WHY TP4, why do you need 9 laptops ?

@ Fohat, you're always on about the RUSSIANS.  they're the LEAST culpable when it comes to american politics.   What american industry is shipping money to the Russians ?  If anything it's OPEC nations defining american politics.